Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?


Maik Jeaunz

Recommended Posts

On 3/1/2021 at 9:03 PM, jon_mx said:

How many were in this group?  Five, ten, maybe twenty?  The article does not say.  The fact they communicated with walkie talkies indicates a handful of people which woukd certainly be a minute fraction, as in less than 0.01 percent.  So 99.99% were in fact protestors.  So yes, the vast vast vast majority were there to protest.  

Why were the people in this group (regardless of size) there?  Who encouraged them to act in this way?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jon_mx said:

What they saw or did not see has no bearing on it.  If a BLM protestor sees people burning buildungs or looting, that does not make them any more or any less guilty. As far as their story goes, i have seen no indication the FBI has evidence which contradict their claims.  

If there is a protest that turns into a riot you should be held responsible for doing things that are unlawful. Right? Lots of these chumps will get off with their little Trump sponsored party in the Capitol because they can’t track them down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

Why were the people in this group (regardless of size) there?  Who encouraged them to act in this way?

You would have to ask them.   It seems some of these Proud Boys went there looking to fight.  It irrellevant if they felt encourged by Trump.  Every court is saying that is not a legsl defense.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jon_mx said:

You would have to ask them.   It seems some of these Proud Boys went there looking to fight.  It irrellevant if they felt encourged by Trump.  Every court is saying that is not a legsl defense.  

Do you think it's relevant regarding  Trump's responsibility for the attack?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, The Z Machine said:

Do you think it's relevant regarding  Trump's responsibility for the attack?

No.  I 100 percent know that the left has done more to instigate the race riot leading to far more destruction and death, but yet i would not criminalize them because i value freedom and free speech.  

Edited by jon_mx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, The General said:

If there is a protest that turns into a riot you should be held responsible for doing things that are unlawful. Right? Lots of these chumps will get off with their little Trump sponsored party in the Capitol because they can’t track them down. 

The entire media and leftwing politicians should be in jail then.  

Edited by jon_mx
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, The Z Machine said:

Do you think it's relevant regarding  Trump's responsibility for the attack?

 

15 hours ago, The Z Machine said:
15 hours ago, jon_mx said:

You would have to ask them.   It seems some of these Proud Boys went there looking to fight.  It irrellevant if they felt encourged by Trump.  Every court is saying that is not a legsl defense.  

Do you think it's relevant regarding  Trump's responsibility for the attack?

Might even say incited.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-siege/feds-say-trump-supporter-who-dressed-like-antifa-on-jan-6-so-he-could-get-away-with-anything-is-now-in-jail/

Feds Say Trump Supporter Who Dressed ‘Like Antifa’ on Jan. 6 So He Could ‘Get Away with Anything’ Is Now In Jail

According court papers on file in the District of Columbia, federal agents caught up with William Robert Norwood III, 37, after his relatives failed to share in his exploits and ratted him out.

Ten days after the deadly events at the Capitol, a relative referred to only as “J.D.” told the FBI that another relative, “T.D.,” had a brother (Norwood) who “claimed to have assaulted federal officers.” on Jan. 6th.

FBI agents met J.D. to get more of the story. J.D. said that he or she was at dinner with T.D. when he or she learned the information.

The next day, agents met with T.D.; T.D. gave them Norwood’s phone number and copies of text messages from Norwood which prosecutors cited in court papers.

“I’m dressing in all black. I’ll look just like ANTIFA,” Norwood is alleged to have texted a small group on Jan. 5th, one day before the Capitol siege. “I’ll get away with anything,” he then added.

“It worked,” he said on Jan. 7th. “I got away with things that others were shot or arrested for.”

“I tested a theory. I was right. I saw ANTIFA being bussed in and escorted by the police,” he dubiously claimed. “Trump has announced he [w]ill leave in a peaceful way on Jan. 20th. It[‘]s not right on so many levels[] that this fraudulent election could not be investigated to the fullest.”

Federal authorities have said there’s been no evidence to date that Antifa was involved in the evens of Jan. 6.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

WASHINGTON — The head of the DC National Guard told Congress Wednesday he was “stunned” as senior military leaders refused desperate pleas to send in troops to quell the Jan. 6 riots at the Capitol.

Even after the Capitol had been breached, Pentagon officials in the Trump administration held off on sending in reinforcements for three hours and 19 minutes while citing a concern about “optics,” DC National Guard commanding general William Walker told the Senate Rules and Administration Committee.

Walker said that former president Donald Trump’s acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller leveled “unusual” restrictions the day before the riots that required Walker to seek Miller’s permission to move troops or to allow members of a rapid response unit to arm themselves or put on helmets or body armor.

The DC National Guard had 340 troops either deployed or ready to deploy to help DC police handle traffic around the city that day. Walker said he could have had 155 National Guard troops at the Capitol within 20 minutes of getting the order.

Instead, those troops would spend hours waiting for permission to help Capitol Police, who had been hopelessly overwhelmed by rioters.

Walker said he received a “frantic” call from then–Capitol Police chief Steven Sund at 1:49 p.m. to request backup. “Chief Sund, his voice cracking with emotion, indicated there was a dire emergency at the Capitol and he requested the immediate assistance of as many available National Guardsmen that I could muster,” said Walker.

Senior military leaders were then looped into the call. But, according to Walker, senior Defense officials Charles Flynn and Walter Piatt said that “it would not be their best military advice to have uniformed guardsmen on the Capitol.” Walker said they cited concerns about the optics of deploying soldiers to the Capitol, as well as the risk of “inflaming” the crowd.

Walker said this was unlike the racial justice protests last year after the death of George Floyd, during which the National Guard was given immediate approval to aid local law enforcement.

 

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

 

That testimony, in a normal world, would pretty much end the chances anyone in the administration who dealt with ot that day would never see another day in public office.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, the rover said:

 

Might even say incited.

Proud Boys have been looking for a fight all summer long before the election and they were chattering aboug violence at the Capitol a month prior.  If anything it shows Trump's speech and election rhetotic did zero to incite them.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Honest officer, I was only in this burning Target to pick up some milk.  Had no idea it was being looted!

Those excuses must have been used quite a bit, and quite effectively. There were 512 arrests in Minneapolis for the looting right after floyd's death. 10 weeks later they still hadn't charged anybody for looting. 

It gets harder to decipher after the third week of august how many people were charged since there was another big round of looting and violence and they did actually charge people then, but I find it difficult to believe that after ten weeks they started charging too many people from the first batch of arrests. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jon_mx said:

Proud Boys have been looking for a fight all summer long before the election and they were chattering aboug violence at the Capitol a month prior.  If anything it shows Trump's speech and election rhetotic did zero to incite them.  

Yea, I am sure they would have just chosen January 6th on their very own

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

Those excuses must have been used quite a bit, and quite effectively. There were 512 arrests in Minneapolis for the looting right after floyd's death. 10 weeks later they still hadn't charged anybody for looting. 

It gets harder to decipher after the third week of august how many people were charged since there was another big round of looting and violence and they did actually charge people then, but I find it difficult to believe that after ten weeks they started charging too many people from the first batch of arrests. 

To be clear, I'm ok with law enforcement distinguishing between protestors and trespassers or thieves and instigators or arsonists.  I think it's a good thing that 100s of people and not 10,000s of people have been arrested for 1/6.  Law enforcement should make those calls.

My point was that jon didn't believe in that, at all, until people who believe the same things he does tried to overthrow an election by storming the Capitol while Congress was in session to confirm the electoral college.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

To be clear, I'm ok with law enforcement distinguishing between protestors and trespassers or thieves and instigators or arsonists.  I think it's a good thing that 100s of people and not 10,000s of people have been arrested for 1/6.  Law enforcement should make those calls.

My point was that jon didn't believe in that, at all, until people who believe the same things he does tried to overthrow an election by storming the Capitol while Congress was in session to confirm the electoral college.

What do i believe?  I am not a Trump supporter nor do i believe Trump claims.  There is also no evidrnce that the vast majority had any intentions of doing anything except protest outside that group of Proud Boys and a few others.  There are numerous people arrested who peacefully entered the Capitol and walked right past enterences which were manned by security.  Non-violent protestors should not have the book thrown at them simply for entering.  Those who are known to have actually plotted or acted violently should.  So i have no idea what you think i believe which is different than you outlined.  What i see are known looters on one hand were let off and peaceful protesters are being prosecuted. 

Edited by jon_mx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you go through empty security checkpoints and downed fences and broken glass and whatever to enter the capitol...yes, you should be charged with a crime.  You knowingly acted illegally to do so.  It has nothing to do with BLM or what happened this summer.  If they did the same, yes, they should be arrested as well.

Why there are likely more arrests now...uncovered faces, a ton of video, as well as evidence they posted themselves on social media.  Also, despite the attempts to minimize that day, whether they were just along for the ride or not, they were in the midst of what is accurately described as an attempted insurrection on the seat of our federal government.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://twitter.com/twfisher1/status/1366996420088238081

Video of what this peaceful protest looked like.  

Estimates of 10000 people there. 9200 who didn't storm the Capitol aren't being charged.  Most of the 800 people who were inside the Capitol have NOT been charged.  All were allowed to just leave the building after attacking police, smashing windows, stealing computers and documents from lawmakers.

It's weird to see BLM is brought into this thread, and really weird to find that every person at a BLM protest acted with a single purpose, but each person inside the Capitol on January 6 deserves the benefit of the doubt regarding their motives.  

I mean, that's really odd.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sho nuff said:

If you go through empty security checkpoints and downed fences and broken glass and whatever to enter the capitol...yes, you should be charged with a crime.  You knowingly acted illegally to do so.  It has nothing to do with BLM or what happened this summer.  If they did the same, yes, they should be arrested as well.

Why there are likely more arrests now...uncovered faces, a ton of video, as well as evidence they posted themselves on social media.  Also, despite the attempts to minimize that day, whether they were just along for the ride or not, they were in the midst of what is accurately described as an attempted insurrection on the seat of our federal government.

They were getting tracked down with the location services on their phones also.  How many really are dumb enough to take selfies inside the White House in a riot situation?  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, massraider said:

https://twitter.com/twfisher1/status/1366996420088238081

Video of what this peaceful protest looked like.  

Estimates of 10000 people there. 9200 who didn't storm the Capitol aren't being charged.  Most of the 800 people who were inside the Capitol have NOT been charged.  All were allowed to just leave the building after attacking police, smashing windows, stealing computers and documents from lawmakers.

It's weird to see BLM is brought into this thread, and really weird to find that every person at a BLM protest acted with a single purpose, but each person inside the Capitol on January 6 deserves the benefit of the doubt regarding their motives.  

I mean, that's really odd.  

Can’t argue with this at all.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sho nuff said:

If you go through empty security checkpoints and downed fences and broken glass and whatever to enter the capitol...yes, you should be charged with a crime.  You knowingly acted illegally to do so.  It has nothing to do with BLM or what happened this summer.  If they did the same, yes, they should be arrested as well.

Why there are likely more arrests now...uncovered faces, a ton of video, as well as evidence they posted themselves on social media.  Also, despite the attempts to minimize that day, whether they were just along for the ride or not, they were in the midst of what is accurately described as an attempted insurrection on the seat of our federal government.

The checkpoints were not empty. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Read it.  Covers a lot of details a lot of people may not know.  

I did...it is nowhere near a great article and didn't really say much fact that was unknown.

Its the typical extreme right biased piece that complains about the media, the FBI, democrats and so on.  Expected from a source as bad as the American Thinker.  Seriously, find better sources...continuing to just peruse the far right side is not a way to stay actually informed.

Quote

Nonetheless, the chilling phrase “January 6th” is now used to brand President Trump, Trump voters, conservatives, and Republicans, as domestic terrorists, insurrectionists, and (in defiance of logic) white supremacists, a term properly reserved for fringe groups like neo-Nazis and the Klan.

 

Quotes like that are not excellent (or really true).  Those who illegally entered the capitol, beat police, threatened lawmakers...they are called domestic terrorists and insurrectionists...because it is what they are.  And yes, it was an attempted insurrection no matter how hard the author wants to claim it wasn't.

Edited by sho nuff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

What about that article is great?  Can you specify?

 

It exposes a lot of the BS that you have been spreading for the last two months.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I did...it is nowhere near a great article and didn't really say much fact that was unknown.

Its the typical extreme right biased piece that complains about the media, the FBI, democrats and so on.  Expected from a source as bad as the American Thinker.  Seriously, find better sources...continuing to just peruse the far right side is not a way to stay actually informed.

Quotes like that are not excellent (or really true).  Those who illegally entered the capitol, beat police, threatened lawmakers...they are called domestic terrorists and insurrectionists...because it is what they are.  And yes, it was an attempted insurrection no matter how hard the author wants to claim it wasn't.

What kind of “insurrection” is it when they just get up and leave and force no demands?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Oh, this challenge will ABSOLUTELY be accepted  :lol: 

It is pretty low-hanging fruit.  Take this quote "All were allowed to just leave the building after attacking police, smashing windows, stealing computers and documents from lawmakers."

All 800 were certainly not attacking police, smashing windows, stealing computers and documents from lawmakers.  There were a handful of windows broker and maybe a couple laptops.  The characterization is false like so much of the narrative and rhetoric surrounding that day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, knowledge dropper said:

What kind of “insurrection” is it when they just get up and leave and force no demands?

A failed one.  As I stated.  The claim that it wasn't planned...seems to go against the other excuse that Trump could not have incited it because there was planning by some for months about it.

There were plans...there were pipe bombs planted in places...people were chanting to go after certain people.  it was an attempt to stop the certification of the electors.  It failed.  That does not make it any less of an attempt.  So him trying to play semantics with the wording (as others have done) to minimize what happened that day is sad.  It was yet another biased piece, but that is what is expected when you read from unreliable sources like that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

A failed one.  As I stated.  The claim that it wasn't planned...seems to go against the other excuse that Trump could not have incited it because there was planning by some for months about it.

There were plans...there were pipe bombs planted in places...people were chanting to go after certain people.  it was an attempt to stop the certification of the electors.  It failed.  That does not make it any less of an attempt.  So him trying to play semantics with the wording (as others have done) to minimize what happened that day is sad.  It was yet another biased piece, but that is what is expected when you read from unreliable sources like that.

 

You conflate way too much.  Just because there was a plan for a handful of instigators does not make it a well organized armed coup attempt planned by the protestors.  The back peddling of what was reported that day and what we are learning actually happened.  There is a gross difference between the hysteria and the facts.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On my best possible behavior I will post this with no comment.

Quote

Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews

!! WHOA: US Capitol defendant Richard Barnett -- man accused of putting feet on Pelosi desk - is *screaming* at attorneys and judge during his court hearing right now. Upset he's been locked up "for a whole month"... "it's not fair"

 

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

You conflate way too much.  Just because there was a plan for a handful of instigators does not make it a well organized armed coup attempt planned by the protestors.  The back peddling of what was reported that day and what we are learning actually happened.  There is a gross difference between the hysteria and the facts.  

There is the right side of the media, the left side of the media - and the videos.  I’ll trust my eyes on this one.  It was a awful look.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

You conflate way too much.  Just because there was a plan for a handful of instigators does not make it a well organized armed coup attempt planned by the protestors.  The back peddling of what was reported that day and what we are learning actually happened.  There is a gross difference between the hysteria and the facts.  

His false narrative and continued attempt to silence any thoughts contrary to his preconceived notions is ridiculous.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

His false narrative and continued attempt to silence any thoughts contrary to his preconceived notions is ridiculous.  

The only ridiculous thing in here is some people's continual desire to downplay this whole thing as no big deal

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trying to forgive the insurrection on January 6 is disgusting. What happened that day will never be forgotten. We all know why it happened and who is responsible.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, dozer said:

Trying to forgive the insurrection on January 6 is disgusting. What happened that day will never be forgotten. We all know why it happened and who is responsible.

As far as domestic riots over the last year go, it does not crack the top 20.  

Edited by jon_mx
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

It is pretty low-hanging fruit.  Take this quote "All were allowed to just leave the building after attacking police, smashing windows, stealing computers and documents from lawmakers."

All 800 were certainly not attacking police, smashing windows, stealing computers and documents from lawmakers.  There were a handful of windows broker and maybe a couple laptops.  The characterization is false like so much of the narrative and rhetoric surrounding that day.

You are correct, not all 800 broke windows.

I'm sure BLM protestors appreciate your vigilance in weeding out the few bad actors among the group of peaceful protestors. I only hope more people could do the same. 

It's that kind of false characterization that allows people to refer to these groups as terrorist organizations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, dawgtrails said:

The only ridiculous thing in here is some people's continual desire to downplay this whole thing as no big deal

It's no big deal.  And the only reason it happened at all is because law enforcement wasn't properly prepared for the big deal it became.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, massraider said:

Where does it rank among insurrection attempts?

Definitely behind the Revolutionary War.  Although, I'm going to need to see the scoring system and lineup requirements before I know which to draft first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

It's no big deal.  And the only reason it happened at all is because law enforcement wasn't properly prepared for the big deal it became.

It wasn't a big deal...remember 99.99% of the people were peaceful.  It was only 10ish that weren't according to that math and the account that there were approx 10K people there that day.  And comparing it to BLM protests across the country where 10s of millions protested seems like the logical comparison for "the sides".  I'm trying to find where the 10s of thousands have been arrested (assuming the 99.99% number in the interest of fairness) and charged.  Those haven't hit the international news outlets yet.  I assume I'll be waiting for a bit on that one.

Edited by The Commish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

His false narrative and continued attempt to silence any thoughts contrary to his preconceived notions is ridiculous.  

What about my narrative was false?  I am not trying to silence any thought...but I am allowed to criticize crappy sources for being crappy sources.  And you brought one and proclaimed it a great article.  I articulated at least a few reasons it was not a great one...and you have failed to articulate anything other than to now criticize me along with another poster who knows I won't respond to him.

Preconceived notions?  No, my notions are based on the facts of the day and what happened.  And how it looked...and what the point of it all was.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

What about my narrative was false?  I am not trying to silence any thought...but I am allowed to criticize crappy sources for being crappy sources.  And you brought one and proclaimed it a great article.  I articulated at least a few reasons it was not a great one...and you have failed to articulate anything other than to now criticize me along with another poster who knows I won't respond to him.

Preconceived notions?  No, my notions are based on the facts of the day and what happened.  And how it looked...and what the point of it all was.  

There was no attempt to overthrow the government.  They did not fire a shot.  It was an angry mob that broke away from a peaceful gathering.  The article accurately points out there were left wing wackos also in the crowd influencing the mob.  That cannot be denied unless they doctored their own video CNN paid them to take.  The mob left within hours and has never returned.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

There was no attempt to overthrow the government.  They did not fire a shot.  It was an angry mob that broke away from a peaceful gathering.  The article accurately points out there were left wing wackos also in the crowd influencing the mob.  That cannot be denied unless they doctored their own video CNN paid them to take.  The mob left within hours and has never returned.   

 

This here is a false narrative laying these assertions to me.  I did not claim overthrow the government, or shots fired.  I stated it was an attempted insurrection.  It was.

The article doesn't accurately point out much of anything.  Also, stating there were left wing wackos also in the crowd influencing the mob has been disputed by the FBI.  

But again...none of this was my narrative.  So when you claim my narrative was false..and you then proceed to list out a bunch of things I didn't say, you are not making a very good case for your post.  Seems your post was just to take a shot at me and doing so based on bias alone.  Not based on anything I actually said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

 

This here is a false narrative laying these assertions to me.  I did not claim overthrow the government, or shots fired.  I stated it was an attempted insurrection.  It was.

The article doesn't accurately point out much of anything.  Also, stating there were left wing wackos also in the crowd influencing the mob has been disputed by the FBI.  

But again...none of this was my narrative.  So when you claim my narrative was false..and you then proceed to list out a bunch of things I didn't say, you are not making a very good case for your post.  Seems your post was just to take a shot at me and doing so based on bias alone.  Not based on anything I actually said.

I posted the article.  It’s you that jumps in with the same schtick.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it's absolutely amazing to me that allegedly constitution loving, thin-blue-line "conservatives" are bending over backwards to defend this insurrection.  

After witnessing the mental gymnastics of the last 5 years I shouldn't be surprised any more, but I am.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...