What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Penny Stocks Gambling 2021 (2 Viewers)

Looking for stocks that still have room for a run.

$STWC

Strainwise Consulting

Weed consulting. They started with stores In Colorado (got one of the first licenses that was approved in CO) and are expanding to consulting for licenses in other states, both with and without branding on stores that come to fruition. Latest is a Puerto Rico arm.

Traded last week in the $0.003 to $0.0035 range. Popped up a little today and then fell back, but settled in with what looks like good support at the current range ($.0036-$.0038).

In for 400k shares.

edited to say: I think this one could be a longer time to pop. Wouldn't be surprised if it takes some time for some catalyst news.
I want my 2000% gain now

With so many pennies shooting up, how do we identify the opportunities? Anything down big that deserves a look? Looking for the next thing, not the one that feels too late.  

Took my initial stake out of wdlf today and free-rolling 25k shares. My first free roll. About to do the same with aitx and snpw. 

I've got two names that both more than doubled today (WDLF and DPLS) on free-rolls. Makes RLFTF, up only 21% on the day, look like a piker. Craziness.
Yeah, it's funny you mentioned that one. I wasn't even paying attention to that one and then saw a few minutes ago it popped.  Not sure what I'm going to do with that one.

I feel like I need to sell it and just be done with Covid stocks. I'll be able to make a few bucks to offset my CYDY mistake, which is why I got into that one in the first place. 

I see some exiting BTSC. Just profit-taking or any reason it is no longer desirable? It is my only crypto play and I like the market sector......

I see some exiting BTSC. Just profit-taking or any reason it is no longer desirable? It is my only crypto play and I like the market sector......
Just got to a point where I decided I had enough of a gain.  Since they are solely a mining operation, the company itself didn't hold enough value, IMO.  The stock price has closely followed the trends of the price of Bitcoin, and it's just not in my wheelhouse.

All of my penny trading has been in my IRA account so far. I have just been using a smaller percentage of my portfolio for more at-risk type stuff like this for fun. I will still make some trades there but will keep it mostly long term investments.

However, tomorrow I will start a separate non tax advantaged account.

I am going to start with $650. I will add $100 a month.

The goal will be to turn it into $65k, $15k for taxes and $50k for a Tesla. That amounts to doubling up ~6-7 times not including the additional $100 a month.

:blackdot:  either way, Tesla or (literal) bust.

All of my penny trading has been in my IRA account so far. I have just been using a smaller percentage of my portfolio for more at-risk type stuff like this for fun. I will still make some trades there but will keep it mostly long term investments.

The goal will be to turn it into $65k, $15k for taxes and $50k for a Tesla. That amounts to doubling up ~6-7 times not including the additional $100 a month.

What's your time frame? I like this plan.

Was happy selling 75% of my DPLS at 0.015 this morning for a nice tidy sum. Really went on a run today.

Real sharks trade within their Roth. No taxes? Yes, please. 
I actually just transferred a roth account over to my brokerage and am going to stop trading in my traditional IRA, move that all to long term investments, and convert my small roth to "upside" trading. :bag:  

Last edited by a moderator:

This will be fun to follow along...

Real sharks trade within their Roth. No taxes? Yes, please. 
Yep.  Roth was the bigger winner today for me. up 75%

Traditional was a paltry 16.5%

I made more in my roth than my traditional today despite starting the day one quarter of the value.  Again DPLS, GTEH

Love to tag along to learn and make cash

What is going on with DPLS?
Press release that they are opening a manufacturing plant in Tempe.  Bullish.  You don't build a manufacturing plant without a pretty damn sure bet you are going to be selling the product.  

Rumor is government contracts for the technology.

Still a good buy, IMO.

DOGE-COIN

I know nothing but Son and I are doing a post Bucs Bonanza and Elon Musk can't stop talking about this stuff...just threw a very small amount in it to gamble with my son and that's all I think most of this, gambling, StocKings, TradeDuel, whatever. 

Bouncing between 7 and 8 cents today, Feb 3rd this puppy was 3 cents...next 2-3 months we project 50 Cents 😂

Yeah right, don't listen to us, still drunk from the SUPER BOWL

Press release that they are opening a manufacturing plant in Tempe.  Bullish.  You don't build a manufacturing plant without a pretty damn sure bet you are going to be selling the product.  

Still a good buy, IMO.
Up 4,257% since I bought in.  

Still a good buy, IMO.
I'm going to freeroll with what I have left, but man, what a bad time to sell most of what I had. On to the next one.

Ended up tripping a stop loss out of WDLF. Made big gains overall. Will watch the rest of the day and potentially look for another opportunity to buy in, as I think there is still some room here.

Ended up tripping a stop loss out of WDLF. Made big gains overall. Will watch the rest of the day and potentially look for another opportunity to buy in, as I think there is still some room here.
So a question I was meaning to ask yesterday but forgot. 

So where do you set your stop losses? Do you base it off a percentage - like if this goes down 10% I need to sell? Or a set number? Just a feel?

I've not done it but feel I should with some of these pennies. 

Still holding 200K shares of this.  Doubled up so far, but what is your timeframe? 
I sold out last week.  I didn't like the direction it was going.  Mostly, I just wanted to take the gains on something and move it to another play.  It has worked out so far, putting it into XMET.

But it is really hard to see the gains keep coming in and hold everything.  I just feel like I need to sell and lock in some of that.  At the same time, I know if I hold, a lot of these can make some real money.  Trying to find the right balance.

GTEH has been killing it for me.  I can sell 1/8 and freeroll the rest, but I feel like I would be missing out on something great.  I actually created a sell plan based on it going up to .50 and beyond.  Trying to stick to that.

So a question I was meaning to ask yesterday but forgot. 

So where do you set your stop losses? Do you base it off a percentage - like if this goes down 10% I need to sell? Or a set number? Just a feel?

I've not done it but feel I should with some of these pennies. 
Depends on what I'm trying to accomplish with each one and what the chart looks like.

In the case of WDLF I just wanted to protect my massive gains. Look at the chart, and look at Feb 8 after the uptick.

https://imgur.com/a/BPllXgk

You can see that there seemed to be good support at around 0.0235 on the 8th. At that level even my freerolling stocks would bring back a good chunk of change, and if it fell back below that level could indicate a trend reversal. So I set my SL in that area. So far it looks shaky and like it could continue down past.

In general a 20% trail is a decent good rule of thumb if you are up big, but it really depends. A lot of these pennies swing around wildly.

Users who are viewing this thread