What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (3 Viewers)

Also congrats to one of my favorite all time Raiders! Charles Woodson. He was a lock for the HOF just like he locked down opposing receivers. 
i went to his bar in GB, after the packers killed the raiders.  partied with woodson's brother that night.  good times.  so drinks

Stafford and Carr are very similar to me. If Stafford is worth two 1sts, plus Goff, then Carr is surely worth two 1sts as well.

And it wasn't Carr and Mariotta to the Texans. That was just the Raiders end of a hypothetical three-team deal, where the Texans get Carr, the Raiders Watson and a 3rd team Mariotta. 

- 3rd team gives up a 3rd for MM.

- Texans get that 3rd, plus Carr (valued at two 1sts) + the Raiders actual 1st - so in effect, the value of three 1sts + a 3rd for Watson.

- Raiders get Watson.

I'd do this deal if I were the Raiders. Is it fair value for Watson? Perhaps not, but is any team out there really going to offer them more than the equivalent of three 1sts and a 3rd? I'd guess not. So it would come down to whether or not the Texans - or the market - value Carr at the same as Stafford. I throw the market in there b/c you could swap out Carr for Mariotta to the Texans, get the two firsts from some other team for Carr, then ship the three actual 1st rounders + Mariotta to the Texans.

Pipe dreaming on a Saturday night. ;)

Stafford and Carr are very similar to me. If Stafford is worth two 1sts, plus Goff, then Carr is surely worth two 1sts as well.

And it wasn't Carr and Mariotta to the Texans. That was just the Raiders end of a hypothetical three-team deal, where the Texans get Carr, the Raiders Watson and a 3rd team Mariotta. 

- 3rd team gives up a 3rd for MM.

- Texans get that 3rd, plus Carr (valued at two 1sts) + the Raiders actual 1st - so in effect, the value of three 1sts + a 3rd for Watson.

- Raiders get Watson.

I'd do this deal if I were the Raiders. Is it fair value for Watson? Perhaps not, but is any team out there really going to offer them more than the equivalent of three 1sts and a 3rd? I'd guess not. So it would come down to whether or not the Texans - or the market - value Carr at the same as Stafford. I throw the market in there b/c you could swap out Carr for Mariotta to the Texans, get the two firsts from some other team for Carr, then ship the three actual 1st rounders + Mariotta to the Texans.

Pipe dreaming on a Saturday night. ;)
I don't think there is any way the Texans do that deal.  I have a hard time saying Carr is worth two 1s so the Texans in essence get three 1s.  I certainly don't think they would view that deal as such.  I'm also skeptical anyone would give up a 3 for MM.  Besides all that I don't think the Texans have any interest in Carr.  I know it was a long time ago, but he wasn't even on their draft board and I've heard credible people say they still could never bring him there.  They didn't even consider him because of how his brother's career worked out there.

It sounds like Wentz is going to be traded and a similar bounty as Stafford. Crazy. 

If Wentz and Stafford are two 1's and a 3. Carr is worth more.

stafford is freaking good.  carr is pretty damn good.  i just give the nod to stafford.  
Wentz is broken and thus won't command near what Stafford brought in or what Carr would bring in.

And I think most people agree Stafford>Carr.

"The Houston Texans continue to tell any team that calls that they are not trading Deshaun Watson, league sources told ESPN, meaning the standoff between the team and its franchise quarterback will continue."

What in the heck happened between Watson and the Texans? Good grief, he just signed a contract extension in September. You could swap out Texans for Raiders and Watson for Mack very easily here.

Well, this would appear to significantly lessen the Raiders' chances on Watson:

"It will take a massive package to land Watson, if the Texans decide to trade him. Right now, Houston is refusing to engage teams in trade discussions. Experts say it could be at least three first-round picks, plus defensive players. The Jets could have an advantage because their first-round picks (No. 2 and No. 23) have a higher value than those of the Miami Dolphins (No. 3 and No. 18), based on the commonly used value chart. The Jets also have two first-rounders in 2022, plus coveted defensive tackle Quinnen Williams, whose contract can be traded (albeit with a $10.8 million cap hit)."

