What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (5 Viewers)

Agreed on OL- and LB-depth being potentially major, even season-derailing issues.

Eff Brown and maybe even Snead too. Keep Stoner. For his game and name.

Sol Thomas is a dud. Would rather have kept Mo Hurst, even tho he's hurt now and might be cut by SF. ~$3MM guaranteed to sign Sol is a head scratcher at this point. I hope they don't cut McCoy to make room for this guy.

Ditto for Carl Nassib. Was hoping the weight of coming out would fix that dude (dud), but nope... He has big-contract disease IMO, and the restructure seems dumber upon dumb.

Lawson, Leavitt, Nixon, even Joseph and Richard all look very expendable to me.

Nassib's restructure is a net zero we were going to eat it anyway.  Pushing $5M into next year gives us $5M free to use this year.  If we don't use it we roll it, cancelling out what we pushed.  Agree that the overall contract is a huge fail but we've made that bed already, this is just choosing a side to lie in.

Disagree a lot on John Brown.  That's a guy that can be a big security blanket if the young guys don't step up and if they do he's phenomenal depth.  He'll probably miss some time here and there that's what he does but when he plays he's always been someone the defense has to account for.

Disagree a lot on John Brown.  That's a guy that can be a big security blanket if the young guys don't step up and if they do he's phenomenal depth.  He'll probably miss some time here and there that's what he does but when he plays he's always been someone the defense has to account for.
I am not advocaring we cut him, I am just reading the tea leaves. Snead looks like he solidified his spot to back up Renfrow. 

Brown has apparently not been available in camp etc and played this last game when pretty much no one we know for sure will make the squad did. 

Who is our return man? I don't see one at all except Stoner or Turner. If we keep one of them, who gets cut? 

There are more hard decisions to make this year than I can remember... which is a good thing as we have improved our depth. 

pride comes before the fall.  

guys that gruden goes after and gives good money to, ain't going anywhere.  thomas was a reeeaaaccchhhh, especially at that price, he'll play.  injuries are the only way gruden saves face.  a la ty williams.  nassib was huge mistake before he came out. with his contract, there was almost no way he gets cut before.  now?  never.  brown's not going anywhere.  he was brought in to be the wr 1.  gruden doesn't trust ruggs.  i don't either.

the lack of starters playing in the preseason, really screws with the our ability to see what's going on.  IMHO, any "starter" that didn't play in the pre season, is guaranteed to make the roster.

IMO anyone playing in the last preseason game is in danger of being cut. I would not be surprised one bit if Brown is cut. Stoner got a lot of press this preseason, but I think Turner has more PR abilities (at least from what I thought I saw). Stoner is great PS material, along with Ragas. If Richard can play this season, he'll make the roster.

IMO anyone playing in the last preseason game is in danger of being cut. 
this is a good point.  i doubt brown gets the axe.  it would cost 3M and make gruden look dumb.

looking at the salary cap on spotrac, cutting stoner, costs 120K.  bump him up the list.  and it's interesting, all the scrub back up OL have no cap hit.  except parker 264K, simpson 597K(not really a scrub), martin 240K and morrissey 114K(good agent, right there)

don't know why this stuff interests me, but it does.   :shrug:   hopefully i'm reading the website correctly.   :lmao:  

joseph.  whoa!

doss(good riddance)

stoner

vickers

hamilton

cotton(OL looking thiner and thiner)

groshek

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a good point.  i doubt brown gets the axe.  it would cost 3M and make gruden look dumb.

looking at the salary cap on spotrac, cutting stoner, costs 120K.  bump him up the list.  and it's interesting, all the scrub back up OL have no cap hit.  except parker 264K, simpson 597K(not really a scrub), martin 240K and morrissey 114K(good agent, right there)

don't know why this stuff interests me, but it does.   :shrug:   hopefully i'm reading the website correctly.   :lmao:  
I like how you hedge your bets. 

If Gruden keeps him he is dumb. If he cuts him he is dumb. 🤣

At least you are consistent. 

joseph.  whoa!

doss(good riddance)

stoner

vickers

hamilton

cotton(OL looking thiner and thiner)

groshek
Joseph was hurt much during camp and played the last game. 

Any players cut will either have played in that game or were hurt and could not play in it. 

Just had the reminder via Twitter that Lawson is suspended for the first 2 games, so the Raiders don't have to count him towards the 53. 

I like how you hedge your bets. 

If Gruden keeps him he is dumb. If he cuts him he is dumb. 🤣

At least you are consistent. 
gruden is dumb.  hth

regarding brown being cut, it makes gruden look dumb to the masses.  not me.  gruden is a sensitive dude.  his image is important to him.

not sure where you see me hedging my bets, re brown, in that post.   :shrug:  

after the 5 starters(one of whom is hurt atm), simpson has looked good.  martin and morrissey have looked OK.  the talking heads say morrrissey can play G.  parker and smith have looked marginal at T.  and they're the only ones listed as backups at T.  cotton, omameh, poutasi, have looked pretty bad(against the 3rd string) zero memory of erlinger.  so maybe that's a good thing.  

as always, wtf do i know. :)  
@Chadstroma

i need to keep putting "as always, wtf do i know", at the end of my posts.

Brown requested his release and it was granted.  Bye John. 
wow.  good call, by those that made it.  no way i thought the raiders would eat that salary.  i wonder if he gave some back, since he wanted out.

and what does that say about the wr room?  good or bad.

wow.  good call, by those that made it.  no way i thought the raiders would eat that salary.  i wonder if he gave some back, since he wanted out.

and what does that say about the wr room?  good or bad.

I'd like to believe it means that he doesn't see a way for him to contribute or get a chance to contribute because of the players in front of him... :GlassHalfFull:

a blurb i saw on the tweeters.  players that are going on the IR have to be on the 53 man roster.  once placed on IR, the team can then bring back some of the cuts.   :shrug:  

DA RAIDERS said:
carr, mariota, gruden's boy toy

jacobs, drake, richardragas, ingold

ruggs, edwards, brown, renfrow, snead, jones

waller, moreau, carrier

miller, parker, incognito, simpson, james, martin, good, omameh, leatherwood

ngakoue, ferrell, crosby, nassib, koonce

hankins, jefferson, psilon, thomas, mccoy

littleton, perryman, morrow, kwiat, muse, deablo, bilal, white

haywood, arnette, hobbs, mullen, robinson

moehrig, Abrams, joseph, gillespie

carlson, cole, seig

my guesses.  woefully thin at OL and LB.  a starter is going to have to return kicks.
i was incorrect on the green.  red could still go to IR

DA RAIDERS said:
carr, mariota, gruden's boy toy

jacobs, drake, richardragas, ingold

ruggs, edwards, brown, renfrow, snead, jones

waller, moreau, carrier

miller, parker, incognito, simpson, james, martin, good, omameh, leatherwood

ngakoue, ferrell, crosby, nassib, koonce

hankins, jefferson, psilon, thomas, mccoy

littleton, perryman, morrow, kwiat, muse, deablo, bilal, white

haywood, arnette, hobbs, mullen, robinson

moehrig, Abrams, joseph, gillespie

carlson, cole, seig

my guesses.  woefully thin at OL and LB.  a starter is going to have to return kicks.
i was incorrect on the green.  red could still go to IR
Keep in mind that a few of these cuts will be brought back once they IR the guys they want to.    No one is going to pick up most of those guys before tomorrow.

Keep in mind that a few of these cuts will be brought back once they IR the guys they want to.    No one is going to pick up most of those guys before tomorrow.
four posts up ;)  

and for sure.  if richard goes on IR, i fully expect one of the rbs back.

anyone know what the difference between released and waived?

four posts up ;)  

and for sure.  if richard goes on IR, i fully expect one of the rbs back.

anyone know what the difference between released and waived?
No difference in the action by the team, they are all technically just "released".  Some players (non vested veterans, all players after trade deadline) are subsequently subject to a waiver claim period in which teams can make claims and resume the terms of the current contract but the rest are immediately available to sign to a new contract.

No difference in the action by the team, they are all technically just "released".  Some players (non vested veterans, all players after trade deadline) are subsequently subject to a waiver claim period in which teams can make claims and resume the terms of the current contract but the rest are immediately available to sign to a new contract.
so, if a waived player is picked up immediately, the new team, inherits the contract?  taking the raiders off the hook for the money?  

brown and joseph cost 4M in cap space.  i'm hoping some of the brown money is going to be forgiven, because he asked for his release.

eta:  as always, wtf do i know? ;)  

Last edited by a moderator:
so, if a waived player is picked up immediately, the new team, inherits the contract?  taking the raiders off the hook for the money?  

brown and joseph cost 4M in cap space.  i'm hoping some of the brown money is going to be forgiven, because he asked for his release.

eta:  as always, wtf do i know? ;)  
If they are subject to waivers and a team claims them via that process, yes, but remember not all players are subject to waivers.  That's why guys still on rookie deals are so valuable, if you claim them you get the remaining terms of that contract.  Kahale Waring for example:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/kahale-warring-29122/

He was waived by HOU and claimed by NEP, who waived him and he was claimed by IND.  They now have the remaining terms of his rookie deal (minus the dead money/prorate that HOU had to eat when they cut him).

John Brown requested his release and likely agreed in the process to forfeit the guaranteed contract portion - I can't imagine a player would expect to be capitulated to like that without giving back.  We'll see in a few days if the Raiders carry a dead cap hit on him.

Filed under the category of 'Man I feel old'... TIL that Tyrone Wheatley's son was cut by the Bears.  He's on OT, so maybe the Raiders take a crack at the family line... 

bushman, poutasi, stoner, turner, green, morrissey, ragas all signed to the PS
They must be really disappointed with Omameh and Jones-Smith. They saw no potential in either tackle to keep one around. Mayock was talking up Jones-Smith before OTAs too. Hopefully Miller and Leatherwood stay healthy. 

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/01/raiders-2021-practice-squad-tracker/

Glad to see Omameh and Jones-Smith off this list, TBH.

DT Kendal Vickers (per Levi Damien)

DT Niles Scott (per Levi Damien)

OT Devery Hamilton (per Levi Damien)

CB Robert Jackson (reported by Aaron Wilson)

C Jimmy Morrissey (per Levi Damien)

WR Dillon Stoner (per Levi Damien)

CB Madre Harper (reported by Mike Garafolo)

RB Trey Ragas (reported by Vic Tafur)

TE Matt Bushman (reported by Vinny Bonsignore)

G Jeremiah Poutasi (reported by Vinny Bonignore)

WR DJ Turner (reported by Vinny Bonsignore)

DE Gerri Green (reported by Vinny Bonsignore)

They must be really disappointed with Omameh and Jones-Smith. They saw no potential in either tackle to keep one around. Mayock was talking up Jones-Smith before OTAs too. Hopefully Miller and Leatherwood stay healthy. 
thats a big ask.  they NEED another OL, IMHO.  and i don't think its hamilton.

As always, wtf do i know?   :lmao:  

thats a big ask.  they NEED another OL, IMHO.  and i don't think its hamilton.

As always, wtf do i know?   :lmao:  

I see the backup OTs as Good RT (reliable) and Parker LT (who I don't trust at all, but supposedly is playing better). I also think Leatherface could move to LT in a pinch and Good to RT, if God-forbid, Miller were to go down.

If Good slides to OT, then Simpson comes in at OG and he is ready IMO. But after Simpson, the backup OL looks sketchy at best right now. Let's hope the front line stays upright long enough for Cable to sprinkle some of his ferry dust on the backups.

I'm glad Morrissey landed on the PS - I think he has development potential.

I see the backup OTs as Good RT (reliable) and Parker LT (who I don't trust at all, but supposedly is playing better). I also think Leatherface could move to LT in a pinch and Good to RT, if God-forbid, Miller were to go down.

If Good slides to OT, then Simpson comes in at OG and he is ready IMO. But after Simpson, the backup OL looks sketchy at best right now. Let's hope the front line stays upright long enough for Cable to sprinkle some of his ferry dust on the backups.

I'm glad Morrissey landed on the PS - I think he has development potential.
i agree on all of that.  3 backups, just seems thin.

i agree on all of that.  3 backups, just seems thin.

Agreed, but I suspect they will sign or trade for someone after the IR moves are made. They have up to four open roster spots coming soon. Based on the current cap situation though, expect the signing to be Jones-Smith or Omameh. :(

LawFitz said:
Agreed, but I suspect they will sign or trade for someone after the IR moves are made. They have up to four open roster spots coming soon. Based on the current cap situation though, expect the signing to be Jones-Smith or Omameh. :(
I think a subway turnstile would be a better option.

kwiat restructured.  freed up 2M and change.  what does the brain trust use it on?

OL and or LB?  or will tricksy gruden, get his long sought after gadget man? ;)  

kwiat restructured.  freed up 2M and change.  what does the brain trust use it on?

OL and or LB?  or will tricksy gruden, get his long sought after gadget man? ;)  
🤣 Dude, you have a talent for pooping on anything good. 

We could win the Super Bowl and you would be like "Took us long enough and just wait, next year we will go 0-17" 

But what do I know. 

🤣🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread