What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (4 Viewers)

We still have Renfrow.  I think he gets overlooked sometimes.

Brown should be solid.  Hopefully Ruggs and Edwards make a leap.  Renfrow is reliable.  Waller is a monster.  

The key is Ruggs and Edwards making a leap.
I was going to say the same thing about Renfrow as well. 

When I saw Beasley have a great year for Buffalo last year I thought to myself "why can’t Renfrow be like this for the Raiders?" Lean on the dude more. Between him and Waller, we have 2 reliable chain movers who can’t add extra yards with the slants and such over the middle. I’d love to see what it might look like if Renfrow was out there at WR for the majority of the plays instead of just putting him out there on 3rd down. 

Brown should be solid.  Hopefully Ruggs and Edwards make a leap.  Renfrow is reliable.  Waller is a monster.  

They are all YOUNG too. This will be Renfrows 3rd year. Obviously Ruggs and Edwards 2nd. I do believe we will get much more out of Ruggs and I am hopeful for Edwards too. 

Right now it is the same WR corps as last year with just switching Brown for Agholar. But with what should be development and better grasp of the offense. 

I can see them adding a vet WR. If one becomes available for a good price and good talent. Maybe if no one bites on AJ and they think he has something left kind of thing since we did sniff around him earlier. I don't see them drafting one unless a silly value falls into their lap they love. I also can see them staying put. 

Also, I have a gut feeling we sign Ingram. I would be jacked for that. Maybe it is more hope than feeling? I dunno... but I almost expect it to happen. 

agreed - he looked solid last year. 

JuJu still would have been a massive upgrade, but spilled milk at his point. 

Steelers would have been dumb to let him go. 
Juju, even while ignoring the Raiders track record with past Steeler WRs, worried me.  His dancing and social media antics scream 'look at me', 'here for fun only', and worried that he will wake up one morning look at his bank account and move onto reality TV.   Too much risk.   

Renfrow hasn’t been overlooked.    He is a good slot WR but is not that big outside target needed to move the chains.  Brown/Ruggs should stretch the field.  The Raiders are missing the intermediate threat opposite Waller.  

Juju, even while ignoring the Raiders track record with past Steeler WRs, worried me.  His dancing and social media antics scream 'look at me', 'here for fun only', and worried that he will wake up one morning look at his bank account and move onto reality TV.   Too much risk.   
I mean, it’s possible, but dude’s a baller. He moves the chains, willingly goes over the middle, has a Hines Ward toughness to him, doesn’t complain - I dunno. I’d take that over a guy who whines about not getting the ball enough.

I distinctly recall 2 games where he impressed me. The Claypool multi-TD game & the Dionte multi-TD game JuJu was the 1st one to run up & celebrate with them. So while he’s a fun & games guy, he’s not a TO-type me-first head-case. 

I don’t know if he could get worse, but I feel like he’s a guy who loves to play. 

Renfrow hasn’t been overlooked.    He is a good slot WR but is not that big outside target needed to move the chains.  Brown/Ruggs should stretch the field.  The Raiders are missing the intermediate threat opposite Waller.  
I was wondering if they’d be interested in Ertz for that if the price comes down. 

philly asking for a 3rd is absurd. 

TY Hilton, likely gonna stay with INDY

Sammy Watkins, Willie Snead, Danny Amendola - I could see any of those scrap heap guys help LV in the intermediate passing game. 

TY Hilton, likely gonna stay with INDY

Sammy Watkins, Willie Snead, Danny Amendola - I could see any of those scrap heap guys help LV in the intermediate passing game. 
Amendola is a slot guy and done. Renfrow is better. 

Snead hasn't really shown much in his career. 

Watkins is the only one that would make sense. Still young and adds something. 

Snead hasn't really shown much in his career. 

I like Snead more than some - he showed some flashes in NO, and in Baltimore his QB wasn’t big on actually, you know, passing the ball. Better track record of good health than Watkins, who’s been a bit brittle in his career. I think Snead would be a good, cheap option. And hey, as the meme goes, why not both? :shrug:  

Did the Raiders even make him an offer?  He supposedly had offers from the Chiefs and Ravens.  Not sure this speaks to anything more than he wanted to be in Pittsburgh.