I'd say the Jets and Dolphins have the inside track tho I don't know why the Dolphins would punt on Tua so quickly.

If they stick with Carr, I'd say that's fine. They need those picks they'd have to surrender for Watson. I'd just feel a lot better about it if the person making the picks was better at it.

I don't think there is any way the Texans do that deal.  I have a hard time saying Carr is worth two 1s so the Texans in essence get three 1s.  I certainly don't think they would view that deal as such.  I'm also skeptical anyone would give up a 3 for MM.  Besides all that I don't think the Texans have any interest in Carr.  I know it was a long time ago, but he wasn't even on their draft board and I've heard credible people say they still could never bring him there.  They didn't even consider him because of how his brother's career worked out there.
If Stafford gets two 1's, a 3 and Goff then Carr is damn well worth two 1's unless your argument is that they overpaid. However, even if they did the market has been set. Philly is asking for a similar deal for Wentz and the buzz is they may get it. (🤣🤣🤣

"The Houston Texans continue to tell any team that calls that they are not trading Deshaun Watson, league sources told ESPN, meaning the standoff between the team and its franchise quarterback will continue."

What in the heck happened between Watson and the Texans? Good grief, he just signed a contract extension in September. You could swap out Texans for Raiders and Watson for Mack very easily here.
Front office hasn't made him feel all warm and fuzzy like a star QB so he is having a temper tantrum. 

What I would like to do is trade Mariota to a desperate QB hungry team (not Broncos obviously) for a 2nd if we can get it but would settle for a 3rd. Clear his cap hit which takes in the black in cap space. 

See if T. Williams is willing to take a big pay cut into a prove it one year deal. If not, cut him. 

Resign Aghlor if we can at a decent price and contract but I rather not pay him $11 a year as Ruggs should be able to grow into the role he filled. 

Resign Incognito to $3 or $4 if we believe he still has gas in the tank. If not, Good is a priority. Even if we do bring Incognito back, he was big time filling in at G and evrn RT. There was not much drop off at G and he did surprisingly well at RT for a LG when pressed. 

Brown... I don't know... the massive weight gain worries me even more than missing so much time. If he is playing and at the level he can, he is worth every penny. But the weight and missed time as well as rumors make me lean to cutting him and reallocate that money. If we cut him, we need to go get a RT. Possible trade market for him? Wouldn't hurt to shop him.

I would extend Carr and free up cap space this year from that contract. 

Resign Jackson to an extension and team freindly contract to free up more space and keep him on board for the future.

Bring back Booker as a backup RB. 

These are the major transactions on the offensive side of the ball that I would like to approached for our free agents. 

If Stafford gets two 1's, a 3 and Goff then Carr is damn well worth two 1's unless your argument is that they overpaid. However, even if they did the market has been set. Philly is asking for a similar deal for Wentz and the buzz is they may get it. (🤣🤣🤣
The Lions got for so much for Stafford because they were willing to take Goff.  If he was traded to another team they were not getting two 1s and a 3.  If Philly gets two 1s for Wentz then whoever makes that deal is dumb.  I can can not imagine anyone paying two 1s for Carr.  

The Lions got for so much for Stafford because they were willing to take Goff.  If he was traded to another team they were not getting two 1s and a 3.  If Philly gets two 1s for Wentz then whoever makes that deal is dumb.  I can can not imagine anyone paying two 1s for Carr.  
Buzz is pretty strong that a deal is close and that Philly is asking for a Stafford like deal. Colts and Bears said to be leaders. 

I think it would be a horrible move but it tells you how desperate teams are for a QB and if they are going hot and heavy after Wentz then they likely already called Mayock and got a big no thanks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
LawFitz said:
No idea if this is realistic, but conjecture articles out there seem to point to something along these lines... Carr + Mariota + a 1st round pick for Watson. Might require three teams to balance out the details, but that would be the net trade from the Raiders perspective.

