What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Explosion in Downtown Nashville (1 Viewer)

As an added fun factoid: Edward Snowden wasn't the initial whistle blower. It was an AT&T central office technician out of there Folsom Street office in San Fransisco that stumbled onto the secret NSA rooms that were splitting off every packet that traversed the internet and sending it back to the NSA. San Fran was the first office infiltrated but eventually every switching office was in play.

It pays to know someone in sales at the retail stores. Not only do you get 5% off of your plan, you get inside info on other stuff, like when when the new iPhone 12 cases are coming out, the newest wireless charger etc.
That's nothing compared to my State Farm discount.

Flaming out to be a “pain in the ###” doesn’t seem as plausible as his thinking he was disrupting something nefarious. If that’s the case, how did he come to these beliefs?
Pure speculation based on nothing but a wild guess, but I bet there's a QAnon connection. 

Regardless of what degree this was influenced by bad actors, it should initiate more dialogue about the insanity of conspiracy theories running amuck
Look, I'm just asking questions.  But it makes you wonder why these questions aren't being asked elsewhere.  Do you own research. Educate yourself...

And reject conspiracy theories

As soon as guy’s name was released, I searched for him on Twitter. Already there were lunatics who had deduced that his name was an anagram that included both “Qanon and NY.” Like his parents started planning in the 50s.

Others were convinced there was meaning in the fact Anthony Quinn had a contract with Warner Bros.
Then again, "Best Buy's Geek Squad" includes an anagram for "KGB quest."  Just sayin'.

I know. I’m just perplexed. One explanation is that the attacker(s) might have known about something connected to that data center that isn’t widely known. For example, a piece of a military program, say related to transport of encrypted data for domestic or foreign spying, or maybe more specifically connected to our own cyber warfare capabilities. This could serve a two-fold motive: disrupt said program, and as a message that a foreign state knows what goes on and how to cripple infrastructure if it so chooses.

Seems the message here was more of an inside one than outward symbolic statement. With proximity of Solar Winds hack, just seems like there could be more at play here.

Though, we’re just as likely to hear this is a guy who thinks the AT&T girl in the commercials shouldn’t have cut her long hair short.
In my book, anybody who does anything like this is crazy - I don’t try analyze crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out ATT internet has returned.  Not quite as fast but having connectivity is good.  Cell service has still be spotty.  Moving between unstable 4g connection and periodic 5g.

Not complaining as they have worked hard to get things back up in bad circumstances for sure.

Next will be what do companies and government learn from this.  Without getting political...this has showed weakness in our infrastructure.  What can be done to better backup these systems so that 911 doesn’t go down or can be restored quicker and other communication services.

In my book, anybody who does anything like this is crazy - I don’t try analyze crazy.
As a thought experiment... imagine you were tasked with running a special operation against let’s say Iran. It’s limited to electronic only, and you or any of your team cannot enter the country. 

What might you do?
If a person answered, "Hire a local to make a dry run that tips off the authorities while only temporarily inconveniencing some customers of the third-rated cell service provider," then they just might be a conspiracy theorist.

So it will be interesting if the "human remains' are the alleged bomber.  Could be a homeless person that was in the wrong place or could be a planted body? 

I got that last idea as I just recently watched The Long Kiss Goodnight (which is a really fun movie full of Samuel L. Jackson classic lines). The CIA or whatever agency killed two terrorists, froze them and the plan was to plant them in a tanker truck that was set to explode and kill a bunch of people. 

But I will step away from the  :tinfoilhat:

BREAKING: Officials confirm DNA links suspected bomber Anthony Quinn Warner to site of Nashville explosion. He died on scene.

FBI: Warner 'perished in the explosion' and 'acted alone'

Who doesn't know that the media always lists suspects by their full name?
So this guy just doesnt have a middle name? 
Apparently not!

A quick search of multiple public databases shows that guy without a middle name (examples: Whitepages, Zabasearch, InstantCheckmate). Now, it may turn out that he does have a middle name, but he was able to omit it from his driver's license/mortgage/etc.. In any case, it would certainly explain why the media is not listing a middle name for him.

They pretty much NEVER list the middle name. They do it when the person actually uses that.
This is so wrong that it really makes me question your participation in the "Media Criticism" thread in the PSF. :lol:

The media, as a general rule, does not make assumptions about what name they think a person "uses". (Good Lord, how would they even know what name the bomber uses? It's not like they can ask him!) For liability purposes, they tend to initially use whatever full name is available in public records.

BREAKING: Officials confirm DNA links suspected bomber Anthony Quinn Warner to site of Nashville explosion. He died on scene.

FBI: Warner 'perished in the explosion' and 'acted alone'
here come the conspiracy theorists to suggest that the FBI wants this case closed quickly because they were in on it and this guy is just a patsy  :oldunsure:

So this guy was a 5G truther that felt like he should die for that cause?  This the first suicide bomber incited by 4chan memers?  I sort of forget if they've managed to get anyone else to actually go thru with something like that?  

Apparently not!

A quick search of multiple public databases shows that guy without a middle name (examples: Whitepages, Zabasearch, InstantCheckmate). Now, it may turn out that he does have a middle name, but he was able to omit it from his driver's license/mortgage/etc.. In any case, it would certainly explain why the media is not listing a middle name for him.

This is so wrong that it really makes me question your participation in the "Media Criticism" thread in the PSF. :lol:

The media, as a general rule, does not make assumptions about what name they think a person "uses". (Good Lord, how would they even know what name the bomber uses? It's not like they can ask him!) For liability purposes, they tend to initially use whatever full name is available in public records.
Pick any city in america and google shootings. 

Tell me how often middle names are used. 

Lee Harvey Oswald wasnt called lee harvey oswald because somebody looked up a mortgage doc. He referred to himself on tv that way. 

So this guy was a 5G truther that felt like he should die for that cause?  This the first suicide bomber incited by 4chan memers?  I sort of forget if they've managed to get anyone else to actually go thru with something like that?  
What’s the conspiracy deal with 5G? Did they worry this much about 3G or 4G?

There were previous mass shooters egged on by 4chan iirc

What’s the conspiracy deal with 5G? Did they worry this much about 3G or 4G?
5G is government brainwashing, it caused COVID, you know all the usual crazy BS

I don't think you have to go to 4chan for the 5G stuff.  I believe it's all over Facebook also.  I know someone locally that believes it causes mental illness, cancer, and birth defects.  She's early 60s and would have no idea what 4chan is.  Anthony Quinn Xavier Warner was 63.  :shrug:  

Last edited by a moderator:
The funniest thing is if 5G really could cause Covid with the actual coverage area of TRUE 5G right now and not 5G evolution and the other marketing terms that basically relabel LTE we'd have less cases then North Korea

I don't think you have to go to 4chan for the 5G stuff.  I believe it's all over Facebook also.  I know someone locally that believes it causes mental illness, cancer, and birth defects.  She's early 60s and would have no idea what 4chan is.  Anthony Quinn Xavier Warner was 63.  :shrug:  
So here's how this works.  There are memelords on 4chan that spend all day long trying to get bull#### to takeoff on facebook.  If they can get a bot to pick it up and the right people to retweet and then post on facebook it's a win.  

They spend tons of time flexing on internet points on whose memes took off, or who took their copypasta word for word, or what Trump Jr. changed in the copypasta knowing the entire balance of it is BS.  

So your grandma never ever had to know what 4chan even was or what a memelord is, but she was touched by them.  And they are laughing their ### off knowing they scammed your grandma with a bunch of bull#### right now.  Bull#### they just had to give a baby, baby love tap to and the morons of the internet took over the rest.  

The history of how they pulled off pizza gate was bananas, it was so deep and intertwined with carefully constructed bull#### that reddit just flat banned the subs associated with it and shadow banned users as it got beyond their ability to reign in.  

The history of how they pulled off pizza gate was bananas, it was so deep and intertwined with carefully constructed bull#### that reddit just flat banned the subs associated with it and shadow banned users as it got beyond their ability to reign in.  
is there a book or maybe a long, "Matt Taibbi like" investigative article on this?  

would be interesting.  

The funniest thing is if 5G really could cause Covid with the actual coverage area of TRUE 5G right now and not 5G evolution and the other marketing terms that basically relabel LTE we'd have less cases then North Korea
5G runs into penetration issues (that's what she said) quickly, and attenuates in a fart.  I'm not really sure where this technology is headed but for hype.  The US really done ####ed up with it's frequency allocation and needs to phase out AM radio for terrestrial stuff altogether.  

Not to mention the fact that all these 5G towers are going to #### with these mmWave doppler radars that give city block level visuals of tornadoes and will screw with hurricane forecasting.

Out ATT internet has returned.  Not quite as fast but having connectivity is good.  Cell service has still be spotty.  Moving between unstable 4g connection and periodic 5g.

Not complaining as they have worked hard to get things back up in bad circumstances for sure.

Next will be what do companies and government learn from this.  Without getting political...this has showed weakness in our infrastructure.  What can be done to better backup these systems so that 911 doesn’t go down or can be restored quicker and other communication services.
I was in KY for the holidays and didn't get cell service until we were pulling out of the driveway this afternoon to head back to TN.

Was completely off the grid for close to 48 hours. Glad to hear other Middle TN folk are OK.

I was in KY for the holidays and didn't get cell service until we were pulling out of the driveway this afternoon to head back to TN.

Was completely off the grid for close to 48 hours. Glad to hear other Middle TN folk are OK.
A lot of the cell service restored last night but there were a few markets that weren't back up until an hour or so ago due to limited power (can't turn everything up.) A lot of the internet routers were back up but the transport they rely on wasn't.

is there a book or maybe a long, "Matt Taibbi like" investigative article on this?  

would be interesting.  
I mean here's a TLDR

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-38156985

For longer reading

A good article from the new yorker on this topic in general

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/03/19/reddit-and-the-struggle-to-detoxify-the-internet

Here's how the PizzaGate thing led to QAnon and then I suppose to some guy blowing up a camper next to an AT&T building (noting, that this has not happened yet at this timestamp..)

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/06/qanon-nothing-can-stop-what-is-coming/610567/

Users who are viewing this thread