What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Miami at Buffalo -2(42)*** Marino vs Kelly '91 (1 Viewer)

If there's any justice in this world -- yes, I know that's overly dramatic, but hear me out -- if there's any damn justice in this NFL world, the Colts will lose and Ryan Fitzpatrick will start a playoff game next week.

Damn.  In this thread alone Tua has been compared to Rosen and not just Chad Pennington but post-injury Chad Pennington.  Tough crowd.

Tua = Josh Rosen 2.0
Tua has better pocket presence and accuracy. His stats are better than Allen's stats during his first year. Allen made a big jump in year 2 and a quantum jump in year 3. The Dophin's need to decide if Tua is likely to make a jump next year, or draft either Wilson or Fields. 

Tua has better pocket presence and accuracy. His stats are better than Allen's stats during his first year. Allen made a big jump in year 2 and a quantum jump in year 3. The Dophin's need to decide if Tua is likely to make a jump next year, or draft either Wilson or Fields. 
I still think there's some coaching to be blamed here. Tua was never a dink and dunker, so who is building the offense this way?

Old Man with the Beard was gun slinging and making plays all day..... Tua has a sling shot arm shooting warm peas 

Tua is kinda playing with fire throwing his guys into coverage, but his receivers aren't doing him too many favors out there.

This goes without saying, but I'm way more concerned with seeing Barkley in the playoffs.  The Bills really neglected the backup QB position considering how deep the rest of the roster is, IMO.
The really good backups are expensive. Cam might be cheap in 2021.

If there's any justice in this world -- yes, I know that's overly dramatic, but hear me out -- if there's any damn justice in this NFL world, the Colts will lose and Ryan Fitzpatrick will start a playoff game next week.
I would hope that’s the case, and the Phins deserve to get in with the season they’ve had. But what indication do you have that Flores would go that way? Time and again he’s gone with Tua at the detriment of his team. He wasn’t even going to get the call this week if avalaible.

1.03 Sam Darnold 

1.10 Josh Rosen

1.06 Daniel Jones

1.16 Dwayne Haskins

1.05 Tua 

1.06 Justin Herbert...just comparing

I think folks in this thread are WAY too eager to give up on a rookie who has only started a handful of games, but I do think the decision to name him the starter should cost Flores any shot of HC of the year. (And I really like Flores.)

Steelers 2 point attempt fails with 1:23 left.  Looks like Cleveland will hang on.

Edit: Oh my lord Cleveland almost gave the ball right back on the onside kick.

Edit 2: Cleveland wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck of a catch by Davis - it looked like it would be way overthrown when Barkley let it go.

Nice to see the Bills pounding somebody in week 17 instead of being pounded.

If I were the Dolphins coaching staff, I'd have been awarding bounties the last 12 minutes of the game.  But I'm like that.  Up 30 and throwing every play.

If I were the Dolphins coaching staff, I'd have been awarding bounties the last 12 minutes of the game.  But I'm like that.  Up 30 and throwing every play.
This is some weak Gregg Williams nonsense. In these situations it’s on the other team to show some heart and make a stop. This isn’t pee wee soccer, there is no mercy rule. Bottom line is the Phins didn’t show up to play today. That’s on the coach and the team. And yeah, Tua handicapped them for sure, but the coach got himself into this mess to begin with by stubbornly sticking with Tua all season when everyone could see Fitz was the better option. They’ve got nobody to blame but themselves.

The one silver lining is they can now see Tua might not be the answer and they can address this in the draft if needed. 

This is some weak Gregg Williams nonsense. In these situations it’s on the other team to show some heart and make a stop. This isn’t pee wee soccer, there is no mercy rule. Bottom line is the Phins didn’t show up to play today. That’s on the coach and the team. And yeah, Tua handicapped them for sure, but the coach got himself into this mess to begin with by stubbornly sticking with Tua all season when everyone could see Fitz was the better option. They’ve got nobody to blame but themselves.

The one silver lining is they can now see Tua might not be the answer and they can address this in the draft if needed. 
I don't disagree but I'm hitting Barkley late on every throw until he tells coach to stop calling that #### :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread