Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

** OFFICIAL TAMPA AT DETROIT GAME THREAD **


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bucs have 61 points and over 650 yards of offense in the last 4 quarters. 

I was so excited when they went for the FG there!  Jesus this guy is killing me!

Yea my wife and I have discussed this. Season ticket holders for the bolts and Bucs. Figured with all the playoff games it saved us 10k at least.    But still, not seeing the Cup at home sucked

20 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I know you are, Capella. Tampa has indeed had a great sports year so that indeed must be great for those in Tampa stuck in 2020 morass. No fans, though, to see it live. Sort of bittersweet all around, but cool nonetheless.  

Pretty bittersweet for those of us in LA too. The highs of seeing the Dodgers and Lakers win (for Kobe!), but not getting a chance to see it in person.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rockaction said:

Succop just missed another opportunity for points on the board. Sheesh. Sorry Deamon and tricky92. Maybe not your day. 

I was so excited when they went for the FG there!  Jesus this guy is killing me!

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tricky92 said:

What a straight clown. Thank God Kamara went nuts for me yesterday.

That you'd even be online after the Kamara outburst -- never mind complaining about kickers -- says something about this hobby. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CR69 said:

And keeping the total just under the line. ####. 

I hate these two teams and today didn't help it.  I had TB over 13.5 2H and that couldn't hit?  Glad I started the TB K also.  

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Is Evans being out there with mins left in a 40 point game malpractice? 

Arians said there was a conscious effort to get Mike Evans the ball in the second half -- "I desperately want that to happen" he says of getting Evans to NFL history for a seventh straight 1,000-yard season to open his career.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Capella said:

Arians said there was a conscious effort to get Mike Evans the ball in the second half -- "I desperately want that to happen" he says of getting Evans to NFL history for a seventh straight 1,000-yard season to open his career.

I wish Payton was that desperate for Kamara yesterday.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capella said:

I am. 
 

Bolts won the Cup, Rays made an exciting World Series and the Bucs are back in the playoffs with Tom Brady. Sports part of 2020, and only the sports part, was great.

Let's go back to your work in the Game thread last week when the Bucs were trailing the Falcons 24-0 and you were firing Arians, has your opinion really changed all that much since then?

2-Part question Cap, assuming Bucs go in as Wildcard and even win 1st game, lose the 2nd...Brady comes back? New Head Coach that can get this to the next level? Curious your thoughts right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Evans is still out there. 

You have Antonio Brown who needs reps, but you keep you star WR out there with a 40 point lead with 10 mins to go.

This is when the karma gods teach lessons. 

Evan’s is getting close to being the first WR in NFL history to have 7 straight 1,000 yard seasons to start a career.  That’s why he was still out there. I think he needs ~40 next week after this performance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Let's go back to your work in the Game thread last week when the Bucs were trailing the Falcons 24-0 and you were firing Arians, has your opinion really changed all that much since then?

2-Part question Cap, assuming Bucs go in as Wildcard and even win 1st game, lose the 2nd...Brady comes back? New Head Coach that can get this to the next level? Curious your thoughts right now. 

They’re not firing Arians. This has been discussed up thread. At the time I said that they were were down 17-0 at the half with 60 total yards to a 4 win team, heading towards an 8-6 record and the possibility of them missing the playoffs was in play. So that’s what’s changed, I’d say that is quite a bit.

 

Brady and Gronk are back even if they lose round 1.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Capella said:

@gregauman Updated numbers on Tom Brady's last two halves: 43-for-56, 668 yards and six touchdowns. 43 completions, same as his age ...

Everybody on Detroit Sports Radio saying Stafford is getting too old..Brady is 11 years older than Stafford.

Edited by Da Guru
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Everybody on Detroit Sports Radio saying Stafford is getting too old..Brady is 11 years older than Stafford.

Detroit Sports Radio forgets that this team was a loser 50 years before he was even drafted. For the 2nd straight week, Detroit needed a QB to put up 50 points to win a game.  Sounds easy enough to fix.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Detroit Sports Radio forgets that this team was a loser 50 years before he was even drafted. For the 2nd straight week, Detroit needed a QB to put up 50 points to win a game.  Sounds easy enough to fix.

They have been  a loser after he was drafted too.  Stafford is not the problem.  Been here 12 years now

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Neil Beaufort Zod said:

I'm glad the Buccaneers made the playoffs, but there aren't any Lions in the postseason. I think they're 1-4 against teams with winning records. Maybe Jones helps, and/or they play better at the beginning of games. Hope the defense makes things easier on Brady. Great as he is, you don't want him forcing throws.

While this is true, the WFT currently has one more win than Detroit, and is the likely first round opponent. 
 

Bucs beat the Pack, played the Rams and Chiefs close and got smoked by the Saints twice. I think they have a chance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Capella said:

While this is true, the WFT currently has one more win than Detroit, and is the likely first round opponent. 
 

Bucs beat the Pack, played the Rams and Chiefs close and got smoked by the Saints twice. I think they have a chance. 

Of course. Everybody has a chance. Just have to get there.

If WFT loses next week, I believe the winner of Giants/Cowboys takes the division. Giants gave the Bucs all they could handle, and that was before Gallman was rolling. That's not a good matchup for TB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...