What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (9 Viewers)

Reading up a ton on Gainwell.  Most places had him as the 4th or 5th best RB in the draft, and as a 3rd round RB.  We took him as the 9th RB selected and there's been no issues with him, just that he sat out last year due to losing 3 family members to Covid :(

Crazy good value in the 5th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another guy with a 3rd round grade, falling into the 6th.  Not sure why he slipped, maybe someone can find some info on it.

Howie is CRUSHING day 3 based on pre-draft rankings (not that that means everything)

Terron Jackson, DE Coastal Carolina.

Average value here... most had him as a round 6/7 type guy.  Nothing too exciting here, but good depth in the trench and probably a dart throw here.

Tarron (pronounced tuh-ron) Jackson wears the No. 9 jersey because that was his age when his brother, Daron, passed away from leukemia. He played in four games as a reserve in his first year with the Chanticleers (three tackles, two for loss). He started one of eight games played the following year and posted 20 tackles, 4.5 for loss, with 3.5 sacks. Jackson started all 12 games in 2018, garnering third-team All-Sun Belt Conference honors (58 tackles, 11 for loss, with three sacks). He was a first-team all-conference selection in 2019 after setting a school record with 10 sacks among his team-high 13 tackles for loss (60 total stops, two pass breakups, two forced fumbles). Jackson rode the Chanticleers' wave of popularity in 2020, accumulating a team-high 14 tackles for loss and tying for eighth in the FBS with 8.5 sacks among his 54 total stops (with three forced fumbles) in 12 starts. He was named a first-team Associated Press All-American, Sun Belt Defensive Player of the Year and a finalist for the Nagurski Trophy for his play as a senior. He accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl.

Stocky defensive end with the strength and balanced base that helped him stack up production against Sun Belt competition over the years. He's tough and aggressive at the point of attack, but is not a natural bender, which could hurt his ability to fight off angle blocks and anchor down against NFL opponents. He has a quick arm-over move that will serve him well when looking for gaps off the snap. Jackson is a face-up rusher missing the agility and athleticism to consistently win as an NFL rusher, but his motor and strength to press through the edge are worthy play traits. He has the type of build that could have teams looking to move him to three-technique if he adds weight.

That's a wrap.  Thoughts?

Round 1, pick 10  – DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

Round 2, pick 37 – Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama

Round 3, pick 73 – Milton Williams, DT, Lousiana Tech 

Round 4, pick 123 – Zech McPhearson, CB, Texas Tech

Round 5, pick 150 – Kenneth Gainwell, RB, Memphis

Round 6, pick 189 – Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC

Round 6, pick 191 – Tarron Jackson, DE, Coastal Carolina

Round 6, pick 224 – JaCoby Stevens, S, LSU

Round 7, pick 234 – Patrick Johnson, OLB, Tulane

6 defensive players I like even though I would have preferred a CB or LB in the 3rd instead of DT. If Milton is a starter 2 years from now can't complain.

6 defensive players I like even though I would have preferred a CB or LB in the 3rd instead of DT. If Milton is a starter 2 years from now can't complain.
Ya after we drafted for need at WR/OL in the first two rounds, we pretty much went all defense.  Gainwell the only offensive player in our final 7 picks, and his value was too good to pass up.

SO HAPPY we didn't take some random developmental QB in the 5th or 6th rounds.

FWIW the day after, I like this group a lot.  Dickerson’s health will play a big part in grading this draft in 3 years, I like Gainwell in the 5th, they didn’t burn a pick on future Nate Sudfield and spent the late rounders on players who look like good depth with some upside to contribute.

Quite a few have great character reports and there aren’t any wtf picks, unlike recent years.

👍 from me.  Still, Fire Howie.

Kinda curious about stevens

I really like the JaCoby Steven pick. He's a hybrid S/LB. Heard they would've drafted Hamsah Nasireldean (Who is very similar) but the Jets scooped him up right before our pick. Stevens is a nice consolation prize. The Eagles app had Stevens listed at Safety

UF WR Trevon Grimes is signing with the Eagles

Howie scratches off Alumni off his list now too. Per bleeding Green already signed and some notes

Joshua Pederson (Doug's son) is signing with the 49ers 

Players who reportedly signed with the Eagles

Nebraska TE Jack Stroll

Indiana C Harry Crider (Rookie minicamp tryout?)

Iowa State DE Jaquan Bailey

Georgia QB Jamie Newman

Texas A&M Jhamon Ausbon 

Florida WR Trevon Grimes

Quick thoughts

Newman is an intriguing add. He was No. 174 on PFF’s top 300 big board. The Eagles only had Jalen Hurts and Joe Flacco under contract so Newman is automatically QB3. 

Ausbon overlapped with Eagles wide receivers coach Aaron Moorehead in 2017.

Grimes is a big target at 6’4”, 218 pounds. He has familiarity with Eagles quarterbacks coach and former Gators OC/QB coach Brian Johnson.

Ya after we drafted for need at WR/OL in the first two rounds, we pretty much went all defense.  Gainwell the only offensive player in our final 7 picks, and his value was too good to pass up.

SO HAPPY we didn't take some random developmental QB in the 5th or 6th rounds.
We picked up UGA's Jamie Newsome in UDFA

One of the UDFA QB's I was interested to see where he went was Felipe Franks. Former UF QB who Transferred after he broke his leg and Kyle Trask took the job and never gave it up. Franks OC/QB coach at Florida was Eagles QB Coach Brian Johnson. Franks ends up in ATL with William Penn Charter QB Matt Ryan 

One of the UDFA QB's I was interested to see where he went was Felipe Franks. Former UF QB who Transferred after he broke his leg and Kyle Trask took the job and never gave it up. Franks OC/QB coach at Florida was Eagles QB Coach Brian Johnson. Franks ends up in ATL with William Penn Charter QB Matt Ryan 
Hell no.  That guy sucks

Deamon said:
Reading up a ton on Gainwell.  Most places had him as the 4th or 5th best RB in the draft, and as a 3rd round RB.  We took him as the 9th RB selected and there's been no issues with him, just that he sat out last year due to losing 3 family members to Covid :(

Crazy good value in the 5th.
a lot of pre draft rankings had him as easily the best pass catching RB in the draft. I don't know if all those drops last year were on Miles or Carson, but can't say they didn't get Hurts some quality weapons this draft

a lot of pre draft rankings had him as easily the best pass catching RB in the draft. I don't know if all those drops last year were on Miles or Carson, but can't say they didn't get Hurts some quality weapons this draft
Yep I like the draft.  Got Hurts weapons at WR and RB, as well as some needed protection, then spent the rest on the replacements for our aging defense. 

Matt's Eagles said:
Eagles get a steal in Gainwell at pick 150
I was looking at Philly's Draft, they got so much better and have an extra 1st next year to work on their Secondary which did find a decent prospect but overall I like what they did at WR and Gainwell is going to find his way out there, at least as a receiving option at times, Eagles fans will like him. 

They found a lot of beef for the DL as well, nothing wrong in making themselves better int he trenches, also the Dickerson selection likely a home run. 

If we grade teams just for not reaching on players earlier than they were projected to go, with a small bonus for getting good value on players significantly after they were expected to go, the grades come out like this:

DEN 100% A+
CHI 99% A+
BUF 93% A
DET 93% A
CLE 88% B+
NE 88% B+
ARI 88% B+
KC 88% B+
PHI 88% B+
CAR 86% B
CIN 85% B
NYG 85% B
NYJ 82% B-
TEN 81% B-
BAL 80% B-
JAX 80% B-
MIA 79% C+
LAC 74% C
MIN 73% C
HOU 72% C-
WAS 71% C-
SEA 70% C-
PIT 70% C-
TB 69% D+
ATL 69% D+
IND 69% D+
SF 68% D+
GB 68% D+
DAL 64% D
LV 64% D
NO 57% F
LAR 44% F

The percentages are what came out of my calculations, and they just happen to match the standard grading scale with a relatively harsh curve (a C+ average).

These are not quite overall grades, since they aren't affected by trades, or player-team fit, or whether the team seems to have a plan, or any evaluation of the player besides where he was ranked on pre-draft big boards.
I'm happy to be tied for 5th here with 88%.  Think Howie did a pretty good job overall in terms of not reaching and getting value, and it also hit our needs pretty well too.

It’s all gonna hinge on the top 5 and what they become in the next year or two. I like a lot of the guys here and they’re in positions we need contributions from soon. Our OL should have phenomenal depth to start the year. I didn’t know much about Williams of McPhearson but they read well from a lot of places. 

Those are the ones I like best.

Worried you all wll be picking Top5 with someone else's draft selection

That is all

Dickerson is the key.  If he's as good as they think.....this is a very nice draft.  If not, there's a number of guys taken behind him who we will be adding to the Warren Sapp/Earl Thomas/Jefferson/Metcalf list of players the fanbase thought the Eagles should have taken.  

I was looking at Philly's Draft, they got so much better and have an extra 1st next year to work on their Secondary which did find a decent prospect but overall I like what they did at WR and Gainwell is going to find his way out there, at least as a receiving option at times, Eagles fans will like him. 

They found a lot of beef for the DL as well, nothing wrong in making themselves better int he trenches, also the Dickerson selection likely a home run. 
We also traded 2 picks this year for a 5th next year. Already 10 picks for next year 

Dickerson is the key.  If he's as good as they think.....this is a very nice draft.  If not, there's a number of guys taken behind him who we will be adding to the Warren Sapp/Earl Thomas/Jefferson/Metcalf list of players the fanbase thought the Eagles should have taken.  
I think a lot of people are over this one considering Brandon Graham made one of the biggest plays to help us win the SB. He's also playing and has played for the same team since drafted, while ET was good he got a contract dispute and left Sea and was released from Dal after becoming a malcontent in the locker room, missing practices, fighting with teammates and being all about Earl Thomas. He is still a FA now btw. Hindsight 20/20 here I think the Eagles made the right call. We got our Super Bowl with our guy and the dude is a class act. When the Ravens release you for locker room issues it's not a good sign 

Users who are viewing this thread