What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Are The Posters Here You Listen To Most? (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
I've long said Footballguys Subscribers are some of the most knowledgeable fantasy football players you'll find anywhere. 

I'd like to give them some due. 

List a poster here you pay attention to for fantasy football advice. Not for fun or silly stuff or hot takes. But people that you value their opinion on fantasy football. You don't have to always agree with them. But you pay attention and like their posting. 

1. Please list the poster and why you think they're great. 

2. If you agree with a post that names a poster you like, please "vote" by hitting the smilie "like" emoji.

Please be cool to each other and don't turn this into something than a way to give credit to good posters. Thanks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Faust is the first one for me.  He links a lot of good info, enough to make this a one stop fantasy football hotspot when combined with the opinions of the regulars here.
Agreed. He's great. 

Who else do you folks like? 

Surely there are posters we listen to here.

I'll throw a kudos to @Gally and @travdogg - always appreciated their inputs throughout the SP but especially in the AC forum - I think those two do a consistently great job at replying to the majority of "Who should I flex?" and "What about this trade?" type questions.  They help a ton of folks over there. 

Always appreciate @Ministry of Pain contributions as well - the RB analyses especially

I just want to thank guys that put a lot of work into dynasty and rookie rankings and give them their due. EBF, ZWK, and others put a lot of work into their stuff and are constantly thinking about things and producing content. This isn't really to single anybody out, but I think these guys are in the front of my mind as guys that (at least once upon a time, like Xue) contributed regularly to dynasty and rookie threads in the specific sense that they took a ton of broad-based information and winnowed it down for us laymen. Zyphros now also especially contributes in this sense, as does barackdhouse. Really, everybody willing to think a little bit and reflect on what makes a good dynasty player is someone I read. I especially appreciate the comments from everybody in this regard. 

The growth of the industry means there is a glut of redraft material, and often really in-depth, so I'll keep the focus away from that. 

Thanks to Faust, as always, for the aggregation and dissemination of articles in context and under proper subject matter. 

Mainly guys whose idp takes I appreciate and respect... @Tick @Hankmoody @Gally @Joe Steeler @Flying Elvis @MAC_32 @RushHour to name but a few
I'll second this. Anybody who helped out with the Rock Action Newbie IDP thread should know how much I appreciated and listened their input over the year. These guys have ALL influenced my thinking massively, from picks to roster construction and from specifics about players to basic generalities that can be gleaned from their years of experience. Thanks again to all these guys for contributing. Even throwing a like another poster's way is a way of getting information, and when they'd like a post from another poster, it helped solidify it in my mind as something to listen to. 

I listen to everybody.

A guy is on his 5th post here brings up a interesting idea about Rashaad Penny possibly being the starting RB for the Sehawks next year.

Its more about what is being said than who is saying it.

My fist thought was to bring up @Concept Coop who made a nice call on a buy signal for Cam Akers which I thought was perfect timing. Those actionable ideas are perhaps what is most useful.

Some times its about what the topic is. If we are talking about the Titans of course I am going to listen to @Bri and the same goes for every team. Some posters I know know more than I do about these teams and their insights are invaluable to me.

As for posters who I wish would post more. I miss @SameSongNDance threads although I understand why he stopped posting them. 

Whatever happened to David Yudkin? Did he move on from fantasy football? I used to look forward to his posts and insight. 

The Show said:
Whatever happened to David Yudkin? Did he move on from fantasy football? I used to look forward to his posts and insight. 
@Anarchy99 is still around. He would be an example of a Patriots expert. He knew Nick Folk would be their kicker before most people did for example. @Boston knows them very good as well. 

There are posters like this for almost every team. @Just Win Baby knows more about the Chargers than I would ever care to for example.

drewd_21 said:
Mainly guys whose idp takes I appreciate and respect... @Tick @Hankmoody @Gally @Joe Steeler @Flying Elvis @MAC_32 @RushHour to name but a few

runner06 said:
In addition to Faust who posts a lot of useful links in the correct threads, I think these two guys do a good job.

1. @EBF

His annual Dynasty rookie rankings is my favorite thread posted each year.

2. @ZWK

He seems to put a lot of effort into his ongoing dynasty rankings thread.

Just Win Baby said:
@bostonfred

Just Win Baby said:
All guys I will perk up and pay attention to when I happen across their posts. Thanks gentlemen!

