What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (5 Viewers)

Geez, I think I may be under valuing Snead. All of you seem to hold him in higher esteem than me. 
Snead is a good WR 3 or 4 but he is going to see the field more often than we would like.  Brown and Ruggs will probably miss games due to injury.  Edwards showed very little last season to think that he can be relied upon.  It was a short season and no rookie WRs did any good so maybe he has a chance.   

Snead is a good WR 3 or 4 but he is going to see the field more often than we would like.  Brown and Ruggs will probably miss games due to injury.  Edwards showed very little last season to think that he can be relied upon.  It was a short season and no rookie WRs did any good so maybe he has a chance.   
Justin Jefferson, CeeDee Lamb did pretty good.

Willie Snead details are out...

Willie Snead signed a 1 year, $1,127,500 contract with the Las Vegas Raiders, including a $137,500 signing bonus, $987,500 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,127,500. In 2021, Snead will earn a base salary of $990,000 and a signing bonus of $137,500, while carrying a cap hit of $987,500 and a dead cap value of $987,500.

I'm good with that money/risk.  It was only a year ago that Baltimore signed him to a 1/yr $6M contract, in comparison.

Willie Snead details are out...

Willie Snead signed a 1 year, $1,127,500 contract with the Las Vegas Raiders, including a $137,500 signing bonus, $987,500 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,127,500. In 2021, Snead will earn a base salary of $990,000 and a signing bonus of $137,500, while carrying a cap hit of $987,500 and a dead cap value of $987,500.

I'm good with that money/risk.  It was only a year ago that Baltimore signed him to a 1/yr $6M contract, in comparison.
That is the kind of deal I was hoping for. All in on that. 

The Las Vegas Raiders and OT Kolton Miller have agreed to a three-year extension worth more than $18 million per year, per source. Deal includes $42.6 million guaranteed at signing and goes through 2025 (including a fifth-year option) for ascending tackle.
Awesome news. This is huge if they were able to front load some of the new monies into this year's cap, making the long-term cap costs much less than $18 MM per. Big win for team and player if so.

Awesome news. This is huge if they were able to front load some of the new monies into this year's cap, making the long-term cap costs much less than $18 MM per. Big win for team and player if so.
Whether it does or not, the contract will seem like a huge bargain soon. You lock him in for 5 years, and he's only #5 in money now?  

In two years, he won't be in the top twenty. For real.  If you look at the OTs coming up for contracts, it's gonna get crazy soon.  

Yearly breakout details still TBD, but the total Kolton deal is 5 yrs, $68.7 MM. Over the entire deal, it averages out to $13.74 MM per year. That is damn good business right there, considering they have some extra cap left this year to spread this into, and Trent Willie just signed for $23 MM per!

Any player that took less money. Or only signed a 1 or 2 year deal. For ANY team. Is 100% banking on the EXPLOSION of the salary cap. Any player willing to be extended now, on any team, should be done so immediately.   
YES!  

this is great news.   Salary cap is gonna go bonkers in 23

I been meaning to make a post about what I would like to see with the remaining of Free Agency which includes a restructure/extension for Carr and a couple of guys I would like to bring on and alternatives... but I have been too busy trying to explain to Dave Ramsey fans how they are costing themselves and anyone that listens to them significant money. 

Yearly breakout details still TBD, but the total Kolton deal is 5 yrs, $68.7 MM. Over the entire deal, it averages out to $13.74 MM per year. That is damn good business right there, considering they have some extra cap left this year to spread this into, and Trent Willie just signed for $23 MM per!
What a bargain! Kolton likes being a Raider, that's a positive sign. Nice to see some of the foundation staying in place.

The Las Vegas Raiders and OT Kolton Miller have agreed to a three-year extension worth more than $18 million per year, per source. Deal includes $42.6 million guaranteed at signing and goes through 2025 (including a fifth-year option) for ascending tackle.
Great news indeed. Hopefully seven years from now we won't be talking about how Gruden's first pick ended up being his best one. 😜

Player A played on an $8.5M franchise tag in 2020.

Player A had 239 carries for 955 yards and 10 TD in 2020.

Team B signs Player A to a contract for $3M in 2021 and $8M in 2022 (when the salary cap will skyrocket).

TEH INTERNET SAYZ ZOMGG WTF IS TEAMB DONG THYE MUST BE BORKEN.

If Belichick signs Drake to this contract half the world is licking hit nuts for the brilliance.  We do it and the sky is falling.  Personally I like it a lot.  We signed him to a $5.5M pay cut after almost 1k yards and double digit TD's.  He also had 50 receptions in each of the prior two years to 2020, not sure why ARI never got him going, but he's a huge upgrade over Richard in that role and he can fill Booker's shoes too.  This is a bargain in 2021 and we can solve 2022 later - it might not even be that bad by then.

The OL doesn't look like the greatest development but it might be a case of being proactive and taking a small hit vs. waiting and having it cave in.

Player A played on an $8.5M franchise tag in 2020.

Player A had 239 carries for 955 yards and 10 TD in 2020.

Team B signs Player A to a contract for $3M in 2021 and $8M in 2022 (when the salary cap will skyrocket).

TEH INTERNET SAYZ ZOMGG WTF IS TEAMB DONG THYE MUST BE BORKEN.

If Belichick signs Drake to this contract half the world is licking hit nuts for the brilliance.  We do it and the sky is falling.  Personally I like it a lot.  We signed him to a $5.5M pay cut after almost 1k yards and double digit TD's.  He also had 50 receptions in each of the prior two years to 2020, not sure why ARI never got him going, but he's a huge upgrade over Richard in that role and he can fill Booker's shoes too.  This is a bargain in 2021 and we can solve 2022 later - it might not even be that bad by then.

The OL doesn't look like the greatest development but it might be a case of being proactive and taking a small hit vs. waiting and having it cave in.
agreed.  it just takes away from improving the D.  that's my only issue with it.

My to do list for the team before the draft: 

We extended Miller. That was awesome and smart. I am hoping that it also had a restructure for to free up cap this year and was just not an extension. I am sure they did work in some cap savings. 

I would like to also do the same with Carr. He has two years left but his cost will only go up if we don't do it now. I expect him to have an even better year than last year and with each new mega QB contract done, it will only increase the cost. Again, if we move some money off of this year that can help us get a few more players. Rumors are there have been talks. 

One more extension/restructure. Mad Maxx. I expect him to out do himself this year. With Yannick on the other side and Cle pressuring in the middle on passing downs, Maxx will get plenty of one on ones and his high power motor excels at defeating solo blockers. Free up some cash now, lock him up longer and avoid the extra cost. 

The biggest need, in my view, is a free safety. The base cover 3 as I understand it must have a FS that can play middle field and cover a lot of ground quickly. We currently have Jeff Heath as our starting FS next to Abram and only Leavitt to back up both. We need to add here badly. I like Malik Hooker as being the first look. However, we have to kick the tires on him since he is coming off of an ACL. On the other side, he likely can come cheap for that same reason. Another option which would be safer would be Tre Boston. 

We could use more depth at SS too. Karl Joseph is available. I know, likely some of your will have at me for it but it makes sense. He is a less talented version of Abram with that hard hitting mentality. If Abram goes down, he could come in and the defense would not lose that head hunter edge. 

The next glaring need is RT. It is less of a need than the FS to me as if we end up not having another other option, Good can play there but I would much rather have Good playing in the interior where he excels. The best tackles available are likely either of the ex-Chef tackles both coming off of injury. I would be happy with Villaneuva being brought in. Regardless, I feel we will be looking at tackles early in the draft. 

On the luxury side, I would love to bring in Ingram. Keeping him fresh and free from injury as a rotational player who knows the system. Going with that same theme, I wouldn't mind bringing in Sherman or Hayward as well. Both contingent on being good deals but that should be possible as they are both still available this deep into free agency.  

I feel like if we do these moves then we can go into the draft truly seeking BPA for scheme and not chase need. 

Outside of Ingram, I am not sure there are any LBs that I would really care to add. Maybe Kwon Alexander? 
any warm body, that's played in NFL?  they have 4 dudes you've heard of.  and 4 dudes, with a total of 9 tackles in the NFL.   :oldunsure:

i'll say it again, JoK makes the most sense at 17.  which means, it won't happen.

lot of the info in this article, is why i'm not in love with the drake signing.  i didn't know the raiders are the only team with 2 rbs with 10M+ guaranteed.  

article

drake is upbeat about his role, but of course he is.  gruden is being tricksy gruden.   :rolleyes:

lot of the info in this article, is why i'm not in love with the drake signing.  i didn't know the raiders are the only team with 2 rbs with 10M+ guaranteed.  

article

drake is upbeat about his role, but of course he is.  gruden is being tricksy gruden.   :rolleyes:
Gruden is so far behind the game.  He’s collecting running backs while the D can’t stop anyone.    The secondary is still horrible.  

Just a few more years and he will be gone.  

Kolton Miller contract details are out...

Under his rookie deal, Miller would have had a cap number of just over $4 million in 2021 and around $11 million in 2022. Those numbers have now blown up to $13.4 million in 2021 and $16.8 in 2022. The good news for the team, though, is that Miller’s cap numbers over the following three years drop to $14.2 million (2023), $12.3 million (2024), and $12.3 million (2025). The Raiders can also cut or trade him at any point after 2022 without the consequence of any dead money.
This is damn good business right here. Front load the deal right now, since they had extra cap space to work with; and then be setup to pay him relative cap peanuts in '23-25. This only works for character guys who won't then pout and/or hold out if they outperform the deal down the line. Seems like Miller is one of those, so good for him (to lock up a huge immediate pay raise) and for the team (to lock up long-term value and cap flexibility with an ascending premium-position player).

nick martin's deal has been posted.   another win for the raiders.  1 year deal.  1.75M  250K cap hit, if cut.  i think this guy is a steal.  hopefully, he can play G, as well as be the back up center.

who do you think is making these good deals?  gruden or mayock?  i think mayock, but i'm biased.  i can't see gruden getting involved in salary negotiations.

article

NAMETEAMGUARANTEED MONEY

Ezekiel ElliottCowboys$50,052,137

Christian McCaffreyPanthers$36,346,412

Alvin KamaraSaints$34,333,333

Saquon BarkleyGiants$31,194,750

Dalvin CookVikings$28,131,361

Derrick HenryTitans$25,500,000

Austin EkelerChargers$15,000,000

Melvin GordonBroncos$13,500,000

Aaron JonesPackers$13,000,000

Josh JacobsRaiders$11,933,398

Tarik CohenBears$11,782,667

Kenyan DrakeRaiders$11,000,000

Joe MixonBengals$10,000,000
Eh, if you look at that list of RBs, I think I'd take the Jacobs/Drake $23 MM combo over most of the contracts on the list. Note, I said contracts, not players. In the upside scenario, the Jacobs/Drake combo performance could easily match the top players on this list, or at least come reasonably close at a fraction of the cost. Eww, that Zeke deal.

Eh, if you look at that list of RBs, I think I'd take the Jacobs/Drake $23 MM combo over most of the contracts on the list. Note, I said contracts, not players. In the upside scenario, the Jacobs/Drake combo performance could easily match the top players on this list, or at least come reasonably close at a fraction of the cost. Eww, that Zeke deal.
agreed.  in a vacuum, i'm stoked to have drake on the team.  but the D needed/needs so much help.  and if tricksy gruden has him returning kicks and playing wr, does it make sense?  and don't forget the 3.5M for richard.   :shrug:  

Kolton Miller contract details are out...

