What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (1 Viewer)

It's ridiculous.  The claim is they want to generate eyeballs and discussion and activity and then they nuke down all the creativity.  Ridiculous.

It's ridiculous.  The claim is they want to generate eyeballs and discussion and activity and then they nuke down all the creativity.  Ridiculous.
Yea, I see no reason for it. There was nothing offensive or otherwise bothersome about the thread titles. Just humor. I see no value in forcing a title change at all. 

i want to be a narc, and report all the other team threads, that haven't been changed.  but that would be lame.  there are plenty of them.

That’s more like it!

no matter what is attached to the thread title, it usually stands out and easy to find

It blended in and was difficult to find, for whatever reason, soon as Joe changed it 

nice one HM

Tanner Muse waived
what the hell? there's another 600K and change down the drain.  what a waste of a pick/roster spot/etc.  i wonder if they move him to the PS or what.  maybe it's some sort of odd roster move.  the tweeters are saying it's to make room for kj wright.

but hey!  thank god we have ole Natey P taking up that roster spot.

what the hell? there's another 600K and change down the drain.  what a waste of a pick/roster spot/etc.  i wonder if they move him to the PS or what.  maybe it's some sort of odd roster move.  the tweeters are saying it's to make room for kj wright.

KJ is projected to play SAM which is where Muse was. KJ most recently was playing SAM in Seattle though he previously was WILL before making the move. Littleton is our WILL. You can only keep 53 and yes I agree I would rather keep 2 QB's than 3 but maybe they have an eye on shipping Mariota if the right offer comes along? Or Gruden just likes to have 3 QB's. I don't think he has rolled with just 2 ever, right?

Note to self: never attempt to own and administrate a forum website.  the inmates whine way too much.
Look, I agree... often times you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. It is often thankless and a lot of hard judgement calls on things that are very much subjective. 

The thing is though you can either make it easier on yourself or harder. Changing a thread title like this one for..... why? There was nothing wrong with it. When you do that you just are asking to make it harder on yourself and upset people for really no benefit at all. 

It was a rather silly thing to do unless there was some line crossed but if so.... deal with the offender. I mean, are you going to go in and rewrite all the titles for threads? As much as the inmates need to be put in line, such is the same for the Samuel Norton's of the world when they step out of line. 

KJ is projected to play SAM which is where Muse was. KJ most recently was playing SAM in Seattle though he previously was WILL before making the move. Littleton is our WILL. You can only keep 53 and yes I agree I would rather keep 2 QB's than 3 but maybe they have an eye on shipping Mariota if the right offer comes along? Or Gruden just likes to have 3 QB's. I don't think he has rolled with just 2 ever, right?
him playing the same position is a coincidence, as far as muse being released to make room for him.  while technically, he is taking his starting spot on the field.  why release muse?  LB is once again, incredibly thin.  there are 5!  five healthy LBs.  2 of which will have hardly practiced with the team.  and 1 has never played LB in his life.  bump all opposing TE's in FF.  it also doesn't bode well for containing lamar jackson :oldunsure:

I hate wasted draft picks but that is what a Gruden does.  He really should trade away all of his picks every year for current players since his drafting is horrible at best.  

On a positive note, we are another day closer to Gruden’s dismissal even if it is 2-3 years away.  

I'm probably about as big of a Gruden and Mayock backer as there is, but that's two 2020 third round picks that never played a down of football for the Raiders.  Not good.

I'm probably about as big of a Gruden and Mayock backer as there is, but that's two 2020 third round picks that never played a down of football for the Raiders.  Not good.
Agreed... Only thing I can think of, is that Gus wasn't around when they drafted him. Maybe he feels Muse just isn't a good fit for what he wants to do 🤷‍♂️. Whatever the reason, still a bad look and another head-scratcher by the organization that leads the league in strange roster moves.

Yea..  I dunno. 

Muse was getting 1st team reps and reports were positive on him. Plus playing ST. There were no struggling type reports. He also seemed to be a good fit for SAM in this D (as I understand it) with that tweener speed/athleticism. 

They have been making roster moves to free up cap space but I got to think a 3rd rounder on his second year of his rookie contract isn't a make or break move there. 

I dunno. Hard to make any real judgment on it as we never have seen him play a season game but a head scratcher for sure.

@DocHoliday you may be on to something. They should dump the first 3 rounds and go from there. But here’s the rub. In my mind, those early pics are 100% gruden. So he’ll just screw up the 4-6 round picks, if they gave up 1-3. 

FTR, both Bowden and muse screamed gruden picks. I’m still giving mayock a pass. 

Quick question, would you be scared to go up against a pissed off K.J. Wright? Asking for a friend.

The Pro Bowl linebacker officially signed with the Las Vegas Raiders on Monday with a chip on his shoulder. You would think that a Super Bowl champion with nearly 900 total tackles wouldn't have anything left to prove, but he does. The former Seattle Seahawk spent 10 seasons with the organization before they decided they want to go in a younger direction at linebacker and contract negotiations went in disarray. In the time Wright, 32, has not been at Training Camp, he's been getting in the best shape of his life and is hungrier than ever to play.

"I've been pissed off all offseason," said Wright. "I've been very, very angry. I've been at peace, but I've been mad at the same time. I've had a lot of people doubt on me this offseason and I'm still keeping it going. I'm real thankful to be here, but that burning desire. ... It's on 100 right now.

"I told myself in the beginning [of the offseason] just stay the course, trust the process. This is my first time ever being a free agent and when you watch the guys go to OTAs, watch the guys go to Training Camp, that's not easy. It's pretty hard, especially when I've been doing it my whole time."

That same hunger and desire that Wright has within him is what gravitated him to the Silver and Black. Before signing with the team, he closely evaluated the defense and believes that the young group has the potential to be even better with his arrival.

The linebacker is coming off a 86 tackle, 10 pass deflection season and was ranked as the 67th best player in the NFL Top 100 list in 2021. During his introductory press conference, Wright pointed out Maxx Crosby and Yannick Ngakoue as players he's most excited to get on the field with.

"I watched a little film on them and thought, 'Oh, these guys are pretty good.' I watched their preseason game that they had against Seattle, and so this team is hungry. There's really good energy here. Everybody wants to be successful that's in this building. So I love it, it's really good vibes."
Wright also expressed his excitement to be reunited with two familiar faces from Seattle. His career is coming full circle with defensive coordinator Gus Bradley, who was his first defensive coordinator in the NFL. Additionally, he lines back up with defensive tackle Quinton Jefferson, who he played with for four seasons in Seattle. The two played a pivotal part in convincing Wright to make the journey to the desert.
"I played MIKE when I first got to Seattle so me and [Bradley] were close, making the calls with each other. I had him for those two years and over the years, whenever we see each other, it's always love," Wright said. "Always seeing him, I'm shaking his hand, talk in the offseason every blue moon. Just to come back with Gus – somebody that I trust, somebody I know – he'll take good care of me, so I'm excited.
"Q [Quinton Jefferson] was calling me all offseason telling me, 'Hey man, you need to get out here, we'd love to have you,' so I want to make it happen. With Q, to see Q grow over the years – I was with Q when he was a rookie – so to see where he is now as a pro and making plays the way he is. He called me all offseason saying he'd love to have me. He's a great teammate, great friend of mine so I'm glad I can play with him again."

The Raiders defense being the weak link of the team is perhaps no more. The front office has been diligent about bringing in a plethora of proven veteran players and draft picks in efforts of bolstering the defense, which looks very promising as we head into the regular season. Wright is the newest piece in the puzzle for the Raiders to, as he said, "make sure this defense is one of the best."
Another thing Raider Nation should be excited about is seeing the Pro Bowl linebacker return to an old jersey number of his. Wright, who wore No. 50 his entire NFL career, is the latest Raider to take advantage of the new jersey expansion for certain positions and will wear No. 34 -- a number he hasn't donned since he was at Mississippi State.
"High school number, college number, my dad wore No. 34, so it runs in the family. It's just a good change already. Nick [Morrow] is No. 50, so that was out of the question.

"It only made sense to go back to my roots."

Ravens follower here.

How are you guys seeing the Monday Night game going?

Baltimore's kind of a mess with injuries and an unsettled OL.

Ravens follower here.

The Raiders D is a complete unknown. New DC, new system and something like 7 or 8 new starters. Not a lot of Raiders starters on offense played in the preseason so I'd expect the same as last year, a top 10-12 ranking again as long as there are no injuries or COVID issues on the Oline. Jacobs is being severely underestimated and under-valued partly due to Drake coming over, but how Gruden decides to use Drake will surprise a lot of folks. I think we'll see him being more effective in the passing game most weeks as opposed to the running game. Waller will be Waller, but watch out for TE Foster Moreau. Gruden has some sneaky plays designed just for this guy. Ruggs/Edwards, who knows? Like the whole defense, another complete unknown. Hopefully the release of Jon Brown was a good sign the coaches like the progression of these two WRs.

What does all this mean for Monday night? I see a decent scoring output by both teams as the Raiders' D will still be working out the bugs. I'd expect Jackson and Andrews to have a decent game. Hopefully the Raiders new secondary can keep Brown/Watkins under wraps, if not, it could get ugly in Vegas. 

If the Raiders D can contain Jackson, I predict 27-24 win for LV. If Jackson goes bonkers and the Baltimore D is too physical for the new LV Oline (praying this is not the case) it could go the other way pretty easily. 

The Raiders D is a complete unknown. New DC, new system and something like 7 or 8 new starters. Not a lot of Raiders starters on offense played in the preseason so I'd expect the same as last year, a top 10-12 ranking again as long as there are no injuries or COVID issues on the Oline. Jacobs is being severely underestimated and under-valued partly due to Drake coming over, but how Gruden decides to use Drake will surprise a lot of folks. I think we'll see him being more effective in the passing game most weeks as opposed to the running game. Waller will be Waller, but watch out for TE Foster Moreau. Gruden has some sneaky plays designed just for this guy. Ruggs/Edwards, who knows? Like the whole defense, another complete unknown. Hopefully the release of Jon Brown was a good sign the coaches like the progression of these two WRs.

What does all this mean for Monday night? I see a decent scoring output by both teams as the Raiders' D will still be working out the bugs. I'd expect Jackson and Andrews to have a decent game. Hopefully the Raiders new secondary can keep Brown/Watkins under wraps, if not, it could get ugly in Vegas. 

If the Raiders D can contain Jackson, I predict 27-24 win for LV. If Jackson goes bonkers and the Baltimore D is too physical for the new LV Oline (praying this is not the case) it could go the other way pretty easily. 
Thanks.

I think the Ravens offense could be bad for a while. However, I think the defense is going to be really good - they have everyone healthy and showing just as well or better than in the past.

Without a bunch of Baltimore turnovers, I don't see LV putting up 27 on them.

On the other hand, I don't see the Ravens scoring 24 either. They could easily lay a 10-point egg.

I'm seeing something like 16-13, take your pick of the winner.

Thanks.

I think the Ravens offense could be bad for a while. However, I think the defense is going to be really good - they have everyone healthy and showing just as well or better than in the past.

Without a bunch of Baltimore turnovers, I don't see LV putting up 27 on them.

On the other hand, I don't see the Ravens scoring 24 either. They could easily lay a 10-point egg.

I'm seeing something like 16-13, take your pick of the winner.
You might be right about the score. But I see the Raiders coming out with a lot of intensity playing in front of Vegas fans for the 1st time in the regular season, that will bump up the scoring IMO.

I will be watching the physicality in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Baltimore as you know, is notoriously a physical ball club. I want to see how the Raiders match that. If James/Incognito/Good can't get a good push against the Ravens Dline it will be a long night Jacobs and it could force Carr to put the ball in the air more than Gruden wants to. 

Conversely, the Raiders Dline is completely revamped. Can they contain Jackson and whoever's running the ball? It's a huge test for Gus Bradley's defense, one I'm anxious to watch. 

Ravens follower here.

The only certainty with our defense is that Andrews will go ballistic.  Like Kyle Pitts vs. high school defense ballistic.  Start all TE against us.

I drafted Ty'son Williams with a late round flyer last night. I actually might start him in a flex spot if the Ravens don't bring in a vet. 
Some big name older vets out there that may contribute... Gurley, Freeman, Bell come to mind. I think it is a done deal they bring in someone... question is who. 

Ravens follower here.

UH!!!  what's up dude!  

it's gonna be the lamar show.  if he goes off, it's lights out.  the raiders are an unknown commodity atm.  especially on D and the OL.  

UH!!!  what's up dude!  

it's gonna be the lamar show.  if he goes off, it's lights out.  the raiders are an unknown commodity atm.  especially on D and the OL.  
What's up, my brother? Hope all is well with you & yours!

I'm hoping for a great game and no injuries for either team. Jackson's the most electric player on the field in the majority of the games he plays in and Baltimore has enough good players to beat most teams. But the Ravens are a bit sideways right now with all of the injuries. 

DA RAIDERS said:
@DocHoliday you may be on to something. They should dump the first 3 rounds and go from there. But here’s the rub. In my mind, those early pics are 100% gruden. So he’ll just screw up the 4-6 round picks, if they gave up 1-3.
 I think Gruden picks the first few rounds.  At that point he doesn't know who any of the remaining players are, so Mayock picks the rest.

jacobs has not practiced the last 2 days   :sadbanana:  really really hope it's nothing.  he's not expected to practice tomorrow(wed) either.

jacobs has not practiced the last 2 days   :sadbanana:  really really hope it's nothing.  he's not expected to practice tomorrow(wed) either.

One of my more engaged fantasy buddies and I were talking tonight.  It certainly seems like something is wrong with Josh Jacobs, or its a worse injury than they are letting on to.

They seemed to have wanted to work out nearly everyone in the last few days.

I hope nothing is wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if it comes out Jacobs is hurt worse than what we've been led to believe.

TZM

I am seeing Jacobs expected to practice tomorrow. 

Maybe rest and getting Barber up to speed with reps?

Incognito is a bigger worry. He hasn't practiced for over a month with a calf issue. 

I am seeing Jacobs expected to practice tomorrow. 

Maybe rest and getting Barber up to speed with reps?

Incognito is a bigger worry. He hasn't practiced for over a month with a calf issue. 
i really hope that's the case with jacobs.  i haven't looked at the tweeters today.

i think richie will be hit or miss all year.  it might make more sense to shut him down and attempt to get his old body, back to 100%  this is one of the reasons, i still want another OL.  they don't need natey p, the 4 TE, and down the road, they should dump leavitt

i really hope that's the case with jacobs.  i haven't looked at the tweeters today.

i think richie will be hit or miss all year.  it might make more sense to shut him down and attempt to get his old body, back to 100%  this is one of the reasons, i still want another OL.  they don't need natey p, the 4 TE, and down the road, they should dump leavitt
Leavitt is horrible.  I might rather play with 10 than have him on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread