What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you show me where police officers were taking selfies with BLM protesters that broke into government buildings?
I can show you where police prayed with and took selfies with BLM protestors.  Not in anyway part of their official duties, but was widely celebrated.  Two circumstances are never identical, but establishing goodwill to people is a good thing that should not be punished.  

I can show you where police prayed with and took selfies with BLM protestors.  Not in anyway part of their official duties, but was widely celebrated.  Two circumstances are never identical, but establishing goodwill to people is a good thing that should not be punished.  
You do understand that "establishing rapport with the community" is not the same as "actively assisting someone in breaking the law", right?

You do understand that "establishing rapport with the community" is not the same as "actively assisting someone in breaking the law", right?
How does a selfie in anyway assist in helping break the law?  Hint, it doesn't.  The outrage and response is obscenely out of proportion with reality.  

How does a selfie in anyway assist in helping break the law?  Hint, it doesn't.  The outrage and response is obscenely out of proportion with reality.  
Over the past several years, you've truly gone off the deep end in terms of defending every single thing that "your team" does and (intentionally?) mischaracterizing everything the "opposing team" does.  You know full well that the Capitol incident involved hundreds of people illegally entering the building, with a significant subset of those entering via violent means.  You know full well that some officers actively assisted some of those who entered illegally.  We have recordings of this.  We know these things for a fact.  Yet you persist in false equivalencies and outright lies rather than address the things that actually happened.  Virtually every post you make is of the "whatabout" variety or off-topic histrionics about Trayvon Martin or some other wildly irrelevant event that happened years ago.  You should really take a good long look at the information you consume and why you're so angry about everything.

Over the past several years, you've truly gone off the deep end in terms of defending every single thing that "your team" does and (intentionally?) mischaracterizing everything the "opposing team" does.  You know full well that the Capitol incident involved hundreds of people illegally entering the building, with a significant subset of those entering via violent means.  You know full well that some officers actively assisted some of those who entered illegally.  We have recordings of this.  We know these things for a fact.  Yet you persist in false equivalencies and outright lies rather than address the things that actually happened.  Virtually every post you make is of the "whatabout" variety or off-topic histrionics about Trayvon Martin or some other wildly irrelevant event that happened years ago.  You should really take a good long look at the information you consume and why you're so angry about everything.
To the woodshed

To the woodshed
To the cesspool.  The belittlement, lack of empathy, grandstanding, hyperbole, railroading is tearing this country apart.  It just keeps getting worse and worse.  The left treats half of Americans like deplorables.

Last edited by a moderator:
To the cesspool.  The belittlement, lack of empathy, grandstanding, hyperbole, railroading is tearing this country apart.  It just keeps getting worse and worse.  The left treats half of Americans like deplorables.
This is exactly the kind of post I was referencing earlier.  Rather than address the actual events of Jan 6, you spew venom at those you perceive as having wronged you somehow.  You have an overdeveloped victimhood complex to the point you're incapable of seeing nuance in anything.

Rich Conway said:
This is exactly the kind of post I was referencing earlier.  Rather than address the actual events of Jan 6, you spew venom at those you perceive as having wronged you somehow.  You have an overdeveloped victimhood complex to the point you're incapable of seeing nuance in anything.
Yup.  Hundo P.

These are the moments when I miss the olden days, back when you could like a post without fear of getting suspended for it. :oldunsure:

These are the moments when I miss the olden days, back when you could like a post without fear of getting suspended for it. :oldunsure:
This was only the case for liberals.  

Rich Conway said:
I have addressed every actual event a dozen times in this thread and nothing you stated is new nor does it make a difference.  The individual officers were put in a terrible situation by their leadership, neither outfitted with proper gear nor staffed at anywhere near an appropriate level.  There were not remotely enough police to maintain control let alone start arresting individuals until the national guard arrived.  To pursue actions against individual low-ranking officers is wrong. 

The situation was too chaoic.   Maintaining some police presence in a friendly manner was the best tactic to prevent further vandelism while not escalating things.  The tactics the left perscribes would have resulted in shooting of more unarmed individuals who most biggest crime was trespassing.

The left as a whole lacks empathy towards people on the other side.   The only response i have seen in this thead to Ashli Babbitt being shot is "100 oercent justified!".   I don't see sympathy being offered for this 14-year vetern who was gunned down unarmed.   In fact the left used her death to mischaracterize the protests as a deadly insurgence to create a false narrative.   Had the politics been reversed, there would have been outrage and sympathy and Ashli would have been a heroic victim.  Instead of sympathy, there is the sentiment they were lucky there was not more.  

Had the politics would have been reversed, there would have been outrage and sympathy and Ashli would have been a heroic victim.  
I would argue against almost every point you have made in this thread except for this one. I get the sneaking suspicion that if this were a left-wing insurrection that there would have been outrage and sympathy for the victim from the media, a la Rachel Corrie of Palestinian protest fame. Problem is, you're arguing a hypothetical, and staking out a radical claim won't go over well without concrete evidence, and there's really none to be had. Further, some could argue that left-wing militants would do no such thing at the Capitol. We haven't seen them do so, so how can we assume they would?

But I get your point. It's a media/activist criticism, and it bears thinking about.

The left as a whole lacks empathy towards people on the other side.   The only response i have seen in this thead to Ashli Babbitt being shot is "100 oercent justified!".   I don't see sympathy being offered for this 14-year vetern who was gunned down unarmed. In fact the left used her death to mischaracterize the protests as a deadly insurgence to create a false narrative. Had the politics been reversed, there would have been outrage and sympathy and Ashli would have been a heroic victim.  Instead of sympathy, there is the sentiment they were lucky there was not more.  
First, I want to say I agree. I think if it were a BLM protest and the person got shot, that would be getting more attention and the narrative would be more anti-cop.

Second though, do you seriously not think Republicans are guilty of this and to an even larger extent? Republicans lack of empathy towards minorities and refusal to acknowledge our country’s gross racist past is a large reason the country is as divided as it is right now. I’ll tell you right now that Trump’s bull#### racist dog whistles and lack of empathy for immigrants is what got me into politics and the Republican Party supporting that for 4 years has stained my view on them for a very long time. 

Federal courthouses, police stations, 911 dispatch offices, wendys, pawn shops distract them too much.
There actually aren't many pawn shops or any of those things on the way from the nearest Metro in NW D.C. to the Capitol building, so who knows, really? I know there's a Wendy's around where I once worked, but Googling it tells me it's gone. How sad. Plenty of policeman and dispatch offices, though. NW D.C. is where the estimable Chief Ramsey led the manhunt for Chandra Levy's body, partitioning off a bunch of the city, only to come up empty until a jogger found it months later in a public park. Antifa could have burnt down all the police stations back then and D.C. would have functioned very similarly to how it did anyway. 

First, I want to say I agree. I think if it were a BLM protest and the person got shot, that would be getting more attention and the narrative would be more anti-cop.

Second though, do you seriously not think Republicans are guilty of this and to an even larger extent? Republicans lack of empathy towards minorities and refusal to acknowledge our country’s gross racist past is a large reason the country is as divided as it is right now. I’ll tell you right now that Trump’s bull#### racist dog whistles and lack of empathy for immigrants is what got me into politics and the Republican Party supporting that for 4 years has stained my view on them for a very long time. 
Sure, the right especially with Trump at the top lacked empathy too especially towards immigrants.  I favor a more open immigration policy which allows more young and healthy immigrants in who want to contribute to our society.  I don't think Trump was suitable for office with his inappropiate rhetoric.  

With that said, with all of the criticism thrown at Trump over the last 4 years, I wish the left would look in the mirror at their anti-white/anti-male/anti-Chrsitian positions and realize that is not the path towards equality and peace.  In this forum to point out a policy is not fair to whites or males or Chistians will get you mocked 100 percent of the time.  It is a belief that it is impossible to be unfair to those 'oppressive' groups. 

jon_mx said:
The left treats half of Americans like deplorables.

This was only the case for liberals.

The tactics the left perscribes would have resulted in shooting of more unarmed individuals who most biggest crime was trespassing.

The left as a whole lacks empathy towards people on the other side.

In fact the left used her death to mischaracterize the protests as a deadly insurgence to create a false narrative

I wish the left would look in the mirror
I remember a time when you railed against over-generalizations. And these are just from this one page of this one thread.

IDK many countries who have police acting in a friendly manner in an escalating mob situation around their Capitol.  I don’t care what side did what and when, we should have had people cracking skulls and dogs there. We went from an embarrassment of riches to just an embarrassment.  Heck, we had a thread about what may happen on 1/6.  

IDK many countries who have police acting in a friendly manner in an escalating mob situation around their Capitol.  I don’t care what side did what and when, we should have had people cracking skulls and dogs there. We went from an embarrassment of riches to just an embarrassment.  Heck, we had a thread about what may happen on 1/6.  
That was really because one president and one party specifically left the election in doubt by word and deed, and one part of that equation actively courted people to come protest the certification knowing it might lead to something. It wasn't about policing. It was about incitement.

Started on 12/22.

Sure, the right especially with Trump at the top lacked empathy too especially towards immigrants.  I favor a more open immigration policy which allows more young and healthy immigrants in who want to contribute to our society.  I don't think Trump was suitable for office with his inappropiate rhetoric.  

With that said, with all of the criticism thrown at Trump over the last 4 years, I wish the left would look in the mirror at their anti-white/anti-male/anti-Chrsitian positions and realize that is not the path towards equality and peace.  In this forum to point out a policy is not fair to whites or males or Chistians will get you mocked 100 percent of the time.  It is a belief that it is impossible to be unfair to those 'oppressive' groups. 
This thread is about Jan 6th.

Have you ever acknowledge why the rioters were summoned there in the first place?

This thread is about Jan 6th.

Have you ever acknowledge why the rioters were summoned there in the first place?
They were there to protest the results of the election, most of whom believed their were voting irregularities in sufficient numbers to cast doubt on the results.  They were  ot there to storm the Capitol building and assassinate political leaders or perform some kind of coup. 

They were there to protest the results of the election, most of whom believed their were voting irregularities in sufficient numbers to cast doubt on the results.  They were  ot there to storm the Capitol building and assassinate political leaders or perform some kind of coup. 
Yea I remember them chanting “there are voting irregularities in sufficient numbers to cast doubt on the results!” 

No, they were told it was stolen by basically the entire Republican Party and their friendly media who continue to push lies. Not some irregularities. There were vans full of ballots, suitcases, dominion software, and that pence could unilaterally change the results of this. Trump loyalists organized the event. Trump tweeted about a wild protest. What was the expectation here? Go to page 1 of the thread and read. 

What about the people who planned, wore tactical gear, and were messaging about gassing congress in the tunnels? Were they there to dispute irregularities?

Most of the people who showed up that day weren’t there to cause trouble. Some planned to do exactly what they did, and some participated even though they didn’t plan on it, and some stayed away. It was a bloody insurrection, even if no one had died it was still a violent and bloody ordeal. Fingers missing, eyes gouged out. Stop characterizing the violence as media driven; it wasn’t. 

I remember a time when you railed against over-generalizations. And these are just from this one page of this one thread.
I don't like derogatory untrue generalizatiins such as they are racists, or they are braindead and follow lockstep with whatever their leaders tell them, or they support a pedophile or they are all commies or fascist.  

Do you think what i said about the left's opinion of Ashli Babbitt is false?  Has their been one leftwing source or poster here that suggested she was unarmed and posed no immediate threat?  Has there been one leftist source or poster who questioned if it was a justified killing?  Is there one leftist source or poster here who does not want to railroad a minor Kyle Rittenhouse into adult court and charge him with murder despite clear evidence that people chasing him intended grave harm including one with a handgun which he was attempting to shoot?  I have not seen any empathy or understanding being extended towards these people.  There an exception or two out there that i missed, but i am not saying those to be derogatory but to point out inconsistancies and how different situations and people are viewed mostly due to politics.  

Rich Conway said:
In many neighborhoods, this did happen.  I'm sure it didn't happen outside the CNN building in Atlanta.  

The plan as directed by the Pres who lost was to march to the Capitol and stop the count, to get Pence to not certify based on lies and disinformation. What would that be called?

I don't like derogatory untrue generalizatiins such as they are racists, or they are braindead and follow lockstep with whatever their leaders tell them, they support a pedophile or they are all commies or fascist.  

Do you think what i said about the left's opinion of Ashli Babbitt is false?  Has their been one leftwing source or poster here that suggested she was unarmed and posed no immediate threat?  Has there been one leftist source or poster who questioned if it was a justified killing?  Is there one leftist source or poster here who does not want to railroad a minor Kyle Rittenhouse into adult court and charge him with murder despite clear evidence that people chasing him intended grave harm including one with a handgun which he was attempting to shoot?  I have not seen any empathy or understanding being extended towards these people.  There an exception or two out there that i missed, but i am not saying those to be derogatory but to point out inconsistancies and how different situations and people are viewed mostly due to politics.  
This was what Jan 6th was all based upon :lol:

The plan as directed by the Pres who lost was to march to the Capitol and stop the count, to get Pence to not certify based on lies and disinformation. What would that be called?
Here are Trump's words that day:

Anyone you want, but I think right here, we’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them.

Because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated.

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.

Sounds like protest.

Here are Trump's words that day:

Anyone you want, but I think right here, we’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them.

Because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated.

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.

Sounds like protest.
A protest based on what? 

I see now the government has indicted a bunch of 60-year olds for deleting facebook posts.  What a great country we live in.  

Yea I remember them chanting “there are voting irregularities in sufficient numbers to cast doubt on the results!” 

No, they were told it was stolen by basically the entire Republican Party and their friendly media who continue to push lies. Not some irregularities. There were vans full of ballots, suitcases, dominion software, and that pence could unilaterally change the results of this. Trump loyalists organized the event. Trump tweeted about a wild protest. What was the expectation here? Go to page 1 of the thread and read. 

What about the people who planned, wore tactical gear, and were messaging about gassing congress in the tunnels? Were they there to dispute irregularities?

Most of the people who showed up that day weren’t there to cause trouble. Some planned to do exactly what they did, and some participated even though they didn’t plan on it, and some stayed away. It was a bloody insurrection, even if no one had died it was still a violent and bloody ordeal. Fingers missing, eyes gouged out. Stop characterizing the violence as media driven; it wasn’t. 
It was media-driven but the driver knew how to play the media to his advantage.  Much of that media was social media.  

This was nothing like people contesting the 2016 election. Not in the same universe.
Sure it is.  The biggest difference was there was a huge police/military presence with appropriate gear and real barricades which prevented the violence from escalating.  

Sure it is.  The biggest difference was there was a huge police/military presence with appropriate gear and real barricades which prevented the violence from escalating.  
Did Hillary spend months telling people to show up to "stop the steal", that the only way she lost was it was stolen,  tell Biiden to show spine and not certify the results, on and on.

This is a joke right?

The protests 4 years ago were by upset people. The insurrection  in January was by people unwilling to accept truth, however unpleasant they found it.
So the left gets to judge what is appropriate to protest about?  They were both upset anout the results.  Just because you are sympathetuc towards one group and not the other does not change their right to protest. 

So the left gets to judge what is appropriate to protest about?  They were both upset anout the results.  Just because you are sympathetuc towards one group and not the other does not change their right to protest. 
I’m not the left, and the latter group jumped way over the line when it came to protesting anything. They stormed the United States Capitol having been(by their own admission) egged on by the loser of the presidential election. Nothing of that sort happened in 2016.

If we are going to criminalize hiding social media posts we will need to build more jails. 
If those social media posts involve discussion of criminal acts or visual proof of engaging in an illegal act or talking/bragging about it, then hiding or deleting that is no different than destruction of any other evidence or potential evidence of a crime (as far as the law is concerned).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread