What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What happens to domain name if I let it expire? (1 Viewer)

Steeler

Footballguy
I have a couple worthless domain names and I just want to let them expire.  Who owns them after they expire?  Specifically what will "whois" say when they expire?  I have the whois information protected through my web hosting provider but I'm going to get out of the "online empire" game so I'm going to let the hosting expire as well.

I assume once they expire my name/contact information will no longer be associated with them but I want to be sure.  Thanks for any input you can provide.

They just go into the available pile, so to speak. Anyone who inquires about it will have a chance to buy it.

pretty sure they are reviewed for potential sale value and "purchased" by shell divisions of the domain companies themselves. the better of my expired dotcoms (multieverything, Americanda - actually spelled w a "k" instead of a "c" but the the censor apparatus here wont allow "America" to be spelt w a "k", try it - and, of course, nufced) were all "snapped up" the days they lapsed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread