What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (7 Viewers)

NFL Network talked about this yesterday (or it could have been today, it's been a long day), that most teams don't have a draft sheet past the top 100 players this year because of lack of tape, lack of action last year, and less trips out to team facilities past several months. so we could see this as there are unicorns to be found in late rounds more so this year than past years.

Howie must be planning to use all 4 of our 6th round picks on CBs and hope one of them hits. 
It probably took everything Howie had not to draft a lineman in the 1st, so now it's all lineman.  I mean, it's not a bad philsophy. Strength in the trenches win games, and they like a DL rotation. Outside of Sweat our DL is OLD. We do need picks there too. So so many needs,

Howie, Jeff, and Alec Halaby (Head of Analytics) sure looked excited about the pick  :oldunsure:
This getting analyzed by Eagles Twitter like the Zapruder film. Andy Weidl also identified as one of the “not happy” camp. Perhaps a riff between the :nerd:  and the  :football: ?

This will be an all-time Eagles meme and poor Williams’ career will be at the center of it. Always something with this team! 

This getting analyzed by Eagles Twitter like the Zapruder film. Andy Weidl also identified as one of the “not happy” camp. Perhaps a riff between the :nerd:  and the  :football: ?

This will be an all-time Eagles meme and poor Williams’ career will be at the center of it. Always something with this team! 
Yep. Only happens here. 

And we need video of Golic butchering Smith’s name (“stud Devonta Davis!!”) before announcing that selection. 

It's a 3rd rounder, so...let's not overreact. Let's be happy we HAVE a 3rd round pick and didn't trade it for a one year rental this time.

“Howie Roseman asked about the video circulating inside the draft room — he said there were a few players on the board at No. 70 when they traded back, a few went, everyone in the room has their favorites, but there's a lot of excitement about Milton Williams.”

“Howie Roseman says the conversation caught on camera with Tom Donahoe was about losing out on a player picked during trade down (which would be either Aaron Robinson or Alim McNeill).”

McNeill is the better player I think from a laymen's POV. I'd have left the 6th just to get that or Robinson.
The picks so far have been fine. The biggest issue with that small part of the video is that it’s 100% not a collaborative effort. It’s Howie just doing it all and doesn’t care about anyone else. I have no issue with that if these guys can play. It’s just crazy that you have 32 teams doing the “let’s get our fist bump celebration for the networks” and we are the ONLY ones with dissension lol. And all eyes are on Williams the 3 picked before him too. Howie better pray they suck lol

Not too happy about the 2 ACL injuries he's had but can't argue with the pedigree. We needed a replacement for Kelce. This is probably his last year.
Dude was really good. I saw his last ACL injury in Dec. Didn't look great. he's a really great kid though. Guess that means Seamulo is staying at G as the original plans had him replacing Kelce eventually 

That would be great. 

Yeah the route running compared to Reagor isn’t even close. Also when you watch those clips you don’t see a 170’whatever WR either IMO. 

The RAC ability of Smith and Reagor make for a very interesting combo next season too. 
You also don't see embarrassingly missed tackles and assignments either when watching Smith's film. 

Him tearing an ACL isn’t gonna sit well with people either and I get that. This isn’t a skill guy like Sidney Jones though. If he can play at a high level at both guard spots and center that’s a good get at 37 given Kelce and Brooks’ age. 
Key differences. I don't think Jones was ever gonna come close to the draft hype even if healthy, Achilles in a skill player is completely different from a OL guy. And Sidney Jones lost his confidence when he was here after multiple set backs. Corey Udline wasn't a fan and he was one of Schwartz guys. Johnson has had a major injury and he has lost his confidence. He's definitely a high first rounder without the injuries and played multiple spots on OL too. 

I hated the Jones pick more so because Achilles/ACL's are completely different effecting players who are skill wise compared to others and some are just never the same. 

NFL Network talked about this yesterday (or it could have been today, it's been a long day), that most teams don't have a draft sheet past the top 100 players this year because of lack of tape, lack of action last year, and less trips out to team facilities past several months. so we could see this as there are unicorns to be found in late rounds more so this year than past years.
Also some of the lower divisions like the FCS1 is playing spring games. They are in the playoffs right now I believe so not a lot of time to check those guys out. Add everything up and teams with these late picks are hoping to hit on a few or hoping a guy like they liked slid down far 

“Howie Roseman says the conversation caught on camera with Tom Donahoe was about losing out on a player picked during trade down (which would be either Aaron Robinson or Alim McNeill).”
Probably Robinson. I heard they liked him. They took a gamble hoping he'd be there if they went down a few spots and lost 

There were 8 CBs taken after the 70th pick to close out the 3rd round. There's basically none left worth taking. It's all shots in the dark at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also I wasn't following too closely as I was working during round 2, but looks like the Raiders traded up right in front of the Cowboys for Moehrig.  Thank god.  I'm 99% sure they would have taken him there.  They've had some great drafts recently, and a lot of luck of guys falling right into their lap... thank you Gruden.

31. Bal=Landon Dickerson C Alabama, probably a top-15 pick if he hadn't torn his ACL in the SEC title game. He's a people mover who fits the Ravens offense to a tee, and should give Lamar and co. even bigger holes in the running game.
This makes me feel better about the Dickerson pick.

Also I wasn't following too closely as I was working during round 2, but looks like the Raiders traded up right in front of the Cowboys for Moehrig.  Thank god.  I'm 99% sure they would have taken him there.  They've had some great drafts recently, and a lot of luck of guys falling right into their lap... thank you Gruden.
I don’t know, Moehrigs back had teams second guessing. MRI showed a problem,  but probably hard with medical evaluations being limited with Covid restrictions and no combine to get a confident conclusion. TCU is in our backyard and  no doubt Dallas would have traded up if they 100 percent wanted him. They may regret it, but a back injury is not something they want to take on. 

I don’t know, Moehrigs back had teams second guessing. MRI showed a problem,  but probably hard with medical evaluations being limited with Covid restrictions and no combine to get a confident conclusion. TCU is in our backyard and  no doubt Dallas would have traded up if they 100 percent wanted him. They may regret it, but a back injury is not something they want to take on. 
Maybe.  I think most teams who trade up above someone usually have a decent idea of who they are looking at taking.  The fit was just too perfect there.  It's not a slight on Dallas, they couldn't do anything about it... but I would have been very very surprised if they passed on him there.

Maybe.  I think most teams who trade up above someone usually have a decent idea of who they are looking at taking.  The fit was just too perfect there.  It's not a slight on Dallas, they couldn't do anything about it... but I would have been very very surprised if they passed on him there.
Yeah I’m not saying he was off Dallas board by no means. I just think if they had as much confidence in him as others appear to have had, they would have gotten him sooner. They would have got barbecue’d in Texas if they traded the extra picks to move up to get him and then the back turned out to be an issue. In the end, Joseph at CB was much more of a need than a Safety. LV trade up took the option of the two out of the equation. 

I know this is a 2 year build. So hopefully theres some stud DBs next year and we can maneuver to get the best one.

• Smile
Reactions: Ash
Cowboys reached on their picks. McShay last night said the last guy they took he had a 6th round grade on 

I know this is a 2 year build. So hopefully theres some stud DBs next year and we can maneuver to get the best one.
According to College football news these are the guys Obviously a lot can change but a list I'm jumping up and down for. 

2022 NFL Draft Top Prospects First Look: Cornerbacks

1 Derek Stingley, LSU 6-1, 195
2 Sevyn Banks, Ohio State 6-1, 200
3 Kaiir Elam, Florida 6-2, 195
4 Josh Jobe, Alabama 6-1, 192
5 Trent McDuffie, Washington 5-11, 195
6 Sheridan Jones, Clemson 6-0, 185
7 Mykael Wright, Oregon 5-11, 182
8 Ahmad Gardner, Cincinnati 6-2, 188
9 Chris Steele, USC 6-1, 190
10 Evan Fields, Arizona State 6-1, 195

2022 NFL Draft Top Prospects First Look: Safeties

1 Kyle Hamilton, Notre Dame 6-4, 219
2 Bubba Bolden, Miami 6-3, 200
3 Jordan Battle, Alabama 6-1, 210
4 Reed Blankenship, Middle Tennessee 6-1, 200
5 Kolby Harvell-Peel, Oklahoma State 6-0, 215
6 Jalen Green, Mississippi State 6-1, 195
7 Brandon Joseph, Northwestern 6-1, 192
8 Marcus Hooker, Ohio State 5-11, 200
9 Greg Eisworth, Iowa State 6-0, 198
10 Leon O’Neal, Texas A&M 6-1. 210

Tired of this route though. We have 3 firsts next year (provided Carson does his part). Need to rebuild the secondary next draft.
I don't mind a trade if we are getting a stud who is in a contract dispute or something and wants to come here. FA wise doesn't look great. it's just a lot of older guys on name recognition other then Jamal Adams at Safety if he doesn't resign in SEA 

Zech is already 23, since he spent 3 years at PSU before transferring to Texas Tech for 2, and some project him more as a Nickel due to size and burst being better than speed. I guess given who was still on the board, worth a shot. 

NFL Network showed the Eagles draft room reaction to the pick and it was all smiles and fist pumps, with Tom Donahoe conveniently nowhere in sight 😆

And Eagles social media team posted audio and video from last night’s Milton Williams pick and concentrated on the left side of the room and cut it off as Howie was walking to the side with Tom Donahoe for the now infamous interaction. Spin control!!

Users who are viewing this thread