What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tested Positive for Covid today. (1 Viewer)

SHIZNITTTT

Footballguy
Like the thread title states went in to get tested and it was positive.   Just achy all over at this time and a fever at night.  No shortness of breath.  I can still smell and taste.  Have on so many layers of clothes and blankets that went I get up to use the bathroom I feel like I walked into a Freezer.    Was prescribed an inhaler just in case, Tessalon Perles (cough) which I have had a dry cough for several days (thought it was from allergies/drainage), Musinex daily, Azithromycin, and a crap ton of supplements. 

So my week off from work:

Hit by semi truck that didn't stop

Best dog ever dies

Test Positive for Covid

Oh, and I can't go back to work until Jan 5, 2021 at the earliest.

Good luck. My 67 year old dad tested positive as well. It’s been a week and he still has overall weakness, headache and sore throat. It does not appear to have gotten worse. 

Oh dammit. So sorry about your dog. :(

and the whole getting hit by a semi thing. And the covid. Sheesh. What a week. Hope things turn around soon health-wise.

I'm sorry about your dog, SHIZ.  I wish you a speedy recovery. If you feel you are getting worse go back to the dr/hospital!

I like to find silver linings:

This has the making a country music hit and/or a Hallmark TV movie.

Hope 2021 gets her soon for you!

oh, the humanity. can't even make the "did you get the # of the truck that hit you?" joke....

words can't express how much i hope your 2021 luck knocks hell out of 2020's for you. hang tough, SHIZ

Like the thread title states went in to get tested and it was positive.   Just achy all over at this time and a fever at night.  No shortness of breath.  I can still smell and taste.  Have on so many layers of clothes and blankets that went I get up to use the bathroom I feel like I walked into a Freezer.    Was prescribed an inhaler just in case, Tessalon Perles (cough) which I have had a dry cough for several days (thought it was from allergies/drainage), Musinex daily, Azithromycin, and a crap ton of supplements. 

So my week off from work:

Hit by semi truck that didn't stop

Best dog ever dies

Test Positive for Covid

Oh, and I can't go back to work until Jan 5, 2021 at the earliest.
How are you feeling? 

can you talk us through the progress of this thing for you- where/how you think you got it, how it first started feeling, progressions/recessions of it, etc.

much appreciated!

So last night was the absolute worse.  High fever,  vomiting,  cramping and irritable. I just want to get through this and start giving plasma asap to help others.  Guys this crap is for real.  Please protect your families and yourself.  
Sounds awful shiz.   Hope that you recover fully and very soon.   Take care of yourself.

So last night was the absolute worse.  High fever,  vomiting,  cramping and irritable. I just want to get through this and start giving plasma asap to help others.  Guys this crap is for real.  Please protect your families and yourself.  
I’m pretty sure I have COVID and am going to go get tested today. I started feeling a slight head cold over the weekend and didn’t think it was related to COVID. Went out and played disc golf on Sunday and then my sinuses just got clogged and I’ve developed a severe head cold, just constant headaches and sinus pressure. But when I got home Sunday night i made a toasted turkey and Swiss sandwich and I couldn’t taste a thing, it just happened instantly. Since then I haven’t been able to taste or smell which was the dead giveaway that it was COVID. 

I don’t think I’ve had a fever, if so it has been mild and definitely no vomiting or physical aches and pains.  I’ll share my test results and I’m hoping to get them tomorrow.  

I’m pretty sure I have COVID and am going to go get tested today. I started feeling a slight head cold over the weekend and didn’t think it was related to COVID. Went out and played disc golf on Sunday and then my sinuses just got clogged and I’ve developed a severe head cold, just constant headaches and sinus pressure. But when I got home Sunday night i made a toasted turkey and Swiss sandwich and I couldn’t taste a thing, it just happened instantly. Since then I haven’t been able to taste or smell which was the dead giveaway that it was COVID. 

I don’t think I’ve had a fever, if so it has been mild and definitely no vomiting or physical aches and pains.  I’ll share my test results and I’m hoping to get them tomorrow.  
I hope you get well soon.

Also: I hope like heck you didn't catch it on the disc golf course, because I've been telling myself it's impossible to contract this virus at what has become my sanctuary.

I hope you get well soon.

Also: I hope like heck you didn't catch it on the disc golf course, because I've been telling myself it's impossible to contract this virus at what has become my sanctuary.
Most likely not.  The symptoms would typically take longer than a day or 2 to show up if he contracted it there. With that said- I wish everybody who is battling Covid a quick and full recovery.  It’s certainly not a fun or easy battle for many. 

My brother-in-law got it.  Late 50's and in seriously great shape.  Lifts weights and eats right.  He went golfing with a buddy who ended up positive and is pretty sure that's how he got it.  Same car ride there.  Anyway, he is a big strong fella and Mr Macho Man didn't believe in this thing for the most part and then took the tack that it wouldn't affect him anyway.

It brought him to his knees.  For 3 days.  He says it was the sickest he's ever been.

I also had a niece get it.  She is fine so far and had minor symptoms.  Same goes for her boyfriend.

Sister's housekeeper (retired/older) died from it.

What did your doctor say about when to go to the hospital?

Sorry to hear. Hope you feel better soon. My DIL got her positive result 9 days ago. Today was her "hump" day where she finally isn't miserable anymore. So you may have a few more bad days before it turns. But then again. you may be in better shape and recover quicker.

Users who are viewing this thread