Of what? He didn't snub us (at least in the end, I know we did reach out early) he snubbed the Ravens and KC who offered more. 
Fair enough.

However, I’m concerned that players don’t want to play for Gruden  

Juju wasn’t someone, I was super high on.  however, our lack of size at wr,  is concerning. unless Edwards, Jones or more unlikely ateman/doss, steps up, only Waller is above 6’

James extended. Seems they really do believe strongly in the kid and it wasn't just lip service because of Hudson.

The Raiders are expected to also sign former Titans defensive lineman Matt Dickerson to a one-year, $1.25 million contract, per Rapoport.

Rumors are Mariota will restructure and stay with us. 

Let's see how much it goes down to but could be a big win to cut his cap money and stay. Until the last couple of days, I didn't dee that as an option, I was sure it would be trade or cut but the Raiders stayed calm and played this well. 

Rumors are Mariota will restructure and stay with us. 

Let's see how much it goes down to but could be a big win to cut his cap money and stay. Until the last couple of days, I didn't dee that as an option, I was sure it would be trade or cut but the Raiders stayed calm and played this well. 
A restructure would be a win.  For both the team and mariota. Not sure I’d give the front office too much credit. Everyone knew the raiders would need to cut or restructure.  That’s why there were no trade offers. 

There are 4 qb’s on the roster atm. 

DA RAIDERS said:
A restructure would be a win.  For both the team and mariota. Not sure I’d give the front office too much credit. Everyone knew the raiders would need to cut or restructure.  That’s why there were no trade offers. 

There are 4 qb’s on the roster atm. 
Brother, we could win the super bowl.and you stil would be like "well, we won't win back.to back because they suck" 🤣

I like keeping Mariota around and I give the Raiders front office credit for not just releasing him or trading him for a late round pick. 

I like keeping Mariota around and I give the Raiders front office credit for not just releasing him or trading him for a late round pick. 
Agreed.   

Sometimes the best moves are the ones not made.   Cutting Mariota and getting nothing back would have been disappointing.  The Raiders didn’t reach for questionable WRs either.  Not signing AJ Green for 8M is a win. Not signing Golladay to a big contract was a win.   Golladay is great when healthy but his health is a concern and not a roll of the dice that LV can perform this season.  

If Gruden will just use someone else’s draft cheat sheet, this off season could be positive for a change.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The crappy thing would have been cutting Mariota for nothing. 

Trading him for value or keeping on much less money was what we wanted. I really didn't see keeping him being possible but Mayock played this well. Same with the trades on the line... instead of just dumping them, trading them for value. 

Mariota isn't Carr but he can come in and play to keep us in it if Carr gets knocked out of the game like we saw. When he leaves this next offseason, hopefully it works out that we get a draft pick comp for it. 

DA RAIDERS said:
glad they extended him.  i'm very interested in nick martin's role.  and his salary(undisclosed so far)
Competition/insurance/depth is what I get out of it. They like James but didn't want to end up stuck if he does struggle. I think they are confident in James but he bringing in Martin gives flexibility (I know Martin played some G with ND though I believe he has only been C with the Texans). 

Competition/insurance/depth is what I get out of it. They like James but didn't want to end up stuck if he does struggle. I think they are confident in James but he bringing in Martin gives flexibility (I know Martin played some G with ND though I believe he has only been C with the Texans). 
I think Carr must be very confident in James as well. Losing your rock at center is not easy for a QB. They help with all the line calls, some audibles etc, and make sure all protections are correct before the snap. Carr's health depends on him having confidence and a strong working relationship with James going forward. 

Dropping MM from 10 to 3.5 is arguably the best offseason move the Raiders have made. 

I thought he looked really good in place of Carr, and I wish they’d released him so the Niners could have made some sort of offer since they’re desperate for a competent backup.

Dropping MM from 10 to 3.5 is arguably the best offseason move the Raiders have made. 

I thought he looked really good in place of Carr, and I wish they’d released him so the Niners could have made some sort of offer since they’re desperate for a competent backup.
I hate to break it to you but you are still desperate for a QB period. 

I hate to break it to you but you are still desperate for a QB period. 
No need to get nasty now, he did take us to one more Super Bowl than Carr has led the Raiders to, last I checked. ;)  

JimmyG is potentially decent. Health is the only thing holding him back & some of his injuries are of the fluke variety. 

But yes, I would like a competent backup so if he does get hurt or sucks, he can be benched. Right now we got nothin. 

Otherwise I wouldn’t have been looking at a guy like Mariotta like :wub:  

Since the high salary was supposedly scaring teams off, does this mean Mariota is more likely to be traded now than yesterday?  

Since the high salary was supposedly scaring teams off, does this mean Mariota is more likely to be traded now than yesterday?  
I'd say it's a very good possibility unless they don't have a better option at QB2. 

And I will again say that I would love to see him become a Niners. He looked really good in relief last year - made plays with his arm and his legs. Like, "wow!" plays. 

But I'm not sure what the Raiders do for a backup unless they're planning to draft one. And that seems silly since they have Mariotta at a cheap price already. 

No need to get nasty now, he did take us to one more Super Bowl than Carr has led the Raiders to, last I checked. ;)  

JimmyG is potentially decent. Health is the only thing holding him back & some of his injuries are of the fluke variety. 

But yes, I would like a competent backup so if he does get hurt or sucks, he can be benched. Right now we got nothin. 

Otherwise I wouldn’t have been looking at a guy like Mariotta like :wub:  
Not nasty. You guys bought a bag of goods in JimmyG for that 2nd. The Pats raped you. The Niners also got to the Super Bowl with freaking Kaep too.... a strong D and damn good running game can do wonders to hide a QB much of the season and even in playoffs but I don't think you will ever win the SB with Jimmy. 

I lean towards he agreed to the restructure because they were not going to trade him but maybe he did so that they could trade him and he could start somewhere to turn that into a long term contract. I am sure that was all discussed in the negotiations. Mariota may have cost himself that opportunity though by digging in. I think most teams, for better or worse (Chicago and Washington... really?), are set at QB or at least Mariota does not present a clear upgrade enough to trade for. However, come camps and pre-season if there is an injury.... he could be in high demand. 

Not nasty. You guys bought a bag of goods in JimmyG for that 2nd. The Pats raped you. The Niners also got to the Super Bowl with freaking Kaep too.... a strong D and damn good running game can do wonders to hide a QB much of the season and even in playoffs but I don't think you will ever win the SB with Jimmy. 
I was being tongue-in-cheek.

Besides, it wasn't JimmyG who couldn't stop Tyreek on 3rd & 17 in the 4th quarter with the lead. :shrug:  

I lean towards he agreed to the restructure because they were not going to trade him but maybe he did so that they could trade him and he could start somewhere to turn that into a long term contract. I am sure that was all discussed in the negotiations. Mariota may have cost himself that opportunity though by digging in. I think most teams, for better or worse (Chicago and Washington... really?), are set at QB or at least Mariota does not present a clear upgrade enough to trade for. However, come camps and pre-season if there is an injury.... he could be in high demand. 
I still wouldn't be surprised to see the Niners offer a 3rd. 

They're been talking Darnold, so I don't see a huge difference. 

The raiders need mariota. They have peterman and some dude.  At this price, he 100% makes sense.  I can’t see them trading him at this point.  It would have to be a hella good offer. 

The raiders need mariota. They have peterman and some dude.  At this price, he 100% makes sense.  I can’t see them trading him at this point.  It would have to be a hella good offer. 
Yea... I mean, we know how Gruden loves his QBs. I bet Peterman gets "hurt" in training camp and ends up on IR again. 

I'd say it's a very good possibility unless they don't have a better option at QB2. 

And I will again say that I would love to see him become a Niners. He looked really good in relief last year - made plays with his arm and his legs. Like, "wow!" plays. 

But I'm not sure what the Raiders do for a backup unless they're planning to draft one. And that seems silly since they have Mariotta at a cheap price already. 
They quickly resigned Peterman so they are good if MM ends up leaving somehow. Already got a great backup locked up.

Users who are viewing this thread