What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff Draft Rankings (1 Viewer)

3 hour lunch

Footballguy
For those doing them; I think the 7th team per conference  changes things a bit....for our 10 teamer it not only adds players to the pool but it increases the chances the #2 seed (and others) play 4 games. Also, you won’t get a complete mess at QB should you miss out on the top guys. Looking at the bracket, Tampa is the other team that looks like a pretty sure bet outside of the #2 seeds to play at least 2 games. To me, BAL-CLE is the toughest game to pick. Here’s my top tier- non PPR, no TE required. Thoughts? Guys who can be had late who may surprise?

Allen

Mahomes

Rodgers

Diggs

Adams

Kamara

Hill

Kelce

A Jones

Henry

Brady

A Brown 

Next is probably Wilson/Metcalf/Lockett, Lamar/Dobbins, Godwin/R Jones, then personal preference based on teams you expect to advance. Pitt WR may be able to be had “cheap”. 

Questions- is Michael Thomas expected to play? Assuming Evans is out? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump..

I'm going to sit down and go over some things later and add to the discussion.  Im kind of surprised there isn't more buzz about playoff FF in the shark pool.  Both my leagues do actual drafts, no lineups, total points from all players thru SB, and my buddy is firing up a "one and done" on MFL, which also a really fun set up.

Did you mean Bal/Ten or Cle/Pitt is the toughest game to pick?

A few random thoughts for now...

I think Buff could struggle against Indy.....I like Indy based on their D, and running game.

I like the Titans to make another run.

I think Brady will struggle against that nasty Washington front.

I like the Saints quite a bit with a fresh(ish) looking Brees, x-factor Hill, and a solid D.

I'm picking Titans/Saints SB.....I'm prolly way off but it could happen!

I think one of the biggest questions / obstacles is what to do about Kamara and or Michael Thomas ? Do you risk a spot for either of them ? Yea seems like both "should" play but with roster locks most likely Sat do you take the chance with either only to find out Sunday one or the other may sit or be limited ?  Any thoughts  ?

I am on the Bills bandwagon.  I think they have the type of team that can derail KC.   We do a live draft and ride those through the Super Bowl.  I am hoping to go eggs on Buffalo.  

I would not be surprised if Washington upends TB.  Tampa will still be without Devin White and Evans missing the game will be a negative.  WFT will get pressure on Brady and that is the key to beating TB.  That is my upset for week 1

For context, In my draft, the 4 top-2 seed QBs went first. I took Diggs 5th as I was concerned about Kamaras availability. He went 7th. M Thomas went 15th, one pick before my 2nd pick. I took Dobbins and came back with Lamar in the 3rd. Go Baltimore I guess!

For context, In my draft, the 4 top-2 seed QBs went first. I took Diggs 5th as I was concerned about Kamaras availability. He went 7th. M Thomas went 15th, one pick before my 2nd pick. I took Dobbins and came back with Lamar in the 3rd. Go Baltimore I guess!
How'd this play out. We just started ours.

Pick 7 here out of 8.

Aaron Jones / Hill  / Kamara all out there

If I may offer a suggestion, the normal snake draft is pretty punitive in the playoffs - not only is there no shot at the player you want if you’re not the top pick, but the difference between a top player and pick 10 is pretty significant.

Consider either moving to an auction or just do a “anyone can start any player once during the playoffs” type setup, and the winner is whoever scores the most points through SuperBowl.

If I may offer a suggestion, the normal snake draft is pretty punitive in the playoffs - not only is there no shot at the player you want if you’re not the top pick, but the difference between a top player and pick 10 is pretty significant.

Consider either moving to an auction or just do a “anyone can start any player once during the playoffs” type setup, and the winner is whoever scores the most points through SuperBowl.
We have been doing the snake draft playoff draft for almost 40 years and the teams that win have been a varied distribution of draft slot.  The biggest key is getting players that play in the Super Bowl.  That happens out of many draft slots and having a strategy of go big or go home.  Getting eggs in the right basket is what wins more often than not.  The guys at the top of the draft may get one guy but then they have a hard time grouping picks and get spread too thin.  It's really about getting lucky with eggs in the right basket and then a few fringe players getting the lucky TD or two to put you over the top. 