Would you do that deal?
After that Stafford deal who knows what's realistic but I would do this in a flash.  Get 4 years younger and a world better for a 1st that's a crapshoot anyway?

all
day
long

Two takeaways from the Super Bowl that I'll relate to the Raiders. 

DEFENSE! and more defense. 

I will never understand why this organization doesn't invest any draft picks at the LB position. Devin White is a beast and was all over the field last night. That's exactly what the Raiders need. It's no coincidence we've spent the past 10 years watching them pass up on the top LB talent in college football and their D has always ranked in the bottom half of the league.

Oh, and Derek Carr can attest to this. If you don't have any starting quality tackles your in for a rough game, or in DC's case, rough couple seasons. 

Two takeaways from the Super Bowl
And speaking of the Super Bowl, another good thread name change, Hank. Well done. This year anyway the Chiefs are no better than the Raiders (or the Jags or Jets for that matter) when it comes to the bottom line. You're team is No. 2, Stinkin'. ✌️ Let's get the excuse train rolling!!! 🚆 I know I for one can't wait to ignore 'em... 👎

Another take away from the game, is all the young coaches. Young coaches, that played in nfl.  I can’t imagine today’s players, like being screamed at, by old, fat white guys.  That never played the game.   :shrug:

Two takeaways from the Super Bowl that I'll relate to the Raiders. 

DEFENSE! and more defense. 

I will never understand why this organization doesn't invest any draft picks at the LB position. Devin White is a beast and was all over the field last night. That's exactly what the Raiders need. It's no coincidence we've spent the past 10 years watching them pass up on the top LB talent in college football and their D has always ranked in the bottom half of the league.

Oh, and Derek Carr can attest to this. If you don't have any starting quality tackles your in for a rough game, or in DC's case, rough couple seasons. 
I have heard KC fans blame the loss on the refs.  I only recall one flag that was questionable.   I can’t believe how much the KC secondary was hanging on the TB receivers.  If that’s how they played D all season and got away with it, the KC D is terrible.  I like letting players play.   A little hand fighting is one thing.   Tackling WRs repeatedly is another.  

I have heard KC fans blame the loss on the refs.  I only recall one flag that was questionable.   I can’t believe how much the KC secondary was hanging on the TB receivers.  If that’s how they played D all season and got away with it, the KC D is terrible.  I like letting players play.   A little hand fighting is one thing.   Tackling WRs repeatedly is another.  
They got beat and beat badly. 

I don't like Brady (though not his 'fault' I will never forgive the tuck rule and I am not ashamed to say that I am jealous to no end to that guy, ridiculous NFL career, ridiculous wife, pretty much everything roles his way- lol) but the Chef defense was outmatched (I mean, the only question is why did it take TB so long to get them playing to that kind of level? Brady, Evans, Gronk, AB, Fournette, Jones, Godwin... a decent line... the talent is silly) and the Chef offense was rolled. Mahomes looked lost. I think they were playing without both starting tackles though right? It shows that Mahomes is more than human if you can get pressure on him. He just ran around and literally would chuck it up for grabs. I am shocked there weren't more INT's of him. It was a bad game by the Chefs for sure. They didn't make it even interesting and the hype was completely deflated. Worst SB in a long time. The refs were not the difference and there was one somewhat questionable call that didn't go their way. 

You do realize the head coaches last night were Bruce Arians and Andy Reid right?
11 of the tampa coaches are black, including the OC, DC, STC and assistant head coach.  8 of which played in the NFL.  and 1 is a 2 time gold medal winner.  athletes that can relate.  what do i know?  i'm just looking at a successful franchise, and looking at what's different.  it's notable and pretty cool.  

11 of the tampa coaches are black, including the OC, DC, STC and assistant head coach.  8 of which played in the NFL.  and 1 is a 2 time gold medal winner.  athletes that can relate.  what do i know?  i'm just looking at a successful franchise, and looking at what's different.  it's notable and pretty cool.  
Tampa Bay also has two female coaches on the staff.  How can the players relate to them?  Tampa Bay has a really good coaching staff because they are good coaches not because of their color.  I'll give the players more credit than you give them.  Players want to play for any coach that they respect and think can make them better.

It is notable and cool but the relate thing may be a bit of a stretch. 

I mean part of the notable and cool is that two of the coaches were female. I am not sure how that helps them 'relate' better. Good coaches are good coaches, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or whatever else. 

I love the Leftwhich success though. I always felt that he was hamstrung with a constant change in OC and HC in his NFL QB career but that may have been a huge strength for him going into the coaching ranks. He took something that would have been a struggle and ended up making it a strength. 

Plus... no idea why the Chefs didn't run more. The Bucs were daring them all game and when they did run they had success. 

For some reason (arrogance?) they refused to change gears. You aren't being effective, the D is playing high S zone almost every play, your running back up tackles with your star QB dinged up and your running game is shown to be effective while the passing game was not... but you keep trying to throw until you had no choice because you were so far behind. 

Reid and/or Beienemy screwed up badly there.

Plus... no idea why the Chefs didn't run more. The Bucs were daring them all game and when they did run they had success. 

For some reason (arrogance?) they refused to change gears. You aren't being effective, the D is playing high S zone almost every play, your running back up tackles with your star QB dinged up and your running game is shown to be effective while the passing game was not... but you keep trying to throw until you had no choice because you were so far behind. 

Maybe, just maybe, the Chiefs never planned on any other game plan but relying on Mahomes since it has always worked.     Reid probably figured Mahomes, Hill, and Kielce haven’t been stopped yet so it will work again.   

Playing D by mauling WRs was not a wise game plan for KC.  I was surprised at just how average that KC D looked even though the TB O is close to an all-star squad.   Talk about talent!   Compare the TB roster to that of our Raiders if you want to be disappointed.  

Completely agree.  KC actually had success in the run game the few times they tried.  The KC coaching staff refused to adjust to the situation they were presented with.

Maybe, just maybe, the Chiefs never planned on any other game plan but relying on Mahomes since it has always worked.     Reid probably figured Mahomes, Hill, and Kielce haven’t been stopped yet so it will work again.   

Playing D by mauling WRs was not a wise game plan for KC.  I was surprised at just how average that KC D looked even though the TB O is close to an all-star squad.   Talk about talent!   Compare the TB roster to that of our Raiders if you want to be disappointed.  
Reid comments after kind of make me lean towards agreeing with you. He was saying "I didn't see this coming" paraphrasing. I think you might be right that thet went in expecting it to work as always and failed to adjust or perhaps have a plan to adjust at all.

Compare the TB roster to that of our Raiders if you want to be disappointed.  
You said a mouthful there, Doc. Just look at their drafts since Gruden has been back:

2020 Wirfs (1st) and Winfield (2nd).

2019 White (1st) and Murphy-Bunting (2nd) and Miller (6th). Miller's numbers this year were a little better than Ruggs.

2018 Jones (2nd) and Whitehead (4th).

That's 5 starters and 1 part-time starter right there and White is an absolute stud. And I'm sure most people know Ferrell was the player one pick ahead of White. 😥 They nailed their top picks and they've gotten some value in later rounds

And the year before Gruden's arrival brought O.J. Howard (1st) and Chris Godwin (3rd), two more starters. And there could be more. That's all that jumped out at me as a casual fan.

Take note, Gruden!!

Here are some of the excuses Stinkin’ has brewing so far. I’m sure there are many more than these:

• The night before the game Reid got cut off after his sixth trip at the Tom Brady All You Can Eat Buffet. Then his stomach grumbled the rest of the night because he didn’t get enough to eat and he was tired the next day and didn’t call a good game.

• Kelce said it was unfair playing against a defense as good as the Bucs: “Those guys tackle and hit hard,” Kelce said as he sniffed back tears. “We’re used to playing teams like the Raiders that don’t tackle at all.”