This is damn good business right here. Front load the deal right now, since they had extra cap space to work with; and then be setup to pay him relative cap peanuts in '23-25. This only works for character guys who won't then pout and/or hold out if they outperform the deal down the line. Seems like Miller is one of those, so good for him (to lock up a huge immediate pay raise) and for the team (to lock up long-term value and cap flexibility with an ascending premium-position player).
I would have liked more room in 2021 but long term, no doubt. Huge win.

Last edited by a moderator:
The unpopular pick at #17 would be Kadarius Toney. He's a shifty, Swiss Army knife WR perfect for Gruden's scheme and would make an excellent check down target for Carr. 
I just took a look at some hilites of this guy. He looks more like THill than Ruggs ever will. I could actually see Gruden taking this dude and hoping they'll win a lot of 50-48 games. If not with the 20th pick, then moving up to get another 1.

And I could definitely see the Chiefs taking him at 31 if he's still there or perhaps moving up as well. Lord have mercy if that happens.

I just took a look at some hilites of this guy. He looks more like THill than Ruggs ever will. I could actually see Gruden taking this dude and hoping they'll win a lot of 50-48 games. If not with the 20th pick, then moving up to get another 1.

And I could definitely see the Chiefs taking him at 31 if he's still there or perhaps moving up as well. Lord have mercy if that happens.
Not seeing Hill in his highlights. Mecole Hardman, yes. Tyreek the Freak, no. Nowhere near enough in that reel to make him worth taking over an impact defender for the Raiders IMO.

Speaking of which, I am all over Jaycee Horn lately. I know CB isn't a need. But that dude is the safest player in the class if you are looking for an instant elite defender. If he slips to 17, I really hope Grudock throw out their need board and take him as the by far BPA.

If the Chiefs don't invest in their line they are morons who are going to get their best asset killed. 

Ed Wood said:

He's such a Gruden pick though. Kadarius is exactly the kind of player they hoped they would get when they screwed up and drafted Bowden last year.

Ed Wood said:

His highlights are a blast. Anyone who hasn't YouTubed, I recommend.

I don't think he's a 1st round pick.  WRs that don't do anything till senior year have a really bad track record in the NFL.  

Why is an athlete like this unable to gain any market share at Florida until 4 years in?  

I don't think he's a 1st round pick.  WRs that don't do anything till senior year have a really bad track record in the NFL.  

Why is an athlete like this unable to gain any market share at Florida until 4 years in?  
Agree.   The Raiders don’t need gimmick players.   They need to fill holes on D and the o line.  This type of player is fun to take in later rounds when you are just rolling the dice.   Gruden seems to roll the dice against the odds with every pick which is why his drafts are failures. 

:shrug: Some guy with SI has the 9ers interested at 12 (and 43), Washington at 19, Indy at 21 and the Chiefs at 31. I agree between the lack of production years 1-3 and just one year of standout ball, he'd be a gamble going that high.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/where-does-florida-gators-kadarius-toney-land-2021-nfl-draft

ICON211 said:
Good call and I'd be cool with bringing him back.  
We signed him. Obviously I am happy. Good depth as a SS and can fill in at FS (I seem to remember him playing some the first go round with us) I still want a true FS to start though. Maybe we look for one in the 2nd?

We signed him. Obviously I am happy. Good depth as a SS and can fill in at FS (I seem to remember him playing some the first go round with us) I still want a true FS to start though. Maybe we look for one in the 2nd?
insurance for capt concussion?  

there are still only 4 lbs, with any significant game experience.  ESPN has said capt concussion, listed as a lb.  weird.

really hoping they pull in another lb, with some experience.

insurance for capt concussion?  

there are still only 4 lbs, with any significant game experience.  ESPN has said capt concussion, listed as a lb.  weird.

really hoping they pull in another lb, with some experience.
Did he have a history of them in college? I only remember one from this year?

Users who are viewing this thread