What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Penny Stocks Gambling 2021 (2 Viewers)

Currently involved in BLPG, GTEH, PLYZ, and UNVC, and free rolling on CBBT. Wish I was a big baller like some of you, as it would be a lot nicer to be free rolling 50,000 shares of CBBT instead of 2700  :P

Currently involved in BLPG, GTEH, PLYZ, and UNVC, and free rolling on CBBT. Wish I was a big baller like some of you, as it would be a lot nicer to be free rolling 50,000 shares of CBBT instead of 2700  :P
Love the plays.  I sold out of BLPG and PLYZ for a nice profit.  It was more about doing other things with the money than not believing in them.  I think you are in good positions.  I still have UNVC obviously, and GTEH.... a LOT.

FTXP

Trading at $0.002

Seems like a real company with real people (lol).

Volume picking up and the stairstepping chart is good.

This one is a pure gamble but I'm in for a little, perhaps can can catch a run in the "penny mania" phase that seems to be going on. 

fully out of UNVC now. Thanks to whoever posted that reco. 

Bought 200k shares each of ITNS and DCAC. Will post why in a bit. 

Also sold half and freerolling STWC, although I think i will regret that. 

FTXP

Trading at $0.002

This one is a pure gamble but I'm in for a little, perhaps can can catch a run in the "penny mania" phase that seems to be going on. 
Most of these are a pure gamble, right? 

Most of these are a pure gamble, right? 
Well, yes, but some have more reasoning behind them.

For some of them there may be some catalysts such as new revenue streams, expected business planning results, etc that could drive the price. 

For this one it's "Volume and chart makes it look like it could see a run soon".

Dr D put something on linkdin about February 11 rollout of the pharmacists giving the vax.  Its his plan he has been talking about for months.

People think the 8K may drop today after hours.  ALL speculation, like always.  fingers crossed. 
8K?

Bought 200k shares each of ITNS and DCAC. Will post why in a bit. 
1. Actual operations with actual tangible products

2. Share structures that would allow for a big spike. 

3. Current rating on pinksheets

DCAC especially has a great share structure. You look at most of these things and they are in the billions. DCAC is at 295 million. So when you look at volumes you can see how hard some of these stocks can be to move with 50 million in volume. 

ITNS has far more shares issued, but they aren't an open spigot of dilution. Their share structure has remain unchanged for over two years, which is very rare in penny land. 

Now the bad of course...

1. Neither of these plays has any momentum. Like at all. Could easily drop like a rock if one large holder dumped. Could sit and languish without movement for months. 

This is why penny traders like @Captain Crankswait for certain volume points. The thought of having money sit in a penny for too long can be unappealing. The trouble with waiting for movement like that on tickers like these is it would have already gone up quite a bit.  

I am pretty sure nobody in here has delusions that anything is the next amazon or that any of these companies are sure fire hits. I just really wanted to stress the bold. 

This is why penny traders like @Captain Crankswait for certain volume points. The thought of having money sit in a penny for too long can be unappealing. The trouble with waiting for movement like that on tickers like these is it would have already gone up quite a bit.  
Not necessarily.  Using ITNS as an example, it had amazing volume on Jan 20th.  Assuming you buy the close that day you're in at .0017.  Another example is PHIL which Chief just mentioned.  On Dec 28 it had incredible volume and if you bought the close you're in at .0004.  It's a 20X multiple of that today. Granted, you might miss out on that first double up, but I would think that "tell" is worth it over the long run because otherwise your capital is tied up in things that may eventually drift to zero.   

Not necessarily.  Using ITNS as an example, it had amazing volume on Jan 20th.  Assuming you buy the close that day you're in at .0017.  Another example is PHIL which Chief just mentioned.  On Dec 28 it had incredible volume and if you bought the close you're in at .0004.  It's a 20X multiple of that today. Granted, you might miss out on that first double up, but I would think that "tell" is worth it over the long run because otherwise your capital is tied up in things that may eventually drift to zero.   
I guess I didn't realize you use a sample of one day volume to alert you. I figured you required more since you were waiting on STWC to hit .0045 and it had already seen days previously of substantial volume and price jump. Again, not criticizing or trying to be argumentative, trying to learn what each of you is doing.  

Put in an order yesterday for 200k shares of SGMD, only 10900 filled. Of course today it goes bonkers. So this huge number of day gain 110.53% looks awesome, but it is a whopping 42 bucks, lol. 

I guess I didn't realize you use a sample of one day volume to alert you. I figured you required more since you were waiting on STWC to hit .0045 and it had already seen days previously of substantial volume and price jump. Again, not criticizing or trying to be argumentative, trying to learn what each of you is doing.  
STWC was actually someone else's recommendation, I believe.  It had already broken out when I reviewed the chart, and .0045 was an area of resistance I wanted to see it break before entering.  

No offense taken at all and I didn't read it as criticism.  It's always good to have different perspectives on things.    

STWC was actually someone else's recommendation, I believe.  It had already broken out when I reviewed the chart, and .0045 was an area of resistance I wanted to see it break before entering.  

No offense taken at all and I didn't read it as criticism.  It's always good to have different perspectives on things.    
That makes sense. Thanks. 

I think Worm was first in here to recommend it. 

FTXP

Trading at $0.002

2 years ago the stock was worth .51 but now it's at .002.  Do you know what happened?  Are they on the rebound with something specific like a new product or big client?

I need a little more out of UNVC so I can take out my initial $2400 and free roll this too. 90% gain, waiting for 100.  

2 years ago the stock was worth .51 but now it's at .002.  Do you know what happened?  Are they on the rebound with something specific like a new product or big client?
Don't know. I know they filed something saying COVID had an effect on their ability to file 2019 year end documents.

As recently as mid-year last year they were making internal changes, and Beijing Gas Blue Sky Holdings Limited now owns a large chunk of preferred shares and voting power (from May). They (Beijing Gas) have a market cap of about $190M US.

Was reading candlesticks last night and pulled the trigger on some GSV this morning.  I'm more of a swing trader than day trader by nature so I'm not sure how long this run will last but a nice pop today. Volume was crazy above average overnight which led me to investigate.

Can anyone explain the exact difference between shares outstanding and the public float are?

If an OTC company has 1.12B shares outstanding and 27M public float, do you see an issue?

Can anyone explain the exact difference between shares outstanding and the public float are?

If an OTC company has 1.12B shares outstanding and 27M public float, do you see an issue?
Outstanding is what the company has issued, the float is the portion of the outstanding that's out there getting traded. The difference between the two are usually shares held by insiders, employees, etc. and are restricted. Usually a gap this large means there is a lot of inside ownership.

In this specific case, it's dangerous to guess - one might assume there's so much inside ownership because they're bullish. That's usually a good data point for normal stocks but isn't decisive by itself. But for OTC stocks I'm even more hesitant to guess why. It'll be volatile, though, since there's fewer shares going back and forth.

Last edited by a moderator:
CNBC's been talking a lot about cannabis stocks this morning and how the reddit herd is pumping a lot of them.  I think we're seeing that with some of these pennies (PLYZ, STWC, GNAL, etc).  Could be a fun ride.

Sold half my CYDY yesterday.

Bought CBBT this morning on the drop.  Already up since that buy.  Hoping this is just some more profit taking. 

@CaesarQOIL is at a 10 year high .0009.  Why buy this one now? 
I wouldn't.  I'm looking to sell out of it.  

I could be wrong, but after doing more research, it doesn't work for me long term.  I have a sell order in for .001 which would be a 28% return after fees for me if it spikes up there.

I'm thinking of unloading the rest of my CBBT.  I'm freerolling it right now, but it seems like .40 is the ceiling. 
Yeah, it's tempting.

They still haven't finalized or announce their merger, so I'm going to wait for a potential bump there. I'm free-rolling it anyway, but I think there's a little more left in it.

Just my opinion. 

Been driving to the airport and dealing with check in, GTEH ooofff
Doubled up in my trad account @ 0.71

I was up at 3AM and I did a lot of research on this one.  I REALLY believe this is a great company going forward.   I am holding in the Roth until at least next earnings, and I will try the sell half to cover initial investment in the trad and free roll the rest plan.  

My ONLY concern I have for this one is them keeping up with the demand for their products.  

Users who are viewing this thread