What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klein, the Trump appointee and failed insurrectionist, is less than thrilled with his jail conditions:

KLEIN, appearing remotely in court, complains about the conditions of his cell, asks magistrate if he can be moved somehwere "where I don't have cockroaches crawling over me while I try to sleep."

He's audibly frustrated that he'll be detained through mid next week.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1367918058816348161?s=19

Poor guy

Maybe Biden should take advantage of the moment and propose better living conditions for prisoners.  Current course and heading there might be some self-interested Republicans willing to get behind the effort.

What are you talking about?  He had every right to be there as the thugs, i mean protesters, who were there to burn, pillage and loot.  Who invited those people?  What about the legality of assaulting people?  Last i heard that was illegal.  

No matter how in the wrong people on the left are, they will always be blameless and all the fault will lie on the other side.  I wish the left had one ounce of a balanced viewpoint, but it doesn't.  
so you are going with the two wrongs makes a right defense?  I don't let my kids get away with that.

also, literally no one says the left is blameless.  No one ever claimed riots were legal.  Not anyone serious, anyhow.

Klein, the Trump appointee and failed insurrectionist, is less than thrilled with his jail conditions:

KLEIN, appearing remotely in court, complains about the conditions of his cell, asks magistrate if he can be moved somehwere "where I don't have cockroaches crawling over me while I try to sleep."

He's audibly frustrated that he'll be detained through mid next week.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1367918058816348161?s=19

Poor guy
The Buffalo head guy required organic food for his stint in the pokey. 

The internet sleuths working on finding the mostly peaceful protestors who were beckoned by capitol police to enter the building and encouraged to snap selfies at Nancy Pelosi's desk remind me of the folks who were featured in "Don't F@#* With Cats" on Netflix.  I don't think this is going to end well for some of these mild mannered and well behaved freedom fighters. 

The internet sleuths working on finding the mostly peaceful protestors who were beckoned by capitol police to enter the building and encouraged to snap selfies at Nancy Pelosi's desk remind me of the folks who were featured in "Don't F@#* With Cats" on Netflix.  I don't think this is going to end well for some of these mild mannered and well behaved freedom fighters. 
that was a wild doc

so you are going with the two wrongs makes a right defense?  I don't let my kids get away with that.

also, literally no one says the left is blameless.  No one ever claimed riots were legal.  Not anyone serious, anyhow.
Sorry dude, but the voices in my head are people too....get a clue guy <_<  

He's been charged with first degree murder.   Do you ever bother to check facts before you post?
🤣  Trumped up charge that have zero chance of success.  Any lawyer who believes that charge has a chance should be disbarred for incompetence.  100 percent political.

🤣  Trumped up charge that have zero chance of success.  Any lawyer who believes that charge has a chance should be disbarred for incompetence.  100 percent political.
That's odd.  I've been practicing law for 25 years and I think the charges are appropriate.   Where did you get your law degree?  Oh that's right.  You don't have one.  

You're just relying on baseless opinion once again.  

What should he be charged with?  
The only charge that will stick is the underage possession of a gun.  I guess for some odd reason they later threw in a curfew charge, which is almost laughable to throw on the top of two first degree murder charges. What does that carry, school detention? I suppose that will allow them to claim victory when the murder charges fail.  Maybe a reckless homicide if you were hellbent on pursuing some murder charges.  But premeditated murder?  Seriously stupid.  

That's odd.  I've been practicing law for 25 years and I think the charges are appropriate.   Where did you get your law degree?  Oh that's right.  You don't have one.  

You're just relying on baseless opinion once again.  
You should have studied harder.

The only charge that will stick is the underage possession of a gun.  I guess for some odd reason they later threw in a curfew charge, which is almost laughable to throw on the top of two first degree murder charges. What does that carry, school detention? I suppose that will allow them to claim victory when the murder charges fail.  Maybe a reckless homicide if you were hellbent on pursuing some murder charges.  But premeditated murder?  Seriously stupid.  
So, in your opinion, he gets found guilty for underage in possession of a firearm and that's all?  Do you think any other charges stick?

By the way, Rittenhouse's defense to the murder charge is that he was acting in self-defense.   You know who came up with the story of his "self-defense"?   Lin Wood.   Yeah, that Lin Wood.   

Oh, and Rittenhouse's attorneys filed motions to dismiss two of the charges (reckless endangerment and minor in possession of a gun).  You know which charges they didn't try to dismiss?  First degree murder and attempted first degree murder.    And a judge found probable cause on all counts. 

Sure and if those three 'victims' did not go there to set the town on fire and assault people who got in their way, they would not have gotten shot either.  But blame the kid.  
If the victims were setting fires and assaulting people they deserved to be arrested and held accountable.

They did not deserve the death penalty from a 17 year old vigilante.

so yeah, I blame their deaths on the kid

To be clear, he got charged with reckless homicide for one of the men he killed, intentional homicide for the other, and attempted intentional homicide for the guy he shot but didn't kill.   Those are in addition to reckless endangerment, etc.  Of the three people he shot, one was armed (the guy he wounded but didn't kill).   Rittenhouse claimed he started firing because he heard a gunshot, so it was self-defense.  The gunshot he reacted to was a warning shot from one of his vigilante cohorts.

Is it a good idea for some kid, or anyone really, to travel to some place to do police work? Would that have been a good idea on Jan 6th?

Is this Rittenhouse kid Batman or something? 

Is it a good idea for some kid, or anyone really, to travel to some place to do police work? Would that have been a good idea on Jan 6th?

Is this Rittenhouse kid Batman or something? 
He lives in the area.  It is wherr he works.  He did not travel.  

He lives in the area.  It is wherr he works.  He did not travel.  
He traveled from another state where he was living at the time, the night he caused the mayhem and two shooting deaths (fun fact: his mom drove him) while violating the city curfew. 

Last edited by a moderator:
To be clear, he got charged with reckless homicide for one of the men he killed, intentional homicide for the other, and attempted intentional homicide for the guy he shot but didn't kill.   Those are in addition to reckless endangerment, etc.  Of the three people he shot, one was armed (the guy he wounded but didn't kill).   Rittenhouse claimed he started firing because he heard a gunshot, so it was self-defense.  The gunshot he reacted to was a warning shot from one of his vigilante cohorts.
He claimed he turned because he heard a gunshot. He then said an attacker lunged at him trying to grab his rifle, and thats why he fired. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He claimed he turned because he heard a gunshot. He then said an attacker lunged at him trying to grab his rifle, and thats why he fired. 
That’s not deadly force.  Not justification for shooting him.  He may get a friendly jury, but charging him with first degree intentional homicide is in no way “delusional.”  

the rover said:
That’s not deadly force.  Not justification for shooting him.  He may get a friendly jury, but charging him with first degree intentional homicide is in no way “delusional.”  
I will wait and see what the courts decide.

Was just pointing out what was actually said.

parasaurolophus said:
Unnamed official, unnamed connection to white house.

More janitor nonsense. 
It’s weird how much people want to bend over backward to defend insurrectionists.  The San Diego Union is a very conservative paper.   

Facts don't matter to him. 
Sure they do.  Claiming it was probably just some janitor as a source is not factual.  Acting as if any legit source would claim a janitor would be the FBI official is not factual.

The facts are someone with the FBI (who had permission to talk to the press) stated the information.  Barring anything refuting that...Im going to believe it at this point.  

Sure they do.  Claiming it was probably just some janitor as a source is not factual.  Acting as if any legit source would claim a janitor would be the FBI official is not factual.

The facts are someone with the FBI (who had permission to talk to the press) stated the information.  Barring anything refuting that...Im going to believe it at this point.  
Facts and logic won’t ever overcome cognitive dissonance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread