What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which RB2/handcuff will cement the ship for teams in Week 16? (1 Viewer)

Tons of RBs afflicted with maladies, ailments, look questionable to start, etc., opening the door fo

• Leonard Fournette (@ DET) [RoJo on Covid list, likely not playing]

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Mike Davis (@ WAS) [CMC unlikely to play]

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Giovani Bernard (@ HOU) [Mixon unlikely to play]

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • JD McKissik (v CAR) [Gibson still healing]

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Dare Ogunbowale (v CHI) [James Robinson ailing]

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Tony Pollard (v PHI) [Zeke dinged up]

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Chase Edmonds (v SF) [Drake dinged up]

• Le'Veon Bell (v ATL) [CEH dinged up]

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • Benny Snell (V IND) [Conner dinged up]

• Other - please state

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters
 Tons of RBs afflicted with maladies, ailments, look questionable to start, etc., opening the door for a slate of backups to seize the day. What say you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably Fournette and Bell....because that is who my opponent has held all year while Ive been here with RoJo, Gaskin, picked up Pollard (who did help me advance) and had Wilson as well.

So...sure...probably them.

Actually, out of that group, at this point I would think that is who it is anyway.  Don't think Rojo has been activated from Covid list which makes me think its not just the close contact (as it has been past the 5 days since he landed on the list)

So Fournette would get the ball and Bell seems to be set up well with CEH definitely hurt.  Though, has a bit of a tougher running matchup against Atl than Fournette has against Detroit.

Salvon Ahmed also has to be considered but of course that is contingent on Gaskin’s status. 

Bump Wilson with the Mostart news
I debated making the following backfields a choice in the poll as well, but decided against because of added complexity, but they can be considered as well:

LAR backfield: Henderson/Brown (Akers out)

SF backfield: Wilson/Coleman/McKinnon (Mostert out)

MIA backfield: Ahmed/Breida/Washington (Gaskin dinged up)

Fournette may be a sensible choice but I am steering away -- I don't trust his ability, the usage that Arians gives his backs, and above all, the presence of McCoy who will also likely get touches.

FWIW I am leaning Bell, even though there are other backs on the bench for KC as well. Will be interesting to see what DAL does with Pollard/Zeke this coming game -- if I were them I'd be shutting down Zeke for the season.

I think another challenge worth mentioning is the game times.

For those of us hoping Zeke sits so Pollard is the lead back the Cowboys play Sunday at 4:30.  

Wonder if the Cowboys will be nice enough to announce by Saturday AM if Zeke is going to play or not?

Maybe the Friday practice report will be as good is we can hope for. 

I think another challenge worth mentioning is the game times.

For those of us hoping Zeke sits so Pollard is the lead back the Cowboys play Sunday at 4:30.  

Wonder if the Cowboys will be nice enough to announce by Saturday AM if Zeke is going to play or not?

Maybe the Friday practice report will be as good is we can hope for. 
Yeah...because I will be choosing by Saturday afternoon between Pollard, Wilson, or Ahmed if Gaskin cant go.

Yeah...because I will be choosing by Saturday afternoon between Pollard, Wilson, or Ahmed if Gaskin cant go.
Yep.  I will be choosing 1 or 2 from Pollard, Fournette, Ahmed on Saturday as well. 

I will be relying on some combination of two of these backups this week.(TD heavy league)

Mike Davis (don't like the matchup against the Washington front 7)

Henderson (with Akers out he becomes an option but can't really trust McVay)

Z. Moss (played well last time against Patriots but I have no idea what the true usage is in Buffalo)

Wilson (looks like he will be going with a 3rd string QB)

My opponent has Chubb & Kamara so I'm doomed no matter which combo I use

So many options. I do know this.. if Wilson AND Pollard both look like getting starts, I’m tempted to put them both in over Jacobs instead of just one of them alongside Jacobs and Chubb

C'mon Zeke you can do this. Just take a seat for one more week and make this easy on all of us that have and need Pollard for the Championship game.

So many options. I do know this.. if Wilson AND Pollard both look like getting starts, I’m tempted to put them both in over Jacobs instead of just one of them alongside Jacobs and Chubb
Braver than I...Jacobs for better or worse is in my lineup.

Henderson from the Rams should see a big uptick in production I would think.

Ahmed from Miami fresh off 122 yds, TD, 2Pt conversion and the Raiders this upcoming weekend. 

Gaskin practiced today and will be activated from the covid list soon, so I assume he'll take back the starting role. 

Yeah if you have other decent options, probably best to stay away from the Miami backfield altogether. 
Well Pollard and Wilson. Likely Wilson if we don’t know about Zeke til Sunday.

If I knew Gaskin would get the carries Id certainly rather have him out there against Vegas

I dropped Mike Davis and picked up Wilson to block my opponent.  Now I’m sort of hoping he will start Davis vs WFT if he picks him up

Well...

Ezekiel Elliott (calf) was limited at Wednesday's practice.

Elliott was held out as a game-time decision last week. The limited practice puts Elliott on track to return this week against the Eagles. Tony Pollard would make another start if Elliott misses a second game.
Elliott told reporters he felt "better today than I have in the last three weeks on a Wednesday." It looks likely Elliott will return to the starting role despite Tony Pollard being the superior back for much of this season. 

Archer - ESPN

Was hoping Zeke and Gaskin wouldn’t play.

But would rather get the info sooner than later that Gaskin looks sure to play and Zeke is looking likely. 

Going to be an interesting weekend, after Henry I’ll be playing one of these backups 

Gaskin

Snell

Wilson

Bernard 

Ogunbowale

another may sneak in as my flex 

Razors Edge said:
Pollard is not and never will be better then Zeke in any way shape or form.
That statement is debatable, at best.

As good (productive, from a fantasy standpoint) as the 2016 Zeke? Heck, no.

As good as the 2020 version of Zeke after 2,264 career touches (college and NFL)? Heck, yeah.

In fact, I would say undoubtedly better.

Perhaps adding AJ Dillon to the "other" options:

Aaron Jones battling a toe issue and LP in practice.

Jamaal Williams also got dinged up last game and DNP last practice.

Tough match up against TEN, but Dillon may be in line for volume.

That statement is debatable, at best.

As good (productive, from a fantasy standpoint) as the 2016 Zeke? Heck, no.

As good as the 2020 version of Zeke after 2,264 career touches (college and NFL)? Heck, yeah.

In fact, I would say undoubtedly better.
What is the significance of the number of college and pro touches for Elliot?

I have not seen a study of workloads that included college touches before, I did come across something talking about decline after 1800 pro touches but most NFL RB never reach that number. The ones who have surpassed it are all really good RB which Elliot has shown himself to be.

What is the significance of the number of college and pro touches for Elliot?

I have not seen a study of workloads that included college touches before, I did come across something talking about decline after 1800 pro touches but most NFL RB never reach that number. The ones who have surpassed it are all really good RB which Elliot has shown himself to be.
I tend to agree with you.  

I feel like the 1800 touch might actually be more of a function of increasing age vs wear and tear. 

I tend to agree with you.  

I feel like the 1800 touch might actually be more of a function of increasing age vs wear and tear. 
I went over this awhile back in the Elliot thread.

I am open to the possibility of workloads mattering. I am just looking for evidence that shows it does and haven't found any yet.

Looking for some.

Users who are viewing this thread