What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (1 Viewer)

Stop.  

I love you like a brother, but come on dude. 

Gruden is an insufferable, arrogant, ### clown. There is no way on earth, that an established qb, is coming to the raiders. just to be told what to do.  Not goin* to happen. 

It’s all leverage.

You really think Aaron Rodgers wants to play for Gruden?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

russel wilson? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

For the sorry ### raiders, that have ZERO defense?
Stop what?  Russell Wilson gave four teams he was interested in being traded to.  He didn't have to name the Raiders as one of them.  

Great QBs have plenty of teams that want them.  These guys are choosing the Raiders as one of the teams they would play for, including Brady last year.

You may be right about some of the things you say about Gruden, but saying any of the big name QBs need the Raiders for leverage is dead wrong.

I think references to wanting to play for the Raiders may have just as much to do with State taxes as it does anything else.
Although I agree this is a selling point there is a few of things to consider. 1) Nevada isn't the only state with an NFL team with no income tax. 2) These are not guys who are just wanting to collect a paycheck 3) The only team common on these short list were the Raiders

Not sure I see these two moves pointing to dysfunction.   Nor do I use my position to say that that there isn't dysfunction in the organization.  People retire and resign from work all the time.  Might just be that simple.   

The president has a 30 year career under his belt, and just finished building a remarkable stadium.   Have to imagine that there is weight and truth in his own statement of wanting to spend more time with his family. 

As for a positional coach retiring, an honest question, at what point in the season makes the most sense?  I'd suspect before the draft. But prior to training camp is also ideal.  

Not sure I see these two moves pointing to dysfunction.   Nor do I use my position to say that that there isn't dysfunction in the organization.  People retire and resign from work all the time.  Might just be that simple.   

The president has a 30 year career under his belt, and just finished building a remarkable stadium.   Have to imagine that there is weight and truth in his own statement of wanting to spend more time with his family. 

As for a positional coach retiring, an honest question, at what point in the season makes the most sense?  I'd suspect before the draft. But prior to training camp is also ideal.  
True, and you see it with players all the time that retire at maybe not the best planned times. Perhaps he just woke up one day and said, you know what... I don't want to grind anymore. 

I am not going to use my bias to say it is or isn't. The two departures do seem to raise questions but hardly any answers.

Stop.  

I love you like a brother, but come on dude. 

Gruden is an insufferable, arrogant, ### clown. There is no way on earth, that an established qb, is coming to the raiders. just to be told what to do.  Not goin* to happen. 

It’s all leverage.

You really think Aaron Rodgers wants to play for Gruden?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

russel wilson? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

For the sorry ### raiders, that have ZERO defense?
You forgot Brady bro

My opinion of Gruden hasn’t changed either.  Raider fans better be ok with losing until Gruden is gone and things have a chance of getting better.  Gruden cannot build a team.  
Odd... I see a young team that has been around a powerful offense (proven) and what will be a much improved defense (to be seen). 

Davis' right hand man suddenly retires... Gruden sees an opportunity for more power in the organization.

RB coach, same thing. Gruden has a master plan for Jacobs, Drake and Richard. With or without a positional coach. More control for Gruden. 

This is bad for Gruden haters, but for everyone else, it shouldn't be a big deal.  Now if Cable or Bradley suddenly retire tomorrow, then we have issues!

I'm nervous guys.

An executive I've never heard of just retired.

Oh man, it's even worse than that. 

Looks like he "suddenly" retired. 

Oh man. This can't be good. Someone we have never discussed won't be around any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
massraider said:
I'm nervous guys.

An executive I've never heard of just retired.

Oh man, it's even worse than that. 

Looks like he "suddenly" retired. 

Oh man. This can't be good. Someone we have never discussed won't be around any more.
You win the day good sir

Rumors swirling that the exec who resigned is going to work for the Oakland A's to help expedite their relocation to possibly Vegas. He's got the experience now.

We have placed Divine Deablo and Isaiah Johnson on the Active/Physically Unable To Perform List.

We have placed Devery Hamilton on the Non-Football Illness List.

We have placed Darius Stills on the Non-Football Injury List.

We have placed Divine Deablo and Isaiah Johnson on the Active/Physically Unable To Perform List.

We have placed Devery Hamilton on the Non-Football Illness List.

We have placed Darius Stills on the Non-Football Injury List.
Any clue why deablo and stills are on there?  I was looking forward to seeing them play 

Cynthia Frelund piece on most improved production on each AFC team. 

Ours is Ruggs:

Demonstrated perimeter speed and an increase in opportunity drive Ruggs' potential to take a big step forward in 2021. Both of Ruggs' 2020 touchdowns came off deep passes, an area in which he caught five of 14 passes for 245 yards (NGS). When targeted, Ruggs' route running became more precise on longer routes (I tracked timing per route and separation) as the 2020 season progressed, which is a clue that he should continue to improve in 2021. Off the ball, Ruggs will continue to draw defenders to him and create space for others.

Any clue why deablo and stills are on there?  I was looking forward to seeing them play 
No, Deablo and Johnson are said to be ready for camp. 

Stills posted on his Twitter something along the lines of "Don't worry"

It doesn't sound serious for any and I would guess it is more about roster space management than any serious issues.

The team announced the signing of punter Corliss Waitman. Kicker Dominik Eberle was waived in a corresponding move.

Waitman spent the 2020 offseason with the Steelers. He was not drafted after finishing his time at South Alabama. He averaged 41.7 yards per kick in his 38 games for the school.

A.J. Cole handled the punting duties for the Raiders the last two seasons and he was the only punter on the roster before Monday’s move.

Eberle’s departure leaves Daniel Carlson as the only kicker for Las Vegas as training camp gets underway this week.

Raiders WR Henry Ruggs added 13 pounds this offseason

By Levi Damien | 12:25 pm PT

“I feel like myself I’m motivated to do some big things this year,” said Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs III.

The 12th overall pick and first receiver taken in the 2020 draft did not do big things as a rookie. Jon Gruden describes Ruggs as a “difference-maker”, but you don’t take a receiver that high only to see him play decoy. You also don’t draft him to be one-dimensional.

Ruggs was known as a speed guy coming out of Alabama. A deep threat. And not much else. Gruden clearly sees Ruggs as his version of Tyreek Hill who is a speed guy, but a whole lot more than that. Ruggs’s answer? Bulk up.

The 5-11, 188-pounder says he packed on 13 pounds, which would put him at over 200 pounds currently.

“It was my main focus,” Ruggs said of his weight gain. It’s a man’s game now. I’m not the biggest guy, but I have to get to where I can compete with grown men now, so that was one of my biggest things that I hammered on was getting bigger, eating all the time and just hammering down in the weight room. People are saying I am noticeably bigger, so I guess it’s paying off.”

Ruggs is making a distinction between what he was able to accomplish at the college ranks and what clearly was a shock to his system at the pro level. It’s a good sign that he is recognizing that he isn’t simply going about things as he always did, but that he needed to make changes.

As you might expect, Ruggs doesn’t think the weight game will affect his speed. As he put it, he made sure to continue to focus in the weight room on “the little guy things”

The main area of the game that had Ruggs bulking up was to improve as a blocker. And he says it was mostly personal.

“Sometimes if I’m blocking I’m just like getting in the way and sometimes I’m moved out of the way and I didn’t like that personally, so I don’t want to be a guy who’s just thrown around and just trying to be in the way,” Ruggs added.

Head coach Jon Gruden said this week that the Raiders will continue to build the offense around tight end Darren Waller and he will look to the wide receivers on the team to take pressure off of his Pro Bowl tight end. Ruggs can do that by becoming more of a threat to the opposing defenses.

The question now is if packing on some muscle mass will help him with that. He hadn’t shown much of his world-class speed last season, but part of that was his inability to shed defenders. Some play strength could serve him well in that aspect. From there it will be about separating. That’s when we’ll see if his added weight has affected his speed.

ICON211 said:
If Drake had COVID wouldn't he go on the reserve/COVID list?  I think Drake is dealing with something else.  I think the NFI list is for stuff like showing up to camp with frostbitten feet.
This is a ridiculous, far fetched scenario. Please take this unrealistic trash to the FFA forum!

Plenty of solid vets to consider for RB4.  Bring on Duke Johnson IMO.  Likely they'll look to a cheap UDFA type guy though and not a vested veteran.

Sam Young called it quits too. I feel like he was talked out of retirement last year by Gruden anyway. 

Looks like Jones-Smith will be the back up LT unless he completely flops in preseason.
He looked awful every 5 minutes they put him in before he got hurt and had to be replaced. 

Do we need a retirement tracker?

Front Office:  2
Coaches:  1
Players:  3
The second FO guy seems pretty closely connected with the President that left. 

The coach was surprising as to the timing but it isn't like he was young. 

One RB that is 30 and good chance not making the roster... one back up Olineman who I think retired or was going to and was talked out of it.... and one LB that most likely would not have made the roster. 

Raiders' Tanner Muse 'getting a good look' at OLB due to his speed, athleticism

When the Raiders had three picks in the third round of the 2020 NFL Draft, general manager Mike Mayock said that if he did his job correctly, each selection could yield a starting player.

Mayock likely wished he hadn’t said that after the Raiders abruptly traded one of those picks, wide receiver Lynn Bowden Jr., before Bowden played a snap for Las Vegas.

Another 2020 third-rounder, WR Bryan Edwards, is indeed slated to start in 2021, as he was last season. But Edwards has much to prove after catching just 11 passes in 12 games as a rookie.

The third of Mayock’s potential starters from last year’s draft is linebacker Tanner Muse. A safety while at Clemson, the Raiders converted him to LB and placed him on injured reserve with a toe injury last season. But now, with new defensive coordinator Gus Bradley taking the helm, Muse is getting a shot at starting in the Raiders’ 4-3 “base” defense, according to multiple reports and confirmed by coach Jon Gruden.

“[Muse] hasn’t won that spot yet,” Gruden said during media availability on Tuesday. “He’s getting a good look. His speed and athleticism are what we think is conducive to that position, the [OLB] position. So, he’s doing some good things. We aren’t in enough base to really see him yet, but that will continue to emerge as the next couple weeks unfold.”

While this isn’t a glowing review of Muse’s camp thus far, any positive sign from him is noteworthy at this point. He struggled mightily at training camp last season.

And as Gruden said, the Raiders haven’t played much 4-3 yet. Plus, Bradley is expected to use his nickel defense as his base alignment during the regular season, deploying just two linebackers, likely to be a mixture of Nicholas Morrow, Nick Kwiatkoski and Cory Littleton.

But Muse owns a 4.41-second time in the 40-yard dash. That’s surely part of what made Mayock pull the trigger in the third round, and it’s caught Gruden’s eye in Henderson thus far. With Bradley’s simpler scheme, as opposed to last year’s Raiders, Muse can potentially step in sooner than expected.

If Muse wins the first-team spot at a position that rarely sees the field, does that count as one of the starters Mayock daydreamed about before the 2020 draft? Hard to say. But it’s easy to realize that the Raiders’ draft picks have to start producing, and Muse has emerged out of nowhere to become a player to watch.

The Las Vegas Raiders hosted veteran defensive tackle Gerald McCoy for a visit, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. McCoy, 33, has spent the past year rehabbing after suffering a ruptured quadriceps in August as a member of the Cowboys. The multi-time All-Pro and Pro Bowl DT last played for the Panthers in 2019, starting all 16 games and tallying 37 tackles, five sacks and 13 QB hits. 

Users who are viewing this thread