• The PA announcer pronounced the “h” in Edwards-Helaire’s last name so he moped all game.

• Mahomes was up late Saturday night shooting another commercial so he was tired and wasn’t able to play well.

• Jones was confused about who coached the Bucs: “I thought Gruden still coached them, man. I thought it was going to be a cakewalk.” And Jones was in for another surprise early on: “After 10 minutes I saw their safeties actually knew what they were doing and where they were supposed to be on the field. I said to Frank Clark, ‘We’re in big trouble, man.’”

Here are some of the excuses Stinkin’ has brewing so far. I’m sure there are many more than these:

• The night before the game Reid got cut off after his sixth trip at the Tom Brady All You Can Eat Buffet. Then his stomach grumbled the rest of the night because he didn’t get enough to eat and he was tired the next day and didn’t call a good game.

• Kelce said it was unfair playing against a defense as good as the Bucs: “Those guys tackle and hit hard,” Kelce said as he sniffed back tears. “We’re used to playing teams like the Raiders that don’t tackle at all.”

• The PA announcer pronounced the “h” in Edwards-Helaire’s last name so he moped all game.

• Mahomes was up late Saturday night shooting another commercial so he was tired and wasn’t able to play well.

• Jones was confused about who coached the Bucs: “I thought Gruden still coached them, man. I thought it was going to be a cakewalk.” And Jones was in for another surprise early on: “After 10 minutes I saw their safeties actually knew what they were doing and where they were supposed to be on the field. I said to Frank Clark, ‘We’re in big trouble, man.’”
That’s really funny!   The Kielce part had me laughing out load.  

The Chiefs were good this season but not the same team that they were in 2019.   They probably wouldn’t have made it past the Browns if not for that blown head-to-head call at the goal line.   Make no mistake about it though.  KC will be good to great next season and will probably be picked to represent the AFC in the SB again.     

You said a mouthful there, Doc. Just look at their drafts since Gruden has been back:

2020 Wirfs (1st) and Winfield (2nd).

2019 White (1st) and Murphy-Bunting (2nd) and Miller (6th). Miller's numbers this year were a little better than Ruggs.

2018 Jones (2nd) and Whitehead (4th).

That's 5 starters and 1 part-time starter right there and White is an absolute stud. And I'm sure most people know Ferrell was the player one pick ahead of White. 😥 They nailed their top picks and they've gotten some value in later rounds

And the year before Gruden's arrival brought O.J. Howard (1st) and Chris Godwin (3rd), two more starters. And there could be more. That's all that jumped out at me as a casual fan.

Take note, Gruden!!
That’s all you need to see when Gruden’s drafting is discussed.   TB was building a team.   Gruden was wasting draft picks.  

White is an absolute stud.  What could have been.  

I think I should be in charge of drafting the lbs. 

my dynasty lbs. devin white, roquan Smith, Mack, deon Jones, Chubb.

😜

:lmao: ......one KC fan keeps getting raider thread title recognition.....

#myrentinyadomeisdue

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Carr over Marriota but the defense needs so much help that I would not pass up the deal to obtain those draft picks.  

I cant imagine any team giving up 2 first round picks for Carr.  
Seems like Raiders fans have been saying this for years. This regime has had 4 first picks and two drafts to fix the defense. Doesn’t appear they have made much progress. But sure, trade their best QB and give it couple more shots. I am sure it will work out fine.

Seems like Raiders fans have been saying this for years. This regime has had 4 first picks and two drafts to fix the defense. Doesn’t appear they have made much progress. But sure, trade their best QB and give it couple more shots. I am sure it will work out fine.
I can’t argue with you.   I complain about the poor drafting as much as anyone in this thread.  @Stompin' Tom ConnorsGot so sick of me that he left.  

My only argument is that maybe the blind squirrel finds a nut in this draft.  Maybe with extra picks, the odds improve or we land the desperately needed two or three nuts in one draft.  

I know Carr isn’t the problem but having a top ten O and a bottom 5 D is not working.  

Trading studs/near-studs for picks only works if you are a team that drafts well. So far we have one very good draft (would've looked SO much better with White over Ferrell, even tho Cle is improving) and one smelling-busty, but too-early-to-call draft. Mayock himself admitted recently it was highly questionable (read: dumb) to take position-switch players with premium picks in Bowden and Muse, especially in a Covid offseason. Dude is clearly still learning on the job, but I haven't lost complete faith in the guy. I do like that he publicly admitted learning from that mistake.

My much bigger concern surrounds the culture of this team and locker room. For three+ decades now, it appears toxic and deflating from the outside looking in - a place where good players go to die. I thought it was due to Big Al's final paranoid decades, and the generationally dated facilities in Oakland, but it hasn't changed much in the decade since. As soon as chips get down even a bit, whether in a game or over a season, this team consistently rolls over. That has to be a coaching and leadership thing. I dunno, but something continues to be off here and it's beyond frustrating to see the same tendencies year after year. 

Raiders receiving legit trade interest in QB Marcus Mariota

There's been scuttlebutt aplenty in regard to Las Vegas Raiders quarterback Derek Carr being a trade candidate.

However, there's a chance a Raiders quarterback could be dealt and it's not Carr.

Following one season as a backup with the Raiders and one very impressive showing in relief of Carr, Marcus Mariota is drawing trade suitors, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday.

"Marcus Mariota is getting some trade interest, as well," Rapoport said Tuesday on NFL NOW. "There's legitimate and real interest in Mariota."

As the quarterback carousel has already begun spinning with the Detroit Lions-Los Angeles Rams' impending swap of Matthew Stafford and Jared Goff, Rapoport reported Sunday that teams were of the belief that the Raiders were open to trading Carr or Mariota.

On Tuesday, Rapoport reported that teams have shown interest in Carr and that it "didn't sound like [the Raiders have] hung up the phone, but I don't get the sense they want to deal him, either."

In Mariota, though, the Raiders have a former first-rounder who flashed brilliance in 2020 and has some believing promise lies ahead.

The 27-year-old Mariota played in only one game for the Raiders, a 30-27 Week 15 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers. But Mariota came on in relief of an injured Carr and looked excellent, delivering 17-of-28 passes for 226 yards and a touchdown and running nine times for 88 yards and a score. Mariota signed a two-year deal with the Raiders ahead of the 2020 season and is due a 2021 base salary of $10.625 million.

The No. 2 pick of the 2015 NFL Draft, Mariota has some believing a remarkable twist of career could be in store and he could remarkably be the next Ryan Tannehill, as Rapoport put it. Tannehill was a first-round pick for the Dolphins who didn't pan out as well as hoped and moved to the Titans as a reserve and eventually took over the starting role, which resulted in Mariota moving on to Las Vegas.

Mariota might well be leaving Las Vegas, but with some far higher aspirations than those of which he came to the Raiders with. Time and a crazy offseason ahead will tell the tale.

Raiders receiving legit trade interest in QB Marcus Mariota

There's been scuttlebutt aplenty in regard to Las Vegas Raiders quarterback Derek Carr being a trade candidate.

However, there's a chance a Raiders quarterback could be dealt and it's not Carr.

Following one season as a backup with the Raiders and one very impressive showing in relief of Carr, Marcus Mariota is drawing trade suitors, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday.

"Marcus Mariota is getting some trade interest, as well," Rapoport said Tuesday on NFL NOW. "There's legitimate and real interest in Mariota."

As the quarterback carousel has already begun spinning with the Detroit Lions-Los Angeles Rams' impending swap of Matthew Stafford and Jared Goff, Rapoport reported Sunday that teams were of the belief that the Raiders were open to trading Carr or Mariota.

On Tuesday, Rapoport reported that teams have shown interest in Carr and that it "didn't sound like [the Raiders have] hung up the phone, but I don't get the sense they want to deal him, either."

In Mariota, though, the Raiders have a former first-rounder who flashed brilliance in 2020 and has some believing promise lies ahead.

The 27-year-old Mariota played in only one game for the Raiders, a 30-27 Week 15 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers. But Mariota came on in relief of an injured Carr and looked excellent, delivering 17-of-28 passes for 226 yards and a touchdown and running nine times for 88 yards and a score. Mariota signed a two-year deal with the Raiders ahead of the 2020 season and is due a 2021 base salary of $10.625 million.

The No. 2 pick of the 2015 NFL Draft, Mariota has some believing a remarkable twist of career could be in store and he could remarkably be the next Ryan Tannehill, as Rapoport put it. Tannehill was a first-round pick for the Dolphins who didn't pan out as well as hoped and moved to the Titans as a reserve and eventually took over the starting role, which resulted in Mariota moving on to Las Vegas.

Mariota might well be leaving Las Vegas, but with some far higher aspirations than those of which he came to the Raiders with. Time and a crazy offseason ahead will tell the tale.
I say keep him unless there's an outrageous offer too good to pass up. The Raiders haven't had the luxury of a quality back up QB in years. 

I say keep him unless there's an outrageous offer too good to pass up. The Raiders haven't had the luxury of a quality back up QB in years. 
Raiders are currently about $15m above the cap. Mariota's cap hit is $11.35m. It'd cost nothing to get rid of him (trade or cut). And this team can't win with their defense as-is.

Quality backup QB's have value, but...

Raiders are currently about $15m above the cap. Mariota's cap hit is $11.35m. It'd cost nothing to get rid of him (trade or cut). And this team can't win with their defense as-is.

If they can get a return on Mariota, they must take it.  I mean why pay Peterman $2.xM to be the 3rd guy.  Mariota was inactive for a good portion of the year last season (injury, I know, not his fault).  

If someone wants to blow them away with an offer I'm fine trading Carr or Mariota.  If that happens I will be praying whichever guy is not traded does not get hurt because I hope I never see Peterman start a game.

this.

they've gotta trim the roster.

ty will has got to go, or seriously restructure. 11.6M  richard saves 3.5M  these two, are easy choices.

joyner and incognito save another 15M  harder to make these choices

in a dream world, brown and littleton renegotiate their cap hits, due to suckage. 

but by all means, give nathan peterman 2.7M.  IDIOTS

We need the cap space. And it is his last year on contract. If we can get value for him now and free up cap- it just helps us all around. Carr has been a warrior. Has missed minimal time and shown he will get back on the field well before most would ever think about it. It is a luxury we can not afford right now. 

We need the cap space. And it is his last year on contract. If we can get value for him now and free up cap- it just helps us all around. Carr has been a warrior. Has missed minimal time and shown he will get back on the field well before most would ever think about it. It is a luxury we can not afford right now. 
That makes too much sense. Don't expect that to happen. Gruden likes QBs not LBs and DTs. Watch, they'll go into the season with the most expensive QB room in the league. 

That makes too much sense. Don't expect that to happen. Gruden likes QBs not LBs and DTs. Watch, they'll go into the season with the most expensive QB room in the league. 
Well... it depends on what they get. If teams are offering something stupid like a 4th then I understand not moving on it. I wouldn't go anything less than a 2nd. 

Reports are that we are interested in trading him. 

Well... it depends on what they get. If teams are offering something stupid like a 4th then I understand not moving on it. I wouldn't go anything less than a 2nd. 

Reports are that we are interested in trading him. 
I would take a third for Mariotta in a second.  May as well take a fourth as well. We need the cap space and draft capital.  Build the dang D!  

If they can get a return on Mariota, they must take it.  I mean why pay Peterman $2.xM to be the 3rd guy.  Mariota was inactive for a good portion of the year last season (injury, I know, not his fault).  
How does Mariotta rank compared to some other QBs?    Rank them   

Mariotta

Sam Darnold 

Wentz

Goff

Garoppolo

Trubisky

Users who are viewing this thread