What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would You Rather? (Dynasty PPR WR Edition) (1 Viewer)

Terry McLaurin or Chris Godwin?

• Terry McLaurin

Votes: 54 59.3%
  • Chris Godwin

Votes: 37 40.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

socrates

Footballguy
Which PPR WR would you rather have on your dynasty team?  I thought it might be good to conduct an end-of-the-season price check.  Feel free to add your own.

Kenny Golladay or Will Fuller?

Jerry Jeudy or Brandon Aiyuk?

Laviska Shenault or Chase Claypool?

Curtis Samuel or Corey Davis?

Last edited by a moderator:
Which PPR WR would you rather have on your dynasty team?  I thought it might be good to conduct an end-of-the-season price check.  Feel free to add your own.

Kenny Golladay or Will Fuller? Fuller because if he re-signs with Houston he's with a top-flight quarterback cemented as their number one.

Jerry Jeudy or Brandon Aiyuk? Aiyuk because the kid is a true athlete and can run routes just well enough to get open constantly with that speed. Jeudy has lower body and drop issues.

Laviska Shenault or Chase Claypool? Chase Claypool, but if Trevor Lawrence is a Jaguar and Big Ben retires from the Steelers next year, things are a lot different then.

Terry McLaurin or Chris Godwin? I have both in my main league so I don't have to choose. :) I'd have a hard time with this one. I like Godwin a little bit more depending on where he goes.

Curtis Samuel or Corey Davis? Curtis Samuel because he's more versatile and just has more speed than Davis. Davis is an excellent complementary WR2 for teams, not an alpha.
Again, there's the opinion.

Good poll. I like these. Curtis Samuel or Corey Davis is a nice little inspired question. Two guys that could be had off of waiver wires basically are now under consideration as a WR2/WR3 type guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, there's the opinion.

Good poll. I like these. Curtis Samuel or Corey Davis is a nice little inspired question. Two guys that could be had off of waiver wires basically are now under consideration as a WR2/WR3 type guy.
Again, I mostly agree.  I selected each pair, however, because I rate them nearly equal.  I went Shenault over Claypool, mostly based on the anticipated addition of Trevor Lawrence and a question of who will take over (and when) for Big Ben.  I am excited to see what happens with Curtis Samuel.

Again, I mostly agree.  I selected each pair, however, because I rate them nearly equal.  I went Shenault over Claypool, mostly based on the anticipated addition of Trevor Lawrence and a question of who will take over (and when) for Big Ben.  I am excited to see what happens with Curtis Samuel.
I found both sets of questions rather equal, actually. The only one I felt really strongly about was the Jeudy/Aiyuk pairing, as I think both the performance and the points made in the other thread talking about Aiyuk's draft capital and role as the X in a Shanahan offense is too much to resist, even for a low passing volume offense like the 49ers. He feasted as a rookie, no less.

Jeudy had growing pains at best.

I found both sets of questions rather equal, actually. The only one I felt really strongly about was the Jeudy/Aiyuk pairing, as I think both the performance and the points made in the other thread talking about Aiyuk's draft capital and role as the X in a Shanahan offense is too much to resist, even for a low passing volume offense like the 49ers. He feasted as a rookie, no less.

That was the only easy answer for me too. And I wasn't an Aiyuk fan as a prospect. Although i wasn't in on Jeudy either. I found myself ranking him just low enough to never potentially get him without appearing overtly contrarian. 

And I wasn't an Aiyuk fan as a prospect. Although i wasn't in on Jeudy either. I found myself ranking him just low enough to never potentially get him without appearing overtly contrarian. 
Nor was I. I don't think I was a fan at all. But watching him play in the pros has been eye-opening. I was a bit contrarian on Jeudy and continue to be, but will try to not let it color any future assessments, much like with Aiyuk.

Somebody brought up in another thread that they'd actually be happier if Samuel stayed in Carolina the way Rhule uses him and I couldn't help but agree. He's schemed into their running game.

That was the only easy answer for me too. And I wasn't an Aiyuk fan as a prospect. Although i wasn't in on Jeudy either. I found myself ranking him just low enough to never potentially get him without appearing overtly contrarian. 
I had Jeudy ranked above Aiyuk in my rookie rankings, although I knew I had no shot at drafting him with my second-round pick.  I was targeting Aiyuk in the second, and I am happy to have added him, although he was the 5th WR on my board (and the 7th WR in our draft behind Lamb, Jeudy, Jefferson, Reagor, Ruggs and Higgins).  Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good!

I had Jeudy ranked above Aiyuk in my rookie rankings, although I knew I had no shot at drafting him with my second-round pick.  I was targeting Aiyuk in the second, and I am happy to have added him, although he was the 5th WR on my board (and the 7th WR in our draft behind Lamb, Jeudy, Jefferson, Reagor, Ruggs and Higgins).  Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good!
It is sometimes. But that you had him rated that highly shows you know something about what you're doing. If you hadn't prepared, you'd have no alternative.

