What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (5 Viewers)

Rotoworld reporting Indy offered two 2nds for Wentz. 

Eagles shoulda taken that, IMO. Not a bad fit for the Colts if you think Wentz is salvageable. They have a good line such would conceivably help keep Wentz from making so many boneheaded decisions under duress. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe you believe that.
I kinda do, yeah. I’m in the very rare minority that still sees potential in Wentz.

And I fully acknowledge the dumpster fire he’s been in Philly since his injury. 

I guess it’s the pre-injury Favrian-esque ability to get out of sacks and make magic happen that’s still somehow in my mind.

I think Wentz is broken. But I’m not convinced it’s irreparable. Having an OL would be a huge help. Having competent weapons as well. Put him on the Colts & apply quality coaching - could be a bargain. 

I’m also not 100% sold on Lawrence, so that figures in too. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
I’d still probably take Wentz over Lawrence. We’ve seen Wentz be good. He looked like the next ARod until the offense imploded all around him. Now he looks shellshocked. 
Yeah I don't take a lot of these guys at face value using once in a generation Athlete. It's an over used termed that has lost its true meaning over the last decade and a half especially when it comes to basketball. 

Per Jeremy Fowler

As the Carson Wentz trade saga continues, some people around the league also expect the Eagles to explore options with Zach Ertz, who is bracing for a change of scenery via release or trade, per source. Perhaps Philly could include him in a Wentz trade package to maximize value

Mike Kaye reported earlier in the week that the Colts also were in talks of including additional players and noted Fowlers report of Ertz being included for a better return.

This is Similar the Lions also asked for Aaron Donald in the Goff/Stafford trade but was told he wasn't available per other reports. LAR had to give up a 2nd as they weren't willing to give up other players in the deal. 

Tim McManus actually brought this up 3 days ago in an article 

Why not package Wentz and Zach Ertz together?

One solution to finding proper value could be including the Eagles' veteran tight end, who is one of Wentz's best friends, in the deal. Contract talks between Ertz and the Eagles came to an impasse last offseason, and it's pretty clear at this point a split is inevitable.

Ertz, 30, was limited to 11 games because of injury in 2020 and had a down season overall, but has otherwise been a force in the league. He led the Eagles in both catches and receiving yards in each of the previous four seasons and posted more catches through the first seven seasons of his career (525) than any other tight end in NFL history.

Reich would no doubt welcome a reunion with Ertz, one of the heroes from the Eagles' Super Bowl LII win against the New England Patriots. The Colts have the salary-cap room to absorb Ertz's 2021 base salary of $8.25 million.

The Eagles would rightly expect to get a pretty handsome package back for Wentz and Ertz while freeing up some cash moving forward.

Maybe it proves a bit too complicated an endeavor to include both players in a package, but it's at least worth discussing, and might get us closer to ending Wentz Watch 2021.

Per Rob Maaddi

Just said on @975TheFanatic I believe #Eagles feel they don't have to trade Carson Wentz because they know he's not a troublemaker. He'd come back, compete & honor his contract. It's not ideal but they know his character. It's an advantage IF they don't get an acceptable offer.

Per Rob Maaddi

Just said on @975TheFanatic I believe #Eagles feel they don't have to trade Carson Wentz because they know he's not a troublemaker. He'd come back, compete & honor his contract. It's not ideal but they know his character. It's an advantage IF they don't get an acceptable offer.
And he added:

I still think a trade is more likely but I disagree with the idea that it's impossible to bring him back because they know who he is and he's not that guy who will force his way out and be a malcontent if he doesn't get his way.

And he added:

I still think a trade is more likely but I disagree with the idea that it's impossible to bring him back because they know who he is and he's not that guy who will force his way out and be a malcontent if he doesn't get his way.
yeah didn't see the 2nd tweet yet 

Granted I’m not familiar with every salary cap implication but am I alone in thinking that every old vet with value should be traded if there’s a market?

Ertz, Cox, Brooks, Graham, Slay come to mind, anyone else?

Do they garner a 3rd or 4th rd pick from a contender? 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
I’d still probably take Wentz over Lawrence. We’ve seen Wentz be good. He looked like the next ARod until the offense imploded all around him. Now he looks shellshocked. 
Sounds like you picked the wrong week to stop sniffin' glue ;)  

Hot Sauce Guy said:
I kinda do, yeah. I’m in the very rare minority that still sees potential in Wentz.

And I fully acknowledge the dumpster fire he’s been in Philly since his injury. 

I guess it’s the pre-injury Favrian-esque ability to get out of sacks and make magic happen that’s still somehow in my mind.

I think Wentz is broken. But I’m not convinced it’s irreparable. Having an OL would be a huge help. Having competent weapons as well. Put him on the Colts & apply quality coaching - could be a bargain. 

I’m also not 100% sold on Lawrence, so that figures in too. 
I too still believe Wentz can succeed, especially on the Colts, but I would take Lawrence over him and not think twice about it.

I too still believe Wentz can succeed, especially on the Colts, but I would take Lawrence over him and not think twice about it.
That’s fair - we can both have our takes on that. Time will tell which is the better of the two. I feel like the Colts are pretty well primed to win now. They have the framework in place for a QB to come in and succeed in 2021. Not every rookie QB does so.  So then the question becomes “which is more likely, a Wentz reclamation project or a rookie QB taking them to the playoffs?”

I wouldn’t bet the farm on either, but I feel like there’s a higher % chance for the experienced QB to do well. 

Sounds like you picked the wrong week to stop sniffin' glue ;)  
Sounds more like I’m bold enough to have an outside the box opinion without insulting others for theirs. :shrug:  

I’m quite sober, but I appreciate a good airplane reference as much as the next guy.

I have him too but I also have Tonyan in a 10 man keeper league. Based on the guys I have I might be keeping Tonyan though 
Off-topic now but I have EEngram, both the Cinci TEs & Gronk, so I wouldn’t mind Ertz gaining a little value before the draft so I can dump him in some kinda package. 

Lawrence is pretty pro ready to my eyes. Played in the biggest games, against the best competition and has been fantastic. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:

Sounds more like I’m bold enough to have an outside the box opinion without insulting others for theirs. :shrug:  

I’m quite sober, but I appreciate a good airplane reference as much as the next guy.
Not sure why you think they should have taken the colts 2 2nds when you Wentz higher than 1.1 in the NFL draft.  

Granted I’m not familiar with every salary cap implication but am I alone in thinking that every old vet with value should be traded if there’s a market?

Ertz, Cox, Brooks, Graham, Slay come to mind, anyone else?

Do they garner a 3rd or 4th rd pick from a contender? 
I agree. If you can get a 3rd for any of them, go for it. Maybe a 2nd for slay because he has value as a player for this team. 

It doesn't hurt to try, but the Eagles will have to drop their asking price for Wentz if they want to trade him.  They should have jumped on the Colts offer of two 2nd rd picks.
Well if Ertz is now being added I would think that Indy would have to give up more. They can more then afford both players and Indy is in that position of a QB away from competing deep into the playoffs. Add a TE like Ertz who is far more talented then what they have now and who Reich knows along with Wentz and Indy could be well on their way if they fix Wentz. 

Well if Ertz is now being added I would think that Indy would have to give up more. They can more then afford both players and Indy is in that position of a QB away from competing deep into the playoffs. Add a TE like Ertz who is far more talented then what they have now and who Reich knows along with Wentz and Indy could be well on their way if they fix Wentz. 
I'm not so sure Ertz isn't past his prime and is any better than Burton right now.

I'm not so sure Ertz isn't past his prime and is any better than Burton right now.
I don't think Ertz is in the conversation for elite TEs in the league any more but he did look a lot more mobile later in the season once he came back.  He still understands route running and leverage as well as any TE in the game and I think he can still be a good starter.  He's not a dynamic playmaker but he can still be a consistent #2 type target and has some value.

I don't think Ertz is in the conversation for elite TEs in the league any more but he did look a lot more mobile later in the season once he came back.  He still understands route running and leverage as well as any TE in the game and I think he can still be a good starter.  He's not a dynamic playmaker but he can still be a consistent #2 type target and has some value.
Not enough to give any more for Wentz,

Why would they give more for Ertz when they can just wait until he’s cut and go sign him then? How does he require anyone to give more for Wentz?

sorry JohnnyU, I was posting while you were. 

As an Ertz owner last year I can safely say that any GM that gives up a pick for that guy is negligent and should be fired. He is completely washed.

As a Skins fan, I wouldn’t even want them to take a flier on him if he’s cut. 

I don’t believe that at all. He is getting released. Doubt there are even 7th round offers.
Per Ed Krac both have reached out and also this from him 

SOURCE: #Eagles have talked to Seahawks, Colts about trade for Zach Ertz. While it may prove difficult from a salary cap standpoint to make Carson Wentz and Ertz a package deal to Indy, maybe Ertz and Andre Dillard go in same deal. Here's a closer look:

Colts may not get Wentz but two others could

Why would they give more for Ertz when they can just wait until he’s cut and go sign him then? How does he require anyone to give more for Wentz?

sorry JohnnyU, I was posting while you were. 
This is the problem, I admit.  I see it more as an option to shore up the value on the Eagles side of the deal than a way to get more.  I'm still not convinced they get a 1st round pick.

SOURCE: #Eagles have talked to Seahawks, Colts about trade for Zach Ertz. While it may prove difficult from a salary cap standpoint to make Carson Wentz and Ertz a package deal to Indy, maybe Ertz and Andre Dillard go in same deal. Here's a closer look:

if they could get something for Dillard at this point, I'd do it in a second.

if they could get something for Dillard at this point, I'd do it in a second.
It would not surprise me in the least if Rashawn Slater is in play if they stay at 6. Elite talent that can play inside or outside. He provides an excellent hedge in the event of a trade of Dilliard, release or trade of Brooks and Lane’s collapsing ankle. 

Still don’t believe that teams have asked about Ertz. I believe the Eagles may have gauged interest in Ertz. 

It would not surprise me in the least if Rashawn Slater is in play if they stay at 6. Elite talent that can play inside or outside. He provides an excellent hedge in the event of a trade of Dilliard, release or trade of Brooks and Lane’s collapsing ankle. 
Slater can’t play outside in this league at 6’3”. He’ll be strictly a guard and you’re not taking him at 6 

We are giving up on Dillard already? 
Because he is actually soft it seems. I wouldn’t deal him though, he may just need time. 

Thank God Howie doesn't listen to the radio. Giglio on middays saying Eagles need to just take whatever they can for Carson and move on. Even if they have to throw a pick in like Goff. You have to hand it to the guy. His hate Carson schtick is like a moustouched villain at this point complete with tophat and cape. 

Apparently there is more then just play issues involved. He didn't take going to RT professionally and pouted and sulked about it which some contributed as part of his poor play. 
I would tell him to suck it up, he’s still on a cheap contract no way I move him with the cap issues we have. 

Users who are viewing this thread