Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Tested Positive for Covid today.

5 hours ago, El Floppo said:

They all tested negative. So I can stop wearing a mask at home

If it's only been a day or two, you need to re-test in a couple of days.  It takes time for a virus to build up and show up in a test.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like the thread title states went in to get tested and it was positive.   Just achy all over at this time and a fever at night.  No shortness of breath.  I can still smell and taste.  Have on so many

Just started my BAM infusion. They say 3 hours.   I told them I was a FBG so more like two hours.  

My first headache began Feb 2nd. I have run through a gamut of various symptoms.  Today I finally landed in the hospital - COVID pneumonia.  This has not been a fun journey.

26 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

If it's only been a day or two, you need to re-test in a couple of days.  It takes time for a virus to build up and show up in a test.

I assume he'll retest. But their babysitter was four days prior to their test.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, ex-ghost said:

Just got a test today. Last two days I've had a sore throat, headache and general malaise. I don't think I have it, but am being overly cautious. Crossing my fingers.

I hope it was consensual :oldunsure: ... @General Malaise

Also hope you feel better.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 3
On 1/21/2021 at 1:38 PM, yak651 said:

Guess I wasn't as careful as i thought...Tuesday night started a slight cough and headache.  Wednesday I was down for the count, chills and body aches and head ache.  Had mild fever at 101.  Today better, temp down to 100.  Will probably get another test to see if covid or just a cold.  This was almost exactly 2 weeks after my wife's symptoms.

On Sunday they called with my results.  Positive.  In Quarantine until this coming Saturday.  Overall feeling pretty good, just a little fatigued.  Thankfully the wife and I seemed to have gotten by with mild cases.  I never loss my sense of smell or taste, she did but has regained it.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

I've been 100% for the last 2 weeks physically. Taste and smell seems to be improving by about 10 to 20% per week. Thanks for asking.

It's weird. My taste/smell came back...boom...one day it was back. My wife's was much more gradual but seems to be mostly back now.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

wow ...the tasting stuff sucks ...losing any weight?

I actually gained weight. I did not lose my appetite at all and ended up eating my way through covid recovery. 

• Sad 1
18 minutes ago, urbanhack said:
43 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

wow ...the tasting stuff sucks ...losing any weight?

I actually gained weight. I did not lose my appetite at all and ended up eating my way through covid recovery. 

If finally be able to eat my wife's cooking.

Take my wife, please. [\HennyYoumgman]

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
2 hours ago, Sea Duck said:

Any updates, @SHIZNITTTT and @urbanhack ?

Seems like I have most of my energy back 80%.   Still get winded at times with exertion which I didn't have an issue with

before Covid.  Now I have something that a few of my colleagues have reported dry skin that is itchy as F.   Treating dry skin with just some lotion my wife has so now I smell like lemons or mulberry's or some other ####. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jamny said:

It's weird. My taste/smell came back...boom...one day it was back. My wife's was much more gradual but seems to be mostly back now.

I didn't really lose mine, per se, but things seemed to have almost an ammonia smell to them.

Edited by Sideshow Bob
1 minute ago, Sideshow Bob said:

I didn't really lose mine, per se, but things seemed to have almost an ammonia smell to them.

That's worse!

I did have a bit of a smoke/cigarette taste and smell briefly but it was really mild.

1 hour ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Seems like I have most of my energy back 80%.   Still get winded at times with exertion which I didn't have an issue with

before Covid.  Now I have something that a few of my colleagues have reported dry skin that is itchy as F.   Treating dry skin with just some lotion my wife has so now I smell like lemons or mulberry's or some other ####. 

Woah, that's interesting. I've noticed my ankles have been really itchy the past few days. Not sure if it's related but I didn't even think it might be.

3 hours ago, urbanhack said:

If you couldn't taste, you should have been eating all that gross healthy stuff you'd normally never be able to stomach. Brussel sprouts and stuff like that. That's my plan.

2 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

If you couldn't taste, you should have been eating all that gross healthy stuff you'd normally never be able to stomach. Brussel sprouts and stuff like that. That's my plan.

Then you can play the wind section of the orchestra.

3 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

What's wrong with you? Brussels sprouts are awesome. 

• Like 3

Well finally back to normal.  No more itchy skin.   Just waiting for the final word on the vaccine.  Heard today that scientist and doctors are thinking people who have had covid may only need one shot of the vaccine.   

• Like 4
  • Love 4

I am eligible to receive the vaccine the week of Feb 15th.  I didn't make it. :cry:

My son started showing symptoms this past weekend, my wife Monday, and me Tuesday night.  My son has tested positive.  My wife and I each took home test, the rapid 15 minute version.  They were negative for both of us, but we are sick.  Had to be false negatives.  

Headache, fever, cough, achy chest...

• Sad 8
7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I am eligible to receive the vaccine the week of Feb 15th.  I didn't make it. :cry:

My son started showing symptoms this past weekend, my wife Monday, and me Tuesday night.  My son has tested positive.  My wife and I each took home test, the rapid 15 minute version.  They were negative for both of us, but we are sick.  Had to be false negatives.  

Good luck, man. Load up on vitamin D. Drink lots of water. Watch your symptoms

1 hour ago, jamny said:

Good luck, man. Load up on vitamin D. Drink lots of water. Watch your symptoms

Just pointing out there's no evidence for Vitamin D in treatment for Covid. Its been discussed as a prevention therapy but that doesn't have evidence either. So, no reason to "load up".

1 hour ago, gianmarco said:

Just pointing out there's no evidence for Vitamin D in treatment for Covid. Its been discussed as a prevention therapy but that doesn't have evidence either. So, no reason to "load up".

I had heard there seems to be a correlation to Vit D deficiency and more susceptible to getting Covid. I haven't heard anything that increasing Vit D beyond normal levels helps prevent or helps treat it.  20 min of sun daily will usually get your Vit D fix, but harder to do in the winter depending on your location.

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

When the taste and smell senses go away, you will not have any doubt.  Get lots of rest.  Good luck.  

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

Sounds like you got nature's vaccine. Good luck.

12 hours ago, gianmarco said:

Well, I obviously thought he would look into it to decide what load up means but I guess I could have worded it better. I usually take 2000iu a day but upped it to 5000 while I had covid. I read that some hospitals immediately pump you with like 20,000 to 40,000IU a day when you are admitted so I felt safe going a little higher on my dosage. The 2000iu was prescribed by a doctor because I am deficient in Vitamin D.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

When the taste and smell senses go away, you will not have any doubt.  Get lots of rest.  Good luck.  

Son and wife confirmed positive.  I went for a lab test today to make it official, but I am pretty certain of the result.  None of us has lost taste or smell

On 2/5/2021 at 6:23 AM, jamny said:

Well, I obviously thought he would look into it to decide what load up means but I guess I could have worded it better. I usually take 2000iu a day but upped it to 5000 while I had covid. I read that some hospitals immediately pump you with like 20,000 to 40,000IU a day when you are admitted so I felt safe going a little higher on my dosage. The 2000iu was prescribed by a doctor because I am deficient in Vitamin D.

The lack of evidence thing about it is also misleading.  The reason there is a lack of evidence is because they haven't had the time to test the full effects of vitamin D versus covid in a truly isolated fashion yet.   So while some can say "its not proven"--one can easily say "it's not unproven", and something that has been proven is that the vast majority of people that have been hospitalized with severe covid or have passed from covid in a hospital are vitamin D deficient.   

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

The lack of evidence thing about it is also misleading.  The reason there is a lack of evidence is because they haven't had the time to test the full effects of vitamin D versus covid in a truly isolated fashion yet.   So while some can say "its not proven"--one can easily say "it's not unproven", and something that has been proven is that the vast majority of people that have been hospitalized with severe covid or have passed from covid in a hospital are vitamin D deficient.   

Is there a correlation between the elderly and Vitamin D deficiency?

7 minutes ago, jobarules said:

Is there a correlation between the elderly and Vitamin D deficiency?

No idea--but the causation/correlation between covid and vitamin D goes past just age/elderly.  The vitamin D deficiency for people hospitalized from covid is something like 94-96%.   While many of the people that are hospitalized with covid are elderly--they don't represent 95% of the hospitalized.  I'm not encouraging people to blindly take vitamin D--everybody needs to be responsible for their own health and get tested to know their levels.  All I'm saying that the notion that it "hasn't been proved" is incomplete.  It hasn't been proved or disproved because it hasn't been fully tested or studied yet.  

Question for those of you that lost taste/smell with Covid.  Did you completely lose it?

I feel like I just have a mild allergy symptoms with some congestion.  However, I have a weird taste in my mouth.  Almost like metal taste but also like blood.  I have some taste and I can still smell to some extent, but both are definitely muted.  Throat is also a little sore but I think it's just the congestion/drainage.  These symptoms are new to me and I've been battling allergies/congestion all my life. 

FWIW, the doc at the urgent care yesterday didn't seem worried about anything he saw in my mouth/throat yesterday and went straight to the rapid Covid test.  The rapid test came back negative yesterday, and I just got the PCR test done this morning that takes 48-72 hours.  

4 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Question for those of you that lost taste/smell with Covid.  Did you completely lose it?

I feel like I just have a mild allergy symptoms with some congestion.  However, I have a weird taste in my mouth.  Almost like metal taste but also like blood.  I have some taste and I can still smell to some extent, but both are definitely muted.  Throat is also a little sore but I think it's just the congestion/drainage.  These symptoms are new to me and I've been battling allergies/congestion all my life. 

FWIW, the doc at the urgent care yesterday didn't seem worried about anything he saw in my mouth/throat yesterday and went straight to the rapid Covid test.  The rapid test came back negative yesterday, and I just got the PCR test done this morning that takes 48-72 hours.  

Completely lost both taste and smell but a day or two before that, I noticed a cigarette-like smoky taste in my mouth. It gradually came back over the following week. I would test each morning by smelling things around the house...lol. Toothpaste, coffee, orange juice, spices.

• Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

I haven't had it (that I know of), but a friend described the same thing as you describe. Metallic taste and deadened smell/taste.  Oddly enough, she had the same metallic taste almost immediately upon getting vaccine dose 1 a few weeks ago. Then smell/taste (which had essentially returned to normal since her Oct/Nov infection window) went in and out for about 24 hours or so after the vaccination. 

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Smell was completely gone for me.  Taste was very muted, but could still taste things.  Kept adding salt initially because I couldn't taste any salt.  With smell, I eventually held noxious things like vinegar or bleach directly under my nose and had no idea it was there.

It took about 3-4 weeks to return.  But even then, it was only like 80-90% of what it was.  I used to have a pretty keen sense of smell and taste.  I think it's only now back to normal over the last couple months.  I had it almost a year ago in March. 

Of note, I had absolutely no congestion when I had those symptoms (which were the only symptoms I had).  In fact, my airways felt more open than they ever did.  It was a strange feeling for a few days.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks for the smell/taste details, based on these details it's not looking good for me on the Covid front. 

I actually feel a little worse today, but that could be attributed to a Super Bowl hangover also.  

1 hour ago, Poke_4_Life said:

Taste and smell were totally gone at around day 5 of having Covid.   It was gone for a couple of weeks and then came back slowly over a couple of weeks.  Wife had the same experience, except her senses of taste and smell came back a little quicker.  

6 hours ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

No idea--but the causation/correlation between covid and vitamin D goes past just age/elderly.  The vitamin D deficiency for people hospitalized from covid is something like 94-96%.   While many of the people that are hospitalized with covid are elderly--they don't represent 95% of the hospitalized.  I'm not encouraging people to blindly take vitamin D--everybody needs to be responsible for their own health and get tested to know their levels.  All I'm saying that the notion that it "hasn't been proved" is incomplete.  It hasn't been proved or disproved because it hasn't been fully tested or studied yet.  

Do you have a source for this?

19 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

Do you have a source for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBSfIckPV44

She goes through some of the percentages in there.  Studies in Spain show that their percentage of vitamin D deficiency relative to more severe cases of covid is 80%+.   Even our own CDC has finally put vitamin D on their website in regards to covid.  They do mention exactly what I mentioned--while it hasn't been proven that vitamin d prevents or treats covid---but it hasn't been unproven yet--and studies are being done. 

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/adjunctive-therapy/vitamin-d/

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBSfIckPV44

She goes through some of the percentages in there.  Studies in Spain show that their percentage of vitamin D deficiency relative to more severe cases of covid is 80%+.   Even our own CDC has finally put vitamin D on their website in regards to covid.  They do mention exactly what I mentioned--while it hasn't been proven that vitamin d prevents or treats covid---but it hasn't been unproven yet--and studies are being done. 

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/adjunctive-therapy/vitamin-d/

The Lancet has a recent article on this.

10 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

I could taste Salt really strongly in foods.  My family said that the food was not over salted but it sure seemed like it to me.   ?

That's what happened to my wife. 

• Thinking 1
12 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

I could taste Salt really strongly in foods.  My family said that the food was not over salted but it sure seemed like it to me.   ?

I have salt/metal/blood taste in my mouth constantly.  Food isn't as bad, because I feel like barely taste actual food.  It is so weird.  

Yesterday I had mostly spicy stuff, just so I could experience some flavor.  Now I'm paying for it today.  Oh well.

• Laughing 1