What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (4 Viewers)

Everyone. And we mean everyone, please be more cool in here. I know this is tame for lots of boards but we're trying to operate differently and more cool to each other.

Another mock another prognostication that eagles take a qb.  Fields at 6.

my question is can they take a qb in round one and keep hurts?  The old not looking over their shoulder at hurts argument - but besides that, isnt hurts value too high to ride the pines?

my question is can they take a qb in round one and keep hurts?  The old not looking over their shoulder at hurts argument - but besides that, isnt hurts value too high to ride the pines?
Who knows? It's not like the new coach is beholden to Hurts. Plus with Howie leading the way, they can justify another QB any way they like. 

With that said, I think these QB mocks are leaks from the team to get other teams to trade up to their spot or higher to drive good players down to six.

Another Jeff McClane drama piece today. The problem with these pieces is that some of it very may be true but when he adds parts like this. 

"Lurie is a likable figure. He’s idealistic, which can often leave him unsatisfied. Even after the Super Bowl win, he questioned defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz on his unit’s poor performance against the Patriots.

A year later, after the Eagles skirted past the Bears in the first round of the playoffs, Lurie was despondent in the locker room because the offense had scored only 16 points, sources said. In 2019, when the Eagles upset the Packers on the road, 34-27, Lurie’s elation was muted because the offense had favored the running game."

Come on now. Lurie was far from despondent after a playoff win and who would ever get upset with a win because they ran the ball too much. These are absurd anecdotes that make the rest unbelievable by association.
No one wants to nitpick a Super Bowl win, but I would have more of a concern if Lurie was happy with the defenses performance. :shrug:

They wouldn't keep Hurts longer then this year unless they plan on using him like Tysom Hill. Hurts is a better passer then Hill but both have similar skillsets and Hurts could play H-Back/TE etc if needed. However they'd probably just want to trade him. I know they aren't sold on Hurts and even Les Bowen was surprised with Mort's report about the Eagles all in on Hurts. Most of upper manager didn't want Carson gone but after they realized they couldn't make amends. I'd be shocked if they don't take a QB. Besides we got a new HC who probably wants HIS GUY. 

We all had issue with the defense. But if Lurie was so upset with the defense, he sure showed it in a funny way by letting Schwartz stay on as DC for 3 more seasons.
Hear me out on this one. We've all speculated Doug Pederson was never THEIR GUY despite them saying he was all along. Did The Eagles keep Schwartz solely because he had HC experience? If Doug were fired Schwartz at the time takes over at least as an intermediary. You let go of Schwartz whos intermHC if Doug gets fired? I know its a weak argument but perhaps this was their thinking. Just based on their moves involving Doug and his assistants one has to wonder if Lurie didn't have much faith in Doug anyway. 

Another Jeff McClane drama piece today. The problem with these pieces is that some of it very may be true but when he adds parts like this. 

"Lurie is a likable figure. He’s idealistic, which can often leave him unsatisfied. Even after the Super Bowl win, he questioned defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz on his unit’s poor performance against the Patriots.

A year later, after the Eagles skirted past the Bears in the first round of the playoffs, Lurie was despondent in the locker room because the offense had scored only 16 points, sources said. In 2019, when the Eagles upset the Packers on the road, 34-27, Lurie’s elation was muted because the offense had favored the running game."

Come on now. Lurie was far from despondent after a playoff win and who would ever get upset with a win because they ran the ball too much. These are absurd anecdotes that make the rest unbelievable by association.
Yep. He’s a story teller and ALWAYS embellishes. He’s 100% a tabloid journalist and has been doing this for a long, long time. The worst part is that everyone knows it too but it’s always a “big story”, hes literally Scott Templeton from the Wire lol

Yep. He’s a story teller and ALWAYS embellishes. He’s 100% a tabloid journalist and has been doing this for a long, long time. The worst part is that everyone knows it too but it’s always a “big story”, hes literally Scott Templeton from the Wire lol
Not sure why anyone gives him the time of day anymore. I'm waiting for one of these players to go Jake Voracek on him. That would be something. 

Also how bad am I to have never watched The Wire? I hear good things about it but I've been catching up on so much over the years it's hard to keep track especially when you are trying to stay current with everyone. 

Not exactly sure what was wrong with what I posted. I was explaining to another poster what I meant in post do to an accidentally post in the wrong thread that got an off topic discussion going but I'll degrees on it. 

Exactly what was quoted. Do way less calling people gullible and be way more cool if you want to post here. Thanks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Between all of the “immaturity” issues he made up in the Cam Newton thread and now these accusations about RGIII and Vick, I’m starting to see a pattern.
We already asked him to be more cool. Drop it. This kind of slap fighting to keep the drama going between posters is exactly what we don't want. 

Keep it 100% about Football. Not other posters. 

Sorry, I wasn’t looking to fight - just an observation that he likes to make up unsubstantiated issues with some players and I think I see a pattern developing  that’s a little gross to be honest.

But I will drop it.
Thank you. If you see something like you're saying thats's well over the line and needs a moderator to look, please report it. 

Also how bad am I to have never watched The Wire? I hear good things about it but I've been catching up on so much over the years it's hard to keep track especially when you are trying to stay current with everyone. 
Dude.  You gotta watch the wire.  I didn’t like the last season much, but before that, some of the best TV there is.

Exactly what was quoted. Do way less calling people gullible and be way more cool if you want to post here. Thanks. 
I appreciate the response back. I was just a little surprised that got the attention here as it wasn't anyone specific here. So that was a bit surprising. 

Reports have Zach Ertz becoming impatient as they are looking for a high draft pick to trade him. 
I think Tuesday is the deadline before a bonus kicks in. They'll probably take the best offer as they don't get comp picks if they cut him. 

Also guys I apologize for the mods showing up here. Was a bit surprised to say the least about the post that was warned. Apologizing because It wouldn't have happened had I posted what brought that post up in the right thread. Not sure what that other noise was about nor do I care 

Dianna Russina reported a top FA WR she talked too said he was willing to take a 1 year prove it deal. She them further went into detailing saying she's heard a few top WR FAs might do this. I wouldn't be opposed to this for the right guy and money and if they play worth their weight with more flexibility next offseason to resign them long term. Could be low risk high reward type deal. 

Whoever is the Jets QB got a nice toy 

Former Titans’ WR Corey Davis reached agreement on a three-year, $37.5 million deal that includes $27 million guaranteed with the New York Jets, per sources.

Ya that was agholor's numbers. 
I actually meant Rowe 

Agholor, Rowe and Hicks were Chip’s first 3 picks from 2015 draft and got decent paydays within the last year or so. Meanwhile, our lone holdover from the 2016 draft is Seamolu 

Fire Howie

Users who are viewing this thread