What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Penny Stocks Gambling 2021 (4 Viewers)

All my stuff is moving sideways lately.  I guess that's better than down.

A couple more I've got my eyes on are LLKKF and AMMJ.  

WDLF up ~60% 

Rumors that there will be some news soon announcing zero debt.

Very bullish chart pattern today as well.
:censored:   I knew I wanted to tail you on this.  That's what I get for trying to be "smart" with my money.

oh, and congrats.... keep on rollin"

Last edited by a moderator:
No. I actually thought it was going to dip at open and I had a limit order in to buy but it just shot straight up.

Edit - coming back down now. Was originally hoping to get in around the 0.013's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did jump in TSNP at 0.91 at the very end of the day yesterday. It's popping up again today.

How much higher can CBBT run? I'm freerolling but am wondering if I should just bank the profit 

How much higher can CBBT run? I'm freerolling but am wondering if I should just bank the profit 
Man, good question. I checked this morning and they still haven't sent out a press release about the merger being finalized. I think it has some room yet. 

OK, need some advice from strangers on the internets please.

My position in WDLF has gone up 120%. :flex:  My position in SFIO has gone up 40%. AITX up 40%.

At what point do I take out initial investments to freeroll? How do I determine if I should just run with it all :diamondhands: (if my position is small, for example)? Are there signs I can look for to tell if a significant gain is a pump'n'dump as opposed to a legit leap forward that can be sustained?

I really like WDLF long term so I'd like to just let it run, but I also like the idea of freerolling when possible. Just wondering if there are consistent thoughts around such things. Learning a lot here - hoping to learn more. TIA.

OK, need some advice from strangers on the internets please.

My position in WDLF has gone up 120%. :flex:  My position in SFIO has gone up 40%. AITX up 40%.

At what point do I take out initial investments to freeroll? How do I determine if I should just run with it all :diamondhands: (if my position is small, for example)? Are there signs I can look for to tell if a significant gain is a pump'n'dump as opposed to a legit leap forward that can be sustained?

I really like WDLF long term so I'd like to just let it run, but I also like the idea of freerolling when possible. Just wondering if there are consistent thoughts around such things. Learning a lot here - hoping to learn more. TIA.
I usually buy in these pretty small - $300 or less. Once it doubles I usually take out my initial investment and maybe some profit. 

Now I'm rethinking. My $62 of CBBT is work about 2k right now.  :lol:
Perfect example - is there a point to pulling the $62 at this point? Is it a tragedy if you ultimately lose that original $62? If not, why not let it all roll? Unless the point is to take profits along the way in a stairstep fashion (just like you'd average your cost down by investing in more if the price goes down)?

I guess if I had a $62 >> $2k, i'd probably take some profit out. Not sure how much though.

Perfect example - is there a point to pulling the $62 at this point? Is it a tragedy if you ultimately lose that original $62? If not, why not let it all roll? Unless the point is to take profits along the way in a stairstep fashion (just like you'd average your cost down by investing in more if the price goes down)?

I guess if I had a $62 >> $2k, i'd probably take some profit out. Not sure how much though.
Yeah, this is what I struggle with. I'm freerolling at this point. So I've taken some profits out and invested in some other stuff that is doing well.

If I take say half of that profit now, I'm paying more taxes on it. So I never really know what to do. I'm pretty new at this stuff.  For this one, I think it has still more room to run, so I'll probably hold it.

But it's damn tempting to take $1000 and even with the tax hit create more opportunities. 

I think when to take profits really depends on the stock and how you feel about its long term prospects.

I know there are chart gurus that can tell you when its about to start a retracement or "healthy dip" and maybe you try to time that and sell for profits at the top and buy back in on the dip, but that is tough to get right.  I know I have rarely done it correctly.

In a perfect scenario, I am selling 100% of my shares when I think its at the top, and then buying that same amount, or more, on the dip.  I never feel comfortable with that, but I have been able to sell 25-50% at a peak, or near a peak, and then buy back in after it dips down.  I have also sold 25-50% at what I thought was a peak and watched it keep riding up.

We've said it before, but it really comes down to how pissed you will be if you sell and it rides another 1000% vs how pissed you would be if it dipped back down 50% and you were either forced to hold and wait, or sell at a discount. 

Currently I free roll 

5252K DPLS across two different accounts  (with 2K profits)

100K AITX   (with 4K profits taken)

1Million HCMC  (with 1200 profits)

Sold out of PLYZ and ASTI

Holding a stake in UNVC, ALYI, GTEH, and XMET.   I could free roll all of these except ALYI, but I like the long term prospects.

I think when to take profits really depends on the stock and how you feel about its long term prospects.

I know there are chart gurus that can tell you when its about to start a retracement or "healthy dip" and maybe you try to time that and sell for profits at the top and buy back in on the dip, but that is tough to get right.  I know I have rarely done it correctly.

In a perfect scenario, I am selling 100% of my shares when I think its at the top, and then buying that same amount, or more, on the dip.  I never feel comfortable with that, but I have been able to sell 25-50% at a peak, or near a peak, and then buy back in after it dips down.  I have also sold 25-50% at what I thought was a peak and watched it keep riding up.

We've said it before, but it really comes down to how pissed you will be if you sell and it rides another 1000% vs how pissed you would be if it dipped back down 50% and you were either forced to hold and wait, or sell at a discount. 

Currently I free roll 

5252K DPLS across two different accounts  (with 2K profits)

100K AITX   (with 4K profits taken)

1Million HCMC  (with 1200 profits)

Sold out of PLYZ and ASTI

Holding a stake in UNVC, ALYI, GTEH, and XMET.   I could free roll all of these except ALYI, but I like the long term prospects.
I like to get out at a perceived high so I have the cash free.  The pennies are volatile so I hate having funds tied up when they drop. Particularly if I have to average down because I got in too high (I'm looking at you AITX!).

I like to get out at a perceived high so I have the cash free.  The pennies are volatile so I hate having funds tied up when they drop. Particularly if I have to average down because I got in too high (I'm looking at you AITX!).
I think this is a good point.

Do you guys think it matters what you plan to do with the money when you sell off?  Are you putting it right back on another penny stock, or putting it in a more "stable" investment?

I feel like the goal of penny stocks is to really look for the homerun, and the more of them you can get into a freeroll situation the better chance of scoring on it.  I am not sure what the realistic price target or time frame is for the ones I am freerolling, but I do have an overall plan, so if I can get to that, I will reassess. 

I think this is a good point.

Do you guys think it matters what you plan to do with the money when you sell off?  Are you putting it right back on another penny stock, or putting it in a more "stable" investment?

I feel like the goal of penny stocks is to really look for the homerun, and the more of them you can get into a freeroll situation the better chance of scoring on it.  I am not sure what the realistic price target or time frame is for the ones I am freerolling, but I do have an overall plan, so if I can get to that, I will reassess. 
I think it does matter what you want to do with the money. I’m gambling more than investing in the otc stocks. That said, some seem like real possibilities long term like ZOM. I’ll let those ride when I can. 

I usually buy in these pretty small - $300 or less. Once it doubles I usually take out my initial investment and maybe some profit. 
Always my plan too.  :hifive:

Of course let CYDY ride much longer but and like everyone here wish I would have put my entire net worth into it.

Users who are viewing this thread