Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Penny Stocks Gambling 2021

On 2/9/2021 at 11:08 AM, Caesar said:

I sold out last week.  I didn't like the direction it was going.  Mostly, I just wanted to take the gains on something and move it to another play.  It has worked out so far, putting it into XMET.

But it is really hard to see the gains keep coming in and hold everything.  I just feel like I need to sell and lock in some of that.  At the same time, I know if I hold, a lot of these can make some real money.  Trying to find the right balance.

GTEH has been killing it for me.  I can sell 1/8 and freeroll the rest, but I feel like I would be missing out on something great.  I actually created a sell plan based on it going up to .50 and beyond.  Trying to stick to that.

The past few weeks have been brutal for GETH but you're effusive of them in this post. I'm hesitating to add more as I bought at a penny and now it is trading at $0.06. Any reason to think it is going to rebound? I don't want to chase bad money with good.

2 hours ago, arrow1 said:

and UNVC

Ya, I may just sell all of my UNVC (I don't have a ton) so you can thank me when it goes to the moon. ETA: Sold enough shares to free-roll 5000 leftover. OK, now to the moon.

Edited by pecorino
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, pecorino said:

Quick thought: Since free-rolling BLPG, I've been trading it a bit. Seems to be moving within a range of 0.015 and 0.02 pretty regularly so I have a standing order to buy more at 0.015 (which just hit, which is the impetus for this post) and a standing order to sell a tranche at $0.02 (which hit yesterday). Seems like a silly little play, talking about half pennies here. OK, would you pay better attention if it was a stock that seemed to bounce in between $15 and $20 on a weekly basis, and one that you wouldn't mind risking some chettar on, given the free-roll status? That's a cool 33% gain that I'll take eight days a week.

Thanks for this idea. Bought some at .0136 a little bit ago and will see what happens.

Been thinking of trying this on DPLS also. Bought some today on their dip and may turn it using the same theory you outlined above. Take some small wins with it while the rest of my free roll just sits there. 

Edited by ChiefD

1 hour ago, Charlie Harper said:

What's the deal with unvc? Stay or go?

I sold a few weeks ago. Just needed to get rid of some of these pennies - I was getting caught up in the excitement there for awhile. 

Took my profits and invested in some of those boring dividend stocks Todem recommended. Just trying to diversify a little more and protect some of these nice gains. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Harper said:

What's the deal with unvc? Stay or go?

I sold 75% of my remaining AITX shares this morning and was fortunate to buy 100K more shares of UNVC at .0925 right before it started its run up.

I did sell 100K a couple weeks ago for .1209 so this was a good little reverse flip for me.

I sold out all of the Roth shares that I had, though.  (120K)

Now sitting on 600K shares with a cost basis of .02

If you didn't see Doc's tweet from last night, that is the reason for the uptick today. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pecorino said:

The past few weeks have been brutal for GETH but you're effusive of them in this post. I'm hesitating to add more as I bought at a penny and now it is trading at $0.06. Any reason to think it is going to rebound? I don't want to chase bad money with good.

You quoted me from Feb 9th.  Obviously a lot of red has happened since that time.  I still like XMET and GTEH.  Both have expected catalysts coming up.

GTEH should come out with the earnings report around March 15th.  Most expect it to be quite good.  

XMET is expecting a transfer of custodian on the court date of March 19th.  After that, we might see a little more about the company it reverse merges with.

The red the past few weeks has been brutal.  I was green today solely based on UNVC.  I would love to see a news drop this evening.  

• Like 3

ABVG's suspension ends at midnight on March 4th.  If they are found to comply, does anyone know what kind of effect this will have on Friday trading?  I have no experience with this and I was just wondering if we can expect a freefall exodus?

Trying to buy IMJX on Fidelity but getting the error message “Opening transactions for caveat emptor are not permitted because of the risks associated with the securities and all microcap securities.”

His do you buy these types of stocks?

13 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

I just bailed on ONTX, so you should see it start to moon.  

I did the same, I’m going to take the loss and put the money elsewhere. Write offs aren’t always bad :angry:

Bought 100000 more BLPG at a penny this morning. Not sure why it is down 30% today after being down yesterday, too, as I see no news. It was a 2 cents just a bit ago (like Monday?) so this is a nice buying opportunity for someone who wanted to get it at earlier prices.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

They all suck right now. Been tough to watch.

Might buy some more. Like an idiot. 

I bought some more ETFM yesterday to try and lower my basis.  That sure was stupid.  

Thinking about doing the same now with AITX.  Sub dime.  I'm sure that will be stupid too.  

1 minute ago, ChiefD said:

You know it's an effed up day when GTEH is green for the day.

This bad boy is going to fly.  To the moon.  rocket emoji...  clear skies... launch time..

(that's how that works, right?)

• Thanks 1

DPLS taking off.  No news today, but it had some earlier in the week.

I did a little flip this morning and added 25K shares for "free"

Its about time something went a little right.  Now free-rolling 450K shares

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

DPLS taking off.  No news today, but it had some earlier in the week.

I did a little flip this morning and added 25K shares for "free"

Its about time something went a little right.  Now free-rolling 450K shares

I bought a bunch yesterday on its bad dip. Looking good today.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Nick Vermeil said:

Alert, alert ! ETFM on the jump.  I'm looking for the exit.  @KGB

What did you do?

Im currently down 40%  (even after it going up 17%).  Im thinking bout selling some RIOT and doubling down.  

Edited by KGB

6 minutes ago, KGB said:

What did you do?

Im currently down 40%  (even after it going up 17%).  Im thinking bout selling some RIOT and doubling down.  

Actually, I think I will sell A winner and let my RIOT go back up.  I like RIOT

10 hours ago, KGB said:

What did you do?

I held like a dupe. Still fairly underwater on this one. I don’t think I’ll put anymore into it. 

I went the other way and doubled down on RIOT yesterday. 

On 3/6/2021 at 6:50 AM, Nick Vermeil said:

I held like a dupe. Still fairly underwater on this one. I don’t think I’ll put anymore into it. 

I went the other way and doubled down on RIOT yesterday. 

Yeah, I think Ill keep my RIOT too.