What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (5 Viewers)

Have the Raiders officially just Gabe Jackson?

$16M/year for Thuney may reset the market for Guards.  Thuney was easily the top FA available, but that it is a big contract for a guard.  Maybe the $9.6M for Jackson wasn't as bad as we thought a few weeks ago.  

Funny that their best pick was the one most criticized when it first happened. 

People were DUNKING on the Raiders after Kolton was taken. 

I will always believe part of it was the fact that his first name was Kolton. 
My youngest is named Colton. Watch it. 

Maliek Collins has signed a 1 year deal with the Texans.  No confirmation yet if he is moving to QB.

The K is the problem

Has a sister named Kory, probably.  

Also, hockey names.  

EDIT: Brother's name is Chad, even better,
You got lucky... I was gearing up.  ;)

I have a stupid commercial in my FB feed for tennis (no idea why, I don't play tennis and never have really since every time I hit the ball it was like a home run instead of it dropping on the opposing players box thingee.... anyways...) it is some service that you can reserve courts or something but in being funny they have this uber ##### preppy rich guy being overly aggressive and acting superior etc.... and his name is Chad of course.  :hot:  I responded "I don't think I like this commercial very much" (I think the humor went over most people's heads) but that was a mistake because now I am retargeted on it all the time and see if over and over.  :censored:

Try having the name Kyle in the real World right now.   I do drink Monster drinks from time to time... but not ALL the time!  And I don't punch holes in drywall.  Not every day, anyway...

I am seeing the following reports: 

• We are talking to AJ Green
  • We are one of the leading teams after JuJu
  • We have talked to Sam Young about having him back

Have the Raiders officially just Gabe Jackson?

$16M/year for Thuney may reset the market for Guards.  Thuney was easily the top FA available, but that it is a big contract for a guard.  Maybe the $9.6M for Jackson wasn't as bad as we thought a few weeks ago.  
Overpaid. 

On the bright side, increases the chances of us signing Long today. 

They agreed to terms per Vic Tafur. 

Vic Tafur

@VicTafur

They have agreed to terms. Raiders address the pass rush.

Bradley had him in Jacksonville so hopefully that connection bears fruit. I do think that Cle could be effective inside next to Mo. 

Bradley had him in Jacksonville so hopefully that connection bears fruit. I do think that Cle could be effective inside next to Mo. 
That was some thinking that if we brought in another pass rusher that Cle could kick inside. He holds up strong against the run as a DE so should continue if not being a true DT run plugger but then add rushing ability inside. 

I got to say, this is huge... 

Yannick has a connection with Gus. He was effective in JAX and then was effective with the Vikings and then was traded mid season and still effective with the Ravens. This immediately upgrades the pass rush significantly. It takes the 'need' off of drafting an edge rusher. A top 10 type of FA and only 26! 

This is a damn exciting way to start free agency for us boys and girls. 

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, it’s a two-year deal for Ngakoue worth up to $26 million.
I'm not a fan of paying big dollars for FAs, but this is a deal I can get behind, if these terms are accurate. Ngakaoue isn't a stud DE, but is a stud situational pass rusher. Ferrell can continue to start at base DE and then kick inside to 3tech on passing downs with Yannick coming with fresh legs and pinned ears.

Oddly enough, Bleacher reporting Agholor has signed with the Pat for the same terms as Ngakoue - 2 yrs, $26 MM.

Thx, but no thx to Nelson for $13 MM per. Good for him though.

Thinking on this more....

Clelin will likely split time at DE with Yannick. On early downs they will prob favor Clelin but on pass apparently downs Yannick taking his place and kicking Clelin inside where he can be effective as a pass rusher. Yannick is a bit of a liability on run defense so I am not sure you want him in there 100% snaps. Keep him fresh to terrorize the QB's when they drop back and utilize the D's strengths. 

I really want a FS badly as having a good one is crucial in the cover 3 base. Abram is a natural for the SS in this scheme but we really need that FS. 

Bring in a guy like Dalvin or even Hankins back ... priority run stuffer even if below average pass rushers.

Oddly enough, Bleacher reporting Agholor has signed with the Pat for the same terms as Ngakoue - 2 yrs, $26 MM.

Oh great, here comes another WR in the first round. Get used to another K name. Kadarius that is 😉

Gabe Jax hasn't been released (yet)...

Cap update

There’s no way of knowing without having the full structure of the deal, but the Raiders had about $40.8 million in cap space before signing Ngakoue. Even that number wasn’t settled, though, as it relied on them releasing guard Gabe Jackson, which hasn’t happened yet. Jackson is set to make $9.6 million in 2021, so the Raiders only really had $31.2 million in cap space to work with.

Ngakoue certainly isn’t making that much, of course, so his deal will comfortably fit into Las Vegas’ cap space regardless. Until more details are disclosed, though, it’s impossible to know how much of that space is left over.
Maybe they rethink it after seeing Thuney sign for $16 MM per.

Wow.  The Pats went crazy with the signings.  Agholor was the best WR for the Raiders last season but that seems like too much money.   The Raiders are in a bind now though.  They have no outside WRs.  Too bad Lamb was gone before the Raiders could draft him last year.  

