What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (1 Viewer)

I don't get this one.

Vic Tafur

@VicTafur

Two-year deal for $11 million that can go up to $14.5 mil. Wow.

Quote Tweet

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

· 18m

The #Raiders have signed RB Kenyan Drake, per his agents @_SportsTrust

11:37 AM · Mar 18, 2021·Twitter Web App

I don't get this one.

Vic Tafur

@VicTafur

Quote Tweet

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

· 18m

A bit more than I would have wanted to pay but the player himself makes total sense to me. 

Not gonna lie, he looked really good got a game. Like really really good. 
Isn't that more often than not the case when any QB comes into a game due to injury of the starter?  Finished that game looking really good and then crumbles the next week when a defence has the opportunity to focus on what he brings, or doesn't bring to the table, and make proper adjustments.  Or when the offensive coach doesn't have a week to over think the game plan and is instead forward to call a pretty vanilla, but safe, game?

I'm one of the biggest Mayock/Gruden backers out there, but the last few days have been very puzzling.  

I don't get this one.

Vic Tafur

@VicTafur

Quote Tweet

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

· 18m

Don't really understand the contract to be honest, but from a talent on the football view only, he is an upgrade over Booker.  I'll gladly cheer for Drake!

Isn't that more often than not the case when any QB comes into a game due to injury of the starter?  Finished that game looking really good and then crumbles the next week when a defence has the opportunity to focus on what he brings, or doesn't bring to the table, and make proper adjustments.  Or when the offensive coach doesn't have a week to over think the game plan and is instead forward to call a pretty vanilla, but safe, game?
Yep. For sure. And I’m glad you speak autocorrect because “for a game”.

But he looked electric physically. Maybe just the adrenaline, but he was mobile, accurate & looked like a weapon.  

For sure there is a latent market out there for Mariota. At some point it will come to the surface and if they play their cards right, the Raiders will squeeze a mid round pick out of someone. Contract isn't a game-breaking hurdle. A team just needs to renegotiate the terms with Mariota as part of the deal process.

For sure there is a latent market out there for Mariota. At some point it will come to the surface and if they play their cards right, the Raiders will squeeze a mid round pick out of someone. Contract isn't a game-breaking hurdle. A team just needs to renegotiate the terms with Mariota as part of the deal process.
The Niners are bringing Flacco in today - Raiders want Mariotta to take 3 of the 10 mil he’s owed - Niners should offer him 4.5 & get it done today. I don’t know what they’re thinking - Flacco looked so washed up. Mariotta has to be better than that. 

The Niners are bringing Flacco in today - Raiders want Mariotta to take 3 of the 10 mil he’s owed - Niners should offer him 4.5 & get it done today. I don’t know what they’re thinking - Flacco looked so washed up. Mariotta has to be better than that. 
Send the Raiders a 3rd rounder, renegotiate Mariota's contract, ship the Grop to Belichick to recoup a draft pick. BOOM

Flacco is done. Niners would be MUCH better off with Mariotta. 

I like the Drake signing, but I'm an RB guy. I think they have more NFL value than the consensus does, especially if they can run/catch/block, like Drake can.

I do think Drake is a better version of Jalen Richard and thus makes the latter expendable, if they need the cap space or can find a team willing to part with a late pick.

The guy they need to complete the committee is the battering ram RB. Trey Sermon would be nice. That would suck for fantasy, but would make a ton of sense for the Raiders IMO. Jacobs has been worn down the last two years. Need him last into the late season and playoffs and then unleash him fully, if/when needed.

As a Raiders fan, this makes sense in terms of massively upgrading the backup RB talent. 
As a Drake dynasty owner hoping he found a good landing spot, I’m very unhappy.
As a 3rd down & breather back when they have Jacobs, who’s a beast?

huh 

I’m not sure you have the right read on this unless you think they’re gonna deal Jacobs. 

Seems like a weird use of money. 

I like the Drake signing, but I'm an RB guy. I think they have more NFL value than the consensus does, especially if they can run/catch/block, like Drake can.
I think he’s a very expensive luxury for a team with many other needs.

I like Drake too, and if the Raiders were a complete team he could be a “put them over the top” piece. 

but that $ coulda been spent on secondary, pass rush, OL, DL - i fully expected them to focus on the defense from here out. 

I’m not hating the player, I’m hating the game is what I’m tryna say here. 

As a 3rd down & breather back when they have Jacobs, who’s a beast?

huh 

I’m not sure you have the right read on this unless you think they’re gonna deal Jacobs. 

Seems like a weird use of money. 
Fair enough. My comment was more about the talent of the player than the cost of his contract. I agree with your take. 

I think he’s a very expensive luxury for a team with many other needs.

I like Drake too, and if the Raiders were a complete team he could be a “put them over the top” piece. 

but that $ coulda been spent on secondary, pass rush, OL, DL - i fully expected them to focus on the defense from here out. 

I’m not hating the player, I’m hating the game is what I’m tryna say here. 
I agree with this.  Drake is a good RB that can spell Jacobs and keep the O rolling and even fill in for Jacobs should he get dinged and have to sit a game or two.  Spending this money at RB is the part that is dumb.  Fill-in RBs are available all season.  Richard has to be cut now and replaced with a late round pick or even an undrafted player.  

Yesterday, I was feeling a little better about FA.   Today, it’s back to the disappointment.  

I agree with this.  Drake is a good RB that can spell Jacobs and keep the O rolling and even fill in for Jacobs should he get dinged and have to sit a game or two.  Spending this money at RB is the part that is dumb.  Fill-in RBs are available all season.  Richard has to be cut now and replaced with a late round pick or even an undrafted player.  

Yesterday, I was feeling a little better about FA.   Today, it’s back to the disappointment.  
I’m a little excited about it, but purely, selfishly as a Carr owner. 

You better hope the Raiders get WR help.  The best WR is now a Patriot.  Brown is a good number 2 WR but he will be hurt after 4 or 5 games and then be in and out of the lineup for the rest of the season.  
Pretty soft wide receiver market, and still quite a few good names for them. I think juju Smith Schuster is a perfect fit, but I’m not sure if they want to take another ex Steeler.

I was really hoping Fuller would land there. 

honestly, at this point I’m just thrilled they didn’t completely destroy their offensive line as it looked for a few hours yesterday.

You better hope the Raiders get WR help.  The best WR is now a Patriot.  Brown is a good number 2 WR but he will be hurt after 4 or 5 games and then be in and out of the lineup for the rest of the season.  
I'm hoping Ruggs can be that guy.  He looked very good in the limited action he saw before he first got hurt.  With him taking the top off defenses, guys like Renfrow and Brown can have a field day in the middle of the field, which makes matching up with Waller even more difficult.  Fingers crossed

What exactly are the Raiders doing? These first few days of free agency have given me the opinion that they have no plan for what they're doing, and their record under Gruden and Mayock sort of supports that. Spending up to 14.5 million on a running back when you've got that many holes?

What the actual ####?
It does seem like Gruden doesn’t have a plan.  Just wait for the draft to see a real cluster!   

The Drake move I liked. 

We need him in the passing game. Calling him a backup, like he Jalen Richard or something over here. There is no 2nd TE to worry about, no WR1. A true ace in the passing game at RB is great. 

It's a shame the team doesn't fill needs in order of importance, might make some of the tweets less angry. 

How can you fill need #5 when you didn't fill need #2 already?!? I don't understaaaaaaaaand.....  

How can you fill need #5 when you didn't fill need #2 already?!? I don't understaaaaaaaaand.....  
That’s the biggest issue. If you’re on a budget & go grocery shopping, you fill the cart with your staples 1st, then get your luxury items. 

Unless you’re at Staples, shopping for staples, in which case the irony becomes too much for the space/time continuum to handle. 

What exactly are the Raiders doing? These first few days of free agency have given me the opinion that they have no plan for what they're doing, and their record under Gruden and Mayock sort of supports that. Spending up to 14.5 million on a running back when you've got that many holes?

What the actual ####?
Yep, I've been thinking this for a while.

What are these guys even trying to do?  Questionable at best.

That’s the biggest issue. If you’re on a budget & go grocery shopping, you fill the cart with your staples 1st, then get your luxury items. 

Unless you’re at Staples, shopping for staples, in which case the irony becomes too much for the space/time continuum to handle. 
I don't think they're buying any 10 mill players, these dudes now are all gonna be the same price. 

There aren't any CBs or FS getting top money.

There's no more CD box sets going in the cart, they are hoping these Kansas and Foghat cassettes work out. 

I don't think they're buying any 10 mill players, these dudes now are all gonna be the same price. 

There aren't any CBs or FS getting top money.

There's no more CD box sets going in the cart, they are hoping these Kansas and Foghat cassettes work out. 
I wouldn't hold out much hope for the tape deck, though, or the Creedence. 

This.   This.   This.  The Raiders need at least a good FS and a starting caliber CB.   The money has almost all been spent and I don’t think there are players left to help a really bad secondary.  

This.   This.   This.  The Raiders need at least a good FS and a starting caliber CB.   The money has almost all been spent and I don’t think there are players left to help a really bad secondary.  
I think the Pass Rush/D-Line has to be addressed before the secondary. Doesn't matter who you have back there, they can't cover forever. Lack of Pass Rush cost us in the Miami Game, KC II, and Chargers II. A key sack in those games and we could have been in the playoffs. 

That being said we should stop messing around with Mariota, cut him, Key whoever else we need to, sign Fuller and Booker and call it a day. Draft a LT in the first round. 

I think the Pass Rush/D-Line has to be addressed before the secondary. Doesn't matter who you have back there, they can't cover forever. Lack of Pass Rush cost us in the Miami Game, KC II, and Chargers II. A key sack in those games and we could have been in the playoffs. 
It looks Gruden has been trying to address the D line.  

That being said we should stop messing around with Mariota, cut him, Key whoever else we need to, sign Fuller and Booker and call it a day. Draft a LT in the first round. 
I just saw that Fuller was released.   That would be a great signing but I bet a few teams are after him.  

They were said to be kicking the tires of AJ Green and JuJu. Brought in Brown to replace Agholar (if he remains healthy, that is an upgrade with a lot less cost) and resigned Zay for depth. I wouldn't be shocked for them to still bring in a vet but wouldn't be shocked if they rolled with what they go either. 
Other than cost, brown is not an upgrade to agholor. They have similar stats and brown is disturbingly small, for my tastes.  

Users who are viewing this thread