Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Penny Stocks Gambling 2021

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday and today are pretty good lessons in the penny stock world I think. Take more profits than you think when a penny stock stagnates after a jump because the penny world is probably going

So I just did a reevaluation of my penny portfolio. Most of what I have is down again today, but for the most part I really like the potential for some runs out of all of them. Here's my list, and why

Confirmed UNVC lineup   Manager CAESAR Leading off and playing Shortstop  @ChiefD Batting second, playing Left Field  @Worm Batting third, playing 3rd base @JoeSteeler Batting clea

Just bought into GTEH on the dip. Agree re: the hold sentiment.

Now also free-rolling BTDG. Down big on the day - people taking profit after this week's run up. I may buy more if this continues to dip.

Anybody else in HCMC.  I have been in since .0019 looking to possibly add another 250K shares tomorrow.  It tested .006 today.  I know a catalyst is the pending judgement for patent infringement by Philip Morris.  It has been moving lately.  I sold out of OZSC this week with a nice gain and looking to buy back in on a dip.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, tonysmiles said:

Anybody else in HCMC.  I have been in since .0019 looking to possibly add another 250K shares tomorrow.  It tested .006 today.  I know a catalyst is the pending judgement for patent infringement by Philip Morris.  It has been moving lately.  I sold out of OZSC this week with a nice gain and looking to buy back in on a dip.

Got in it at .0016,  gonna love the run in the coming weeks.   

I got into gtll back in 2014 for .0001 for $300.  it is now  .0264😍.  I sold 1 million at. .01. Riding out the rest until news.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, tonysmiles said:

Bought 2 million at .0002 for $400

Sold the first million at .0018, another 100k at .004, and 400K more yesterday at .0051

Holding the last half a million for the lawsuit settlement or bust.

Just now, Caesar said:

Sold the first million at .0018, another 100k at .004, and 400K more yesterday at .0051

Is there an expected date/time-frame for the settlement?

7 minutes ago, RC94 said:

Is there an expected date/time-frame for the settlement?

PM has until Feb 26 to answer.

They could settle before that date, or there could be a court date set.

Edited by Caesar
PM= Phillip Morris for those not following along at home
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Caesar said:

And just to add a little of my reasoning, I think there is potential for them to make a nice amount of dollars from the lawsuit, but I don't like the share structure at all, and I don't like they added a crapload more shares to the outstanding pool while waiting for the lawsuit to play out.  

They should have been going the other way and buying stuff back.  Still, free rolling is worth the gamble to me unless it gets up to .02, then I'm out.

PR for AITX this morning.  Two new buyers for units.

Let's see if it moves the needle.  I have two sell orders in.  If it hits .55, I will be out, but looking to buy back on a dip if it would happen.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, RC94 said:

UNVC is way down

yeah.  I had it in my mind this might happen today, but was too chicken to play it that way.  

I was going to sell 15% yesterday and expect to buy back today.  I think a lot of people were looking for the PR on the day of the rollout.  I have been targeting next week as the drop, but its based on nothing. 

still, I do think its a lot of MM manipulation and a few stop losses being hit.  I believe it will come back.

My real fear  with this one is the closer we get to the end of QTR 1, it could go either way.  Some might get in on FOMO, and some might exit thinking its all BS.  Not sure who will win that one.

Of course, an 8K and PR drop would change all of that, but there is no sure thing.  Still cautiously optimistic.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Caesar said:

PR for AITX this morning.  Two new buyers for units.

Let's see if it moves the needle.  I have two sell orders in.  If it hits .55, I will be out, but looking to buy back on a dip if it would happen.

Added a bit more on the drop

Rough day so far.  I'm not sure if being patient and not selling anything is going to be the right thing, but that's where I am.

ETA - my stocks are AITX, DPLS, GTEH, HCMC and UNVC.  GTEH is up a little today, but I'm still down 25% overall on them.  

Edited by RC94

Still hangin' with UNVC.  I'm up 25% still. It held today so that showed some strength. It does seem a little cultish but sometimes that can be good if news comes out and fans start pumping.

Bot in FTXP today at .0016.  Stop at .0011.

Other current holdings:

GTEH - .0075 basis.  I hope to see some strength soon or I will cut bait below .0065.

SGSI - remaining 1/3 freeroller

INTV - remaining 1/3 freeroller

WDLF - .024 basis.  I like how it's consolidating here.  Not worried about this one right now.

PLYZ - .0047 basis.  This one's kind of dangling out there in no man's land.  I'll be concerned if it breaks .004.

GAXY - .0424 basis.  Got 2/3 left.  No worries right now.

STWC - remaining 1/3 freeroller.  

I wish I had more information on this, but I was driving right before lunch and they were interviewing someone who kept bringing up Telehealth platform.  This has been connected to UNVC, but I don't know who they were talking to.  I was listening to CNBC on Sirius radio.

Anyway, they asked him why with all the success and revenue, they hadn't considered to uplist, and the interviewee dodged the question.  If they are connected to UNVC, a dark company, he would know he can't say anything about that until official news drop.

Anyway, its not really anything, but thought I'd mention to see if anyone else caught it.  Was right before the noon break.

14 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I wish I had more information on this, but I was driving right before lunch and they were interviewing someone who kept bringing up Telehealth platform.  This has been connected to UNVC, but I don't know who they were talking to.  I was listening to CNBC on Sirius radio.

Anyway, they asked him why with all the success and revenue, they hadn't considered to uplist, and the interviewee dodged the question.  If they are connected to UNVC, a dark company, he would know he can't say anything about that until official news drop.

Anyway, its not really anything, but thought I'd mention to see if anyone else caught it.  Was right before the noon break.

meh.  looks like a false alarm.  Sorry.  I found the interview, and I don't think they are connected.

I was hoping you guys can give me a little advice.  I'm new to penny stock trading and how volatile it is.  I'm thinking about putting a stop loss on a stock but have never done it.  How do I do that in E-Trade?  The sell options are:

• market
  • market on close
  • limit
  • stop on quote
  • stop limit on quote
  • trailing stop $
  • trailing stop %
2 hours ago, RC94 said:

I was hoping you guys can give me a little advice.  I'm new to penny stock trading and how volatile it is.  I'm thinking about putting a stop loss on a stock but have never done it.  How do I do that in E-Trade?  The sell options are:

• market
  • market on close
  • limit
  • stop on quote
  • stop limit on quote
  • trailing stop $
  • trailing stop %

Either stop or stop limit.  The difference being if the stock trades your limit price or lower, the stop on quote order will engage a market order to instantly sell whereas a stop limit on quote will place a limit order to sell at a specific price. 

The benefits of a stop order is you're guaranteed to close the position.  The drawback is if there's a wide bid/ask spread, you might not love the price you sell at.

Conversely, the stop limit gives you control of what price you sell with the drawback that you may never get filled if the market runs too fast.  

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Captain Cranks said:

Either stop or stop limit.  The difference being if the stock trades your limit price or lower, the stop on quote order will engage a market order to instantly sell whereas a stop limit on quote will place a limit order to sell at a specific price. 

The benefits of a stop order is you're guaranteed to close the position.  The drawback is if there's a wide bid/ask spread, you might not love the price you sell at.

Conversely, the stop limit gives you control of what price you sell with the drawback that you may never get filled if the market runs too fast.  

Thanks for the help.  I should have been more specific - I would like to put in a specific price to sell at and if it gets down to that price I'll just take my remaining winnings and go.  It sounds like I'm looking to do a stop limit on quote.

12 hours ago, Captain Cranks said:
14 hours ago, RC94 said:

was hoping you guys can give me a little advice.  I'm new to penny stock trading and how volatile it is.  I'm thinking about putting a stop loss on a stock but have never done it.  How do I do that in E-Trade?  The sell options are:

• market
  • market on close
  • limit
  • stop on quote
  • stop limit on quote
  • trailing stop $
  • trailing stop %

It is important to also set an alert in my experience. 

• Thanks 1

For those of you paying attention during this annoyingly long weekend, DPLS received approved ITAR registration.  See here what that means.  

https://certifications.thomasnet.com/certifications/glossary/other-certification_registration/itar/itar-registered/#:~:text=ITAR Registered ITAR stands for The International Traffic,or from specific countries%2C exceptions among many others. 

This is huge considering the rumors of government contracts.  DPLS.... 

Also, XMET filed for termination of custody in Nevada court.  Once that gets approved, the purchaser of the shell will be free to announce the reverse merger company.  

And you guys say nothing ever happens on the weekends.  😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Caesar said:

For those of you paying attention during this annoyingly long weekend, DPLS received approved ITAR registration.  See here what that means.  

https://certifications.thomasnet.com/certifications/glossary/other-certification_registration/itar/itar-registered/#:~:text=ITAR Registered ITAR stands for The International Traffic,or from specific countries%2C exceptions among many others. 

Also, XMET filed for termination of custody in Nevada court.  Once that gets approved, the purchaser of the shell will be free to announce the reverse merger company.  

Thanks Caesar.  Out of the two of these, which one do you think has the best chance of a double up or triple up?

16 minutes ago, Caesar said:

My 13 year old son is in this stock also, and he showed me that article about an hour ago. He’s paying attention.

:lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

Thanks Caesar.  Out of the two of these, which one do you think has the best chance of a double up or triple up?

Wow.  That's a tough question.  I am not a financial advisor, so I can only tell you how I would play this if I had $1000 and no shares of either.

In this case, DPLS is trading at .0318 and XMET is trading at .0136

I can't say whether or not it will be possible to get into any of these first thing Tuesday morning at those prices.  I am expecting a gap, maybe more severely for DPLS.  News has a tendency in the penny stocks to need a fermenting period before people buy in.  Take AITX for example, good news yesterday and the stock went down.  I expect it comes back up Tuesday.  In this case, we should see that excitement build over the long weekend.

As for DPLS and XMET.  I would break it down to a 75/25 split with more going into DPLS $750 = about 23,500 shares.  Then I would put the other $250 into XMET which is about 18,380 shares.  

My reasoning is that DPLS has the better news while XMET is still waiting on an actual court date, although its really a formality.  It should be granted with no issues.  But its also transferring to a Chinese company, so with the Chinese New Year this coming week, we might not get anything more than that.  The stock should go up, but I'm not sure it goes up as much as DPLS next week.  

DPLS could get a very nice bump from this news.  I would sell some when I am comfortable and maybe put those profits into XMET if the price is still down.  But if DPLS stalls a little and XMET gets the bump, I haven't missed out on that one, either.  

Bottom line, I think they both double in the near future, but if I had to guess, I would say DPLS doubles first.  

I may update this on Monday night or Tuesday morning when I can see which one seems to be getting more traction with people.  Stock price tends to follow excitement in my short, limited experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, pecorino said:

I’m sitting on 100000 shares of DPLS at cost basis of free. Thanks for this news!

I have the same number, and almost free. Only reason I’m not is two of my kids bought in a little later and I haven’t sold any of theirs yet.

I’m hanging onto this one for awhile. May actually buy more. I like where this is going - they are actually doing something to back up the momentum.

• Like 1

In other news, it seems GTEH may have sold off their weakest subsidiary, CBD, to focus on the marketing and production/distribution of the other two main lines of products, SinFit nutrition and Secret Javas high end coffee.

I think this is a good move, personally.  Get focused and ride that wave.  SinFit nutrition could be a nice cash cow.  Supposedly, it will be extensively shown in a Netflix documentary coming up about last year's Mr Olympia contest, wheelchair division, as they were a sponsor of that event.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Caesar said:

Wow.  That's a tough question.  I am not a financial advisor, so I can only tell you how I would play this if I had $1000 and no shares of either.

In this case, DPLS is trading at .0318 and XMET is trading at .0136

I can't say whether or not it will be possible to get into any of these first thing Tuesday morning at those prices.  I am expecting a gap, maybe more severely for DPLS.  News has a tendency in the penny stocks to need a fermenting period before people buy in.  Take AITX for example, good news yesterday and the stock went down.  I expect it comes back up Tuesday.  In this case, we should see that excitement build over the long weekend.

As for DPLS and XMET.  I would break it down to a 75/25 split with more going into DPLS $750 = about 23,500 shares.  Then I would put the other $250 into XMET which is about 18,380 shares.  

My reasoning is that DPLS has the better news while XMET is still waiting on an actual court date, although its really a formality.  It should be granted with no issues.  But its also transferring to a Chinese company, so with the Chinese New Year this coming week, we might not get anything more than that.  The stock should go up, but I'm not sure it goes up as much as DPLS next week.  

DPLS could get a very nice bump from this news.  I would sell some when I am comfortable and maybe put those profits into XMET if the price is still down.  But if DPLS stalls a little and XMET gets the bump, I haven't missed out on that one, either.  

Bottom line, I think they both double in the near future, but if I had to guess, I would say DPLS doubles first.  

I may update this on Monday night or Tuesday morning when I can see which one seems to be getting more traction with people.  Stock price tends to follow excitement in my short, limited experience.

This is great stuff.  Thanks so much!

33 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

This is great stuff.  Thanks so much!

My pleasure.  I love this stuff.  My current job was supposed to be my dream situation, and it has turned out to be anything but.  I am just ready to go.  

I am two weeks from completing my MBA, and I am going to continue on with graduate level accounting and/or finance classes.  I am looking into taking the CPA exam possibly.  I just find that I like numbers.  I was going to do this before I got my current job, but I didn't like the idea of taking a pay cut to start in a whole new field.  Looking back, I should have just gone with accounting and finance before.  

I am trying to get my account up to a certain amount so I can get out of there and go it alone.  I even have a pretty extensive plan laid out for how to make a monthly income, but in order to feel comfortable, I need to get to a certain dollar amount.  The bad part is that my account right now is an IRA, so I will take a big hit moving it into a brokerage account, but it will be worth it in the long run.  I just have to get to my magic number.  I started with 20K and I am halfway to where I want to be.

No financial advisor in his right mind would advocate my methods, but I made a choice to stick with it.  It might end in complete failure, and I'm out 20K (wasn't going to change my life anyway), but it might just get me the freedom I want.  

I would love to be rich and not have to worry about it, but I will settle for comfortable and working for myself.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Caesar said:

In other news, it seems GTEH may have sold off their weakest subsidiary, CBD, to focus on the marketing and production/distribution of the other two main lines of products, SinFit nutrition and Secret Javas high end coffee.

I think this is a good move, personally.  Get focused and ride that wave.  SinFit nutrition could be a nice cash cow.  Supposedly, it will be extensively shown in a Netflix documentary coming up about last year's Mr Olympia contest, wheelchair division, as they were a sponsor of that event.  

HAil Caesar for giving the goods :banned:

I've noticed on a lot of these penny stocks that you get these upward blips followed by a year or more of the stock showing at zero, and then another upward blip.  Does the stock actually go to zero?  When that happens but the company is still around, what happens regarding the stock?

UNVC

https://microcapdaily.com/major-run-on-unvc-univec-conglomerate-inc/130397/

Got this link from the Inverstors hangout board.  I have said that I am cautiously optimistic about this stock.  I know its dark and tough to follow.  No real press releases and whatnot.  This article really did give me a nice sense of calm about the whole thing.  I am not worried so much about the stock as the percentage of my portfolio it makes up.  I would like it to be lower, but I don't want to sell any.  I guess I need the rest of my port to get bigger.  :moneybag:

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Chaz McNulty said:

I've noticed on a lot of these penny stocks that you get these upward blips followed by a year or more of the stock showing at zero, and then another upward blip.  Does the stock actually go to zero?  When that happens but the company is still around, what happens regarding the stock?

From what I have gathered from looking at these is that this is the typical pattern a penny stock will follow after a reverse split.  It happens all the time in this range, and it can kill a stock price.  Biggest I have seen (not been a part of) was 10000 to 1 reverse split.  

So, the stock will initially go up by whatever factor the reverse split is, and then invariably goes back down to below its original value.  This happens because investors pull out a lot of times.  If a R/S is done to list to NASDAQ, such as was the case with HGEN earlier last year, it can buck that pattern because of the uplist.  HGEN initially dropped, but then climbed back up.  Still, it has been statistically proven that stocks that do a R/S to uplist to NASDAQ will have lower share prices in the long run.  I saw that on a video about uplisting.  Sorry, I don't have the link.  

It doesn't work the same in penny stock land because the R/S is usually for the company to dilute again to raise capital.  It really sucks for investors.  

Hope that helps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
7 hours ago, Chaz McNulty said:

Some charts only show values under a penny as 0 for any time frame over 5 days.  

On 2/13/2021 at 4:42 PM, Caesar said:

Confirmed today by the company on Twitter.  Good move and people are saying that it will remove some of the outstanding shares and return them to the treasury.  This would be fantastic, IMO.

Nobody is talking about it, but it looks like the sale back to Hakuna management team happened a couple weeks ago.  I wonder  if this is the reason they cancelled the reverse split originally.  They knew they were going to be getting rid of Hakuna.

Either way, hope this moves the price up for those of us holding onto it.  (I know a couple people have been frustrated with it)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Caesar said:

Confirmed today by the company on Twitter.  Good move and people are saying that it will remove some of the outstanding shares and return them to the treasury.  This would be fantastic, IMO.

Nobody is talking about it, but it looks like the sale back to Hakuna management team happened a couple weeks ago.  I wonder  if this is the reason they cancelled the reverse split originally.  They knew they were going to be getting rid of Hakuna.

Either way, hope this moves the price up for those of us holding onto it.  (I know a couple people have been frustrated with it)

Not everything doubles up in 48 hours :lol:

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1