Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

🦅Official 2021 Philadelphia Eagles Thread🦅 Camp Wemightstinka is finally open!


Recommended Posts

You not going to get stars or probably even starters but don’t underestimate the value of late rounders in building depth, and this team needs that as much as anything

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're the Bears, there's no way you can keep Foles AND Wentz.

Man, really do not want Foles though. Although - maybe giving him the starting job and watching him suck will finally be the things that convinces the weird fanboys to let it go.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JetMaxx said:

Don’t disagree. Given Howie was telling the HC who to activate/deactivate on game days, how empowered would Doug be to forcefully coach the guy who Howie paid $128M while mounting a life sized Wentz poster in his office?

 

1 hour ago, JetMaxx said:

Verbiage. Thankfully Howie didn’t actually mount the poster but he did put it up on his wall. 

 

1 hour ago, JetMaxx said:

please share the links 

Dude how have you not at least looked into this garbage headline yourself? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, renesauz said:

:shrug: I think he's definitely worth a first. Teams spend 1sts ALL THE TIME on unproven QBs....who often fail. This is a guy who not so long ago made a legitimate run at an MVP title. I get the contract issues, but also get that if he returns to even just 2019 levels he's not that expensive. The cap hit to another team simply isn't that bad with Philly eating much of the bonuses.

Saying that....there's certainly too much risk to justify a high first or multiple firsts. Indy's #1 feels about right to me....and that's a team and situation that would be perfect for Wentz to walk into and succeed. Chicago.....isn't.

 

 

ETA: Still don't want him moved at all. 

Agree I really want to keep him.  But he doesn't want to be here man, I think its just beyond repair at this point.  Maybe best for a fresh start for both of us, just like it was with Andy.

If we get COHEN+FOLES+PICK 20, that's huge.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

If you're the Bears, there's no way you can keep Foles AND Wentz.

Man, really do not want Foles though. Although - maybe giving him the starting job and watching him suck will finally be the things that convinces the weird fanboys to let it go.

Bears fans don’t have the fixation on Foles though. Could work there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Ash said:

No offence Nick, we’ll always have 2017 (and 2013), but it didn’t work out and I don’t want you back.

Foles isn't good enough to be our starter.  And Hero-Foles as a backup to Hurts?  Why would you do that to the kid? 

It's like Howie is hellbent on having a QB controversy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Foles isn't good enough to be our starter.  And Hero-Foles as a backup to Hurts?  Why would you do that to the kid? 

It's like Howie is hellbent on having a QB controversy.

It’s the same kind of disconnected stupidity that makes you draft a QB in round 2 and say you’re creating a QB factory. It’s unbelievable how stupid this organization has become if he comes back.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eskin now echoes it as well but adds that we will also give a pick:

Rumors all over tonight on #Eagles trade of QB Carson Wentz. Here’s what I’m told. Wentz and a draft pick to #Bears for number 1 draft pick, QB Nick Foles, and RB Tarik Cohen who is coming off ACL injury but should be ready in September. @SportsRadioWIP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Eskin now echoes it as well but adds that we will also give a pick:

Rumors all over tonight on #Eagles trade of QB Carson Wentz. Here’s what I’m told. Wentz and a draft pick to #Bears for number 1 draft pick, QB Nick Foles, and RB Tarik Cohen who is coming off ACL injury but should be ready in September. @SportsRadioWIP

The pick we send them better not be pick 6 lol

  • Laughing 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, babydemon90 said:

I really hope we get Chase though. I can just see us drafting Smith, and then find out he never is able to beat bump coverage and get off the line in time in the NFL.

Howie's making the pick? Whichever one we choose, it'll be wrong. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ash said:

Agree. Draft picks only. You can get mediocre player for cheap on the open market. 
 

No offence Nick, we’ll always have 2017 (and 2013), but it didn’t work out and I don’t want you back. 
 

Tarik Cohen is the other name I’ve heard which would be almost as dumb. I’d rather have extra picks, even late rounders that that. 

Eating the Foles contract I’m sure would be part of the deal to give up good picks. 

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

The range of my expectations is is giving away multiple picks to get rid of the contract to getting multiple 1sr round picks because teams still value Wentz lol

I remember being all like "wait, we gave Foles AND a second for Bradford? Shouldn't we have been getting the second?" 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

Just don't expect a 2nd again like the way you guys fleeced my Redskins trading us an old broken down McNabb. :wall:

Dude thats on your GM being an idiot. We just happily accepted it and didn't look back. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JetMaxx said:

Don’t disagree. Given Howie was telling the HC who to activate/deactivate on game days, how empowered would Doug be to forcefully coach the guy who Howie paid $128M while mounting a life sized Wentz poster in his office?

Thats already been proven false. It was a mural/poster with Cox and Wentz and I believe one other guy. McLane sugar coated it for a better story. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Howie probably has a 610 or 484 anyway lol

Well he lives in West Chester so 610 or 484 is definitely what he has. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:


I’d bet money he’s gone after this year. I think he’s only back to fix the cap mess he created.

 

And I should have added more context to this one. A former player bashing the team surly has an axe to grind as well, so take that FWIW

 

Definitely. I mentioned it a bunch but I thought Doug should have been coaching with “F U money” but he coached scared more and more after the SB. So strange. 

Depends who the player is IMHO. There's certain ex players you know take a grain of salt and then there's the Chris Long's of the world who you know if he mentions something bad it's not because he has an ax to grind but it's true. 

And yeah my take the whole time has been Howie is only back to help fix the cap mess he created himself. Howie has been able to get out of the mess before plus it allows a new GM to come in here and work with some flexibility and a clean slate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

REALLY wish we could get SF’s 1 for Wentz 

I would honestly take their 1st and Jimmy GQ. I know there's a lot of negativity for that guy but I think he's a decent QB and I could live with Jimmy GQ as a stop gap over having to watch Hurts again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

“Source is telling me Bears deal for Wentz is close. Foles is speculated to be included with another offensive player and a first rounder.”

If this F’ing dude brings Foles back I will lose my ####. I am not a Hurts guy but JFC if he’s the guy let him be the guy. 

Hurts doesn't have a lot o support from what I was told which is why I still wonder why they even picked the guy to begin with. You'd think a guy coming off his rookie year they drafted in the 2nd round would have more supporters. Which leads me to believe the Eagles don't think he is the guy and Hurts may have been another move to possible please Doug. 

Some idiot on twitter had this fine trade. Had me ROFL

Eagles get

Tarik Cohen

Nick Foles

Bears 1st this year

Bears get 

Carson Wentz

This years Eagles 2nd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Balco said:

If any gm is dumb enough to give up a first for wentz it’s definitely Pace.

I mean Minny gave us a 1st for Sam Bradford and Wentz is way more talented and better then him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

 

 

Dude how have you not at least looked into this garbage headline yourself? 

Like we've said he's probably trolling at this point 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Pip's Invitation said:

I remember being all like "wait, we gave Foles AND a second for Bradford? Shouldn't we have been getting the second?" 

We all did. But then MINN kindly helped us out of Bradford and gave us a 1st 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So as promised I talked to one of the Florida guys but he hadn't seen my message to him till tonight. Here's what he said about Johnson Both the guys I asked was Felipe Franks and Kyle Trask btw. 

"Hey man! Sorry, I didn’t see this at first. Anyway, from what people on the team I know tell me, Johnson is great at simplifying things for the QB and then slowly ramping up the responsibilities or expectations if the QB is successful. I’d say the QB development at Florida for both those guys (plus Emory Jones) was about 60/40 in favor of Mullen vs. Johnson. Johnson would run all the film sessions and would do most of the game day coaching, but the practice coaching was almost all Mullen. Hope that helps!"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone mentioned this the other day how we have 20 something pages in the 2021 Eagles Thread and well we are now at 32 and we just reached SB Sunday. To put this in perspective The TB thread for 2020 a team playing in the SB tomorrow only has 2 pages total. Yes you Read that right and it was started in September 2020. Just wanted to say glad I can post ( I know some of you hate my lengthy posts :P) in a thread with some really knowledgeable and passionate fans of my favorite team. Would hate to be rooting for one of these teams here who has barely 10 pages or worse no team thread. 

Edited by DJackson10
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

We all did. But then MINN kindly helped us out of Bradford and gave us a 1st 

God, Sam Bradford. Never seen a player be less then the sum of his parts like that before or since. 

Edited by Ash
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ash said:

Now, I’m ok with them bringing back Foles if they think there’s a market for Hurts...

Yep, would LOVE to trade Hurts for a 2nd.  Would give us Foles + QB at 6 + pick 20 + 2nd rounders

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ash said:

Now, I’m ok with them bringing back Foles if they think there’s a market for Hurts...

If Foles comes back I was assuming he’s the clear back up and just to honor him for being BDN Super Bowl champ? We don’t want him seeing the field do we?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GoBirds said:

If Foles comes back I was assuming he’s the clear back up and just to honor him for being BDN Super Bowl champ? We don’t want him seeing the field do we?

Based on talent, yes.

However, there's no way Hurts has a clear shot to prove himself with the spectre of Foles hanging over him. Any other vet I'd be fine with. Foles? Trade Hurts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

Based on talent, yes.

However, there's no way Hurts has a clear shot to prove himself with the spectre of Foles hanging over him. Any other vet I'd be fine with. Foles? Trade Hurts.

So we are getting rid of Wentz....and Hurts....to have Foles? No thanks. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Deamon said:

Agree I really want to keep him.  But he doesn't want to be here man, I think its just beyond repair at this point.  Maybe best for a fresh start for both of us, just like it was with Andy.

If we get COHEN+FOLES+PICK 20, that's huge.

I agree, and I get it. Was more about replying to others in here saying Wentz NOT worth a 1st. I whole-heartedly disagree with that notion, even with his contract

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, GoBirds said:

Eating the Foles contract I’m sure would be part of the deal to give up good picks. 

Right, before considering whether Wentz is actually worth his current contract the Bears don't have the space for him regardless. Gotta force some contracts on the Eagles and they'll probably have to create more space on top anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the Eagles can get the 20 pick for him, that is a great return imo. Trading for Foles is curious though. Is it just a cap move for the Bears? Agree with the people here that Foles back in Philly would start an instant QB controversy among the fans. I can imagine the dumb calls to WIP already. Sportstalkers would love it, that’s for sure. 

Although an even more hilarious outcome would be if Wentz and Foles ended up on the same team again.

Edited by Johnny Utah #9
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

So we are getting rid of Wentz....and Hurts....to have Foles? No thanks. 

I would say more we are getting rid of Wentz and Hurts to have a fresh rookie in 2022.

I think at this point, that's my preferred option. I dont think Wentz is gonna figure it out here, he clearly is checked out. Im not sold on Hurts. Foles is obviously not good. This season is a bust - doesn't matter, this season will be a losing one. I'd prefer to give Hurts a chance in case I'm wrong - but I dont know what kind of chance hed have with Foles as backup.

Edited by babydemon90
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Johnny Utah #9 said:

If the Eagles can get the 20 pick for him, that is a great return imo. Trading for Foles is curious though. Is it just a cap move for the Bears? Agree with the people here that Foles back in Philly would start an instant QB controversy among the fans. I can imagine the calls to WIP already. Sportstalkers would love it, that’s for sure. 

Although an even more hilarious outcome would be if Wentz and Foles ended up on the same team again.

I think that hilarious outcome is a big part of why Chicago would move him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

I would say more we are getting rid of Wentz and Hurts to have a fresh rookie in 2022.

I think at this point, that's my preferred option. I dont think Wentz is gonna figure it out here, he clearly is checked out. Im not sold on Hurts. Foles is obviously not good. This season is a bust - doesn't matter, this season will be a losing one. I'd prefer to give Hurts a chance in case I'm wrong - but I dont know what kind of chance hed have with Foles as backup.

Foles has been terrible at his last 2 stops, I can’t see anyone that’s paid attention seriously thinking he’s more than a backup at this stage. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Johnny Utah #9 said:

If the Eagles can get the 20 pick for him, that is a great return imo

How would you feel if we were getting #20, but we were giving up #37 (our 2nd rounder) in return? I think that's more likely than a straight gain of a 1st round pick. It helps the Eagles save face and tout that they "got a 1st round pick in return" but in reality it would just get us a move-up of 17 spots for our 2nd pick in the draft. 

A pick swap to move 17 spots and 2 players (Foles? A CB?) for Wentz may wind up being the best-case outcome. We got more value for Bradford. 

Edited by The Noid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, The Noid said:

How would you feel if we were getting #20, but we were giving up #37 (our 2nd rounder) in return? I think that's more likely than a straight gain of a 1st round pick. It helps the Eagles save face and tout that they "got a 1st round pick in return" but in reality it would just get us a move-up of 17 spots for our 2nd pick in the draft. 

A pick swap to move 17 spots and 2 players (Foles? A CB?) for Wentz may wind up being the best-case outcome. We got more value for Bradford. 

I obviously wouldn’t like that as much for you guys, but I would probably still do it. I think the bridges are burned with Wentz at this point and it’s best to move on. But it’s tough to say not knowing what the market is for him. Were the Colts ever in play? If so it would be easier to play Chicago and Indy off each other and get a better return, but it’s tough if it’s mainly just the Bears with serious interest.

I will say that I think some good talent is going to be available at 20 this year. Especially if this ridiculous notion of five QBs going in the top 10-15 picks actually happens. As a Skins fan, I’m really liking the projected talent that could drop and be there at 19. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, The Noid said:

A pick swap to move 17 spots and 2 players (Foles? A CB?) for Wentz may wind up being the best-case outcome. We got more value for Bradford. 

Yep. This entire thing is a colossal failure across the board. If Wentz is successful all Foles and Hurts will hear about us him even after he’s gone. 

And I just noticed that Cohen, who’s rumored to be part of this deal, is coming off of ACL surgery and is the 13th highest lad RB next year. 

For 17 spots im just telling Wentz he’s staying. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

“Source is telling me Bears deal for Wentz is close. Foles is speculated to be included with another offensive player and a first rounder.”

If this F’ing dude brings Foles back I will lose my ####. I am not a Hurts guy but JFC if he’s the guy let him be the guy. 

That has to be a troll job. No way they send Foles back a 3rd time with a 3rd coach.

Edited by Insein
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Donny Loved Bowling said:

Then we wasted it on Nate Allen. 🤬

Nate wasn't terrible he did create some turnovers but was always injury prone and after tearing his knee never the same again

Edited by DJackson10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Insein said:

That has to be a troll job. No way they send Foles back a 3rd time with a 3rd coach.

4th coach actually.  Reid, Kelly, Pederson...  Sirianni?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The Noid changed the title to 🦅Official 2021 Philadelphia Eagles Thread🦅 Camp Wemightstinka is finally open!
  • The Noid changed the title to 🦅Official 2021 Philadelphia Eagles Thread🦅 Welcome to Philly, Steven Nelson! CB2 no longer our biggest weakness.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...