I will say there is one poster I am so happy is no longer around. There is nothing more frustrating than having to shift through an argument going in circles when you're trying to get some good intel. Thank all you gentlemen for your civil and knowledgeable posts! I'm sure I missed many and apologize for that.

Many great calls here...overall it's the guys who know their stuff but also don't dig their heels in and have the I am always right attitude...the best posters/fantasy players know every situation has an upside and a downside and while they may feel strongly about something they are open to what can go wrong with their analysis. 

rockaction said:
I just want to thank guys that put a lot of work into dynasty and rookie rankings and give them their due. EBF, ZWK, and others put a lot of work into their stuff and are constantly thinking about things and producing content. This isn't really to single anybody out, but I think these guys are in the front of my mind as guys that (at least once upon a time, like Xue) contributed regularly to dynasty and rookie threads in the specific sense that they took a ton of broad-based information and winnowed it down for us laymen. Zyphros now also especially contributes in this sense, as does barackdhouse. Really, everybody willing to think a little bit and reflect on what makes a good dynasty player is someone I read. I especially appreciate the comments from everybody in this regard. 

The growth of the industry means there is a glut of redraft material, and often really in-depth, so I'll keep the focus away from that. 

Thanks to Faust, as always, for the aggregation and dissemination of articles in context and under proper subject matter. 
Great post but I'd add Bramel for IDP, only guy I really listen to. Doesn't do as much content as he used to but it's always great.

The Show said:
Pretty sure he posts under a different name. Many of the writers do not post as their real names as much any more. I haven't seen Jason Wood for a long time around here. 

I think most of the folks who posted this year did it with a lot of respect for others and also the folks who run things here. 

@The_Man for most Ravens things, @IvanKaramazov and @GroveDiesel and @Steve Tasker all keep me up to date on Buffalo amongst others. 

All my Phins including but not limited to @SwampDawg @SoBeDad @TripleThreat @Man In The Box and there's a bunch more than I can list for Miami. 

Anyone who starts a thread and makes it last on Page 1 for a couple days usually has my attention for a while. I enjoy posting in the Shark Pool with most, just gets a little dicey when people get a little too attached to their team but this year it hasn't been like that. Most folks come here for an escape and I think many people found a renewal with this place in 2020. Usually big events get crowds to gather here where it's fairly safe. 

Great job in 2020 @Joe Bryant and all the FBG staff. 

@bostonfred @krista4 @fred_1_15301 @kevzilla @DocHolliday @Otis. and a whole bunch more folks I'm not mentioning

These aren't Shark Pool nods as much as they are folks who have helped me get to a new place in my health journey. I have a long way still to go but I lost a big chunk of weight and my overall life is much improved if I am being honest. It's hard to measure what connecting in the health thread they created but it works wonderful for me. There's accountability but at the same time everyone picks each other up. It forced me to change how I write and approach folks and it has allowed to not be as narcissistic in my walk thru life. 

I can never repay all these folks for allowing me to join them and putting preconceived vibes about me to the side. I still have a LOT of work to do, it's not just the scale but mental and spiritual health which are so vital as you travel thru life. 

Big health kick off on Jan 4th I believe by BostonFred and I hope you all will think about checking in and joining or contributing.

Cheers Everyone!   

Leroy Hoard said:
Faust is the first one for me.  He links a lot of good info, enough to make this a one stop fantasy football hotspot when combined with the opinions of the regulars here.

Fear The Turtle said:
@Bri for Titans' info and takes.

rockaction said:

appreciate it ^^

runner06 said:
In addition to Faust who posts a lot of useful links in the correct threads, I think these two guys do a good job.

1. @EBF

His annual Dynasty rookie rankings is my favorite thread posted each year.

2. @ZWK

He seems to put a lot of effort into his ongoing dynasty rankings thread.
I was going to say @Zyphros and @menobrown along with a lot of seconds on names already mentioned. I'd also add that there some posters whose perspectives I completely 100% disagree with at times but I consider them valuable contributors anyway and enjoy their flavor. To know your competition is to know your competition. This board is a microcosm of the FF landscape in terms of the kinds of opinions ands takes that we encounter in our own leagues. 

I don't follow college football much at all, so there is no question that I *use* the wealth of knowledge and skills that are being applied in these forums in these analyses and scouting profiles, etc. My fantasy results have blossomed and exploded since playing dynasty (circa 2013 - my first dynasty was with @Dan Hindery whose trade value chart is nothing less than great, regardless of whether I agree with value X, Y or Z). It is because of posters like these that I feel like I can say I have made more good calls than bad with rookie picks in particular.  I'll pat my own back for my trading and roster management strategies but college scouting is not my thing other than to say I think I'm good at synthesizing information I glean from these boards and elsewhere in order to make my own decisions on rookies. 

Not that rookies are the only topic worth getting into around here. I very much appreciate insights into specific team situations for example. Bri and Meno come to mind for me. There used to be a time I was plugged into what the Bears were doing but they suck so what is there to know? Anyway, happy new year, be safe and thanks to everyone on here.

I appreciate the mention on here from a few people. I just love talking a few topics inside the “dynasty” canopy. There’s so much about it all and there’s so many great posters here. Thanks FBG for having this forum. 

There’s a bunch of people I pay attention to on here as well, honestly it’s just more about the topic though. The things that appeal to me the most is value discussion and where people fit in the landscape, along with rookie evaluations. So anyone that puts out a valuable question in those areas gets my attention. That’s a big reason why I enjoy the off-season more than in-season management and why I post more during those times. I’m more of a lurker during the season (all these red rafters flood the forum and I just don’t care enough to sift through it ha). 

The guys I notice more when they post are probably these @Biabreakable, @ZWK, @EBF, @Faust, and a few others I simply can’t think of right now. 

Yeah...Im not always sure I remember the names as much as the avatars or recognizing the name when I see it.

Usually in game/team threads of people who are knowledgeable about their teams...and Faust for the avalanche of links and information.

That’s a big reason why I enjoy the off-season more than in-season management and why I post more during those times. I’m more of a lurker during the season (all these red rafters flood the forum and I just don’t care enough to sift through it ha). 

Yes I feel the same way. It's not so much that I enjoy the offseason around here more or less than during the season, it's just that it is such a job to manage my teams inseason that I tend to just lurk around here and not get into it as much. 

@Dr. Octopus @Hot Sauce Guy @BoltBacker @Soulfly3 I appreciate these folks takes as well. Lots of team specific expertise. 

lots of great names already listed. I won't tag Faust since he's on here a gazillion times and deservedly so, I read more of his posts more than any other, granted it's not his original work. love anyone and everyone who understands the difference between opinion and facts and that both are welcome at all times. kudos to the staff for creating this space, too.

special shout out to the philly crowd since I practically live in the Eagles thread, i'm sure i'll miss a few, @Insein, @The Noid with the phenomenal job on that thread title this year, @Deamon, @Bigboy10182000, @DJackson10 and his long rants, I read most of them.

@The Frankman has good insights on the Giants and in general all the good convo in the non-Sunday nightly game threads with all the regular posters in those threads make the game much more fun to watch. And I don't have to listen to the broadcasters if I'm able to watch near my laptop.

lots of great names already listed. I won't tag Faust since he's on here a gazillion times and deservedly so, I read more of his posts more than any other, granted it's not his original work. love anyone and everyone who understands the difference between opinion and facts and that both are welcome at all times. kudos to the staff for creating this space, too.

special shout out to the philly crowd since I practically live in the Eagles thread, i'm sure i'll miss a few, @Insein, @The Noid with the phenomenal job on that thread title this year, @Deamon, @Bigboy10182000, @DJackson10 and his long rants, I read most of them.

@The Frankman has good insights on the Giants and in general all the good convo in the non-Sunday nightly game threads with all the regular posters in those threads make the game much more fun to watch. And I don't have to listen to the broadcasters if I'm able to watch near my laptop.
Didn't think many read them. Kept them a little shorter lately as a lot has been said already not needing to be repeated. 

Biabreakable said:
I listen to everybody.

A guy is on his 5th post here brings up a interesting idea about Rashaad Penny possibly being the starting RB for the Sehawks next year.

Its more about what is being said than who is saying it.

My fist thought was to bring up @Concept Coop who made a nice call on a buy signal for Cam Akers which I thought was perfect timing. Those actionable ideas are perhaps what is most useful.

Some times its about what the topic is. If we are talking about the Titans of course I am going to listen to @Bri and the same goes for every team. Some posters I know know more than I do about these teams and their insights are invaluable to me.

