What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Pittsburgh at Cleveland -10(44.5)** That spread can't be right (1 Viewer)

I hate that rule.  If the clock is stopped the injured team should not be forced to use a timeout inside 2 minutes. The clock is already stopped. 

No clue, Bracie.

The Buffalo game better hold, though. I can't see Buffalo trotting their starters out there after the half. I could be totally wrong, but they'll need to hold onto that lead.

Jake Trotter@Jake_Trotter

Chubb is averaging 11.9 yards per carry… but only has 7 carries

Jake Trotter@Jake_Trotter

#Browns will get the ball to start the second half.

Two words: Nick Chubb

--------------------------------------

Is this correct?

------------------------

Alex Kozora@Alex_Kozora

With the way things look at halftime (Bills up 22, Ravens up 14). If Browns win, Steelers will play the Browns a third time. If Steelers win, Steelers will play Colts or Titans next weekend. #Steelers
Steelers will play the 6th seed. Looks like if the Ravens win they get the 5th seed over the Browns.

Really interesting game so far. Watching it out of the corner of my eye. Need moar Chubb, Cleveland. This is where the threat of OBJ is missed.

Browns.  Good lord.  What a hard team to watch.  Just not good atm. Clipping 5 plus yards a rush and will not stay with the run.  

Pittsburgh beating up on Cleveland in Cleveland with half of the steelers team still in Pittsburgh. Crazy. 

Hey Stefanski try Hunt at qb next series and Mayfield at RB. Maybe use a few backups so you can rest guys for next week.  Oh wait. 

Pittsburgh beating up on Cleveland in Cleveland with half of the steelers team still in Pittsburgh. Crazy. 
At the risk of offending our Cleveland citizens here, they are probably one of the worst teams to ever start 10-3. That's not just me, that's Football Outsiders's historical DVOA measurement of their entire team and an article written back in Week 14 or 15.

Going for the extra point is a mistake but who cares.  But still frustrating that a veteran coach like Tomlin still hasn’t figured this out.

Going for the extra point is a mistake but who cares.  But still frustrating that a veteran coach like Tomlin still hasn’t figured this out.
Most teams prefer to try to get down 8 and not miss the 2 pointer and lose all their momentuem.  We hardly ever see a team down 9 go for 2.

If you are going to run down the play clock, then at least do it right and hike it with 1 second left instead of 5.

Most teams prefer to try to get down 8 and not miss the 2 pointer and lose all their momentuem.  We hardly ever see a team down 9 go for 2.
I think with the advent of analytics, a lot of coaches are changing their thought process here.  Tomlin is old school.  The correct call (from a statistical standpoint) is to go for 2 first.  That way if you miss, you have enough time to adjust your game strategy.

Too bad we have no good kicker and now this game will come down to stopping them on a 2 point conversion

Had Pitt 4th and 8 and 4th and 10 and couldn't stop either then couldn't get a 1st down then couldn't trust your kicker then couldn't stop them so now comes down to a 2 pointer...did I sum that up ?  Sad

Is Johnson really a back up? 

Steelers seem like they want to actually try and win this game if nothing more than simple momentum going into next week. 

Start using your timeouts, Cleveland.
Uh no not yet they still have to make the 2 pointer you don't give them free time in case they miss.

If they make it still have plenty of time to get in FG range.
We know that Pittsburgh is going to score. Only difference is whether they score with 1 minute on the clock or with 3 minutes left on the clock. Cleveland has decided that it's better for them if they only have 1 minute left.

Users who are viewing this thread