Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 Las Vegas Raiders

36 minutes ago, ICON211 said:

Jacobs left the game Sunday with what the team was calling a chest injury.  He said he did not have a chest injury and is fine.  Not sure what is going on here.

Read earlier it was a chest contusion.  Odd that he is stating otherwise now.  Maybe he had a Lamar stomach issue.  😄

Khalil Mack (foot) is out for Week 8 against the 49ers, and could be sent to injured reserve.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo notes that Mack snapped a five-game sack streak in Week 7 while dealing with a foot injury. Mack is Pro Football Focus' 41st ranked edge player in pass rush grade. His absence will hurt the Chicago's ability to get pressure on opposing quarterbacks, and could make the Bears' run first approach on offense even less likely to generate wins.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 27, 2021, 10:30 AM ET

Say what you will about the picks made in the draft from this trade, but one thing that shouldn't be lost, and often is here and just about everywhere, is that in addition to those picks, the trade gave the Raiders cap flexibility. They used it to sign guys on shorter-term deals that busted, but they were able to get out of and re-deploy. Guess where that continual re-deployment ultimately led? Yannick Ngakoue.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Bruno2 said:

Must have been a Gruden FA signing... 🤔😉

Snead requested his release.  Same path as John Brown.  Wants to play and isn't getting a shot because of the WRs ahead of him.  Not to mention the couple times Carr has targeted him he dropped the pass. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kaso said:

Snead requested his release.  Same path as John Brown.  Wants to play and isn't getting a shot because of the WRs ahead of him.  Not to mention the couple times Carr has targeted him he dropped the pass. 

John Brown was on the Bronco PS and I think promoted last week. Just asked to be released again and the Broncos granted his wish. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/raiders-owner-mark-davis-frustrated-over-when-he-learned-of-jon-gruden-emails

Davis was asked if he believes his team had been treated unfairly.

“No, I'm not gonna get into any of that," he said. "We're Raiders. We're used to this. That's just what our life is about. It is disappointing, just the whole thing with Jon, you know. It's just life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chadstroma said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/raiders-owner-mark-davis-frustrated-over-when-he-learned-of-jon-gruden-emails

Davis was asked if he believes his team had been treated unfairly.

“No, I'm not gonna get into any of that," he said. "We're Raiders. We're used to this. That's just what our life is about. It is disappointing, just the whole thing with Jon, you know. It's just life.

During his presser, Goodell avoided any mention of Jon Gruden faster than I avoid my ex at the grocery store. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Am I the only one wondering if Mariota gets traded before this years deadline?  Have to think there will be Gruden-less impacts to this roster sooner than later.  

I'd throw Peterman in there, as he was a true through and through Gruden addition, but not sure there would be a market for his services.

2 hours ago, kaso said:

Am I the only one wondering if Mariota gets traded before this years deadline?  Have to think there will be Gruden-less impacts to this roster sooner than later.  

I'd throw Peterman in there, as he was a true through and through Gruden addition, but not sure there would be a market for his services.

Possible with Mariota. I think they will listen to deals but may not ship him unless there is a decent deal and it also needs his approval. Mariota has value to keep us alive if Carr misses time and the occasional throw him in there for a wildcat type play so nothing cheap. 

I don't think anyone is trading for Peterman and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut to make room on roster with a look to resign to PS. 

• Like 1

This seems like a fair snd balanced assessment. 

https://www.sportscasting.com/nfl-network-analyst-reveals-why-raiders-surprisingly-flourishing-jon-gruden-departure-lot-guys-prefer-environment/

“With Gruden, you get some of the genius aspects of it, but you also get a lot of chaos and a lot of tension,” said Jeremiah on the Rich Eisen Show. “It could be a tornado.”

Jeremiah alluded to the difference in coaching style between Gruden and Rich Bisaccia. “Now, I think it’s a very calming atmosphere with Bisaccia in charge,” he said. “I think that we’ve seen a lot of guys prefer that environment, and they’re thriving.”

5 hours ago, kaso said:

I think Peterman is very well suited to be a shelf stocker or bag boy in most markets.

Edited by Chaka
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Chadstroma said:

John Brown was on the Bronco PS and I think promoted last week. Just asked to be released again and the Broncos granted his wish. 

i heard he was simply released.  brown and snead.  pretty sure they're both still getting paid by the raiders.  :hot: 

8 hours ago, kaso said:

they need him.  peterman is heathy scratch every week, for a reason.  the reason?  he ####### sucks.  mariota ain't going no where.  the salary cap is about to explode.  if he plays his cards right, he'll get a sweet deal, somewhere else, next year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bruno2 said:

Anyone else think it's a crime for KJ Wright to be wearing that #34 jersey? Everytime I see him, he looks like a slow, out of shape version of Bo Jackson. 

Nah, Raiders don't retire jerseys. They process their retired veterans into a single-celled, vitamin, mineral and amino-acid colloid porridge that they feed to their young.

I approve, it makes them stronger.

• Laughing 2

39 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Nah, Raiders don't retire jerseys. They process their retired veterans into a single-celled, vitamin, mineral and amino-acid colloid porridge that they feed to their young.

They must’ve missed a few feeding sessions over the past 2 decades. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chaka said:

Soylent Silver and Black

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

11 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

i heard he was simply released.  brown and snead.  pretty sure they're both still getting paid by the raiders.  :hot: 

$3.2 for Brown second highest dead money count of our $22 mm (Hudson is about half of that) and $987K for Snead. 

1 hour ago, Chadstroma said:

The top 5 players in terms of QB pressures this season:

1) #Raiders Yannick Ngakoue

2) #Raiders Maxx Crosby

3) #Bengals Tey Hendrickson

4) #Titans Harold Landry

5) #Broncos Von Miller

DE

CrosbyMaxx

leads the NFL with 47 pressures this season, PFF

. Crosby has more pressures than 10 teams have gotten from *all* their edge rushers: Falcons (31), Giants (33), Jets (43), Dolphins (44), Chargers (44), Ravens, Colts, Patriots, Eagles & Steelers (45).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZADO said:

DE

CrosbyMaxx

leads the NFL with 47 pressures this season, PFF

. Crosby has more pressures than 10 teams have gotten from *all* their edge rushers: Falcons (31), Giants (33), Jets (43), Dolphins (44), Chargers (44), Ravens, Colts, Patriots, Eagles & Steelers (45).

Next Gen Stats is the one I listed. PFF has Maxx #1

59 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Maxx gonna be expensive in 2023.

They need to be working on his next contract right now, it isn't going to get any cheaper.

Crosby and Carr deals will be expensive. Renfrow is due and will get a big pay increase among other players like Hayward on a 1 year deal.

About $55mm available next year and I don't think that takes into account a likely huge jump in the cap. 

I wanted to extend/resctructure Carr this last off season but now it will be more expensive. 

Melvin Ingram wants out if Pittsburgh. Reportedly the Chefs made a pitch but the Steelers don't want to send him to a AFC team if they can avoid it. 

Does it make sense to add another Charger? I don't know if he played the SAM or WILL with them. He wants out because of playing time so not sure how much time we give him. I definitely don't want him going to KC though. He doesn't cost much and we have hit more than missed on picking up past Bradley connected guys. 

Would like a OL upgrade trade if one possible but if we can block the Chefs from shoring up that defense and adding to ours that is intriguing. 

19 minutes ago, Chadstroma said:

Melvin Ingram wants out if Pittsburgh. Reportedly the Chefs made a pitch but the Steelers don't want to send him to a AFC team if they can avoid it. 

Does it make sense to add another Charger? I don't know if he played the SAM or WILL with them. He wants out because of playing time so not sure how much time we give him. I definitely don't want him going to KC though. He doesn't cost much and we have hit more than missed on picking up past Bradley connected guys. 

Would like a OL upgrade trade if one possible but if we can block the Chefs from shoring up that defense and adding to ours that is intriguing. 

If Pitt won't trade him to KC I doubt they would trade him to the Raiders.

41 minutes ago, Chadstroma said:

No thanks. As you said, they need OL the most. Unless we don’t know that morrow and white will be out longer than expected. 

Plus, I’m not sure how much of an impact he would have. And I don’t want a disgruntled player added to the mix. 

14 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

No thanks. As you said, they need OL the most. Unless we don’t know that morrow and white will be out longer than expected. 

Plus, I’m not sure how much of an impact he would have. And I don’t want a disgruntled player added to the mix. 

I like Ingram in this defense, I don't want to overpay but I like him.

And I suspect if he got traded like he wants then he would be perfectly gruntled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaka said:

I like Ingram in this defense, I don't want to overpay but I like him.

And I suspect if he got traded like he wants then he would be perfectly gruntled.

Maybe. Former studs don’t like being rotational players. And he played DE in Bradley’s scheme.  Pass. And I don’t want the raiders to get fleeced by pit again ;) 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

Maybe. Former studs don’t like being rotational players. And he played DE in Bradley’s scheme.  Pass. And I don’t want the raiders to get fleeced by pit again ;) 

Ahhhh, yes, Pittsburgh is a 3-4 base still which is why he is a OLB now. I was confused on how he was a pass rusher in Bradley’s system as a OLB and now I understand why I was getting tripped up at. So... yea, if he isn't happy on snap count in Pittsburgh, he would be even more so with us.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Chadstroma said:

Carr has two games of 90% or better completion percentage with at least 30 attempts. 

NO OTHER QB in NFL history has more than 1 game.

now just win a SB and avoid being the next Dan Marino 

41 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Assuming we hoping to get a couple of bags of Doritos and a six pack of Lite beer by Miller.  It tastes great.  

Less filling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Davis has said that all of the front office departures this year were due to accounting irregularities. Asked if it was because they didn't pay taxes and he replied it was the opposite in that they overpaid taxes.

2 hours ago, Chadstroma said:

Davis has said that all of the front office departures this year were due to accounting irregularities. Asked if it was because they didn't pay taxes and he replied it was the opposite in that they overpaid taxes.

:rolleyes:  

not buying it.

• Hankmoody changed the title to 2021 Las Vegas Raiders