What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (2 Viewers)

I wonder if Peterson could and would be interested in making a late career change to safety.
He has publicly stated he would. That's the only role I see for him. I think he's lost a key step as a CB. Sherman the same.

Problem is now Raiders are back to being a stinky destination for any 'value' free agents, due to the awful headlines this week. Likely have to overpay to draw them in, and that means back to depending on guys who are playing for the money moreso than the passion. They're rolling the ball uphill, once again, sadly.

Yes, because they let a 42 year old QB walk, with a declining offense on a team that wouldn’t have won Jack with him. Instead they got reclamation project Cam Newton on the cheap & didn’t win the same Jack, but for cheaper. 

Brady walked to a team that was essentially a QB away from being incredible. Plug and play. They won a super bowl because they were a compete team. Your implication seems to be that if Brady stays in NE he wins a super bowl? I’m skeptical, but you’re entitled to that opinion I guess.  

It’s a pretty terrible comparison.  
They didn't let him walk... he wanted out. The.(Gawd, I hate you for making me say this) best QB ever because even after all that success the team couldn't keep him happy. It wasn't part of a plan, the cap hot hamstrung them. 

Point being, since I have to obviously spell it out, things happen to all teams, all the time with personalities clash etc. There are plenty of examples of this with successful teams and star players leaving. 

Get over yourself 

They didn't let him walk... he wanted out. The.(Gawd, I hate you for making me say this) best QB ever because even after all that success the team couldn't keep him happy. It wasn't part of a plan, the cap hot hamstrung them. 

Point being, since I have to obviously spell it out, things happen to all teams, all the time with personalities clash etc. There are plenty of examples of this with successful teams and star players leaving. 

Get over yourself 
It was a terrible comparison dude. Ive been there. I get it. Hard to back down after such a thing. Just take the L. The Pats were not a “successful team” at the time. They were garbage & went cheap with Cam, knowing they’d be garbage. 

The situations weren’t remotely analogous. 

Insert Simpsons youtriedcake.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of any of the above solutions, so I'm thinking best option is going to come from the draft. That stinks though, because the best drafts come from taking BPA, not being desperately needy at particular positions. :(
I agree, but they also might get lucky & have OL talent fall to their position - while it might not be ideal if something of greater perceived value is on the board (the need > talent issue you mentioned) if they can address other needs during FA, at the end of the day it might be better that they didn’t pay $138M for a 33 year old tackle. :shrug:  

Vic Tafur

@VicTafur

·

10m

Denzelle Good and the Raiders meet in the middle. Can play guard or right tackle well.

Quote Tweet

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

· 12m

The #Raiders are re-signing OL Denzelle Good to a 2-year deal, source said. So with all the likely departures, they keep one home.

It was a terrible comparison dude. Ive been there. I get it. Hard to back down after such a thing. Just take the L. The Pats were not a “successful team” at the time. They were garbage & went cheap with Cam, knowing they’d be garbage. 

The situations weren’t remotely analogous. 

Insert Simpsons youtriedcake.gif
I'd kill to have an unsuccessful 12-4 team.

NFL Network reporting Raiders are actually trading Hudson to Arizona. No details as of yet other than swapping draft picks. Which picks, I have no clue.

So at the moment they have as potential starters:

LT Miller

OG Good/Simpson

C James

OG Incognito/Simpson 

RT Parker/Good/Young??

My goodness, what a difference a few hours makes this week, lol.

If they can somehow swing a 3rd for Jackson + their 6th, this week will go from zero to hero. 
For a buying team after what Thuney got, that could look dang appealing. 

For a buying team after what Thuney got, that could look dang appealing. 
Exactly. Thuney signed for $16 MM per. Gabe is locked up at $9.6 MM per for the next two seasons. He's a relative bargain for a contending team looking to immediately boost their OL!!

So at the moment they have as potential starters:

LT Miller

OG Good/Simpson

C James

OG Incognito/Simpson 

RT Parker/Good/Young??
So.... back where we were before all the drama.... 

What are we going to do with that RT spot. Good held up at RT when forced but that is not his natural spot. Long is off meeting with the Chefs but I wouldn't want him at RT either. Reiff maybe?

Also, we have talked to Young (reported) about coming back but I don't believe we have brought him back. I rather not. He was not good when in and would get immediately hurt and knocked out anyways. 

Funny how if the Hudson for a 3rd trade had been announced yesterday, I'm sure we'd all have been pretty upset. Not completely dumbfounded like we were yesterday, but still at arms about trading Rock Hudson for just a 3rd. Yet here we are today high fiving over getting the 3rd and keeping him away from the Chiefs, lol.

:perspective:

Funny how if the Hudson for a 3rd trade had been announced yesterday, I'm sure we'd all have been pretty upset. Not completely dumbfounded like we were yesterday, but still at arms about trading Rock Hudson for just a 3rd. Yet here we are today high fiving over getting the 3rd and keeping him away from the Chiefs, lol.

:perspective:
I try to help all ya'll drama Queens keep perspective. And apparently fail. Miserably.  :lmao:

(but to be fair the above totally nails me.... I was not happy and now I am)

Need to address OT, DT, FS and slot CB still, but,

If we can't find suitables to take salary slots to adequately fill the above roster holes, I wouldn't be mad at signing JuJu Smith-Shuster to a team friendly deal. Dude is only 24 and still has solid upside. I think he'd be a very nice compliment to Ruggs in the Crabtree role. In theory Edwards is on deck for that role, but I don't trust that guy at all to stay on the field.

Ok.... so recap today so far.....

Signed

Zay Jones

Jonathan Hankins

John Brown

Denzell Good

Nicholas Morrow

Richie Incognito

Traded Hudson and a 7th for a 3rd 

Did I miss anything?

Need to address OT, DT, FS and slot CB still, but,

If we can't find suitables to take salary slots to adequately fill the above roster holes, I wouldn't be mad at signing JuJu Smith-Shuster to a team friendly deal. Dude is only 24 and still has solid upside. I think he'd be a very nice compliment to Ruggs in the Crabtree role. In theory Edwards is on deck for that role, but I don't trust that guy at all to stay on the field.
I rank our needs FS, RT, CB, and DT. 

We got to bring in a FS that can range. My understanding, which is not expert level by no means, on the Cover 3 is that it will be successful or not depending on that FS who can cover a lot of ground. We do not have that at all right now. 

We need someone to plug into the RT that will not be abused. Getting Good and Incognito back shores up that middle with Simpson providing depth. James should hold up. Miller is solid. Get a decent RT and our Oline shouldn't miss a beat and should let the young buck WR's grow.

I went back and forth on the CD vs DT. DT was my biggest want before but getting Yannick means Clelin will kick in to the middle on passing downs which puts less of a burden on getting one in my mind. I would love to see Robertson fill that role but we saw NOTHING from him even when we were thin on CB's last year so we need someone there. A disruptive DT is more of a luxury now.... one I would still want but Hankins in on run downs and putting Hurst in next to Clelin on passing downs works for me. Rotate someone else in that is decent and I am good there. 

Jackson confirmed not cut and instead on the trading block.
I was thinking 'done deals' type but that is a major development for sure. Hopefully we get something just because of Thuney. Otherwise, I don't think we would have much of a chance. 

Also if Hassan Reddick lingers, I wouldn't mind punting Arden Key and Brandon Parker (freeing up $4.5 MM) to take a team-friendly swing at Reddick. HR was a one-yr wonder but he's a young former first rounder, and has at least shown something in the NFL - most recently at that. Key and Parker are scholarship bums. If Reddick would take something like $7 per for three years, with only the first year guaranteed, I wouldn't be mad. Can't have enough young edge rushers who can actually get to the QB.

:cough, Key can't, cough:

Also if Hassan Reddick lingers, I wouldn't mind punting Arden Key and Brandon Parker (freeing up $4.5 MM) to take a team-friendly swing at Reddick. HR was a one-yr wonder but he's a young former first rounder, and has at least shown something in the NFL - most recently at that. Key and Parker are scholarship bums. If Reddick would take something like $7 per for three years, with only the first year guaranteed, I wouldn't be mad. Can't have enough young edge rushers who can actually get to the QB.

:cough, Key can't, cough:
Just signed by Carolina...

Interesting.

Vic Tafur

@VicTafur

·

3m

And it's done. Solomon Thomas for one year for $5 million. #Raiders love former first-rounders.

Quote Tweet

Troy Renck

@TroyRenck

· 11m

Hearing #Raiders closing in on signing Solomon Thomas. Former top pick with 49ers looking for fresh start. #Denver7

Interesting.

Vic Tafur

@VicTafur

·

3m

And it's done. Solomon Thomas for one year for $5 million. #Raiders love former first-rounders.

Quote Tweet

Troy Renck

@TroyRenck

· 11m

Hearing #Raiders closing in on signing Solomon Thomas. Former top pick with 49ers looking for fresh start. #Denver7
Interesting.... high risk, high reward. I like this one.

Users who are viewing this thread