What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Junk Removal (1 Viewer)

GroveDiesel

Footballguy
Anyone have any experience with any of those junk removal places you hear on radio ads all the time? My wife and I have to figure out a way to clear out my MIL’s place and I’m trying to figure out the best combination of least amount of work without a big cost. My MIL didn’t have a lot of valuable stuff so I don’t think that an auction or trying to sell stuff online makes a lot of sense. And with there really only being my wife and I for the most part, renting a dumpster and emptying stuff out myself doesn’t seem all that appealing either.

Any suggestions/ideas from the FFA?

look brohan all i am saying is that some of my best memories involve a dumpster and the ones i love so maybe think hard on it take that to the bank 

I used one when we sold our house a couple years ago.  The one I used can estimate cost if you go to their website and tell them the basics of what you want hauled away.  Basically they charge by how much of their truck you fill up.  They break stuff up if possible to pack as much as they can in to the smallest amount of truck space.  I was pretty satisfied.

Used one before a move a few years ago.  Kinda pricey($300-600).  Recently found a local person with a trailer and it was much cheaper. Not as much stuff but still a trailer full $60.

I had an estate seller get rid of the stuff in my parents' house.  It was all that valuable, but the amount I got surprised me.  They also cleared out the cabinets of the unsalable stuff.

He actually sold someone an open package of a gazillion rolls of TP.  He'd never sold TP in an estate sale before.

I've twice used 1800gotjunk, and my most recent experience (two weeks ago) was overwhelmingly positive.  You can schedule the estimate/pickup online for a two-hour window, and the people who came to my place were great about communication, calling me about 45 minutes before with an arrival estimate, and then a text thereafter to tell me they were 11 minutes out.  Followed really safe COVID protocols, came in and got it and were extremely efficient and also super-friendly.  It definitely is pricey (I just had a couch to get rid of and paid their $200 minimum), but the convenience and ease of use made it well worth it to me.

I've twice used 1800gotjunk, and my most recent experience (two weeks ago) was overwhelmingly positive.  You can schedule the estimate/pickup online for a two-hour window, and the people who came to my place were great about communication, calling me about 45 minutes before with an arrival estimate, and then a text thereafter to tell me they were 11 minutes out.  Followed really safe COVID protocols, came in and got it and were extremely efficient and also super-friendly.  It definitely is pricey (I just had a couch to get rid of and paid their $200 minimum), but the convenience and ease of use made it well worth it to me.
Damn! High end dog food companies should have couch removal padded into their price.

TMI, perhaps. My old girl is eleven going on twelve and hopefully we have many more years together, but she is a world class couch wrecker.  "I think I'll dry my tongue on the couch today, just like yesterday." ... where couch is not to be confused with couch blanket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn! High end dog food companies should have couch removal padded into their price.

TMI, perhaps. My old girl is eleven going on twelve and hopefully we have many more years together, but she is a world class couch wrecker.  "I think I'll dry my tongue on the couch today, just like yesterday." ... where couch is not to be confused with couch blanket.
Yep, that was my issue!  The creatures destroyed it such that I knew I couldn't even give it away.  But renting a truck, getting someone to help me haul it downstairs, and then paying the dump fee wouldn't have been much less $$ and much more of a PITA.

You said you weren’t going auction route, but they will clean the place out, sell everything, and after taking their % and rate for man hours, you very likely still make a few bucks. Positive income vs paying $500-$1000 for junk removal, yeah. Go with an auction.

Users who are viewing this thread