What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Onewheel (1 Viewer)

Vegas Trip

Footballguy
I was struggling for Christmas gift ideas that would also get my kids outside, I finally pulled the trigger on BF deal on a Onewheel, specifically the new smaller Onewheel Pint.

The weather hasn't been great in PA so we started out just using it in the basement until we had a few warmer days and took it out to the empty school parking lot.  We had a blast riding it around and figuring it out.  Some older lady parked in the lot and started walking over and we thought we were going to get kicked off the lot but it turned out she just thought it was cool and wanted to find out what it was.  I took it out and rode a mile or so around the neighborhood when we got back.  Looking forward to getting back on when the weather gets better again.  So far we're really enjoying it... until I take a header at 15 mph and break a collarbone probably.  I may keep an eye out for picking up a second one (maybe try the full size XR) on the used market so a couple of us can ride together.

BTW, I hadn't skied or snowboarded in about 20 years but rented skis for this season to go with my kids that just started.  This has me considering trying to trade the season ski rental back in for a board.

Anyone else have a Onewheel?

I have a neighbor thats had one for a while,  on nice summer days he cruises nearly every afternoon.  Looks like a blast.  I think he has the full size one.  

It would be a blast to take to a beach town, or something similar.  

I've never stepped on it, I know my limits. 

Have a couple friends that have the original one and it's a blast.   I was thinking about getting one but bought an ebike instead.   Still kind of want one.   

These look both amazing and terrifying.  Just watched a few youtube videos on this  - can't believe the way people are riding this on asphalt without any padding.  Is it just that the camera makes it look like it's going faster than it is?   Maybe its harder to fall off than it looks?  I'm a competent boarder, but I fell many many times to get to that point.

These look both amazing and terrifying.  Just watched a few youtube videos on this  - can't believe the way people are riding this on asphalt without any padding.  Is it just that the camera makes it look like it's going faster than it is?   Maybe its harder to fall off than it looks?  I'm a competent boarder, but I fell many many times to get to that point.
The board does a good job of self-balancing left foot to right foot across the wheel.  Here's a graphic and an explanation of how it does it.  It seems the main thing you have to watch out for are "nose dives" if its low on battery or if you push it too hard.  I bought these things called "fangs" that basically add little wheels to give you a little bit of run during a nose dive instead of a dead stop.  It can't help with balancing toes to heel but the wheel is fairly fat and flat which helps with that.  It's more rounded towards the ends which is supposed to help with turns and carving but I haven't been too aggressive with it yet.

If you're interested in how the board is built, HERE's a YouTube video of Adam Savage of Mythbusters building his own at the Onewheel factory in CA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread