What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Washington at Philadelphia +6.5(43)*** Brady at WFT/NYG (1 Viewer)

That's a concern. The other concern is once you set precedent like this around the league, others act with dishonor and you need lotteries and stuff like that to prevent outright tanking. 
Its funny you mention that. I had a conversation over Christmas, that the draft should be in reverse order strictly to ever prevent tanking. The Super Bowl winner should get the #1 pick, you'll still achieve parity due to the salary cap, as the top teams will have to manage top draft choice money. 

Oh yeah we all know this, but if Hurts suffers a serious injury that affects him for next year, now what? You played a promising rookie in a meaningless game just because. Next offseason is key for Philadelphia to have Hurts and Wentz in camp and evaluate who is the QB. Nobody will remember this game in September 2021.
I remember myself and other Bulls fans going after the team and Tom Thibadou for keeping Rose in a game they had already locked up. His first ACL injury never came back the same player. We all look back on it and go why was he in there today still. 

Oh come on. It's only the 3rd time it's happened. They'll never get the owners to agree giving up a home playoff game. 
But another, better team would get in. Doesn’t really matter this year since Arizona was 8-8 but imagine if a wild card team missed out while going 10-6 and a 6-10 team made it. 

Washington is fine, they have a super legit defense but they may be like the 20th best team in the league. 

Hurts had the one real bad pass to the guy wide open in the end zone, but he also had around 5 passes he threw right on target that went incomplete only because of great coverage.  I can’t believe they took him out.

Last edited by a moderator:
But another, better team would get in. Doesn’t really matter this year since Arizona was 8-8 but imagine if a wild card team missed out while going 10-6 and a 6-10 team made it. 

Washington is fine, they have a super legit defense but they may be like the 20th best team in the league. 
We've had this discussion 2 times before and both times the bad team won. Not saying that happens this time but it's so rare it's not even worth discussing.

Where's the anger for the Jets tanking? 
Gase deserved a contract extension for rallying the troops for 2 holiday season victories.

And he fed his HALL OF FAME RB down the stretch.

NFL needs more coaches like Gase that FIGHT TIL THE END of the 16th game.

Anyways, Jets are in good hands long term with Flacco, Gore and John Beck/Terrell Pryor 2.0 in the draft.

The Jets tanked? In what world did they tank? They beat the Rams and the Browns back-to-back and tried hard to win at an organizational level. You can't be serious.
The Org did their very best to tank this year especially keeping Gase. Don't get mad at the Eagles here. Maybe your team should've handled business in season. Relying on a 6 win team to back into the playoffs you probably don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway 

The Org did their very best to tank this year especially keeping Gase. Don't get mad at the Eagles here. Maybe your team should've handled business in season. Relying on a 6 win team to back into the playoffs you probably don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway 
I'm a Jets fan, chief. You're being a tool. And a fool. They busted their ### to win two. Gase did everything he could to keep the best players they had on the field instead of evaluating talent. Case in point: running Frank Gore all year instead of L'amical Perine.

eta* Your ####ty organization just quit on national television. How's that feel?

Ron Rivera has now won a division twice with a losing record.
That team won the wild card game versus Arizona that year. I went to that game with a buddy as tickets were below face because it was cold and rainy. Really fun game of muffed punts and general moistness.

We've had this discussion 2 times before and both times the bad team won. Not saying that happens this time but it's so rare it's not even worth discussing.
Probably not, and it doesn’t matter this year but a 6-10 team almost made it. Just sits ugly with me. There’s very few of these spots. 

The tanking talk is kind of rich then. 
You're obtuse. They tanked nothing. They could have sat guys and instead trotted out Gore and Darnold and other stiffs instead of evaluating their third string QB like you just did on national television.

You're a joke. Your team is a joke. And you know it. 

:lmao:  at asking Alex Smith what he thought about Sudfeld going into the game. What in the world is he supposed to say to that? “Well Michelle, at that point it was pretty obvious that they were intentionally trying to lose and we’re pretty thankful that they did that because we barely squeaked out a win against one of the most obvious tank jobs ever and are pretty not thrilled to get get blown out of the water next week.”

Hurts had the one real bad pass to the guy wide open in the end zone, but he also had around 5 passes he threw eight on target that went incomplete only because of great coverage.  I can’t believe they took him out.
He was pretty bad tonight all things considered. 

Users who are viewing this thread