What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (12 Viewers)

So 10+ teams who would take him if he was available in round 1 are lead by incompetent idiots who evaluate QB's worse than you do?  Ok.
I liked how Dan Orlovsky went about talking QBs about a month ago. I think he was doing the Florida game vs LSU or maybe another SEC Game (Been an SEC Network Color guy this year). He said something to the degree about NFL Teams and scouts are scouting the position all wrong when asked why so many high picks at QB fail. He mentioned how we put too much into athletic ability and ability overall but not enough whats between their ears and other things. Like Football IQ, are they mentally capable being an NFL QB and other things. I forget most of the details but specifically mentioned we need to evaluate QBs and put more importance on what goes on in there brain, decision making, how to read defenses and adjust, leading a team etc and stop letting the athletic ability be the end all be all in determining where a QB is picked. 

I agree but I’m sure when he last spoke with Doug he anticipated Doug’s reaction today and had things lined up. He even said he’s always looking just in case things happen like they did when Josh McDaniels backed out of the Indy job and they took Reich

McDaniels is another one that is getting zero recognition right now too. I wonder if he’d be an option. 
McDaniels as an OC is great. As a coach he's a train wreck. I think Josh Knows he's an OC and nothing more and likes having his job in NE. 

4 rounds too early for a project QB who's most likely an NFL back up. Fields based on play warrants a top 5 selection but I wouldn't touch a OSU QB with a 100 foot pole. 
I mentioned Bobby Hoying a few weeks ago, he might be the last OSU QB to have a good game in the NFL.

I don't really agree with a single thing in here. 

Yes they fired a coach that won a super bowl with Foles, but he needed to be fired... have you been following any of this mess?  Doug was a bad OC.

Andy was in no  way "ran out of town".  Anyone with knowledge on the situation knows it was just time.  Awful year, Andy was stale, we needed a change, Andy needed a change.  No chance we win a SB under Andy.... it was probably the best mutual split of a coach/team in NFL history.

Long rebuilds don't happen in the NFL usually.  I agree it will be a 'long rebuild' but that is relative and usually means like 2-3 years in today's NFL.  If Carson gets back to form, we can be okay.

Your avatar unfortunately doesn't seem accurate.

Well my man, I've seen a lot of your posts and being on the other side of the argument isn't too upsetting. 

It's a mess. Wentz will be a huge headache. The contract, crappy attitude, poor play and being the owner's buddy is going to scare any good coach away from the eagles. It's going to take a while to fix all those problems. But take comfort in my avatar, nice low hanging fruit for the kind of person that needs it, that was kind of the point of it in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my man, I've seen a lot of your posts and being on the other side of the argument isn't too upsetting. 

It's a mess. Wentz will be a huge headache. The contract, crappy attitude, poor play and being the owner's buddy is going to scare any good coach away from the eagles. It's going to take a while to fix all those problems. But take comfort in my avatar, nice low hanging fruit for the kind of person that needs it.
:lmao: ummm... ok?

You're not addressing any of the statements you made.  Can you tell me how Andy was "ran out of town"?

I will say this. At least we didn't hang on to a guy just because he won the SB. If they lost confidence in him, then just end it. Don't want to have a Billick or Mccarthy situation where guys won it early and then hung around for 7-8 years after just kind of existing. 
I agree. I worry about my co workers son position but overall what he has going for him is people in the Org like him and from talking to players he's coached he's really liked and well respected. With Lurie and the Eagles history wanting to keep certain coaches over the yrs I hope he's retained. It's not a biased thing either. It'd do wonders for his mother as she lost her oldest son the year we went to the SB too soon. The one who works for the team also just got married over the Summer too. Really awesome kid and a Philly guy too. With everything he did making up for the slackers on the coaching staff he at least deserves a chance or consideration of staying. Duce really loves him too 

I mentioned Bobby Hoying a few weeks ago, he might be the last OSU QB to have a good game in the NFL.
Yep. I'm not biased here either. I like Trask as a QB as an NFL QB from UF I don't know. I think success wise maybe he's an Alex Smith just good enough but needs guys to carry him your Tier 3 QB. Or he's a really great Back up 

It's a mess. Wentz will be a huge headache. The contract, crappy attitude, poor play and being the owner's buddy is going to scare any good coach away from the eagles. It's going to take a while to fix all those problems. But take comfort in my avatar, nice low hanging fruit for the kind of person that needs it, that was kind of the point of it in the first place.
You clearly have no idea on whats going on here. I think you are just trolling for attention. Are you one of those alternate accounts of one of the trolls who normally trolls in here or something? 

Rob Manddi with his write up. This is important when it comes to Carson. 

I was told Doug Pederson and Howie Roseman weren’t on the same page regarding many personal moves and also Carson Wentz had “no input” into Pederson’s firing. Full story

“Carson and Doug got along way better than people think,” a teammate told the AP on Monday. “That stuff got exaggerated.”

Roseman and Pederson didn't see eye to eye. Lurie picked Roseman over Doug

Rob Manddi with his write up. This is important when it comes to Carson. 

I was told Doug Pederson and Howie Roseman weren’t on the same page regarding many personal moves and also Carson Wentz had “no input” into Pederson’s firing. Full story

“Carson and Doug got along way better than people think,” a teammate told the AP on Monday. “That stuff got exaggerated.”

Roseman and Pederson didn't see eye to eye. Lurie picked Roseman over Doug
To go more into this over the last 2 hrs I was talking to someone close to the situation. They said Roseman wanted to Drafted Jefferson but Doug and Staff wanted Reagor (as we know already). Roseman went with Reagor hoping to help solve issues with him and Doug and smooth over relations. Roseman also didn't like Doug's use of Veterans who were not performing over younger talent who should be given a chance. He was really miffed how Jeffrey had more playing time over Fulgham. Lurie saw that Roseman had been doing more to help solve the issues with Pederson but Pederson was not as accepting. Doug and Lurie still have tremendous respect for one another but it was mutually agreed that it was better to part ways not just for both in terms of business but as friends as well at this point. Doug has no ill will towards the Eagles. He's just beyond frustrated he was not allowed more power. He didn't expect the Andy Reid Power but wanted more say in drafts and player personel decisions along with coaching staff. 

On Doug and Wentz relationship Doug didn't want to bench Wentz despite his struggles. Lurie and Roseman gave Doug the nudge nudge wink wink of the "hey it's ok to bench Carson if you have and see what Hurts has". In the end Doug was way too loyal. Doug wasn't a fan of not having more power but he also didn't take advantage of the power he had coaching wise to try and make the situation better. In the end Doug was just too loyal to certain players and coaches. Some believe Doug also got conservative with Carson to protect him from injury. Carson was frustrated when he was benched but at the fact the Eagles started doing a lot of things with Hurts he had asked for and even fans like Playaction rollouts, getting Sanders the ball more, etc. No one knows for sure if the decision to draft Hurts was more of a Lurie/Howie decision or Howie also doing Doug a favor in getting another player he wanted.  

Its possible that concussion did more then we think.
I heard it was bad enough they took his wife from the suite the players families have. They only do that in severe situations. They removed her immediately to go be with her husband shortly after taking him off the field. I was told the Concussion was so bad they had no idea had they pulled it off again and gotten to the SB if Carson would've been ready in time. Thats how bad he got hit. It's also why I keep bringing up how Clowney's hit was such a cheap shot and the NFL didn't do a dam about it. Just shows how hypocritical the league is on "safety of players". All CYA to protect themselves from lawsuits. 

• Smile
Reactions: Ash
I heard it was bad enough they took his wife from the suite the players families have. They only do that in severe situations. They removed her immediately to go be with her husband shortly after taking him off the field. I was told the Concussion was so bad they had no idea had they pulled it off again and gotten to the SB if Carson would've been ready in time. Thats how bad he got hit. It's also why I keep bringing up how Clowney's hit was such a cheap shot and the NFL didn't do a dam about it. Just shows how hypocritical the league is on "safety of players". All CYA to protect themselves from lawsuits. 
There's just so much we dont know about concussions. What if that meant his brain just takes a *little* longer now to process info. At QB - that could mean the difference between 4 and 20 picks. At DE probably not so much.

I agree. I worry about my co workers son position but overall what he has going for him is people in the Org like him and from talking to players he's coached he's really liked and well respected. With Lurie and the Eagles history wanting to keep certain coaches over the yrs I hope he's retained. It's not a biased thing either. It'd do wonders for his mother as she lost her oldest son the year we went to the SB too soon. The one who works for the team also just got married over the Summer too. Really awesome kid and a Philly guy too. With everything he did making up for the slackers on the coaching staff he at least deserves a chance or consideration of staying. Duce really loves him too 
I honestly wouldn't mind Duce getting the job. Never gonna happen but the guy has earned a chance. He never even gets a shot as an interim coach. 

John Metchie III might be the next big prize WR if he enters the draft next year in '22 (That felt weird typing). Kid looks like he could be special too. 

There's just so much we dont know about concussions. What if that meant his brain just takes a *little* longer now to process info. At QB - that could mean the difference between 4 and 20 picks. At DE probably not so much.
I agree it was pretty bad and why the team was livid about the no call do to how bad the injury was. Thankfully we are more carefully with these injuries but at the same time aren't still well versed on the serious brain damage shortly after the concussion 

Is it bad form to try and guess who this is?

Is it bad form to try and guess who this is?
Ash if you want to you can DM me if you know who it is and I'll tell you if you are right. But I would say most people usually don't try and guess and if they believe they know who it is they keep it to themselves usually. 

Its possible that concussion did more then we think.

The concussion was not serious at all and he cleared all protocols by that Wednesday and 100% would have played the following week. 

The concussion was not serious at all and he cleared all protocols by that Wednesday and 100% would have played the following week. 
Cleared yeah but being cleared doesn't mean a dam thing. Anyone who knows anything about concussions knows a Concussion test can only prove so much. There's so much more we don't know about them and guys should probably be out even longer. I've had friends deal with concussions and despite passing tests a neurologists wouldn't clear them to compete do to still having symptoms. You can still pass tests still feelings systems and a lot of these guys try to lie cheat the test just so they can pass and play. 

Back to this game if The Tide had any better defense this game would not be anywhere as close as it's been. Bama probably only has given up 10 PTs with a better D. 

Cleared yeah but being cleared doesn't mean a dam thing. Anyone who knows anything about concussions knows a Concussion test can only prove so much. There's so much more we don't know about them and guys should probably be out even longer. I've had friends deal with concussions and despite passing tests a neurologists wouldn't clear them to compete do to still having symptoms. You can still pass tests still feelings systems and a lot of these guys try to lie cheat the test just so they can pass and play. 
He was cleared and fine by that Wednesday. I know this with 100% certainty

Maybe this should ease some Howie stuff and maybe the next coach is on the same page or Howie just drafts the guy and the coach has to deal wit it? 

Jeff Skversky

1h  · 

While Eagles GM Howie Roseman is publicly taking heat for failed draft picks & signings, my understanding is Roseman drafted & made decisions based on Doug Pederson & his staff’s preferences, scheme & fit

In Justin Jefferson’s case #Eagles scouts & Roseman preferred Jefferson

6abc Action News

Maybe this should ease some Howie stuff and maybe the next coach is on the same page or Howie just drafts the guy and the coach has to deal wit it? 

Jeff Skversky

1h  · 

While Eagles GM Howie Roseman is publicly taking heat for failed draft picks & signings, my understanding is Roseman drafted & made decisions based on Doug Pederson & his staff’s preferences, scheme & fit

6abc Action News
I kinda trust lurie here

Jeff Skversky

1h  · 

6abc Action News
He clearly was listening to Schwartz for defense picks and it wasn't working or Schwartz wasn't coaching them up.

I kinda trust lurie here
Yeah Sounds more like Howie was trying to be the good guy here and be the better man and Doug just wouldn't budge. It shows Howie has grown in a way. It'd be nice if we can get a coach who is fundamentally in check with Lurie and Howie's vision and see if it can work. They always seem to Get a guy with their vision but in the end isn't theirs at all 

He clearly was listening to Schwartz for defense picks and it wasn't working or Schwartz wasn't coaching them up.
Well last 1 1/2 yrs I can tell you for sure he was not coaching them up. Dude didn't want to do anything with coaching. 

Yeah Sounds more like Howie was trying to be the good guy here and be the better man and Doug just wouldn't budge. It shows Howie has grown in a way. It'd be nice if we can get a coach who is fundamentally in check with Lurie and Howie's vision and see if it can work. They always seem to Get a guy with their vision but in the end isn't theirs at all 
Well, I *hope* this is true, but seems very convenient for Howie.  He is great at getting the national football media to tell his stories for him.  

This doesn't excuse him IMO.  When you're in charge of something, it's part of your job to ignore bad advice.

Fingers crossed I guess. 

Well, I *hope* this is true, but seems very convenient for Howie.  He is great at getting the national football media to tell his stories for him.  

This doesn't excuse him IMO.  When you're in charge of something, it's part of your job to ignore bad advice.

Fingers crossed I guess. 
I agree with you on that. I just don't know how to view the guy at times. He has his detractors and I sometimes feel it's not as bad as those make him out to be just like Maddi is reporting the Wentz/Pederson fracture wasn't as terrible as some in the media made it. 

If this happens this would make my Grandma very happy. Duce was always her favorite player and this is a women who Saw Steve Van Buren play and went to games as a season Ticket member with my Pop-Pop since 1961 so she's seen a lot of players. 

@RobMaaddi

Rodney McLeod strongly endorses Duce Staley. @MalcolmJenkins did the same from afar today. Both of their opinions hold weight with Jeffrey Lurie. I’m sure the #Eagles will conduct an exhaustive search but it would not surprise me if Duce ends up being the guy to lead a rebuild.

If this happens this would make my Grandma very happy. Duce was always her favorite player and this is a women who Saw Steve Van Buren play and went to games as a season Ticket member with my Pop-Pop since 1961 so she's seen a lot of players. 

@RobMaaddi

Rodney McLeod strongly endorses Duce Staley. @MalcolmJenkins did the same from afar today. Both of their opinions hold weight with Jeffrey Lurie. I’m sure the #Eagles will conduct an exhaustive search but it would not surprise me if Duce ends up being the guy to lead a rebuild.
Duce deserves the shot. He's been the good soldier for 3 different regimes now. It's a tough hand he's being dealt with this team but he deserves to add Head Coach to his resume. 

Users who are viewing this thread