What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Penny Stocks Gambling 2021 (5 Viewers)

AITX showing goofy on etrade too.  but showing 2 diff numbers on 2 different screens.

Maybe it's already been posted, but what's the thought about CBBT and how high it could go? I'm having the same problem others have mentioned, when to start selling the free rolling shares.

Maybe it's already been posted, but what's the thought about CBBT and how high it could go? I'm having the same problem others have mentioned, when to start selling the free rolling shares.
Good question. For me, I sold enough to cover my original investment and make a few bucks, which I then turned into a couple of other stocks that are on the green side right now.

So my plan is to sit tight.  They haven't released the press release about the merger, so I gotta think there will be a bump with that.

But for now, I'm holding. But keep in mind, I'm a small player here. I only have 8000 shares, so at the moment I only have about $62 invested in this.  :lol:

So I'll let it run for awhile. If I lose it all it's only $62.

Mentioned this in the other stock thread but might be better served here.

Tin - Sn.  Hardly sexy.  Been around for a long time.  Not going to garner the  headlines of Rare Earths, Uranium or even Cobalt, but Tin has the current characteristics that can make for a fantastic investment - growing demand and shrinking supply.  And outside of buying it physically, there really aren't that many pure play stocks out there.  

Enter Alphamin Resources:  AFMJF currently $0.35 cents per share and on the move.  +150% over the last 6 months.  The last time tin prices were at 10 year highs (in 2011) this stock was trading at $0.73 cents.  Well, tin prices are moving again and this stock is starting to wiggle with it.  We just finished our year-end partner letter for one of our funds which focuses on metals and metal related stocks.  On tin:

Figured I'd toss one out there for those that like to gamble on such things. 
Oh HAI pretty girl.  :wub:

Come on Chief, get some stones in the game.  🤣
:lol:   Yeah, I know.

Trying to do this slowly and make smart decisions.  I really knew nothing on buying stocks til last June.  My retirement accounts were always set it and forget it type accounts. 

My plan is to jump in a little deeper this year and add funds to this account as part of our savings and retirement. 

I already did one stupid thing with CYDY - don't want to do that again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Add me to the list of taking a little profit out.  sold 50K today

still freerolling 100K AITX

:lol:   Yeah, I know.

Trying to do this slowly and make smart decisions.  I really knew nothing on buying stocks til last June.  My retirement accounts were always set it and forget it type accounts. 

My plan is to jump in a little deeper this year and add funds to this account as part of our savings and retirement. 

I already did one stupid thing with CYDY - don't want to do that again.
I am right there with you.  I had a 401K from my previous job sitting there doing very little.  In June last year, I decided to move it to a traditional IRA and start playing around with it.  It wasn't a ton of money, and not my sole means of retirement funds, so I felt like I could have fun with it.  And I am.  Up 150%+ and most of that has been in 2021 after making a bunch of mistakes in 2020 (cough:CYDY:cough).  

I have been fortunate with the pennies so far, but I know that can turn at any time, so I am looking to protect some of my gains now.  I will still keep freerolling and looking for other pennies to invest in, but I started to diversify this past week.  I've been holding 2000 shares of LPCN since about September.  I sold some covered calls on them and made a little premium when they expired useless a couple months ago.  I just sold 20 covered calls for January 2022, which netted me almost $1700.  Since I am in at $1.40, even if the calls get exercised, I sell the shares at $7.50 for a nice 12K profit.  

So, I am looking to take some of my cash and just do covered calls.  I won't sell the calls quite as far out as I did with LPCN, which makes smaller premiums, but less time having to hold the stock.  I feel like I can make at least 25% (probably more) annual return doing this.  It's not as sexy as the 200% gains on the pennies, but it is a helluva lot safer.  I found this site https://www.barchart.com/options/most-active/stocks which I plan to use a basis for finding the right stocks and calls to buy/sell.  

There is an options trading thread that someone started, and I might post my plays in there.  I love the original stock thread, but they are so far ahead of me in resources, I feel like I am not ready to get the most out of it.  I can't buy in those stocks in any worthwhile quantities right now, so I am just looking for other ways to grow the account.

TLDR:  I like money

For the third time in 10 days I found a stock I wanted to buy the next day, and by the time I had a chance, the stock was up 100% or more.

Today it is EXPR.  Was going to go hard on this one today, but its now up 148% pre-market.  I'll wait and monitor, but I don't think it dips much.

For the third time in 10 days I found a stock I wanted to buy the next day, and by the time I had a chance, the stock was up 100% or more.

Today it is EXPR.  Was going to go hard on this one today, but its now up 148% pre-market.  I'll wait and monitor, but I don't think it dips much.
I also had this on my list to buy today. 

Apparently us and about 50000 others.  🤣

64 Million pre-market volume is nuts.
This entire market is nuts. I really like this thread because I think this is still a traders market and we have to be nimble. Penny stocks fit that bill. I've been unwinding a lot of my longer-term positions because of how overbought I think this market is, plus I don't seem to suffer from this disease called FOMO. I just think there is a real disconnect and lots of mom-and-pop investors are going to get burned.

Yeah, I'm not sure when I'm getting out. I'm free rolling at this point, but it's tempting to take the dough and run.

I think I'm gonna hold a bit though.
AITX:  I'm holding as well.  I had bought some with the intention of flipping and cleared a nice double on the flip.  

ETA:  I did the same with DPLS in a different account.  Looking good so far.

Yeah, I'm not sure when I'm getting out. I'm free rolling at this point, but it's tempting to take the dough and run.

I think I'm gonna hold a bit though.
trying to make up my mind...have 6,000 @ .04

may sell 2,000 and free roll the rest..then again may not lol

for me the penny stocks are like a lottery ticket...buy a few/several thousand shares and hope for a huge increase. if it doesn't happen, out maybe $150-$200/stock at the most

70% of my funds are in mutual funds and maybe another 20% in bigger, more stable (hopefully!) stocks.....the 10% is my play money!

Up 76% on AITX.  Thanks for the tip!  Wish I'd have gotten in as early as some you but I'll take it.  Plan on holding for a bit longer
Bought my first shares August 12 @ .0066.  Over the next few months, averaged it down to .0022.

I'm pretty happy with the result.  I sold some too early, but I can't complain about what I've made.

Have really enjoyed this thread so far. There was a big list of stocks that were recommended at the beginning of the thread. Does anyone have any new stocks they are eyeing? I'm just waiting for my Fidelity deposit to become active, but I'm way too late to the party on most of the early recommendations. :kicksrock:

I originally liked the BLPG recommendation as I think that sector is ready to explode (if Federal legalization happens). After doing some research there are a BUNCH of penny stocks in the sector and I have my eye on a few. Will post if I see any recommendations worth mentioning.

I'm now freerolling two of my sub-pennies.  That is pretty much my strategy.  Find em, buy em, when they take their spike upward, sell a fraction to cover original investment and freeroll the rest.

This is not my strategy with UNVC.  I'm a brainwashed believer on that one.
Are you still in on UNVC? Saw its .049 at the moment. Might dip in a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread