What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Woz family complete - adopted two kids today (for a total of four) (1 Viewer)

Zow

Footballguy
I've chronicled a bit on here my wife's and my rollercoaster ride of trying to have kids. From improbably unlucky bouts with IVF to fostering children (see the "trouble getting pregnant" thread)  and having the state clear us for adoption only to essentially tell us "just kidding" a short while later (chronicled mostly here in this thread: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/759463-preparing-fordealing-with-the-loss-of-a-child/page/5/#comments ) it's been a ride. That ride ended today with us adopting two chidren (including the little boy we had from his birth until two when the state moved him back to his bio mom for a period of until February of just this year). We now have 4. Our youngest is 3 years old and two in the middle who are 5 (but not twins) and the oldest, who we adopted today, turned 6 two days again. 

Not how we drew it up and we will have no more. But very pleased to say the journey is over. Now just comes the easy part of having zero free time and working really hard to spend the hundreds of thousands of dollars necessary to raise them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!  I can’t imagine the roller coaster of emotions you’ve gone through,  but good on you and your wife.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
My father was adopted at the age of a couple weeks old.  Can’t say enough how much it changed his life.  Innumerable thanks to you and your wife - what you are doing is incredible and brings tears to my eyes.

• Smile
Congratulations!! That sounds amazing!!

Clown Car scoffs at your family size.

Great job, Wozzes!  This is a beautiful story with such a happy ending.  Excited for you guys, all of you!
I was thinking woz has helped her  develop a new idea for continuing her own family's exponential growth; Clown car's eureka moment to hit triple digits.

I've followed the ride in all the threads and have felt the anticipation and heart-ache woz has so honestly conveyed. I'm very excited and happy for woz to have made it to the first of many new finish lines, with the anticipation and heartache of that particular journey behind him.

You've grown into an amazing guy, woz- I can't wish you enough happiness on this next step of the journey and all that follow.

• Smile
Congrats Woz. Nice to see good things happen to good people...especially at the end of a crappy year like this.

• Smile
Congratulations, Woz!  Kudos to you and your wife for sticking through it all and for giving these kids a loving home to grow up in.  Your exploits and stories over the decades (!) here have always been entertaining, and you seem like a good dude.  Happy for you and your family.  

• Smile
Congratulations Woz. That's awesome. Sounds like you have a great family.

But ... four kids under 6? Holy moly. I hope you have a lot of energy.

• Smile
“Your Christmas present is we are adopting you!”

And daddy is getting a new set of golf clubs.
Hahaha I wish. 

The past five days was murderer’s row for my bank account. Christmas for four kids, our oldest’s birthday on 12/26, then the adoption yesterday (suppose silver lining is that the zoom party/celebration wasn’t the financial expense of the prior catered celebrations we threw in the past - thanks covid?).  

Also, as I learned from the past adoptions, the equivalent of a “push gift” is expected for my wife. So she got a fancy sparkling rock to wear around her neck as a “thanks for being the one to actually do the harder work and primarily raise these four kids as I just work a million hours to pay for them” as a combo Christmas, push, thanks for putting up for me gift...

and to even out the very nice golf clubs I recently bought myself. :bag:  

Hahaha I wish. 

The past five days was murderer’s row for my bank account. Christmas for four kids, our oldest’s birthday on 12/26, then the adoption yesterday (suppose silver lining is that the zoom party/celebration wasn’t the financial expense of the prior catered celebrations we threw in the past - thanks covid?).  

Also, as I learned from the past adoptions, the equivalent of a “push gift” is expected for my wife. So she got a fancy sparkling rock to wear around her neck as a “thanks for being the one to actually do the harder work and primarily raise these four kids as I just work a million hours to pay for them” as a combo Christmas, push, thanks for putting up for me gift...

and to even out the very nice golf clubs I recently bought myself. :bag:  

Wouldn’t it have been cheaper to just keep her on your cell plan?

Awesome news. Congrats!

• Laughing
Bravo and congrats. Happy days ahead (with "happy" sometimes stepping aside in favor of exhausting, bewildering, frustrating and rewarding).

All best to you and the whole expanded clan. :)

• Smile

Users who are viewing this thread