What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had multiple networks cancelling prime time coverage so they can tell the nation how evil these treasonous Trump supporting terrorist were.  We were told none of these were protestors, but an armed insurrection.  We had a nation up in arms in fear there was going to be some attack during the inauguration.  We have Facebook that has massively censored every posts which mentions Trump in a positive light.  We have our troops under scruntiny for extremism for their Trump support.  

In the end, the arrests and violence in DC during the inauguration were a bunch of leftwing anti-fascist thugs who injured over a dozen police and set some cars on fire.  

But yet we are all good with the fear-mongering and gross exagerations and outright lies the media did.  We are good with facebook and other social media suppressing any opinions which does not support Democrats.  This is actually making me miss Trump years.  At least then we still lived in a country where people could excercise free speech.  

Last edited by a moderator:
No guns, huh?

D.C. officer Daniel Hodges, assigned to a civil-disturbance unit, entered the Capitol grounds with the riot well underway. He was quickly separated from colleagues, and someone in the mob grabbed his radio.

The 32-year-old waded through the hostile crowd, only to be knocked down. Someone tried to gouge his eyes and others piled on top of him before a fellow officer wrested him free. He reached the Capitol and got inside. With no assignment and no way to find his supervisor, he went “looking for work.”

He found it at the West Terrace doors.

He had a gas mask and put it on, then worked his way to the front of the police line. He tried to hold the rioters back “as best I could,” he said.

Shortly after 3 p.m., Hodges got caught between the interior glass doors, sandwiched by rioters pushing forward and by police behind him pushing the other way. His arms were trapped, then his head, on the rioter’s side.

“I really couldn’t defend myself at that point,” he said.

Video shows D.C. police officer Daniel Hodges being crushed against door by mob storming Capitol

A rioter grabbed his gas mask from the bottom and shoved upward, tearing it off his helmet. Another took his baton “and started beating me in the head with it.” He took face-fulls of bear spray with no way to shield himself, and a video captured his agonizing groans and twisted face as the assault continued before he was finally freed and pulled back.

“The zealotry of these people is absolutely unreal,” said Hodges, who suffered from a severe headache but otherwise emerged unhurt. “There were points where I thought it was possible I could either die or become seriously disfigured.”

Still, Hodges said, he did not want to turn to his gun.

“I didn’t want to be the guy who starts shooting, because I knew they had guns — we had been seizing guns all day,” he said. “And the only reason I could think of that they weren’t shooting us was they were waiting for us to shoot first. And if it became a firefight between a couple hundred officers and a couple thousand demonstrators, we would have lost.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/01/14/dc-police-capitol-riot/?arc404=true

Lock all these criminals up.

It continues to amaze me that because of the "sides" (assuming here) people can't see where we're at.  Our military and law enforcement felt it prudent to verify that their personnel were loyal to the country/municipality over a single person because of evidence presented them and somehow that's a BAD thing.  

We had multiple networks cancelling prime time coverage so they can tell the nation how evil these treasonous Trump supporting terrorist were.  We were told none of these were protestors, but an armed insurrection.  We had a nation up in arms in fear there was going to be some attack during the inauguration.  We have Facebook that has massively censored every posts which mentions Trump in a positive light.  We have our troops under scruntiny for extremism for their Trump support.  

In the end, the arrests and violence in DC during the inauguration were a bunch of leftwing anti-fascist thugs who injured over a dozen police and set some cars on fire.  

But yet we are all good with the fear-mongering and gross exagerations and outright lies the media did.  We are good with facebook and other social media suppressing any opinions which does not support Democrats.  This is actually making me miss Trump years.  At least then we still lived in a country where people could excercise free speech.  
Virtually every sentence you wrote includes fear mongering, gross exaggerations, and/or outright lies. 

In charging papers, the FBI said that during the Capitol riot, Caldwell received Facebook messages from unspecified senders updating him of the location of lawmakers. When he posted a one-word message, “Inside,” he received exhortations and directions describing tunnels, doors and hallways, the FBI said. 

Some messages, according to the FBI, included, “Tom all legislators are down in the Tunnels 3floors down,” and “Go through back house chamber doors facing N left down hallway down steps.” Another message read: “All members are in the tunnels under capital seal them in. Turn on gas,” the FBI added. 

Other arrests Tuesday also underscored law enforcement’s concerns about threats to elected leaders, particularly because so many of the participants in the Jan. 6 chaos are still unidentified.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/conspiracy-oath-keeper-arrest-capitol-riot/2021/01/19/fb84877a-5a4f-11eb-8bcf-3877871c819d_story.html

Again, anyone saying this was like the BLM protests this summer or even in 2016 at the inauguration is being dishonest or just isn’t fully informed on what went down there.

Virtually every sentence you wrote includes fear mongering, gross exaggerations, and/or outright lies. 
A big lie.  Why not try to pick a part a few of them apart and discuss?  The mob-mentality on this forum is  to just dismiss arguments which go against the popular narrative.  

A big lie.  Why not try to pick a part a few of them apart and discuss?  The mob-mentality on this forum is  to just dismiss arguments which go against the popular narrative.  
Let's start with your first sentence:

We had multiple networks cancelling prime time coverage so they can tell the nation how evil these treasonous Trump supporting terrorist were. 
Um, a mob storms the Capitol and occupies it, first time since 1813. That is considered a newsworthy event, and prime time coverage would have been cancelled, no matter who the protesters were. 

No thanks. It was my mistake to take you off of ignore and try to engage. 
😂....Pathetic.  The arrogance of both sides never ceases to amaze me.  We have two sides which are stuck in their ideas who don't want to be bothered with points from the other side.  

Let's start with your first sentence:

Um, a mob storms the Capitol and occupies it, first time since 1813. That is considered a newsworthy event, and prime time coverage would have been cancelled, no matter who the protesters were. 
They occupied it with what, one nut with some zip ties?  They did not bring guns inside.  There was no occupation and no attempt to overthrow a government.  The only person killed inside the Capitol Building was an unarmed protestor shot by police.   The assumptions the media put on how they reported this were completely false.  But as usual, your point did not even refute one word I said, you just tried to use false spin to refute a factual statement.  Major networks did cancel prime time coverage to report this event and made a lot of false assumptions casting negative light on all those at the protests.  Using rationalization to show why the networks did that, does not in anyway refute my statement.  

So this mob on Jan 6 did not occupy the Capitol?
No, unless by occupy you simply mean being inside.  But then people occupy the Capitol everyday.  But the context of occupy in this case is obviously the military definition which means to control the building.  The building was not occupied in that context.  

They occupied it with what, one nut with some zip ties?  They did not bring guns inside.  There was no occupation and no attempt to overthrow a government.  The only person killed inside the Capitol Building was an unarmed protestor shot by police.   The assumptions the media put on how they reported this were completely false.  But as usual, your point did not even refute one word I said, you just tried to use false spin to refute a factual statement.  Major networks did cancel prime time coverage to report this event and made a lot of false assumptions casting negative light on all those at the protests.  Using rationalization to show why the networks did that, does not in anyway refute my statement.  
So it was only one individual inside the Capitol building? Did you miss all the photos of the dozens inside running wild and trashing the place? I can provide multiple links (ala GordonGecko) if you doubt the occupation really happened.

No, unless by occupy you simply mean being inside.  But then people occupy the Capitol everyday.  But the context of occupy in this case is obviously the military definition which means to control the building.  The building was not occupied in that context.  
Clearly you're intelligent enough to understand the difference between tourists on a scheduled tour and those who literally smashed doors and windows, climbed scaffoldings, and otherwise broke into a building without permission to be present.

Can we please take this little fishing expedition back to the fishing thread already established please?  It's either that or you guys (jon and squis) be grown ups and ignore each other and just stop with the nonsense.  The childish word play games are tiresome and you aren't changing each others minds with your opinions.

There was a time when you used to make rational arguments, even when I disagreed with them.  You've now become nothing more than a regurgitation of Hannity-like talking points.  Clearly you're intelligent enough to understand the difference between tourists on a scheduled tour and those who literally smashed doors and windows, climbed scaffoldings, and otherwise broke into a building without permission to be present.
He is trying to win an argument using semantics as far as what the word occupy or occupation really means. Sad.

Just don't kneel at football games.

Clearly you're intelligent enough to understand the difference between tourists on a scheduled tour and those who literally smashed doors and windows, climbed scaffoldings, and otherwise broke into a building without permission to be present.
...present at the very moment our Congressional leaders were carrying out the most fundamental role of our democracy.

Interesting because the people who actually stormed the capitol seem to think they stormed the capitol.

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1353042900356009985?s=21

Yenrub said:
Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) is trying to avoid an ethics investigation into his role in inciting the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 by claiming that any probe into his conduct would be a violation of President Joe Biden's call for unity
https://americanindependent.com/josh-hawley-capitol-riot-investigation-further-divide-the-country/?fbclid=IwAR2HgRfYD6kXdbDx_ZsbPAu49BqmAxqPRHN-X7zTXTmvRjX4AKftnKNIi3s
Did I miss that Executive Order? 

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA
You don’t think they controlled the building that afternoon?  Congress was prevented from doing their job.

you are trying to word slice to defend an act of terror.

It is almost three weeks since the riots.

There is still no video of Brian Sicknick and there are zero on the record accounts. 

That sound odd to anybody else? 

Not sure if this was posted previously but “Ten years earlier, unionists stormed the Wisconsin State Capitol in an attempt to block a vote on collective bargaining reform. Thousands of demonstrators managed to enter the building by violently breaking down doors and shattering windows -- but the attack garnered much praise from Pelosi and other prominent Democrats at the time.

The occupiers were praised publically by Pelosi for their "impressive show of democracy in action." The House Speaker took to Twitter to express her "solidarity" with the activists as they attacked the Capitol, and sent senators into hiding until police managed to remove them from the building.

Fox News contributor Mark Thiessen highlighted Pelosi's previous remarks in a columnfor the Washington Post earlier this month, oberving that "in other words, Democrats were for occupying capitols before they were against it."

Not sure if this was posted previously but “Ten years earlier, unionists stormed the Wisconsin State Capitol in an attempt to block a vote on collective bargaining reform. Thousands of demonstrators managed to enter the building by violently breaking down doors and shattering windows -- but the attack garnered much praise from Pelosi and other prominent Democrats at the time.

The occupiers were praised publically by Pelosi for their "impressive show of democracy in action." The House Speaker took to Twitter to express her "solidarity" with the activists as they attacked the Capitol, and sent senators into hiding until police managed to remove them from the building.

Fox News contributor Mark Thiessen highlighted Pelosi's previous remarks in a columnfor the Washington Post earlier this month, oberving that "in other words, Democrats were for occupying capitols before they were against it."
Democrat lawmakers left the state too in order to bypass the process. 

The occupation of the Madison state house was long in duration and very much non-violent.  At the time, was the capitol open to the public (unlike the US Capitol)?  As for Pelosi, when did she write that tweet in relation to the protest?  It lasted for a good number of days.

The occupation of the Madison state house was long in duration and very much non-violent.  At the time, was the capitol open to the public (unlike the US Capitol)?  As for Pelosi, when did she write that tweet in relation to the protest?  It lasted for a good number of days.
Feb 17th was the first one where she says i stand with workers and students of WI.  Impressive show of democracy in action.  This was very early in the process .  

First, it would be helpful if you acknowledged that this was copied-and-pasted almost entirely from a Fox News article (here).

Second, the attempt by partisan media to create a "whatabout!" scenario conveniently suppresses several key facts. The first fact is that in 2011, the "damage" to the Wisconsin Capitol building was mostly superficial (as one Republican official noted at the time: "It is important to note that there was no malicious damage."). I can't even find any contemporary reports which confirm the claims of "violently breaking down doors and shattering windows". In fact, I could only find one story about a broken window -- and it was from a Republican congressman who apparently lied about his car window being smashed. LOL

Another key difference is that the Wisconsin Capitol was not closed to the public when the protesters entered in 2011.

Another key difference is that the 2011 protesters did not engage in widespread acts of looting, theft, or vandalism at the Wisconsin Capitol.

Another key difference is that the 2011 protesters did not storm congressional offices en masse. They remained in the public area of the Capitol.

Another key difference is that the 2011 protesters did not violently attack the police. In fact, the police supported the protesters and did not attempt to get them to leave.

Another key difference is that the 2011 protesters were not encouraged and egged on by the leader of the state to march on his own Capitol.

Another key difference is that the 2011 protesters were overwhelmingly peaceful.

Another key difference is that the 2011 protesters were not advocating for the unconstitutional invalidation of legal election results.

In conclusion, these types of disingenuous attempts at whataboutism tend to illustrate exactly why the January 6 riot happened in the first place. When you deliberately blur the concept of a "peaceful protest" -- e.g., describing the Wisconsin protest as violent, but describing the January 6 riot as peaceful -- it tends to give your supporters the idea that they can get away with anything as long as they self-describe themselves as peaceful while doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread