What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone with a Sleep Number Bed? (1 Viewer)

BeTheMatch

Footballguy
If there's a thread already, it didn't come up on search.

I'm getting old (almost 50 now), and we probably need a new bed. Sleep Number Beds sound great until you see the price. But, a lot of the features do sound really good. For me, if they really are noticeably better beds, it would be worth the high price. But I'm skeptical.

So, anyone with a Sleep Number Bed? If so, which model do you have? Like it? Love it? Regret it?

We're looking at either the p6 or i8 model (along with one of the flex-model bases) if we get one, so a fairly decent chunk of change. Just looking for some expertise from anyone with experience.

TIA

If there's a thread already, it didn't come up on search.

I'm getting old (almost 50 now), and we probably need a new bed. Sleep Number Beds sound great until you see the price. But, a lot of the features do sound really good. For me, if they really are noticeably better beds, it would be worth the high price. But I'm skeptical.

So, anyone with a Sleep Number Bed? If so, which model do you have? Like it? Love it? Regret it?

We're looking at either the p6 or i8 model (along with one of the flex-model bases) if we get one, so a fairly decent chunk of change. Just looking for some expertise from anyone with experience.

TIA
Got one a little over 10 years ago.  Regretted it.  That said, we got a king version and since they are adjustable beds, ours was the split twin version so you could raise either side independently.  That split in the middle was awful.  As for the bed itself, I found the utility of the bed adjustment wore out after a while and in fact the bed is uncomfortable on the edges as a result. 

We went back to our conventional mattress after a while and just liked it better.  Just recently got a new mattress that is a memory foam and it is the best bed I've slept on. 

I'm sure the technology has improved/changed since we got it, but I would never recommend it to anyone.

We love the Sleep Number beds. :thumbup:

We just bought a limited edition i8 King flexbase a month ago to replace one we bought 11 years ago.

I had back surgery many years ago so need a hard bed, whereas my wife loves her beds to be very soft. We wouldn't be able to sleep in the same bed if we didn't have a Sleep number..

My setting is either 65 -70 depending on the night, her setting is 35.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got one a little over 10 years ago.  Regretted it.  That said, we got a king version and since they are adjustable beds, ours was the split twin version so you could raise either side independently.  That split in the middle was awful.  As for the bed itself, I found the utility of the bed adjustment wore out after a while and in fact the bed is uncomfortable on the edges as a result. 

We went back to our conventional mattress after a while and just liked it better.  Just recently got a new mattress that is a memory foam and it is the best bed I've slept on. 

I'm sure the technology has improved/changed since we got it, but I would never recommend it to anyone.
Funny you mentioned the edge issue with your one from 10 years ago. My wife's side on the old one from 11 years ago had the issue.

We can tell already the new one has a lot better edge support and the flexible base is awesome!! :thumbup:

I am on my second one and love the bed. I bought one of the originals after years of a water bed. Had it for 15 years until the bed started falling apart(mattress cover zipper ripped apart in one corner) . Went to a memory foam bed and suffered with that for a year before going back to a new P6 sleep number. I have issues sleeping for more than 4 hours but this bed helps me sleep deeper. My number is 50. Did not buy the adjusting bases but would think about it later if I was to need to buy another. My other loves the heating mattress cover and raves that it is the best bed she as slept in. I would not place a lot into that, she used to sleep on a futon for 6 years... Also on the first sleep number bed, the air mattress part on one side started leaking after 1.5 years and the company sent us another. Also they had made shipping mistakes for additional items and fixed them immediately. Also over shipped a few things and told me to keep them

Don't know what the current models are like. Have had one for around 15 years or so. If I bought a regular spring mattress I probably would have replaced it at least once by now (I don't like sleeping in a gully). So, if comparing to a cheaper spring bed, the higher upfront cost can be more than recovered over time.

Matching a pillow to the firmness of the mattress and your body can really make a difference in comfort. I added a memory foam topper which also helps. Well, the firmness is adjustable, so there's that. FWIW -  If you and your partner are having the sechs, you'll usually want both sides equally firm.

Really lightweight and easy to transport. However, if you have one of those adjustable bases, you lose a lot of that benefit. If you're not getting the adjustable base, assembly is really easy, so don't pay them to do it.

FYI - when I bought mine, I was also selling them while between real jobs.

Bought one > 10 years ago. No issues,  and works well for both the wife and I (she sets her side to 55 and I use 35). Will be moving out of state next year and will likely pick up a new one when we move.

Had ours for maybe four or five years and I like it -- fiddling with the firmness until you get it just right can't be beat.  It was a nice change for me.  But it runs really warm since you tend to sleep deeper, so we added a memory/cooling foam pad under a pillow top.  That helped with the comfort too since we bought on the lower end of S# models. 

Wife is on the fence about it though.  Not sure she'd do it again, just because of the cost -- she doesn't see much gain for the money.

I have the i10 with adjustable base and headboard w/ surround.  Pricey, but I would buy again.  The adjustable base is a must IMO.  I have not had any issues for the 7+ years that I have owned one.

Had one for a few years. Didn't love it. Pass. Turns out sleeping on an air mattress just isn't that comfortable. Who knew?

Users who are viewing this thread