He went seventh off of our board, too (Lamb, Ruggs, Jefferson, Pittman, Reagor, and Mims went before him). He actually went at 2.06 and before Higgins in ours.

Kenny Golladay or Will Fuller? This year was not the case but I think Golladay is more durable and offers more consistency in his game. Where both end up actually playing likely changes this answer.

Jerry Jeudy or Brandon Aiyuk?  I was higher on Juedy then any incoming rookie WR since Amari and I still think he's going to be good, really good. But thinking it and seeing it are different and from an athletic upside comp between the two it's not a competition. Aiyuk's athleticism is eye-opening, both of these WR's have to deal with shaky QB play and other players for targets but Aiyuk has an offensive genius dialing up plays and he showed some next level athletic ability so I got to to with him right now.

Laviska Shenault or Chase Claypool? Easiest one for me to answer despite the night and day long term QB outlook for each. Not remotely close to me and I get Trevor Lawrence helps but Laviska looks like a schemed up needy gadget type WR to me. I don't want to say a poor mans Deebo but I might be comfortable going with Deebo-lite.

Terry McLaurin or Chris Godwin? To much unknown with Godwin due to his FA status, Brady and Arians age should he be retained and if they also keep AB. McLaurin just seems like someone whose situation would be hard to be worse then what he's already dealt with and his arrow can only go up.

Curtis Samuel or Corey Davis? I don't know here, cop out to say it depends were both play next year but it's true. But you make you decide right now I'm going Corey. Curtis still seems a little gadgety type to me and those players make me more nervous when I don't know the coach or system they play so I'd opt for the more traditional type WR in Davis.

Same as Rock and Meno for me. Terry vs Godwin is the hardest one for me. Golladay and Fuller comes down to which one I think I can flip for more. Or find a buyer for. 

Fuller>>>Golladay, this is obviously dependent on landing spot. However, if Fuller stays in Houston, I don't see Golladay finding a better landing spot. 

Aiyuk>>>Jeudy, being tied to Shanahan is such an advantage. Jeudy had an ok rookie year, but its easy to see him playing 3rd fiddle behind Sutton and Fant. I don't see Aiyuk behind Deebo, who seems to need manufactured touches. 

Claypool>>>Sheanult, Claypool showed elite upside, and while his long term QB situation is sketchy, he seems like the type to elevate his QB. Frankly, Roethlisberger hasn't been a good QB this season anyway. Its possible his long term replacement is a better deep ball passer, and also favors Claypool more.I like Shenault, but I have the same concerns with him that I have with Deebo, or had with Percy Harvin a decade ago, where he's fun to watch, but his style keeps him from being a reliable fantasy option.

McLaurin>>>Godwin, I'm probably near the front of the McLaurin bandwagon. I think what we've seen his 1st 2 seasons is his floor. Its almost impossible his QB play doesn't get better, and there are so many plays where he was wide open downfield, and just missed, or not even seen. Get him even a C+ QB, and he's Calvin Ridley. Godwin is probably the better option in 2021, especially if he stays with Brady in Tampa, but that isn't a given. 

Davis>>>Samuel, I think Samuel might be another guy, who maybe projects as a better player to watch than to count on for fantasy. I think Davis is very underrated, and is a top-20 NFL WR, who simply doesn't have a great situation. I do think he was unlucky AJ Brown(an even more talented WR) showed up in town. Davis feels like a guy who is still improving and could blow up in his next home. I could see him leaving the Titans being a little like Amari Cooper leaving the Raiders.

Jefferson a good one too. Love those 1B WRs. Julio and Theilen draw the coverage while Ridley and Jefferson thrive. 
I think Metcalf and Hill will be closer next year than you think. Plus Hill has off field antics to never disregard. 
I think they're close, actually. My answer was just to distinguish between the two and why. Metcalf certainly has an argument going for him because of his age, and when he has those two years that Hill has had to develop, he might overtake Hill. That said, I'd take Hill right now, though it'd be really, really close.

Metcalf's body holding up is the one thing that concerns me a bit for some reason. I can't shake the arthroscopic surgery he needed on the knee at the beginning of last year and his collegiate injuries as anything but a possible potential indicator of future problems. Hill has no joint problems to speak of, only a clavicle so far.

Yes, Metcalf trumps Hill regarding behavioral issues. Something tells me that behavior is behind Hill and that the woman he was with was so bad that we'll never get the real story about whatever happened with anything, but I don't know enough to fully be apprised of the situation.

All in all, it's a good question. Just my two cents.

At this moment it's is 21 to 20 in favor of Aiyuk. When I posted it was 18 to 17 for Jeudy. 

I don't feel like it should even be close.
Jeudy was clearly the higher rated to begin the season.  He had a quiet season; the QB situation was awful, and coaching was not much better.  Jeudy will no doubt improve.  He is too talented and dedicated not to.  Still, Aiyuk looked impressive, and SF had its own QB problems.   I rate them very close, so it does not especially surprise me to see the poll so close.  It is not that Jeudy's stock has dropped much in dynasty, but Aiyuk's has risen.

