Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Penny Stocks Gambling 2021

1 hour ago, ChiefD said:

Yeah, but man it's getting tempting to sell.  For a guy like me the gains is A LOT of money. But I'm still going to hold.

I just worry because there are just so many shares out there. I'm getting a little bit uneasy about that.

Should have sold an hour ago

• Laughing 3

58 minutes ago, arrow1 said:

Anyone jumping in on DPLS?  

I thought about it on that dip, but was hoping it would dip a little more. Might wait at this point and see if we get another dip tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

$BONTQ --  BonTon stores.  Closed @ .013 / share close on July 12th

$SHLDQ --  Sear's Holdings. Closed @ .262 / share close on July 12th

$CBJCL -- JC Penney. Closed @ .119 / share close on July 12th

All three of the symbols I've listed have commission fees on TD and E Trade. 

Fidelity, however will not let me purchase shares via their website due to being Pink Sheets that are not current. I'm sure if I took the time to call and harangue some poor bastard into letting me buy them, with a commission of course, I could. Why bother if the other platforms will let you do it electronically.    

***** NOTE: The commission fees to buy for each of these tickers was lower at E Trade vs. TD Ameritrade***** 

:banned:

Edited by drunken slob
I drink a loooooooooooot
  • Laughing 1

Bought DPLS on the big dip today. Will be interesting to see where this goes. If it jumps back up again I'll sell that little bit.

If it drops down again back into the single digits I'll probably buy another little batch. And then start trading those two batches on any upswings.

Gonna leave my original large batch alone since the costs are so low.

I'm not buying a bunch here: just a couple thousand shares on todays buy just so I can see what happens.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Bought DPLS on the big dip today. Will be interesting to see where this goes. If it jumps back up again I'll sell that little bit.

If it drops down again back into the single digits I'll probably buy another little batch. And then start trading those two batches on any upswings.

Gonna leave my original large batch alone since the costs are so low.

I'm not buying a bunch here: just a couple thousand shares on todays buy just so I can see what happens.

:hifive: me too

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bogart said:

Just got a note from TD that they are only allowing liquidation positions for the following stocks I have: IMJX, PHIL, UNVC. Guess it was a run.

If they aren't current by August 13.

PHIL claims to be filing this week (within a few days, he says)

UNVC has filed (in June) according to Doc, just waiting on OTC Markets.

I know nothing about IMJX.  Just giving you what I think I know about the other two based on CEO communication.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Bogart said:

Just got a note from TD that they are only allowing liquidation positions for the following stocks I have: IMJX, PHIL, UNVC. Guess it was a run.

So...can only cash out of these?  I have some UNVC.

Update for those of you who are still holding some UNVC, and also for those who might be paying attention to it.

- The company was dark (non-reporting) for 10 years.  They filed two annuals and the 2021 quarterly yesterday.

- Expect to be pink current in the next couple of days after the process plays out. 

- Filed financials as Univec Inc. as opposed to Univec Conglomerate 

- According to DD, companies within the conglomerate were rolled in on May 9, 2021, which is quarter 2

- Quarter 2 financials due by August 14th, and should be filed as Univec Conglomerate. 

- Expect official name change after current.  I am hoping within 1-2 weeks before Q2 due.

- Financials show the tradable float is about 173M shares.  Very little revenue for Univec Inc.  

- Most of the debt is due back to the people who own the majority of the shares, iow, they own the company and have invested in it

- Several subsidiaries have been connected, and second (or third) verified.  Biggest known value is HRI at $1.6 billion

I expect we will see everything revealed publicly before financials are due on August 14th.  This is still trading under a dime/share, and I think when Q2 comes out (or possibly before) there will be a very large push upwards in price.  

I guess there is still a chance this is all BS.  I'm willing to take the chance.  When I started out investing about a year ago, I said I was going to retire early or I was going to work until I'm 70.  No reason to change that plan, now.  

This is not financial advice.  Stick to your own plan, but if this fits into it, might want to make that decision soon.

Edited by Caesar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

What's everyone's play on DPLS now?  Is it over or will it ride up again.  :tempted:

Good question. I'm waiting to see if it drops some more and try to get some more. It went way up on really no news and now dropping on no news.

It's almost at a point where I'll add a little more to the small pile I bought to try and get in and out on this thing as it yo-yo's.

My original investment will stay put for a long while.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Nick Vermeil said:

What's everyone's play on DPLS now?  Is it over or will it ride up again.  :tempted:

I sold my stake in DPLS today. I'm sure there are long plays out there, but every one I think might be one proves me wrong. I honestly think most/all penny stocks should be treated as short-term gambles and nothing more.

Edited by soothsayer
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, pecorino said:

Bought another 10000 DPLS at 8 cents

I bought a little more yesterday at .0791.

If it drops again today I'll see what happens for the next several days. If it gets around the .05 mark I'll probably buy a little more there. I would then have about 6000 shares that I would trade on the swings just to try and squeeze a little more out of it. 

I agree with @soothsayer 100% - these are total gamble plays. 

Edit to add: those 6000 shares are outside of the ones I will hold for awhile. Those I have so cheap that if this went to zero I wouldn't lose hardly anything. I had already taken money out of DPLS to cover my original investment in it.

Edited by ChiefD
  • Like 2

On 7/13/2021 at 5:50 PM, Bogart said:

In case you didn't know, PHIL and UNVC are not on the most updated list.

I also don't see IMJX on there.

https://www.tdameritrade.com/retail-en_us/resources/pdf/TDA101550.pdf

• Thanks 1

For those of you into DPLS:

You may keep an eye on it. It's bounced off of the .074 ish range the last week or so. I've bought and sold a small lot twice when it's dropped, and it has been raising to around .094 or so range. 

Might be a good one to make a few bucks on. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nick Vermeil said:

Absolutely missed the boat on this latest wave.  

It's one to keep an eye out for sure. I bought some Monday at .0733 and sold Tuesday at .0949. I should have waited a couple of days.  :lol:

It will be interesting to see if this pattern continues. I'm guessing it will drop again down to the .075 range soon. 

1 minute ago, ChiefD said:

It's one to keep an eye out for sure. I bought some Monday at .0733 and sold Tuesday at .0949. I should have waited a couple of days.  :lol:

It will be interesting to see if this pattern continues. I'm guessing it will drop again down to the .075 range soon. 

I was watching but failed to act. Will set my ChiefD alerts.  

• Laughing 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2021 at 11:57 AM, Worm said:

CEI

Primarily based on price action/long term charts

.45-.50 bottom, with indicators to $1+

Would be a medium term swing

I am REALLY REALLY hoping that some of you guys jumped on this and did not get stop lossed out like I did.

:wall: 

34 minutes ago, Worm said:

I am REALLY REALLY hoping that some of you guys jumped on this and did not get stop lossed out like I did.

:wall: 

I did not.

Wish I had. At the point you recommended that I was a little too deep in penny stocks. 

7 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

I did not.

Wish I had. At the point you recommended that I was a little too deep in penny stocks. 

I am enjoying the penny stock gamble. What I am holding right now..

DPLS 40,000 - bought and sold a few times. Freerolling the 40K and up $1500 from prior sales 

CEI 250, mentioned above

WDLF freerolling 20,000. Up $100 from prior sales

CYBL 10,000,  down $21 right now 

FERN 4,000, down $6 right now 

AITX 6,000 down $70 right now

BRPHF 150, up $2,800 (bought at $1.35)

ILUS 10,000, up $1,200 right now

• Like 3

Currently at .93

Naked Brand Stock Surges. Swimwear Retailer Looks for a Move Into Clean Tech. -- Barrons.com

BY Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
— 8:15 AM ET 09/28/2021

One of the companies that garnered attention in the meme stock trading hysteria is shooting to the moon again.

Shares of Naked Brand (NAKD), a lingerie and swimwear retailer, have surged since Friday after its chief executive, Justin Davis-Rice, informed shareholders the company had found a "disruptive opportunity in the clean technology sector."

The stock was trading at 59 cents when the markets closed Thursday, and have since increased 40.6%. Shares were poised to open around 83 cents on Tuesday.

Davis-Rice said Naked had been looking for an acquisition opportunity ever since the board voted to divest the brick-and-mortar operations of its Bendon brand in April, which provided the company with a $270 million windfall.

While the move into clean technology may be unexpected for a swimwear retailer, Davis-Rice said he had always been attracted to ESG opportunities.

"This company is a market leader with cutting edge patented proprietary technology that we believe satisfies those ESG mandates," he said.

The CEO didn't give any further details on the potential deal, but said due diligence was progressing on both sides.

Naked shares have gained more than 333% year to date, and over 600% over the past 52 weeks, benefitting primarily from January's retail customer trading frenzy. The company used the frenzy to raise cash quickly, issuing stock to capitalize on the market's renewed attention.

Naked was one of the eight brands retail broker Robinhood restricted in January, alongside GameStop, Koss, AMC Entertainment, Express, Genius Brands, BlackBerry and Nokia.

Write to editors@barrons.com