Now that Booker has moved on, two guys I'd like to see brought in: Pip Lindsey and Trey Sermon. Denver gave Lindsey a zero rd tender meaning he can be had for free if they don't match an offer. And Sermon can probably be swooped in the 6th or 7th round this draft. Dude is classically underrated as a RB prospect IMO.

Echoing some of the comments already made here, there was a pretty interesting twitter reaction/thread yesterday regarding the two contracts the Patriots laid out for Agholor and Bourne, and that the media would be roasting any of the other 31 teams if those contracts were handed out...

I'm happy for Agholor getting his money, and agree the price point was too much for the Raiders to pay for his services.  Really drives home the need for the rookie WRs to step up this year.  I do see the Raiders bringing in another Vet before the start of the season, but do not see them drafting a WR in the 1st.  

Who's the next FA target for you guys?

Echoing some of the comments already made here, there was a pretty interesting twitter reaction/thread yesterday regarding the two contracts the Patriots laid out for Agholor and Bourne, and that the media would be roasting any of the other 31 teams if those contracts were handed out...

I'm happy for Agholor getting his money, and agree the price point was too much for the Raiders to pay for his services.  Really drives home the need for the rookie WRs to step up this year.  I do see the Raiders bringing in another Vet before the start of the season, but do not see them drafting a WR in the 1st.  

I think Richard Sherman could be the next Raider signing.  I think there has to be a DB signing of some sort on the way.  I was very interested in John Johnson, but the Browns snatched him up.

I'm hearing AJ Green at WR. But for me, they really need a veteran or two in the secondary. I agree Sherman would be a solid addition but he's lost a step and would be more of a coach on the field for the young corners, which has value. But they really need a vet at free safety, theres just too much inexperience on the back end.

Wow.  The Pats went crazy with the signings.  Agholor was the best WR for the Raiders last season but that seems like too much money.   The Raiders are in a bind now though.  They have no outside WRs.  Too bad Lamb was gone before the Raiders could draft him last year.  
grrr.... big leap from Ruggs coming up, hoepfully?

I think they're holding out hope a team like Chicago will get desperate and offer them a decent draft pick for them. I gotta think, the last thing they want to do is cut him and get nothing for him.
That's what I thought too, but with his contract I don't think anyone is going to take him for a pick. 

Are the Raiders going to keep Mariota? Figured he would be cut by now. 
Raiders hold the cards on this one.  Mariota's contract at first pass seems to be restrictive in terms of the trade process, but I see it differently.  It's incentive based, and could range from $10M to $19M.  Not a bad salary if a team wants a start or competition at the position.   And as the Trent Brown trade showed, the team acquiring him can work a contract over. 

Additionally to the Raiders favor, here is no dead money in the deal.  So if they can't find a trade partner, the Raiders can cut him or ask him without a problem.  

Current Mariota Incentives:

• $200,000 per game in plays 60% snaps (1 earned)
  • $125,000 per win + 60% snaps played ($0 earned)
  • Max $1.5M for playing time + wins bonus
  • Max $2M playing time + wins + playoffs
  • $625,000 2021 escalator for every 2020 game played (60% snaps, 1 earned)
  • $250,000 bonus AND 2021 escalator per playoff game (50% snaps)
  • Super Bowl Win: $1M bonus AND 2021 escalator

Raiders hold the cards on this one.  Mariota's contract at first pass seems to be restrictive in terms of the trade process, but I see it differently.  It's incentive based, and could range from $10M to $19M.  Not a bad salary if a team wants a start or competition at the position.   And as the Trent Brown trade showed, the team acquiring him can work a contract over. 

Additionally to the Raiders favor, here is no dead money in the deal.  So if they can't find a trade partner, the Raiders can cut him or ask him without a problem.  

Current Mariota Incentives:

• $200,000 per game in plays 60% snaps (1 earned)
  • $125,000 per win + 60% snaps played ($0 earned)
  • Max $1.5M for playing time + wins bonus
  • Max $2M playing time + wins + playoffs
  • $625,000 2021 escalator for every 2020 game played (60% snaps, 1 earned)
  • $250,000 bonus AND 2021 escalator per playoff game (50% snaps)
  • Super Bowl Win: $1M bonus AND 2021 escalator
I think the problem is any team acquiring him is on the hook for the higher end of it if they want him to start. 

Good point on restructure.  Maybe trades are in play again if the Raiders call teams bluffs and don't cut him. 

Last edited by a moderator:
No, but as was stated if a team is trading for him to be their starter he is going to hit some of those incentives.
I'm guessing that if Mariota is told the trade is contingent on him renegotiating his current deal or face being cut and not earning a dime from his current contract, he will sign a new deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, but as was stated if a team is trading for him to be their starter he is going to hit some of those incentives.
I heard a rumor that he was basically traded to Washington at one point a couple weeks ago, but because of his incentives, they only offered at 5th round pick and the Raiders said no.

I heard a rumor that he was basically traded to Washington at one point a couple weeks ago, but because of his incentives, they only offered at 5th round pick and the Raiders said no.
Passes the sniff test.  Assuming they plan on drafting a QB and don't want to push him to start right away.  The contract to Fitz 1 year 10M (with incentives up to $12M) show their thought process a bit.   Fitz is a stop gap.  

Aside from that I wouldn't have traded Mariota for a 5th either. Not at this point in the season.

Users who are viewing this thread