What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (6 Viewers)

GO GIANTS!!!
I hope they beat KC in overtime, so they are sluggish when we play them. Lot of posters say it's an easy win, but they do have offensive weapons. I'm happy for the bye week so we can go into that East Coast game fresh. 

A day away from trade deadline.  Very interested to see what moves occur in the NFL.  Although it does seem like a year where not a single move is made... 

The Donkeys throwing in the towel. Von Miller to the Rams for a 2 and a 3. 
The Rams are definitely not shy about throwing around draft picks for proven commodities in an effort to win now.

Gotta respect it. I mean we all assume that they will have to pay the piper some day but, it's working for them.

The Rams are definitely not shy about throwing around draft picks for proven commodities in an effort to win now.

Gotta respect it. I mean we all assume that they will have to pay the piper some day but, it's working for them.
They have marquee players on all three levels of defense now. Donald on the line, Ramsey in the back and now Miller in the middle. 

They have marquee players on all three levels of defense now. Donald on the line, Ramsey in the back and now Miller in the middle. 
Yup that D has been a bit of a disappointment in the fantasy world but it is still fierce and just got an upgrade on the edge.

That is, if Miller can stay healthy.

Yup that D has been a bit of a disappointment in the fantasy world but it is still fierce and just got an upgrade on the edge.

That is, if Miller can stay healthy.
I just poked a friend that is a Donkey fan saying that I guess it makes sense to give up on your season when you are at .500 since it is clear the only wins you can get are from teams that are in position to get the #1 overall pick for next years draft. 

He conceded that there was no lie there.  :lmao:

The Chargers losing was super nice. 

First place feels good. Let's keep it that way. 

It's well known that Gruden and Carr live in the same neighborhood, it's safe to say Olsen, coach B and Cable all live nearby. Anyone else think these guys are getting together after hours in Gruden's basement or man cave and going over gameplans and/or strategizing? If they were, would they be breaking any NFL rules by doing so?

It's well known that Gruden and Carr live in the same neighborhood, it's safe to say Olsen, coach B and Cable all live nearby. Anyone else think these guys are getting together after hours in Gruden's basement or man cave and going over gameplans and/or strategizing? If they were, would they be breaking any NFL rules by doing so?
No way. I dont think Gruden was that well liked. Have you ever had a domineering, over the top , agro, boss?  Good riddance.  And imho, Gruden wasn’t that good. Why would they want his input?

This giants game is the trap game of the year. Man I hope they bring their A game and aren’t looking ahead!

Damn east coast start time. The players have had time to think about the idiotic Gruden business.  And the bye week, might have been where Gruden”s manic style, would have helped.  Coach B has never led through a bye week.  Here’s hoping that t(e players responded well to the new regime, over the bye, and come out firing!

No way. I dont think Gruden was that well liked. Have you ever had a domineering, over the top , agro, boss?  Good riddance.  And imho, Gruden wasn’t that good. Why would they want his input?
He wasn't well liked by most in the media and around the NFL. But we know from from DC himself and the other coaches that he himself (Gruden) hired that he is still liked and respected by those guys in his close circle. Ending those business relationships and frienships isn't so cut and dry IMO. Did Gruden really just go away? Or is he still giving some input? No matter how small it may be. 

He wasn't well liked by most in the media and around the NFL. But we know from from DC himself and the other coaches that he himself (Gruden) hired that he is still liked and respected by those guys in his close circle. Ending those business relationships and frienships isn't so cut and dry IMO. Did Gruden really just go away? Or is he still giving some input? No matter how small it may be. 
i seriously doubt it.  DC is super christian.  he can't like all the profanity and BS that is gruden.  i saw a video a few years ago, of the players on the plane.  i forget who it was, but they were cursing up a storm, telling some inappropriate story.  DC came into the picture and the story teller, immediately apologized to him for the off color language.

and as long as the team does well, this is a hell of an audition for every coach.  and not having the $100 million dollar man breathing down their necks, has got to be nice as well.

aawtfdik

You aren't going to convince anyone that hates Gruden that he isn't universally hated by all. You will have better luck convincing a progressive Democrat that Trump is a good guy or a conservative Republican that Biden is totally clear and sharp minded. 

My guess is that there isn't a lot of interaction. It is just too much of a hot potato. 

Olsen and Cable have plenty of experience doing their jobs. Olsen has obviously taken Gruden's system and put his own spin on it with gameplan/play calling. 

Bisaccia has talked about collaboration between the coaches and mentioned those with HC experience. If I was him, I would focus the team on itself to move forward from the Gruden scandal... going back to him would be a bad PR move and I think hurtful to the team. I think Bisaccia understands leadership as his forte and that means he moved the team forward. 

I don't think there are any rules at all about talking to others or anything eveb of they did. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You aren't going to convince anyone that hayes Gruden that he isn't universally hated by all. You will have better luck convincing a progressive Democrat that Trump is a good guy or a conservative Republican that Biden is totally clear and sharp minded. 

My guess is that there isn't a lot of interaction. It is just too much of a hot potato. 

Olsen and Cable have plenty of experience doing their jobs. Olsen has obviously taken Gruden's system and put his own spin on it with gameplan/play calling. 

Bisaccia has talked about collaboration between the coaches and mentioned those with HC experience. If I was him, I would focus the team on itself to move forward from the Gruden scandal... going back to him would be a bad PR move and I think hurtful to the team. I think Bisaccia understands leadership as his forte and that means he moved the team forward. 

I don't think there are any rules at all about talking to others or anything eveb of they did. 
good points.  i agree with you.

however, i never said gruden was universally hated.  there are tons of people that love his idiotic chucky persona.  i'm well aware.

i simply said that, IMHO,  that he wasn't that well liked.  not hated.  and if you've ever had an overbearing, micro managing boss, it's pretty nice when they move on. 

as always, what the #### do i know?  

You aren't going to convince anyone that hates Gruden that he isn't universally hated by all. You will have better luck convincing a progressive Democrat that Trump is a good guy or a conservative Republican that Biden is totally clear and sharp minded. 

This is right on IMO.  I think there are plenty of people within the organization that still are extremely fond of Gruden including Carr and there are also those that are happy he is gone.

I can't see there being much interaction between Gruden and the staff outside of maybe some congratulatory texts or light banter.  There is too much downside there if it came out he was still involved with the team or the staff. 

good points.  i agree with you.

however, i never said gruden was universally hated.  there are tons of people that love his idiotic chucky persona.  i'm well aware.

i simply said that, IMHO,  that he wasn't that well liked.  not hated.  and if you've ever had an overbearing, micro managing boss, it's pretty nice when they move on. 

as always, what the #### do i know?  
I don't think it is at all white and black. I think some players love/d him, I think most liked him and maybe a few didn't. 

I think you can appreciate more player friendly moves without detesting the previous coach. 

I think Mayock's comments on the player reaction to the scandal is also indicative of how much players loved, liked, disliked or hated him which basically that there was a wide range of that spectrum. 

But for those that think players don't like him there is nothing that will change that view... even player comments to the contrary. 

I see Nassib needing a day as an indication of a guy needing to reconcile personal liking of a man that seemingly thought differently of him when talking to others. I have had horrible bosses like you describe snd when they were gone or I left, I didn't need a day, I was hyped and pumped to get to work because ding dong, the witch is dead! 

This is right on IMO.  I think there are plenty of people within the organization that still are extremely fond of Gruden including Carr and there are also those that are happy he is gone.

I can't see there being much interaction between Gruden and the staff outside of maybe some congratulatory texts or light banter.  There is too much downside there if it came out he was still involved with the team or the staff. 
For the record, I don't think there is any interaction between Gruden, DC and the other coaches. Gruden probably isn't even in Vegas anymore (I'm sure he has multiple houses, Tampa being his "home" I believe.)  Just interesting how it could easily happen if they were super loyal to Gruden and wanted to stick it to the NFL. I'm sure crazier stuff has gone on behind closed doors in the past. Gruden coaching the team secretly wouldn't surprise me at all, despite the fact they are playing well since his resignation. 

I think most staff were/are close with Gruden. Other than Bradley and the guys he brought over, I think most had worked with Gruden previously and left positions to go with him again. You don't do that if he was a horrible boss. You don't volunteer to leave a job to go do the same job for a boss you didn't like. You don't do that for a boss that was ok. You do that for a boss you really like or love. Including Mayock, I mean, Mayock had a great gig where he was and to take the risk of becoming a GM, it has to be because of the relationship with Gruden. 

Carr had/has a close relationship with Gruden. I am sure there was someone that couldn't stand him as well and then shades all inbetween for the players. 

For the record, I don't think there is any interaction between Gruden, DC and the other coaches. Gruden probably isn't even in Vegas anymore (I'm sure he has multiple houses, Tampa being his "home" I believe.)  Just interesting how it could easily happen if they were super loyal to Gruden and wanted to stick it to the NFL. I'm sure crazier stuff has gone on behind closed doors in the past. Gruden coaching the team secretly wouldn't surprise me at all, despite the fact they are playing well since his resignation. 
Carr (who literally lives the house next door to yhe next door neighbor of Gruden) had a little story about driving (I think to practice?) And seeing Gruden walking. He pulled over and asked if he needed a ride and Gruden was like "You have somewhere to go, get out of here and get to work!"*

So, he is still in Vegas for now at least. My guess is you would not want to do much traveling. Keep your head down and wait for things to chill out a bit. At least, that is what I would do.

*rough paraphrase of the the story

Carr (who literally lives the house next door to yhe next door neighbor of Gruden) had a little story about driving (I think to practice?) And seeing Gruden walking. He pulled over and asked if he needed a ride and Gruden was like "You have somewhere to go, get out of here and get to work!"*

So, he is still in Vegas for now at least. My guess is you would not want to do much traveling. Keep your head down and wait for things to chill out a bit. At least, that is what I would do.

*rough paraphrase of the the story
Funny you mention that story. It's the same one I heard that got me thinking about this nonsense. I know it's crazy, but it was a bye week and the Raiders have been very quiet, not even a janitor fired, nothing! Its insane. 

the beat writers for the raiders are saying that they are "working on" "looking into" the reports.  which all but guarantees that he was in the crash.  otherwise, they'd be saying he's fine.

TMZ UPDATE:

10:27 AM PT -- A source close to Ruggs tells us the NFL'er is expected to be OK. The condition of the other people involved in the crash is still unclear.

TMZ is saying the fatality is not Ruggs.

A few totally unverified people on twitter, all citing "local sources", are saying Ruggs has broke wrists and ribs. I would not buy that story just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread