Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The President told MAGA to do it MAGA said they were going to do it MAGA filmed themselves doing it Afterwards, MAGA bragged about it Clearly, it was ANTIFA’s fault

One is an ugly, decrepit wasteland ruled by an assortment of villains hoping to impose their will on peace-loving people everywhere who otherwise just want to be left alone to tend to their gardens.

So they're finally following the CDC guidelines for the pandemic?

Just now, Biff84 said:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2021/01/06/electoral-college-certification-live-updates-arizona-challenge/6557547002/

A little more on the guillotine in this article. Apparently brought to the protest because they were tired of not having their election concerns being heard and also being ridiculed. Let’s hope it’s just a show.

Are these real army men surrounding the guillotine or are these cosplay soldiers whose only experience with armed forces is playing Call of Duty?

• Like 1
Just now, General Malaise said:

Are these real army men surrounding the guillotine or are these cosplay soldiers whose only experience with armed forces is playing Call of Duty?

Cosplay

• Like 1
Just now, Drunken Cowboy said:

I was finding myself agreeing with Mirch McConnell and thought I entered a bizaro world. Then he found a way to somehow still attack Hillary Clinton and I realized it is still him.

He can't help himself from poking the democrats, they did it first, etc., but he is trying to end the madness today it seems.  This might end the objections.

1 minute ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Trump is reciting a truly impressive list of grievances, but it’s not a rally without the  low water toilet/shower bit. Play your hits, Don. 

Festivus is over.  He's gotta wait til next year now.  

• Laughing 1

It's literally no surprise that Trump supporters are engaging with the police.  The entire reason they claimed to be coming to Washington was to save the republic.  Once they see that this is going to go against them, which will happen when the objections in Arizona are over and Biden's electoral votes in AZ are counted, then they will get really angry. Hopefully they aren't carrying, but that was a big theme on twitter too over the last few weeks.....so it wouldn't surprise me.  

But in the end, you imagine these people have jobs and lives and are you really going to go to jail the rest of your life over the choice of a president???

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

I was finding myself agreeing with Mirch McConnell and thought I entered a bizaro world. Then he found a way to somehow still attack Hillary Clinton and I realized it is still him.

:lmao:

same here...just cant help himself

4 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Mitch is speaking like a future minority leader.  I don't see any redeeming aspect to this speech.

Meh. Mitch has been very harmful to a lot of our institutions in his career, but he gets some credit for standing up here.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, timschochet said:
27 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

https://twitter.com/ElijahSchaffer/status/1346881968819105792?s=20 (Video at link)

BREAKING: Trump supporters have breached the Capitol building, tearing down 4 layers of security fencing and are attempting to occupy the building — fighting federal police who are overrun 

This is the craziest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. Thousands, police can’t stop them

Is this real?

Yes - Lots of similar videos on Twitter by reporters. They have evacuated one of the Capitol office buildings too.

2 minutes ago, shader said:

But in the end, you imagine these people have jobs and lives and are you really going to go to jail the rest of your life over the choice of a president???

And that being Trump.

1 minute ago, dgreen said:

Did Schumer know already what Mitch was going to say?

I think its possible.  He gave Mitch a word of thanks for discouraging GOPs from joining in the objections for appearances' sake.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Desert_Power said:

Meh. Mitch has been very harmful to a lot of our institutions in his career, but he gets some credit for standing up here.

A lot of people will.  I will not.

This is like apologizing for something because you have been caught.  He isn't doing the "right" thing here, he is doing the only thing he can.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, SWC said:

how do you stream the senate hearing thanks brohan take that to the bank

Watching via periscope right now.  Probably drop in on a major news outlet online should have a feed, take that to the bank brochacho

Edited by CentralPA
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Sinn Fein said:

A lot of people will.  I will not.

This is like apologizing for something because you have been caught.  He isn't doing the "right" thing here, he is doing the only thing he can.

Hardly.  

He could easily have joined the "This election was stolen" rhetoric.  

The party leader starting off by shooting it down is a powerful statement.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jm192 said:

Hardly.  

He could easily have joined the "This election was stolen" rhetoric.  

The party leader starting off by shooting it down is a powerful statement.  

Just agree to disagree.  Too many GOP members came out before this to say they would not support the objections.  There was never any chance that a single one passed.  McConnell knew that, and could have made that speech before now.