What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (4 Viewers)

i really hope that's the case with jacobs.  i haven't looked at the tweeters today.

i think richie will be hit or miss all year.  it might make more sense to shut him down and attempt to get his old body, back to 100%  this is one of the reasons, i still want another OL.  they don't need natey p, the 4 TE, and down the road, they should dump leavitt
If Miller or Leatherwood missed extended time it would hurt badly as Parker can't hold up long there. If we lost one guard, Simpson can come in and do well. In fact, if we lost a tackle for a long period, I would expect them to move Good out to tackle and Simpson in at guard as Simpson is much better at G than Parker is at tackle and Good can play tackle if pressed into it. Martin should be able to play C without disaster though he didn't look good in pre-season. I don't know Eluemanor enough to say anything good or bad so that doesn't bode well plus being cut from other teams usually isn't a good sign. It wouldn't take much for us to be in need of bodies though. I am not a fan of 4 TE's and I am neutral on the QB's.... as long as they are doing it to be open to make a move if the opportunity arises then I am good. To keep 3 just to keep 3 QB's... I am not a fan of. On a side note, I think the NFL needs to expand the roster size a bit with the extra game and keep the expanded PS. 

An interesting notes on the current depth chart: 
Both Perryman and Kwiat are listed as 1st team MLB. 

Jefferson, Thomas and McCoy are all listed as 1st team DT with Hankins as NT and Philon backing him up. 

I expected a heavy rotation at DT and that kind of reflects that so not overly surprising and they had it similar for the earlier depth chart but Perryman and Kwiat is interesting. 

Also, KJ is the only SAM. Deablo listed as backing up Littleton as WILL. I thought they were looking at SAM for him but I could be wrong. 

shot the lock off the wallet.  club level seats purchased for monday night.   :pickle:   
I think the vaccination requirement made a big impact on the economics of it all. I just checked in after not looking for a couple of weeks for the Dolphin game. The cheap seats that were going for $400 are now $175. Pretty decent seats on lower level are going for that $400 now. Glad I waited. 

I think the vaccination requirement made a big impact on the economics of it all. I just checked in after not looking for a couple of weeks for the Dolphin game. The cheap seats that were going for $400 are now $175. Pretty decent seats on lower level are going for that $400 now. Glad I waited. 
they've been plunging in price for 2 weeks.  the mandate had an effect.  but so did greed.  there are still 1000's of tickets for sale.  i paid 60 over face value, plus $70 bucks in stupid fees.  i am very happy with that.  they might still go down, but i'm happy to be all set.  plus i get early entry, to get my ginger ### out of that 104 degree heat.   :lmao:    there are seats right next to me, for sale at 1000 more than i paid.  so dumb.

"Suites Now Available: Limited inventory still available. Contact us today at 1-800-Raiders or AllegiantStadiumSales@Raiders.com" 

Ticket prices continue to tumble.

Nothing like watching the season kick off by watching Cooper tear it up and Lamb put up great numbers.   Gruden should be fired just for trading away a WR1 for peanuts and then drafting a decoy instead of the replacement WR1 that fell in his lap.   

Nothing like watching the season kick off by watching Cooper tear it up and Lamb put up great numbers.   Gruden should be fired just for trading away a WR1 for peanuts and then drafting a decoy instead of the replacement WR1 that fell in his lap.   
For whatever reason... Cooper is a different player in Dallas than he was with us. 

Did you just do it through Ticketmaster or another site?  Looking for best option to not get killed on fees.
got 2 through TM, 2 from a friend.  there's a couple of facebook groups that are been created by season ticket holders.  it's pretty legit.  there are scammers of course, but it's not that hard to vet them.  lmk if you want the names of them.  i found one of them to be the best.  just 1 ticket, correct?

For whatever reason... Cooper is a different player in Dallas than he was with us. 
not really.  his numbers are pretty similar.  his first 2 years in oak were solid.  last night was one game.  if he keeps that level of production up, then yes.  

i kinda liked that trade, at the time.  but gruden's inability to draft, is starting to make me regret it.  that ruggs pick was hooooooooorrrrriiiiiibbbbbbllllleeeeeee.

how would you feel if they had taken lamb or juedy?  better?

That is a strange comment.  Cooper played well in LV and is the same player.  He wants to win and knew that wasn’t happening in LV.     
He's really not.  He had a ton of lapses - mistimed jumps, only getting one foot in bounds when there is obvious opportunity for two, lots of stuff you wouldn't expect from an elite WR.  I used to think he just had amazingly poor hand/eye for such an "elite" NFL WR and that he was overrated (you can probably find some of my posts back when it was going down to that effect) but now I'm convinced he just punked out on being here and wasn't focused up at all times.

He's really not.  He had a ton of lapses - mistimed jumps, only getting one foot in bounds when there is obvious opportunity for two, lots of stuff you wouldn't expect from an elite WR.  I used to think he just had amazingly poor hand/eye for such an "elite" NFL WR and that he was overrated (you can probably find some of my posts back when it was going down to that effect) but now I'm convinced he just punked out on being here and wasn't focused up at all times.

He was also dinged up A LOT while in S&B. He's had similar but fewer such stretches in Dallas. To his credit he will play through injuries, but depending on severity, they've limited him quite a bit when he has done so - on both teams. He was already dinged coming into this season. I just think he isn't built to withstand a full NFL grind. If he is ever able to stay healthy for a full season, he's always had the talent to put up elite WR1 production. But the next season he is able to maintain his health for the full go will be the first (at least in the NFL - can't recall his college history).

That said, to your point, I think the desire to play (well) through injury was likely not as strong during the dog days in Oakland as it might be now in Dallas.

His time in Oakland was marred from Game 1.  Pacman Jones ripped his helmet off near the Raider sideline and started smashing his head (IN OAKLAND).. Nobody came to his defense or cleared the benches. Not sure if Pacman even got a penalty there - I know he wasn't ejected as should have been.  It just seems that was a precursor for the 'soft' nature in which Cooper played here.  Never displayed that 'me first' mentality most alpha receivers do.  He's always been a #1B instead of a true #1.

Something about the name Las Vegas Raiders doesn’t sound right.  I felt the same way about the Los Angeles Raiders and feel the same way about the Los Angeles Chargers.  They should be Oakland and San Diego respectively.  It also took me a long time to get over the Colts name change and the Cardinals.  The Rams got it right with their move back to LA.

Something about the name Las Vegas Raiders doesn’t sound right.  I felt the same way about the Los Angeles Raiders and feel the same way about the Los Angeles Chargers.  They should be Oakland and San Diego respectively.  It also took me a long time to get over the Colts name change and the Cardinals.  The Rams got it right with their move back to LA.
get off my lawn. ;)   i hear ya!

That is a strange comment.  Cooper played well in LV and is the same player.  He wants to win and knew that wasn’t happening in LV.     
Not strange at all... unless all you do are looking at the end results. 

He consistently was about 50% catch percentage, I don't know the drops off the top of my head but it was a significant number and we really had to force feed him to get those receptions and yards. His catch percentage greatly improved in Dallas and I do believe his drops went down. He creates his opportunity in Dallas rather than them force feeding him. 

I would say it was Gallup and Lamb helping create that for him but they didn't have Lamb before. 

So... no, not strange. Based off of watching games and that stats. 

Which explains why we traded him. Imagine how he was at practice. If he played like that because he checked out, imagine how he was in the locker room and around the team. 

The Raiders will ALWAYS be the Oakland Raiders ,no matter where they move 

When i think of the old school Oakland Raiders i think of this quote 

''The Raiders of old were vicious and crazy and cruel. Hanging around their locker room was like hanging around the weight room at Folsom Prison.''

Hunter S. Thompson

ChuckyCheeze said:
The Raiders will ALWAYS be the Oakland Raiders ,no matter where they move 

When i think of the old school Oakland Raiders i think of this quote 

''The Raiders of old were vicious and crazy and cruel. Hanging around their locker room was like hanging around the weight room at Folsom Prison.''

Hunter S. Thompson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDZ5BOLPcF8&ab_channel=GreyBeard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNySUhz9c4E&ab_channel=fromthefarside

The greatest voice in history - John Facenda

Last edited by a moderator:
Chadstroma said:
Which explains why we traded him. Imagine how he was at practice. If he played like that because he checked out, imagine how he was in the locker room and around the team. 
 The team sure has looked better at WR without him and has really made strides as a team.  Great move by Gruden   

Raider Nation- who do you see being the Alpha WR getting the 2nd most receiving production behind Waller, Ruggs or Edwards?

Raider Nation- who do you see being the Alpha WR getting the 2nd most receiving production behind Waller, Ruggs or Edwards?
Edwards will have similar numbers that Agholor had in 2020.
Ruggs will have boom or bust numbers 

I always felt like Carr was the issue.  And maybe it was more about the line protection, I dunno.

That said, Carr pushes the ball downfield better since Coopers departure......at least from my untrained eye.

Thanks. Super insightful contribution to the thread. 
Don’t minimize my statements just because you don’t like them.  That is BS.   I certainly provided a sound statement.   The Raiders have not had a WR any where close to the talent of Cooper.  The team hasn’t improved since trading away Cooper either.  

Chad, I admire your allegiance to Gruden and the Raiders but I can’t do it.  You don’t have to like my opinion but don’t be a baby about it. 

miller 46 career starts

simpson 2

james 1 start at center, in college + pro

good 16

LW NFL debut

:eek:   y'all didn't want more linemen.  this is scary.

this is odd, but i might be more concerned with the offense, than the defense.  they're soooooo young and inexperienced.  it's nuts.  still can't believe no one really played in the preseason.  😐

Can't believe the disrespect Ruggs gets, even among Raider Nation. I am cautiously optimistic that he will level up considerably this season. My main concern is durability.

Can't believe the disrespect Ruggs gets, even among Raider Nation. I am cautiously optimistic that he will level up considerably this season. My main concern is durability.
Do you see Edwards making a big jump and if so still clear second fiddle to Ruggs? 

Do you see Edwards making a big jump and if so still clear second fiddle to Ruggs? 

I think both will play well, in differing ways. Ruggs will take the top off - think Robbie Anderson or Will Fuller.

Edwards is more of a traditional alpha WR1 but I have even more durability concerns with him. He's been hurt pretty much every year since high school. He's either due for a healthy run or is made of porcelain.

Zay Jones is the deep sleeper. Ruggs/Edwards will get first crack, but if either or both falter again, Jones is ready to become this year's Agholor IMO.

How we feeling about Abram in IDP this year? 

When they started using him as a box safety his production seemed more consistent & I think he blitzes as well, no? 

I ask because in my IDP league with 3 Raider fans, they didn’t touch him. They all seemed to be down on the dude, but the reasons seemed more like RL football than  FF. 

Curious what y'all Raider fan/FF sharks thought of him for 2021.

he came in as a pip squeak, decoy.  he didn't display much tenacity, aka nasty streak.  which you need as a little dude.  like a steve smith, tyreek, edelman, cooks, baldwin, hell even renfrow.  he also gets hurt, like you said.  he says he put on 15 pounds, but lost no speed.  letting brown go, gives a little credence, that he might be turning the corner.  lets hope that's the case.  otherwise, he'll turn into james jett.   :shrug:   

aawtfdik

I think both will play well, in differing ways. Ruggs will take the top off - think Robbie Anderson or Will Fuller.

Edwards is more of a traditional alpha WR1 but I have even more durability concerns with him. He's been hurt pretty much every year since high school. He's either due for a healthy run or is made of porcelain.

Zay Jones is the deep sleeper. Ruggs/Edwards will get first crack, but if either or both falter again, Jones is ready to become this year's Agholor IMO.
this is pretty much spot on, IMHO

aawtfd we k   :lmao:

I agree. I heard a lot of talk on local radio about Gruden being criticized for not getting Ruggs more involved.

Gruden could go overboard in response. Folks sleeping on Ruggs. I wish he was there when I wanted to draft him. 

How we feeling about Abram in IDP this year? 

When they started using him as a box safety his production seemed more consistent & I think he blitzes as well, no? 

I ask because in my IDP league with 3 Raider fans, they didn’t touch him. They all seemed to be down on the dude, but the reasons seemed more like RL football than  FF. 

Curious what y'all Raider fan/FF sharks thought of him for 2021.
i drafted him as a rookie.  injury is the biggest issue.  the new scheme might help him out.  his coverage skills, kinda suck.  he does love to hit!  hopefully, he avoids hitting any and all camera dollys.  we'll see.

i held onto him, but almost dropped him this off season.  he'll be gone quickly if he doesn't put up good numbers out of the gate.

i drafted him as a rookie.  injury is the biggest issue.  the new scheme might help him out.  his coverage skills, kinda suck.  he does love to hit!  hopefully, he avoids hitting any and all camera dollys.  we'll see.

i held onto him, but almost dropped him this off season.  he'll be gone quickly if he doesn't put up good numbers out of the gate.
Appreciate that, thanks. 

Feel like in his current role he could be a lock for 100+ total tackles if he stays healthy. 

Besides, I kinda hate rostering good cover DBs in FF. No one throws their way. 

Don’t minimize my statements just because you don’t like them.  That is BS.   I certainly provided a sound statement.   The Raiders have not had a WR any where close to the talent of Cooper.  The team hasn’t improved since trading away Cooper either.  

Chad, I admire your allegiance to Gruden and the Raiders but I can’t do it.  You don’t have to like my opinion but don’t be a baby about it. 
" The team sure has looked better at WR without him and has really made strides as a team.  Great move by Gruden  "

Sorry bud. Here is where I am at with this... First you take a semi swipe at me calling my comment "strange". I respond in depth and explain backed with actual data and you ignore it. I expand on a good post from @Hankmoodyand you throw in a comment as a direct reply to me that seems to not only do the same ole broker record swipe at Gruden but also possibly mocking me while not really offering anything substantial to the discussion. How exactly am I suppose to react to that? A high five? As it didn't seem like it was just another attack on Gruden but also a swing or two at me. I didn't appreciate your comments and I let you know. I don't think I did so in a way that was out of bounds. 

I think it mainly because everyone wanted/expected Jeudy or Lamb. 

The crazier disrespect is for Carr. You can lay out data point after data point. You can make a logical case for him being one of the better QB's in the league and they still will die on the hill that Carr sucks. 

Though that did subside much aftet last year. Kind of like how Cable was the worst coach in the NFL and should have been fired about 3 years ago and now he is a great Oline coach. 

I agree. I am cautiously optimistic. He has been healthy this off season/pre season, has the sophomore year (most receivers, even good ones, don't do great rookie seasons), has the whole off season/pre season to get things and put on 13 pounds of muscle. I also believe Edwards will establish himself as well. We will start to see the answers Monday. 

Users who are viewing this thread