Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

New "Disease X". Like Ebola, but tests negative.

This thread is pretty misleading. There isn't a disease X. It's a hypothetical for a future unknown virus that could be devastating. There is not currently a disease like Ebola that is spreading or that even really exists.

The quote above is taken out of context.

39 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

This thread is pretty misleading. There isn't a disease X. It's a hypothetical for a future unknown virus that could be devastating. There is not currently a disease like Ebola that is spreading or that even really exists.

True. 

New zoonotic diseases are discovered every few years, including an occasional hemorrhagic fever. Fortunately, they don’t spread as readily as respiratory illnesses, in large part because infected people are debilitated and die quickly, and person-to-person spread only occurs with exposure to bodily fluids from symptomatic individuals.

Avian flu is a much scarier threat, as are other coronaviruses waiting to jump the species barrier.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Cold Dead Hands said:

Might be for the best if we just fence off the entirety of the Congo and call it a Nature Preserve.

Except it has incredible amounts of natural resources including 65% of the world's cobalt, which we kinda need for batteries, aerospace etc....

Beautiful country, completely raped by outsiders for over 2 centuries. 

2 hours ago, gianmarco said:

Taking things out of context... that's the first sign of having disease X, isn't it?  OMG, @NorvilleBarnes HAS IT! Sorry buddy, it was a great run.

Lupus! Is it Lupus?

47 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Except it has incredible amounts of natural resources including 65% of the world's cobalt, which we kinda need for batteries, aerospace etc....

King Leopold's Ghost by Adam Hochschild if you ever want to read a deeply depressing and horrifyingly sad book  :mellow:

Edited by mr. furley
4 hours ago, gianmarco said:

I didn’t realize that until I saw your post and I read the article. Very misleading.

Also, trying to tie it to CV-19 is ridiculous. Ebola doesn’t spread like CV-19 because it is so deadly and symptomatic. The reason CV has been so contagious and spread so well is because there are so many spreaders without symptoms. With a disease as deadly as Ebola you don’t have that.

4 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Unbelievably still holding onto COBCF. It’s gonna come back! 

Edited by Capella
5 hours ago, Cold Dead Hands said:
5 hours ago, The General said:

“The Congo” was one of the worst movies I can recall that I watched in a theater. 

####ty Peter!

Ugly. Woman. Ugly. Woman.

I use that line all the time. The wife, not a fan.

• Laughing 1