What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (3 Viewers)

He started against a 3rd string rookie developmental player and basically did nothing. He got some pressure on Geno once. The D lineman I thought had a good showing was Philon, he was wreaking havoc everywhere.

And to add. Let's not get too excited by Hobbs' sack. It was a corner blitz in a preseason game across from the same previously mentioned rookie tackle. I'm glad to hear all the positive news out of camp about Hobbs, but I probably could have sacked Geno on that play.

Amik flashed a few times and made some nice plays.

I thought Cotton played very well, nice to see a long time developmental player show out. That's promising for the Oline depth we're all worried about.

Meohrig was quiet, but I think that was more due to the Seahawks QBs not looking downfield. Abram was quiet too, but not out of control so that's a good thing. 

Arnette had tight coverage for a play on the ball but missed the tackle. I'm not ready to give up on the kid yet.

Javin White played a lot and was all over the field. Does he make the final 53 this year?

DJ Turner! Looking forward to seeing more of that guy, seems to have some juice.

And can't forget Ragas. Yeah he's probably training camp fodder this year, hopefully he makes the practice squad. Runs hard and he did a good job picking up a blitz.
i agree on all points.  don't go too crazy on turner and ragas.  every year there's some dude in camp lights it up, in preseason games.  then never makes the team.  or!!  the phenomenal front office, lets them walk, and then overpays to get them back.  doss. And they still don’t do anything. 

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree on all points.  don't go too crazy on turner and ragas.  every year there's some dude in camp lights it up, in preseason games.  then never makes the team.  or!!  the phenomenal front office, lets them walk, and then overpays to get them back.  doss. And they still don’t do anything. 

Who was that RB 2-3 yrs ago who looked like Derrick Henry in PS, but ultimately was cut (to all of our surprise and most of our jeers) - only to clear waivers, be re-signed to the practice squad and then IR'd and never heard from again. I'm pretty sure I was in love with that dude. He was awesome. A beast. Whatever his name was.

Who was that RB 2-3 yrs ago who looked like Derrick Henry in PS, but ultimately was cut (to all of our surprise and most of our jeers) - only to clear waivers, be re-signed to the practice squad and then IR'd and never heard from again. I'm pretty sure I was in love with that dude. He was awesome. A beast. Whatever his name was.
Yes!  I can’t remember his name either. Everyone said he was going to come off IR and challenge the league.  the reason for him being on IR was never revealed. That turned into some super duper top secret plot by tricksy Gruden, to keep him away from other teams. 🤣🤣🤣

I said he was fat and would never even make the preseason squad the following year. I was right.  People called me a hater. 🤣🤣🤣

Yes!  I can’t remember his name either. Everyone said he was going to come off IR and challenge the league.  the reason for him being on IR was never revealed. That turned into some super duper top secret plot by tricksy Gruden, to keep him away from other teams. 🤣🤣🤣

I said he was fat and would never even make the preseason squad the following year. I was right.  People called me a hater. 🤣🤣🤣
Warren I believe? 

cookus, scarborough and westbrooks released
All part of Gruden’s diabolical plan to stash them on the practice squad do they can dominate the league next year. 

ok. Enough with me whining! That felt good though. ;)  

Let’s light up the Rams this weekend and own LA in the town that was meant to be ours all along.

Hopefully Gruden let’s the real starters play a couple of series at some point in the next 2 game. 

Maybe Cle didn't do as bad as many here seem to think. Stoked on James and ready to keep the twin UDFA RBs over JRich. Could Peterman actually be progressing into something decent? I recall him looking really good two preseasons ago as well, but then coming down with a case of Hide-im-on-IR-itis. Good to see him come off that setback in better form than broseph Chris Warren...

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2021/8/17/22628059/raiders-seahawks-preseason-stats-nfl

Ferrell didn’t have many highlights, but accumulated a hit and two hurries on the QB, even if it wasn’t against the starters. The former first-round pick struggling would have been concerning. He instead displayed why he was a starter before in this league by winning his matchups and generating pressure on the quarterback.
James was the highest-graded offensive lineman in pass protection, according to PFF. He didn’t allow a single pressure on any of his pass-rush snaps when it seemed like Peterman was under pressure constantly early on. It was clear he has refined his technique with a good base and displayed his athleticism.
Emmons finished with 5.0 yards per carry and a touchdown. According to PFF, the former Alabama running back displayed his elusiveness, forcing four missed tackles on the day. Ragas got the bulk of the carries and finished with 3.3 yards after contact. He made it tough on linebackers in the second level keeping his legs moving and generating extra yards with the ball in his hand. The undrafted rookie fared well in pass protection, helping keep quarterback Nathan Peterman clean.
The Seahawks sent five or more rushers 16 times last Saturday night, according to PFF. Peterman finished 10 for 11 with 106 yards and 9.6 YPA. It displays Peterman’s growth as a quarterback to dissect the field quickly with a young offensive line. He was able to continuously beat them through the air with accurate passes and quick decisions.

LawFitz said:
Warren. 

He couldn't pass pro to save his life. You are not going to make an NFL team trying to be 3rd string if you can't pass protect or show some ability to learn it. 

I am leaning towards Ragas taking Richard's place on the team. 

Did you guys realize that Jacobs is only 23 years old? He is younger than most rookies and has two years under his belt. Also, if I remember right, he didn't get worked to death in college. 

Warren. 

He couldn't pass pro to save his life. You are not going to make an NFL team trying to be 3rd string if you can't pass protect or show some ability to learn it. 
Also, I seem to remember something about him showing up out of shape and fat to camp or something. Not sure. But I do remember him being a huge liability in pass pro. 

Raiders-Rams scrimmage: Day 1 winners and losers

The Las Vegas Raiders completed their first of two joint practices with the Los Angeles Rams in Thousand Oaks, Calif. on Wednesday.

It appeared to be a solid day for the Raiders, but, as always, there were winners and losers during the session for Las Vegas. Let’s check it out.

Winners

Hunter Renfrow: it appears the Raiders’ shifty third-year slot receiver was the star of the day for both teams. He made some big plays and burned Rams’ superstar cornerback Jalen Ramsey a couple of times in the scrimmage. That’s a big deal. If Renfrow takes the next step in 2021, watch out NFL.

Defensive playmakers: The Raiders picked off Rams’ starting quarterback Matthew Stafford three times. Rookie safety Tre’von Moehrig, linebacker (and former Ram) Cory Littleton and backup cornerback Rasul Douglas all swiped passes from Stafford. That’s pretty encouraging for a team that had just 10 interceptions in 2020. This is telling: Stafford said the Raiders showed the Rams looks they haven’t seen this summer. That’s what new defensive coordinator Gus Bradley is all about. He mixes things up. After one preseason game and one scrimmage, the unit looks more prepared and that’s a big deal.

Darren Waller: The Raiders’ star tight end blew up the Rams. Of course, that’s what he does. Every stinking day. He’s the reason why the Las Vegas offense can be special.

Losers

Team discipline: Tuesday, Raiders coach Jon Gruden said he didn’t want to see any fighting in the scrimmages because it’s not “competitive” and it was “stupidity.” Well, neither Gruden nor Rams coach Sean McVay were pleased what they saw Wednesday.

Guard Richie Incognito, tight end Foster Moreau and cornerback Nevin Lawson were among the Raiders who were reportedly part of the skirmishes. These type of things are actually routine during joint practices around the NFL. The players were overly excited to see another team. I’d expect, after they got screamed at by their coaches, both teams will be more calm during Thursday’s session.

Marcus Mariota: He appeared to have a shaky day with some dropped interceptions. He has struggled with accuracy this camp and dealt with an injury. Mariota needs to finish the preseason strong so he and the Raiders have confidence in him as the regular season approaches.

Offensive line: I wouldn’t be too worried about it. If the Raiders’ offensive line stinks this season it’s not going to be because of what happened Wednesday. Rams’ defensive tackle Aaron Donald is one of the game’s all-time best. He always wrecks shop. So, actually, this work against Donald could end up being a great learning experience for this young group.

Conclusion: It seemed to be a good, encouraging day for the Raiders. There were expected ups-and-downs. But the Raiders probably had the better day of the two teams and expectations are high for the Rams in 2021. The best news of the day was there hasn’t been any reported Las Vegas injuries. That’s key. Now, onto Thursday.

Any indications on how bad?
morrow seemed worse, from the reporters, when the injuries happened on the field.  but who knows.  

incognito walked with a limp, off the bus, after practice.  no report of morrow, after practice.

eta:  the two thinnest position groups.  hope it's nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tape Don’t Lie: 3 Raiders on the rise

Players who helped their chances to make the final roster

By BD Williams 

on August 19, 2021 12:00 pm

This offseason saw plenty of turnover for the Raiders in terms of roster construction. The offensive line was almost completely overhauled with three supposed starters shipped off or cut.

The defense also lost Nelson Agholor who came up big in big moments for the Raiders when an offensive explosion was needed. Their replacements were drafted; Alex Leatherwood, signed; Richie Incognito and Denzelle Good, or awarded a contract in free agency; John Brown. Despite all of that turnover, there was little confusion on who would start for the Raiders on offense this season, and it would have taken abysmal performances from the offensive line to cast a shadow on their playing time.

The defense on the other hand was completely overhauled from top to bottom. The Raiders made an eye popping 51 moves (cut, signed, or re-signed) on that side of the ball. Enough competition was brought in at some positions that it requires pre-season games to figure out who will make the final roster spots on defense. There are more games to be played of course but here are 3 Raiders whose performances on Saturday made a case for being a part of the final 53 man roster.

Darius Philon

Philon last played an NFL snap in 2018, after a run in with the law, he was suspended by the league. If Saturday was any indication, his time off was well spent and he put on a noticeable amount of good bulk. He displayed the motor and tenacity to make him an intriguing option in the pass rush rotation, but he also showed up against the run as well. Philon played as if his life depended on it on Saturday against the Seahawks second team.

Philon had some moments where it looked like he was shaking off the rust. He’ll need to improve his pad level and timing the snap. But if those areas of his game steadily improve, there’s no reason why he won’t be a factor in the Raiders defensive line rotation.

Trey Ragas

Ragas was bell cow for the offense on Saturday night. With 82 total yards from scrimmage on 15 touches, Ragas also rushed for a touchdown that set the tone for the rest of the game.

Perhaps the best part of Ragas’ outing was his attention to detail and willingness to step up and in pass protection. The game that Ragas had in all three phases of offense: running, catching and blocking, will make him a hard roster cut later down the line in camp. Ragas will get more snaps as pre-season wears on, and if he continues putting up performances like he had on Saturday, expect him to make the final 53.

Keisean Nixon

Nixon got a bad name for himself last season. There were a couple pivotal plays where Nixon was burnt in coverage and many fans have given up on the third year cover man. This writer has gone on record with the claim that Nixon is far and away the best gunner on this roster, and his special teams chops are nothing to disregard when it comes to predicting the final 53 man roster.

But how did he play defense? Getting in on several open field tackles, and coming down with a pass breakup. Nixon was the best DB on the field for the Raiders on Saturday. He showed off position flexibility and a nasty temperament, something every DB needs. Nixon started the game ahead of long time veteran corners Blidi Wreh-Wilson and Rasul Douglas which should be a good indication of his spot in the pecking order. When it comes down to the 5th or 6th CB spot on the roster, the front office is going to have a hard time cutting a guy who plays special teams and both cornerback spots.

Honorable Mentions

LB Max Richardson

CB Amik Robertson

LB Javin White

morrow seemed worse, from the reporters, when the injuries happened on the field.  but who knows.  

incognito walked with a limp, off the bus, after practice.  no report of morrow, after practice.

eta:  the two thinnest position groups.  hope it's nothing.
Yea, just saw a report. Both limped off but Morrow "didn't seem like he would be able to walk off on his own at first"

Limping off seems to indicate not too bad. Here is hoping 

None of you negative Nancy's have anything to say about Renfrow lighting up one of the best corners in the game?
We talkin about practice?  Practice?!?!  😜😜😜

It’s a positive for sure. It sounds like the raiders ‘won’ day one. And the rams ‘won’ day two. :shrug:    Sadly, It’s still practice. 

a bigger deal to me, is the D played well on day 1.  But an even bigger deal, are those possible injuries.

And I really hope all the stupid fighting, doesn’t bleed over to a lack of disciple in the regular season. 

My concern has always been the overall disfunction. The hiring of gruden at 10/100,000,000 was a sign of that. 

the valuation of the raiders should make these money issues go away.  Just gotta get a new CFO. 🙄

It sounds like someone screwed up not paying taxes on something they were suppose to... so... incompetency, thus the resignations and being all tied in the finance area. The curious departure would have been the newer exec. Perhaps they left because of being tied to the old regime or because they didn't want to deal with the mess. 

pretty meh game all around.  

hobbs and psilon looked good again.  muse is fast!  lost another LB, he was crying as they carted him off.  he's probably done for the season.  they really need to address the LB depth.  depending on morrow's injury, there are 8 LBs on the team.  2 of whom, have never played the position. :oldunsure:

the left side of the line and martin, looked pretty bad.  right side did a better job. OL is another big depth need, IMHO.  ragas is getting the pub and the reps, but to me, emmons looks like a better player :shrug:  gruden's fascination with the FB position is weird. i hope he uses them, come regular season.  and i hope they keep dj turner, if only to take back punts/kick offs.  i hate seeing a starter in that role.

pretty meh game all around.  

hobbs and psilon looked good again.  muse is fast!  lost another LB, he was crying as they carted him off.  he's probably done for the season.  they really need to address the LB depth.  depending on morrow's injury, there are 8 LBs on the team.  2 of whom, have never played the position. :oldunsure:

the left side of the line and martin, looked pretty bad.  right side did a better job. OL is another big depth need, IMHO.  ragas is getting the pub and the reps, but to me, emmons looks like a better player :shrug:  gruden's fascination with the FB position is weird. i hope he uses them, come regular season.  and i hope they keep dj turner, if only to take back punts/kick offs.  i hate seeing a starter in that role.
Still unsure about Morrow. J. White was looking good so it sucks to have him go down with what looks like a serious injury. 

Kwiat will be back. 

KJ Wright is still available. He would obviously be a good addition knowing the system so well. There seemed to be mutual interest but likely KJ was asking for more $$$ than we wanted to pay. Maybe we are willing to pay it now?

Muse looks like he will be able to play the other LB spot. 

OL depth isn't as bad as I think you think but certainly thinner than last year. Tackle we will be in a bad spot with an injury but Simpson is solid to replace either Incognito or Good. Martin didn't look good last night but should be ok if needed. He has been a starter and bot horrible in the past. 

Still unsure about Morrow. J. White was looking good so it sucks to have him go down with what looks like a serious injury. 

Kwiat will be back. 

KJ Wright is still available. He would obviously be a good addition knowing the system so well. There seemed to be mutual interest but likely KJ was asking for more $$$ than we wanted to pay. Maybe we are willing to pay it now?

Muse looks like he will be able to play the other LB spot. 
i'm not a huge kwiat fan.  he is what is, a decent LB.  good, not great.  i'm not sure he has the speed to do what Bradley needs the LBs to do.  muse and diablo have never played LB.  the other 6 guys have only a handful of games under their belts.  it's woefully thin.  i was saying this months ago.  but as always...wtf do i know?   :pickle:  

OL depth isn't as bad as I think you think but certainly thinner than last year. Tackle we will be in a bad spot with an injury but Simpson is solid to replace either Incognito or Good. Martin didn't look good last night but should be ok if needed. He has been a starter and bot horrible in the past. 
after the 5 starters(one of whom is hurt atm), simpson has looked good.  martin and morrissey have looked OK.  the talking heads say morrrissey can play G.  parker and smith have looked marginal at T.  and they're the only ones listed as backups at T.  cotton, omameh, poutasi, have looked pretty bad(against the 3rd string) zero memory of erlinger.  so maybe that's a good thing.  

as always, wtf do i know. :)  

This is going to make people's heads explode:

KHALIL MACKLB, CHICAGO BEARS

The Athletic's Vic Tafur reports the Raiders inquired about Khalil Mack's availability this offseason. 

Raiders head coach Jon Gruden reportedly "cried for three days" after trading the superstar pass rusher to Chicago in 2018 in exchange for a host of draft picks. With the Bears facing a salary cap crunch this spring, Vegas -- featuring one of the NFL's worst pass rushes -- checked in on the team's willingness to trade Mack back to the Silver and Black. The Bears rebuffed the Raiders, who eventually signed pass rusher Yannick Ngakoue. The Raiders didn't want to trade Mack, who forced the team's hand by holding out instead of playing on the fifth-year option of his rookie deal. Mack signed a six-year, $141 million contract extension with Chicago upon being traded. He'll be a free agent in 2025. 

This is going to make people's heads explode:

KHALIL MACKLB, CHICAGO BEARS

The Athletic's Vic Tafur reports the Raiders inquired about Khalil Mack's availability this offseason. 

Raiders head coach Jon Gruden reportedly "cried for three days" after trading the superstar pass rusher to Chicago in 2018 in exchange for a host of draft picks. With the Bears facing a salary cap crunch this spring, Vegas -- featuring one of the NFL's worst pass rushes -- checked in on the team's willingness to trade Mack back to the Silver and Black. The Bears rebuffed the Raiders, who eventually signed pass rusher Yannick Ngakoue. The Raiders didn't want to trade Mack, who forced the team's hand by holding out instead of playing on the fifth-year option of his rookie deal. Mack signed a six-year, $141 million contract extension with Chicago upon being traded. He'll be a free agent in 2025. 
Hindsight is always 20/20. When you have HOF talent, you do everything you can to keep it around. 

But it's the 21st century Raiders, the defense was terrible with Mack and still terrible without him. So does it really matter? They were never able to figure out how to build around Mack anyway. This organization finds a way to screw everything up, no matter who's in charge. Al has been gone 10 years and it's like he never left. 

any news on these injuries?  saw a blurb that incognito is a calf strain.  might be ready for opening day.  

and GTFO that gruden cried for three days @ICON211   :lmao:   the dude is such a clown.  Tafur is a dude i trust.  this means that gruden looked him the eye and said he cried for 3 days.   :lmao:   what an idiot.  

Just found out I'll be in Vegas for the Monday night (9/13) home opener.  I know this is probably all new with fans only being able to attend for the first time even though they were playing in the stadium last year.  Any thoughts / advice for finding a last minute ticket to the game at the best price?  I haven't used a scalper in years, can they even operate in the age of digital passes?  (Looks like cheapest I see right now in a quick search on Ticketmaster is about $500) I'm fine with nosebleeds, just want to get in and check out the stadium and environment.  TIA!

any news on these injuries?  saw a blurb that incognito is a calf strain.  might be ready for opening day.  

and GTFO that gruden cried for three days @ICON211   :lmao:   the dude is such a clown.  Tafur is a dude i trust.  this means that gruden looked him the eye and said he cried for 3 days.   :lmao:   what an idiot.  
I can't find anything on Incognito, Morrow or White. Its frustrating...

Just found out I'll be in Vegas for the Monday night (9/13) home opener.  I know this is probably all new with fans only being able to attend for the first time even though they were playing in the stadium last year.  Any thoughts / advice for finding a last minute ticket to the game at the best price?  I haven't used a scalper in years, can they even operate in the age of digital passes?  (Looks like cheapest I see right now in a quick search on Ticketmaster is about $500) I'm fine with nosebleeds, just want to get in and check out the stadium and environment.  TIA!
i'll be there too.  4 of us.  we are just keeping an eye on prices for now.  there are 1000's of tickets for sale.  i think they'll come down over the next few weeks.  i've also joined some groups online, facebook etc.  that are for season ticket holders to sell their tickets.  $350 is the cheapest i've seen so far.  there's almost no way, i'm trusting a straight up scalper.  

i'll let you know if i find anything.

Users who are viewing this thread