Agreed. But, snake draft is tradition in this group. There is def strategy to it though that is enjoyable. Kind of get stuck with your ride or die team that you don't necessarily get to pick which can suck, but fun when that team makes a run.

Also do a couple other leagues, like the NFL.com playoff challenge which is very fun.

I am on the Bills bandwagon.  I think they have the type of team that can derail KC.   We do a live draft and ride those through the Super Bowl.  I am hoping to go eggs on Buffalo.  

I would not be surprised if Washington upends TB.  Tampa will still be without Devin White and Evans missing the game will be a negative.  WFT will get pressure on Brady and that is the key to beating TB.  That is my upset for week 1
Brady is wearing concrete shoes, but he's a crafty vet still.  I think the skins keep it close, and have a chance to win if they can move the ball well enough.  Having Gibson, McLaurin, and captn checkdown helps......I'd never bet against Brady in the playoffs though, especially against a team doesn't even have a name!

The Bills should beat Indy, but Indy is not an easy out.  They are good defensively and Taylor has emerged.....Josh allen >>>>>>> old man rivers/brissett though, by quite a margin.

I think the best game of the weekend is Titans/Ravens......should be a slugfest, and I think Tannehill is a better QB than Lamar right now.....Henry vs Ravens D??  Gonna be fun.

I think Seattle squeeks out a win against the Rams....Russ will make a few Russ plays, and it's about time for DK to have a big game

Manster said:
Brady is wearing concrete shoes, but he's a crafty vet still.  I think the skins keep it close, and have a chance to win if they can move the ball well enough.  Having Gibson, McLaurin, and captn checkdown helps......I'd never bet against Brady in the playoffs though, especially against a team doesn't even have a name!

The Bills should beat Indy, but Indy is not an easy out.  They are good defensively and Taylor has emerged.....Josh allen >>>>>>> old man rivers/brissett though, by quite a margin.

I think the best game of the weekend is Titans/Ravens......should be a slugfest, and I think Tannehill is a better QB than Lamar right now.....Henry vs Ravens D??  Gonna be fun.

I think Seattle squeeks out a win against the Rams....Russ will make a few Russ plays, and it's about time for DK to have a big game
I'd think Seattle has among the best chances to win. Shouldn't be a squeaker. 

Baltimore Tennessee is gonna be a blast. Lamar is fun to watch, and we all remember last year. 

Buffalo can beat any team this year.  

Don't bet against Brady but everyone will be pulling for Alex Smith.  The bucs better figure out how to block Young or he is going to feast. That DLine would give most 40+yo QBs nightmares. 

I think the browns beat the Steelers. Baker plays up to his best, then crashes next week against the chiefs. That's my upset. 

I'd think Seattle has among the best chances to win. Shouldn't be a squeaker. 

Baltimore Tennessee is gonna be a blast. Lamar is fun to watch, and we all remember last year. 

Buffalo can beat any team this year.  

Don't bet against Brady but everyone will be pulling for Alex Smith.  The bucs better figure out how to block Young or he is going to feast. That DLine would give most 40+yo QBs nightmares. 

I think the browns beat the Steelers. Baker plays up to his best, then crashes next week against the chiefs. That's my upset. 
I've seen a lot of people picking the browns.  I dont see it.  I think baker ####s the bed and throws a buncha picks.....but u never know.

If hawks find their offense, and Adams plays, hawks could dominate.....I'm just worried about sputtering hawks O vs salty Rams D......but never bet against Russ either.

Last edited by a moderator:

We came up with a way to even the playing field  in playoff drafts for those picking in the rear by having a rule where any player can be drafted by two teams in the first 3 rounds. After the 3rd round it resumes to a standard draft where a player can only be owned by one team. We have done it for the last decade and it is the best format IMO.

We came up with a way to even the playing field  in playoff drafts for those picking in the rear by having a rule where any player can be drafted by two teams in the first 3 rounds. After the 3rd round it resumes to a standard draft where a player can only be owned by one team. We have done it for the last decade and it is the best format IMO.
So couldn't the top 2-3 players have all their copies gone before it gets to the back half of the draft?  Not really sure how that really gives much of a difference in the grand scheme of things.  I think there are plusses and minuses to all the draft locations and haven't noticed an advantage from any spot over the years.  Bottom line you need to choose the Super Bowl teams correctly and get some unexpected lucky scoring from your late picks to win. 

Users who are viewing this thread