As for posters who I wish would post more. I miss @SameSongNDance threads although I understand why he stopped posting them. 
My reputation here will now hinge on Penny's success lol.

As others have already mentioned, my brain jumped to @EBF and @ZWK first and foremost for rookie analysis for dynasty leagues. 

The dynasty value discussion thread is littered with guys (and/or gals) whose opinions I respect - too many to list - but I do find I perk up a little when the poster is @Concept Coop, @Biabreakable, @FreeBaGeL, @Boston Fred, @Boston, @Dr. Octopus@Just Win Baby, @Zyphros, @Ministry of Pain, @rockaction, @barackdhouse, and many more I’m sure I’m neglecting to mention. 

Like @Biabreakable said, though, I’m not dismissing something out of hand just because I don’t know or recognize the poster. Interesting, well-reasoned commentary and analysis speaks for itself. 

Deamon said:
My favorite posters are probably @Ash, @renesauz, @fred_1_15301, @Cobbler1, @The Noid, @I-ROK

I try to read most of what these guys post.  Not always just for fantasy advise... but always knowledgeable, and most importantly, level-headed insight into the league and players.
Thanks - ditto to you.  You're one of the most knowledgeable Eagles fans on here but you also bring a lot to the table in the non-Eagles threads.

JFS171 said:
As others have already mentioned, my brain jumped to @EBF and @ZWK first and foremost for rookie analysis for dynasty leagues. 

The dynasty value discussion thread is littered with guys (and/or gals) whose opinions I respect - too many to list - but I do find I perk up a little when the poster is @Concept Coop, @Biabreakable, @FreeBaGeL, @Boston Fred, @Boston, @Dr. Octopus@Just Win Baby, @Zyphros, @Ministry of Pain, @rockaction, @barackdhouse, and many more I’m sure I’m neglecting to mention. 

Like @Biabreakable said, though, I’m not dismissing something out of hand just because I don’t know or recognize the poster. Interesting, well-reasoned commentary and analysis speaks for itself. 
I'm just going to say 'ditto' to this post -- thanks, JFS!

trader jake said:
@Doug Bwas easily the FBG of the year 2020. His knowledge, accurate information, and consistency were amazing.  As important, the tone of posts were spot on to keep conversations going where people felt heard and respected.  Major props to Doug B.
@Doug Bhas been one the most knowledgeable and classiest posters for years, both here and in the FFA.

I have three paid sites because I like to see how my competition is thinking.  This site had easily made me more money than the other ones.  The scoops in the Shark Pool trump anyone's arbitrary rankings.  The contributions of all are appreciated.  

Just coming in here to add a couple more guys I see they're in here lol

@Zyphros

@Deamon

@menobrown

@Milkman

I'm sure I missed more, 2020 I didn't venture into the Shark Pool much my heart wasn't in FF this year. I was barely going through the motions getting my lineups set each week. There were weeks I made no WW or FCFS moves. Some weeks I only got around to putting in claims on one or two teams. This was with a couple of home leagues that didn't happen this year so I had fewer leagues than normal to contend with. My first rookie draft I basically traded out of every pick because I had not done my usual homework. I quit reading @Joe Bryant daily emails because of his and his mods actions during this pandemic. I will never see Joe the same again. 

Everyone who posted in the Covid thread in the Free For All forum is my hero in 2020. My job brings me in contact with dozens of elderly weekly and a couple of hundred of the same elderly every month, month in and month out. The doctors, nurses, frontline workers and wonderful fantasy football researchers who turned their attention to covid facts all helped me to keep my people as safe as possible. I truly thank each and everyone one of them from the bottom of my heart. I lost many of them to covid, more than I will ever know, but I can rest easy knowing I spared no expense or inconvenience to keep them from this horrible disease. 

And if I get perma banned for this post, it's been a pleasure reading everyone's thoughts and opinions. Thank you to everyone who posts anywhere in these forums. May everyone have a better 2021 as we recover from the hangover 2020 has left us all with.

I quit reading @Joe Bryant daily emails because of his and his mods actions during this pandemic. I will never see Joe the same again. 
It was a bumpy ride in the forums in 2020 and I thought our people over all did a pretty good job. Sorry to hear you think this. 

For this thread, please keep this going for posters you listen to for Fantasy Football. Thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread