Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?

Maik Jeaunz

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He said he would vote for trump in the general....which isn’t a contradiction.  He is voting for the gop candidate.  The question to ask is would he support him in the primaries

That is what I am saying...he will vote for the GOP candidate no matter what.  that is party over country.  To vote for someone he has said is practically and morally responsible for an attack on the capitol (among other things Mitch said).  So if you have that opinion of someone, supporting him seems not great for the country...but only for the party.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jon_mx said:

And Trump told the protestors to "stay peaceful".  Gore did not concede the election until December 12.  Trump may be the worse pile of manure ever in the white house, but the rhetoric is nothing new.  This is just the latest effort by the left to criminalize free speech when it comes from the rightwing. 

Oh great, months of rhetoric and he says “stay peaceful” once. He also told rioters inside the Capitol “we love you, you’re very special.”

Pivot to Gore and whining about cancel culture now? Not surprising. Your narrative is false, it was pointed out to you, so you change the subject. Gore conceded the election too.

gore dec 12:

Following is the text of Vice President Al Gore's concession speech Wednesday night, from the Old Executive Office Building in Washington, as recorded by The New York Times: 

Good evening. Just moments ago I spoke with George W. Bush and congratulated him on becoming the 43rd president of the United States. And I promised him that I wouldn't call him back this time. 

I offered to meet with him as soon as possible so that we can start to heal the divisions of the campaign and the contest through which we've just passed. 

Almost a century and a half ago, Senator Stephen Douglas told Abraham Lincoln, who had just defeated him for the presidency, "Partisan feeling must yield to patriotism. I'm with you, Mr. President, and God bless you." 

“Well, in that same spirit, I say to President-elect Bush that what remains of partisan rancor must now be put aside, and may God bless his stewardship of this country. Neither he nor I anticipated this long and difficult road. Certainly neither of us wanted it to happen. Yet it came, and now it has ended, resolved, as it must be resolved, through the honored institutions of our democracy.”

Compare to trump feb 28:

“This election was rigged, and the Supreme Court and other courts didn’t want to do anything about it.”

Edited by Snorkelson
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snorkelson said:

Oh great, months of rhetoric and he says “stay peaceful” once. He also told rioters inside the Capitol “we love you, you’re very special.”

Pivot to Gore and whining about cancel culture now? Not surprising. Your narrative is false, it was pointed out to you, so you change the subject. Gore conceded the election too.

gore dec 12:

Following is the text of Vice President Al Gore's concession speech Wednesday night, from the Old Executive Office Building in Washington, as recorded by The New York Times: 

Good evening. Just moments ago I spoke with George W. Bush and congratulated him on becoming the 43rd president of the United States. And I promised him that I wouldn't call him back this time. 

I offered to meet with him as soon as possible so that we can start to heal the divisions of the campaign and the contest through which we've just passed. 

Almost a century and a half ago, Senator Stephen Douglas told Abraham Lincoln, who had just defeated him for the presidency, "Partisan feeling must yield to patriotism. I'm with you, Mr. President, and God bless you." 

“Well, in that same spirit, I say to President-elect Bush that what remains of partisan rancor must now be put aside, and may God bless his stewardship of this country. Neither he nor I anticipated this long and difficult road. Certainly neither of us wanted it to happen. Yet it came, and now it has ended, resolved, as it must be resolved, through the honored institutions of our democracy.”

Compare to trump feb 28:

“This election was rigged, and the Supreme Court and other courts didn’t want to do anything about it.”

Or compare it to what Hillary said thst Trump was illegitimate and stole the election, something she said on numerous occassions.  

1 hour ago, jon_mx said:

Or compare it to what Hillary said thst Trump was illegitimate and stole the election, something she said on numerous occassions.  

It's so curious then why she conceded the election to Trump in November of 2016, and didn't lead any armed insurrections.  It's fricken' March, and what has Trump done to aid in, or even acknowledge, the peaceful transition of power?         

And how are the last of all of those losing election lawsuits coming?  Assuming that these losing lawsuits were the only thing preventing Trump from admitting defeat, isn't it now time for him to concede and recognize Biden is the POTUS?  We know that isn't happening because Trump's fragile ego and "winning" image can't allow him to admit that he got walloped and will go down in history as a terrible, and one of the worst, Presidents this country has ever seen.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jon_mx said:

And Trump told the protestors to "stay peaceful".

This doesn't help your argument, Jon.

If you see someone committing a crime, and you tell them "Stay peaceful," then it tells that person that A) you believe that their criminal acts are in fact "peaceful", and B) you endorse their behavior. When Trump saw his supporters attacking the police, and he responded with "Stay peaceful", it served as a signal that they should continue the attack.

4 hours ago, jon_mx said:

I know you find this hard to believe, but Trumps interactions with Russia prior to the election were not “total exoneration.” Trumps interactions with Ukraine were not “a perfect phone call.” And Trumps rhetoric leading up to January 6th was all based on lies, and he continue to spread them today. 

I’ll ask you again:

Did the democrats steal the election? If so, please tell me your theory on how it happened. If not, why do you continue to go to bat for a liar?

Edited by Snorkelson
  • Like 2

Are you just trolling are do you think what Hillary did and what Trump did are equal?

• Like 1

Link? I am aware that she has said that Trump was illegitimate, and I am aware that she has stated that a candidate "can have the election stolen", and I am aware that she said that voters should prevent Trump from "stealing" the 2020 election. But none of those quotes are the same as what you're claiming here. I can't find any evidence that Hillary stated that Trump "stole the election". Are you sure that you're not fabricating that quote?

2 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

I know you find this hard to believe, but Trumps interactions with Russia prior to the election were not “total exoneration.” Trumps interactions with Ukraine were not “a perfect phone call.” And Trumps rhetoric leading up to January 6th was all based on lies, and he continue to spread them today. 

I’ll ask you again:

Did the democrats steal the election? If so, please tell me your theory on how it happened. If not, why do you continue to go to bat for a liar?

1)  I  never claimed or thought the election was stolen

2)  The burden of proof was on the Democrats to prove Trump colluded with the Russians.  After the Democrats failed miserably to prove their case, they refused to admit failure and instead proceeded with lame charges of obstruction and purjury. 

3.  It sickens me to the core the Democrats power grabs and how they consider themselves to be the arbitator of truth.  I despise the censorship far more than anything Trump did.  The left is taking a huge dump on free speech and have done more damage to this country than what Trump did in 4 years..

Edited by jon_mx
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

3.  It sickens me to the core the Democrats power grabs and how they consider themselves to be the arbitator of truth.  I despise the censorship far more than anything Trump did.  The left is taking a huge dump on free speech and have done more damage to this country than what Trump did in 4 years..

Oh, cry me a river.

ETA: It just seems odd to dump on "the left" after all the incendiary language of the past four years that has ripped our nation apart. Free speech has come with quite a cost to our democracy and values.

Edited by tri-man 47
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, tri-man 47 said:

Oh, cry me a river.

ETA: It just seems odd to dump on "the left" after all the incendiary language of the past four years that has ripped our nation apart. Free speech has come with quite a cost to our democracy and values.

Yeah, because the left didn't use "incendiary" language the past 4 years.  It was all Trump.  :rolleyes:

Each side is complicit 50/50.

15 minutes ago, tri-man 47 said:

Oh, cry me a river.

Yeah i know, the left considers freedom to be overrated. 

1 minute ago, jon_mx said:

Yeah i know, the left considers freedom to be overrated. 

for sure.  Remember, they used to call themselves "The Party of Free Speech".  They never were - they were just suckering people and waiting to impose their totalitarianism.

31 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

for sure.  Remember, they used to call themselves "The Party of Free Speech".  They never were - they were just suckering people and waiting to impose their totalitarianism.

Riiight.

"Totalitarianism is a form of government that attempts to assert total control over the lives of its citizens. It is characterized by strong central rule that attempts to control and direct all aspects of individual life through coercion and repression."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tri-man 47 said:

Oh, cry me a river.

Its also a completely baseless claim about free speech.

18 minutes ago, tri-man 47 said:

Riiight.

"Totalitarianism is a form of government that attempts to assert total control over the lives of its citizens. It is characterized by strong central rule that attempts to control and direct all aspects of individual life through coercion and repression."

Like being fired from jobs...check.

Like being deplatformed off internet/social media...check. 

Like being prosecuted for who you support or what you protest...check. 

Edited by jon_mx

46 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

No, actually I don't remember that.  

40 minutes ago, tri-man 47 said:

Riiight.

Uhm...yeah, I know.  Thanks for agreeing with me and then backing it up with a definition!  :thumbup:

Fits perfectly!

Edited by BladeRunner

23 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

what you protest...check. 

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2021/03/01/proud-boys-capitol-472012?__twitter_impression=true

“Defendant — dressed all in black, wearing a tactical vest — led the Proud Boys through the use of encrypted communications and military-style equipment,” prosecutors allege, “and he led them with the specific plans to: split up into groups, attempt to break into the Capitol building from as many different points as possible, and prevent the Joint Session of Congress from Certifying the Electoral College results.”

Just protestors.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, massraider said:

How many were in this group?  Five, ten, maybe twenty?  The article does not say.  The fact they communicated with walkie talkies indicates a handful of people which woukd certainly be a minute fraction, as in less than 0.01 percent.  So 99.99% were in fact protestors.  So yes, the vast vast vast majority were there to protest.  

1 minute ago, jon_mx said:

How many were in this group?  Five, ten, maybe twenty?  The article does not say.  The fact they communicated with walkie talkies indicates a handful of people which woukd certainly be a minute fraction, as in less than 0.01 percent.  So 99.99% were in fact protestors.  So yes, the vast vast vast majority were there to protest.  

The vast vast vast majority aren't being prosecuted. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, massraider said:

Even most who are being prosecuted were not part of that group.  Most are just teachers or nurses or normal people who wanted to show support for Trump.  

Looks like the FBI snagged a couple of hardcore terrorsts here:

Lori Ann Vinson biography: 13 things about US Capitol rioter from Morganfield, Kentucky

Lori Ann Utley Vinson is a white woman from Kentucky, United States. Here are 13 more things about her:

She and Thomas Roy Vinson got married on February 27, 1997. (a)

She and Thomas live in Morganfield, Union County, Kentucky. (b)

She previously lived in Uniontown, Union County. (c)

She previously lived in Henderson, Kentucky. (c)

She previously lived in Alamogordo, Otero County, New Mexico, USA. (c)

She used to work as a nurse at Ascension St. Vincent in Evansville, Vanderburgh County, Indiana. (b) (d)

She and Thomas went to the U.S. Capitol building in Washington, D.C., USA on January 6, 2021. That day, Donald Trump supporters breached the building while a joint session of Congress was certifying the vote of the Electoral College and affirming Joe Biden‘s victory in the 2020 presidential election. After the riot, she wrote on Facebook, “I was probably one of the first 100 in there and i would say at the most there were several thousand in there.” (b) (e)

On January 8, 2021, she returned to work at Ascension St. Vincent. After her shift, she was fired for criminal behavior at the U.S. Capitol riot on January 6, 2021. After returning home from work that day, she and Thomas were contacted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. She explained that she and her husband were “let in” the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021 and did not “bust in.” (b) (d)

On January 13, 2021, Fox17 News published an interview with her defending her involvement in the U.S. Capitol riot on January 6, 2021 and reacted to her termination from Ascension St. Vincent. She said, “I felt like what I had done was justified and so I just said I would do this all over again tomorrow. I’m sorry that you don’t see my worth.” (e)

On January 15, 2021, the FBI contacted her again. She claimed she knew there was something going on related to the certification of the electoral votes on January 6, 2021 but she did not know that Congress was “in session” at that time. (e)

An FBI special agent filed a criminal complaint against her and Thomas, which was signed by U.S. Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather on February 22, 2021. (e)

On February 23, 2021, she and Thomas were arrested in Owensboro, Daviess County, Kentucky and appeared in federal court Owensboro. For their participation in the U.S. Capitol riot on January 6, 2021, they were each charged with knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds, disorderly conduct which impedes the conduct of government business, disruptive conduct in the U.S. Capitol building and parading, demonstrating or picketing in the Capitol buildings. (f)

She was 49 years old when she was arrested on February 23, 2021. (c)

Thank God they are off the steets and she is no longer saving lives as a nurse.  The world is much safer.....

There are entire Twitter threads devoted to the unsealed indictments of the arrested.  

They were there to stop our government from certifying the results of a free and fair election.  Again, most helpfully videotaped their confession.  I am not guessing about this.  

Being free to protest is one great thing about living here.