Jeudy was clearly the higher rated to begin the season.  He had a quiet season; the QB situation was awful, and coaching was not much better.  Jeudy will no doubt improve.  He is too talented and dedicated not to.  Still, Aiyuk looked impressive, and SF had its own QB problems.   I rate them very close, so it does not especially surprise me to see the poll so close.  It is not that Jeudy's stock has dropped much in dynasty, but Aiyuk's has risen.
They were selected 10 picks apart. If Jeudy was a lot higher it was bias. This should not carry over after this season. They were in very similar situations with injuries and crappy quarterback play but Aiyuk was clearly the best player on his team and Jeudy was not. It should not be close.

Great topic starter by the way Socrates. Love the head to head matchup idea for discussion. Perfect timing too lol. All of us bored now that our seasons are done. 

Watching College highlights of Jeudy, he just didn't seem fast enough. He never ran away from the tacklers but ended up dancing to try and start stop around them. Still I would've drafted him. I think his game is more precision routes. Someone posted about Aiyuk, fitting SF mold of WR being built like RBs and they essentially have 9 RB on their team. I think Aiyuk stands out bc of better season and different play style. Isn't he more physical?  DEN QB position was worse than SF this year. Their run game helps. Maybe more talent.  Jeudy could have a long career perhaps. If he lacks that top gear but still knows how to get open and be reliable there's probably a job for him.

Great discussion btw.  Metcalf does have too many drops. I think Hill better right now. Different style. Regarding his body holding up. He's a man child. There's a video of him getting blindsided and doesn't flinch.DB crumbles.  

Great idea for a post...keep them coming...my take:

Fuller-both are free agents so very much subject to change...will do this assuming they both stay where they are which I think will happen...Fuller is turning into Watson's binky and his ability to blow up can win you weeks...feels like every reception can turn into a TD.

Aiyuk-this kid is a freak and I think he will be discussed in that DKM/AJB realm if he isn't already.

Claypool-Steelers recent rockiness has slowed him down a bit but he is a physical specimen and he has put up numbers as a rookie playing with juju, Johnson, Washington and Ebron which is pretty impressive...hopefully the Steelers start addressing their QB future but the sky's the limit, especially if Juju leaves.

McLaurin-tough one for me because there are a lot of unknowns between the two...if Godwin leaves it could change this but I like the stability Rivera has brought to the WFT and I have to assume they will be upgrading their QB position (that is basically my tie-breaker here, that assumption)...the fact McLaurin has accomplished what he has in this situation does not get enough credit...can't say I feel strongly about this though.

Davis/Samuel-gonna take the easy way out and say a tie...need to see where these two land before I decide, it's just too much of a factor in their value...while Samuel is exciting as hell Davis is about to have a 1,000 yard season on a run first team playing with AJ Brown...my gut says Davis's game is more geared towards fantasy football while Samuel's is to real football yet their landing spot will play such a big role as either could be signed with an opportunity to be the man or in a more complimentary role. 

Great topic(s); thanks for doing.  I am doing these mostly off the top of my head (not reading others thoughts yet); more gut than analysis at this point:

Tie on Goll/Fuller.  depends upon team make up.  Fuller for higher upside.  Golladay more steady.  both are FA so hard to say

Jeudy.  I am probably in the minority.  Aiyuk has skills; I sold low in season on Deebo because of Aiyuk.  I know both offenses have questions at QB and other wr's - just not sure I see how SF style supports Kittle, Deebo, Aiyuk, and the rb's..

Claypool.  Not close for me.

Damn the last one is tough; gun to head I take Godwin but would be happy with either.  Both of these should be studs going forward but obviously need some clarity (QB/team).

again, great idea for a thread...

rockaction said:
Metcalf vs. J. Jefferson? Was thinking about this one tonight.
Maybe I'm in the minority,but I don't think Jefferson is on that level yet. I want to see him face #1 coverage before I decide he's an elite wr. I actually think thielen is an interesting off-season buy low, as he will likely be more productive as jefferson sees more attention.

I have metcalf as wr3, and Jefferson is probably around wr10 or so.

I'd take tyreek over any wr.

-OZ- said:
Funny, I was going to add Metcalf vs AJ Brown. I think most would go Metcalf but it's close.

I'm taking Metcalf over JJ.

Hill for a short term but wouldn't trade Metcalf for him where I have him. 
Metcalf vs. AJ Brown is intriguing.  I love both of them and consider them both premiere talents.  Metcalf plays in the more fantasy-friendly offense (although Tennessee surprised me this season).  @rockaction mentioned above his durability concern about Metcalf, and I share that concern.  Even so, I would take Metcalf over Brown, but the gap is pretty minimal for me.

Kenny Golladay or Will Fuller?

Jerry Jeudy or Brandon Aiyuk?

Laviska Shenault or Chase Claypool?

Curtis Samuel or Corey Davis?
According to my gut.

Users who are viewing this thread