What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Washington at Philadelphia +6.5(43)*** Brady at WFT/NYG (1 Viewer)

Gutless losers
I really have no dog in this fight, but since you seem to have taken such a shine to yourself for these words, I'd pay big money to see you actually have the testicular fortitude to approach one single player on that team and say that to them in person.

I really have no dog in this fight, but since you seem to have taken such a shine to yourself for these words, I'd pay big money to see you actually have the testicular fortitude to approach one single player on that team and say that to them in person.
I think @rockaction could take any of those losers

Who? Doug Pederson? Jeff Lurie? Howie? Bring them the #### on on their own terms. I said not one word about the players absolutely busting their asses.

That's why this is a red herring. 

I'm thinking back at that game and I'm not even sure Doug was trying to lose.  No doubt in my mind that Lurie and Howie wanted the team to lose (even before the game started) but not sure about Doug.  He's working with garbage talent at this point.  The one questionable decision that he made was going for the TD down by 3 points but he's always very aggressive.  And why not just go for the lead - the team has nothing to lose at that point?  It's not like Hurts was lighting it up.  In fact, that last series of plays by Hurts probably sealed his fate.  I think Doug legitimately thought that Sudfeld could give them a spark and perhaps bring the team back.   :shrug:  

I will say though that there is a difference between teams like KC and Pittsburgh benching their starters.  They have a LOT to lose if they suffer a major injury.  But what the Eagles did is no different than what like 10 teams do every single year so I don't know why they're getting called out.  And as I said above, I don't even think Doug was calling a game to purposely lose.  I just think the talent on the field was so bad.  

No team owes any other team or random fans anything, certainly not to hurt themselves in the process. They did what was best for their organization. I can't believe this is an ongoing discussion. 

I will say though that there is a difference between teams like KC and Pittsburgh benching their starters.  They have a LOT to lose if they suffer a major injury.  But what the Eagles did is no different than what like 10 teams do every single year so I don't know why they're getting called out.  And as I said above, I don't even think Doug was calling a game to purposely lose.  I just think the talent on the field was so bad.  
Because it was in primetime. No one's watching if it's 1pm. NFL and NBC embarassed themselves by flexing a 6 win team vs a 4 win team.

No team owes any other team or random fans anything, certainly not to hurt themselves in the process. They did what was best for their organization. I can't believe this is an ongoing discussion. 
I can't believe it's still conversation in Philly. All of these idiots on the radio literally were rooting for the Eagles to lose the game in the pregame. Had we won, they'd be ripping the the coach for winning the game. 

Users who are viewing this thread