The minute an individual spray paints a building, loots a business, or storms a federal building, you aren't a peaceful protestor.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sho nuff said:

That is what I am saying...he will vote for the GOP candidate no matter what.  that is party over country.  To vote for someone he has said is practically and morally responsible for an attack on the capitol (among other things Mitch said).  So if you have that opinion of someone, supporting him seems not great for the country...but only for the party.

And you would vote for the Democrat no matter who it is.  

44 minutes ago, massraider said:

Just those who committed actual crimes going into the Capitol.  Going inside wasn’t just a protest and those still trying  to minimize that.  Pretty disgusting 

50 minutes ago, massraider said:

It's almost like LE can make a determination about who's rioting or insurrectioning, and who's just protesting.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz

21 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

It's almost like LE can make a determination about who's rioting or insurrectioning, and who's just protesting.

And all those celebrating their freedom without wearing masks helped out nicely as well.

1 hour ago, jon_mx said:

Even most who are being prosecuted were not part of that group.  Most are just teachers or nurses or normal people who wanted to show support for Trump.  

What do you think should be the punishment for teachers and nurses and normal people who broke into the capitol and may have smashed a coouple police officers with flag poles or purses?

2 hours ago, jon_mx said:

Looks like the FBI snagged a couple of hardcore terrorsts here:

Lori Ann Vinson biography: 13 things about US Capitol rioter from Morganfield, Kentucky

Lori Ann Utley Vinson is a white woman from Kentucky, United States. Here are 13 more things about her:

She and Thomas Roy Vinson got married on February 27, 1997. (a)

She and Thomas live in Morganfield, Union County, Kentucky. (b)

She previously lived in Uniontown, Union County. (c)

She previously lived in Henderson, Kentucky. (c)

She previously lived in Alamogordo, Otero County, New Mexico, USA. (c)

She used to work as a nurse at Ascension St. Vincent in Evansville, Vanderburgh County, Indiana. (b) (d)

She and Thomas went to the U.S. Capitol building in Washington, D.C., USA on January 6, 2021. That day, Donald Trump supporters breached the building while a joint session of Congress was certifying the vote of the Electoral College and affirming Joe Biden‘s victory in the 2020 presidential election. After the riot, she wrote on Facebook, “I was probably one of the first 100 in there and i would say at the most there were several thousand in there.” (b) (e)

On January 8, 2021, she returned to work at Ascension St. Vincent. After her shift, she was fired for criminal behavior at the U.S. Capitol riot on January 6, 2021. After returning home from work that day, she and Thomas were contacted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. She explained that she and her husband were “let in” the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021 and did not “bust in.” (b) (d)

On January 13, 2021, Fox17 News published an interview with her defending her involvement in the U.S. Capitol riot on January 6, 2021 and reacted to her termination from Ascension St. Vincent. She said, “I felt like what I had done was justified and so I just said I would do this all over again tomorrow. I’m sorry that you don’t see my worth.” (e)

On January 15, 2021, the FBI contacted her again. She claimed she knew there was something going on related to the certification of the electoral votes on January 6, 2021 but she did not know that Congress was “in session” at that time. (e)

An FBI special agent filed a criminal complaint against her and Thomas, which was signed by U.S. Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather on February 22, 2021. (e)

On February 23, 2021, she and Thomas were arrested in Owensboro, Daviess County, Kentucky and appeared in federal court Owensboro. For their participation in the U.S. Capitol riot on January 6, 2021, they were each charged with knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds, disorderly conduct which impedes the conduct of government business, disruptive conduct in the U.S. Capitol building and parading, demonstrating or picketing in the Capitol buildings. (f)

She was 49 years old when she was arrested on February 23, 2021. (c)

Thank God they are off the steets and she is no longer saving lives as a nurse.  The world is much safer.....

She’s pulling the “I didn’t know I couldn’t do that” defense :lmao:

So I’ve been reading through the last several pages of this thread and it’s all about @jon_mx desperately, defiantly attempting to defend the indefensible. It began with him trying to argue that it was the Capitol police’s fault for being unprepared. He has moved on to blame the liberal media, the liberal politicians, anyone and anything other than the rioters. He has denied they were armed, he has denied that it was a serious assault. He has made statements that so minimized what actually happened that they are difficult to differentiate from flat out lies. 

Jon you’re quite emotional about this and I know you must see yourself as some kind of Don Quixote in this thread, fighting the good fight against all odds. But these idiots (the rioters) don’t deserve your effort. They really were Trump supporters, they tried to blow up our democracy, it was a serious assault and it will forever be a stain on Trump, his movement, and those who support him. It needn’t be a stain on you, but it will if you continue to try and defend it in the way you have. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jon_mx said:

1)  I  never claimed or thought the election was stolen

2)  The burden of proof was on the Democrats to prove Trump colluded with the Russians.  After the Democrats failed miserably to prove their case, they refused to admit failure and instead proceeded with lame charges of obstruction and purjury. 

Thanks for the clarification. 

I agree that the hacking that went on wasn’t something that Trump team knew about or coordinated; I do think there was evidence that he knew they had the info and coordinated the release through Stone but I won’t rehash this any more, just letting you know where I stand as far as “collusion.” I will take this opportunity to point out that people involved in this were pardoned and also appear to have their hands in the Jan 6 fiasco; maybe more information will come out as things unfold. 

Trump and his supporters have lied about the election being stolen so much that a group of them stormed the Capitol to “stop the steal.” Censoring them after that (a private business decision made by Twitter/fb) was necessary, as they would have kept it up had they not been censored, as illustrated by the speakers at cpac. Other than the decisions of these private companies, which I will concur are run by people who people who didn’t vote for trump, what are the democrats in congress doing to “take a dump” on free speech?  Other than laws against hate speech for protected classes Im not really sure what they’re doing that has you upset. I’m really not sure what you mean by Democrat power grabs either- I see Republican power grabs, maybe that’s just politics. One example was in Wisconsin, where republicans gave power to the governor when they had a Republican in power and then change the laws after a democrat was elected. Link 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dawgtrails said:

What do you think should be the punishment for teachers and nurses and normal people who broke into the capitol and may have smashed a coouple police officers with flag poles or purses?

By 'broke' you mean walked by security aa most did.  All the mefia wanted to show was the violent parts which distorts the beliefs the public has.  There shouldn't be any prosecution unless there is proof that they engaged in some kind of violence.  Simply being inside the building in itself shoukd not be enough to throw the book at these people and have their lifes ruined.  If there was a ring of people such as the proud boys group above who actually may have coordinated and planned to instigate violence, those are the ones who should face some of the more exotic charges.  

6 hours ago, The General said:

She’s pulling the “I didn’t know I couldn’t do that” defense :lmao:

Protest and then enter a publuc building by walking through security check points and let in by security?  

5 hours ago, timschochet said:

So I’ve been reading through the last several pages of this thread and it’s all about @jon_mx desperately, defiantly attempting to defend the indefensible. It began with him trying to argue that it was the Capitol police’s fault for being unprepared. He has moved on to blame the liberal media, the liberal politicians, anyone and anything other than the rioters. He has denied they were armed, he has denied that it was a serious assault. He has made statements that so minimized what actually happened that they are difficult to differentiate from flat out lies. 

Jon you’re quite emotional about this and I know you must see yourself as some kind of Don Quixote in this thread, fighting the good fight against all odds. But these idiots (the rioters) don’t deserve your effort. They really were Trump supporters, they tried to blow up our democracy, it was a serious assault and it will forever be a stain on Trump, his movement, and those who support him. It needn’t be a stain on you, but it will if you continue to try and defend it in the way you have. 

Of course it is defensible.  Your view that these people are indefensible is based on your perception which equates the entire group with the small subgroup of extremists.  But you have shown your contempt for this group for many years, so it is not surprising.  But these are just normal everyday people who are frustrated and what to peacefully demonstrate their disapproval.of government action.  There is zero difference between BLM protesters and some of the violent elements which turn their events into violent riots.  The way politics distorts views of two equal situations is incredible.  

1 hour ago, jon_mx said:

There is zero difference between BLM protesters and some of the violent elements which turn their events into violent riots.  

You believe that BLM is a group of everyday people who are frustrated, and a small element turned violent?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1

10 hours ago, dawgtrails said:

It's totally cool to loot that Target if you didn't break the windows to get in or set the fire.

• Laughing 1

3 hours ago, jon_mx said:

By 'broke' you mean walked by security aa most did.  All the mefia wanted to show was the violent parts which distorts the beliefs the public has.  There shouldn't be any prosecution unless there is proof that they engaged in some kind of violence.  Simply being inside the building in itself shoukd not be enough to throw the book at these people and have their lifes ruined.  If there was a ring of people such as the proud boys group above who actually may have coordinated and planned to instigate violence, those are the ones who should face some of the more exotic charges.  

Did these people think they were welcome into the capitol to try and stop an election certification? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jon_mx said:

Protest and then enter a publuc building by walking through security check points and let in by security?  

Let’s say this lady and her husband are telling the truth and they just by golly wandered into the Capitol, didn’t notice the hang pence chants, see any of the violence, didn’t see broken windows. Then well shucks it seems like a natural protest, and boy this is weird that I’m am wandering around the rotunda with a dude wearing a Buffalo horns as a hat, but hey a protest is a protest! 

They weeks later are still claiming that they did nothing wrong and would do it again :lol:

I’m firing her for that alone as this woman lives in an alternate reality. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, The General said:

Let’s say this lady and her husband are telling the truth and they just by golly wandered into the Capitol, didn’t notice the hang pence chants, see any of the violence, didn’t see broken windows. Then well shucks it seems like a natural protest, and boy this is weird that I’m am wandering around the rotunda with a dude wearing a Buffalo horns as a hat, but hey a protest is a protest! 

They weeks later are still claiming that they did nothing wrong and would do it again :lol:

What they saw or did not see has no bearing on it.  If a BLM protestor sees people burning buildungs or looting, that does not make them any more or any less guilty. As far as their story goes, i have seen no indication the FBI has evidence which contradict their claims.  

26 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

What they saw or did not see has no bearing on it.  If a BLM protestor sees people burning buildungs or looting, that does not make them any more or any less guilty. As far as their story goes, i have seen no indication the FBI has evidence which contradict their claims.  

You can get a arrested for simply being part of a group that riots. It happens on college campuses every year when a basketball team wins or loses. 

I’ll ask again because maybe you missed it, but can you point to something democrats have done to curb free speech? Are you talking about Dr Seuss type stuff? Because that’s kind of needed, as there is a lot of that kind of stuff in old media and books. And that’s not “democrats.” Its people who feel it needs to be pointed out that “hey, that’s not a great look and lesson to teach your kids.” Some may even be republicans that feel this way. Could you also talk about the “democrat power grabs” you’re talking about? I illustrated a pretty blatant power grab by republicans, and you seem to have a real problem with whatever the democrats are doing. I’m not aware of what you’re talking about, and I’d like to hear about the egregious activity going on no matter who is doing it. 

2 hours ago, The General said:

Honest officer, I was only in this burning Target to pick up some milk.  Had no idea it was being looted!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

You can get a arrested for simply being part of a group that riots. It happens on college campuses every year when a basketball team wins or loses. 

I’ll ask again because maybe you missed it, but can you point to something democrats have done to curb free speech? Are you talking about Dr Seuss type stuff? Because that’s kind of needed, as there is a lot of that kind of stuff in old media and books. And that’s not “democrats.” Its people who feel it needs to be pointed out that “hey, that’s not a great look and lesson to teach your kids.” Some may even be republicans that feel this way. Could you also talk about the “democrat power grabs” you’re talking about? I illustrated a pretty blatant power grab by republicans, and you seem to have a real problem with whatever the democrats are doing. I’m not aware of what you’re talking about, and I’d like to hear about the egregious activity going on no matter who is doing it. 

I did not see where you asked the first time or i would ha e answered.  But i can point to lots of things.  Campaign Finance Reform.  Hate Speech laws.  Every Democratic Senator is in record backing an Amendment to the Constitution over overturn Citizen United.   Conservative speakers are violently threatened if they try to talk on college campuses.  Liberals are using platforms like Facebook and Twitter to silence the right.  

1 hour ago, jon_mx said:

I did not see where you asked the first time or i would ha e answered.  But i can point to lots of things.  Campaign Finance Reform.  Hate Speech laws.  Every Democratic Senator is in record backing an Amendment to the Constitution over overturn Citizen United.   Conservative speakers are violently threatened if they try to talk on college campuses.  Liberals are using platforms like Facebook and Twitter to silence the right.  

You’re against hate speech laws? You’re for unlimited undisclosed campaign contributions, for either party? I’ll point out again that Twitter and Facebook are silencing lies and misinformation, it just happens to be peddled by the right. That’s as much a business and cya decision as it is anything. I appreciate your willingness to state your opinion and answer.